• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Winners from ZIMBABWE

Zimbabwe

Registered Users (C)
Can any winners from Zimbabwe meet here and advise each other on our progress.

1st NL received 1 July 2008
Sent back to KCC 4 July 2008

Can you modify your signatures, so we can know your details. Zimbabwe, are you familiar with the process?

Calling on more DV-2009 winning Zimbabweans to join in.. My case #2009AF00041*** now how does my case # determine when my case becomes current? Can anyone giv me an estimate. Recived my NL 11 July 08 Mailed bak 17 July 08. Best wishes to all..

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad that there are other winners from Zimbabwe. I'm positive that we'll all get out green cards.

My case #2009AF00041*** now how does my case # determine when my case becomes current? Can anyone giv me an estimate. Recived my NL 11 July 08 Mailed bak 17 July 08. Best wishes to all..

I am not from Zimbabwe, but I had a 2008AF44XXX and it became current in Aug-2008.

FYI...I sent my 1st NL (DS-156 & DS-230) back to KCC in April of 2008...after having sat on it for 1 year :)

Thanks i sort of now know how to do an estimate on when i will be current. I suspect around March 2009. That is if they do about 6900 cases for AF each month. Something like that!

Thanks i sort of now know how to do an estimate on when i will be current. I suspect around March 2009. That is if they do about 6900 cases for AF each month. Something like that!

I would not count on it being current in March...though that would be nice. But since you feel optimistic, I do not want to bust your bubble...good luck

Aug-2009 should be your target interview date...read the state.gov visa bulletins and you will understand what I am saying...

Am sure there are a number of Zimbabweans who go thru this site. Come on people lets make this more informative. Each time i view this thread there is nothing new. Where are you?

I am a Zimbabwean,based on New York , although i did not enter the lottery i did for my young brother in Zimbabwe and he won and he is going for the interview in November.Its unfortunate that Zimbos seem not to have the means of keeping each other in touch about their progress.But i appreciate there is one out there who is more than willing to keep things going.

God bless

Something tells me that its not really about having the means but maybe just not wanting to participate. I just think we could learn alot from each other. I hope all goes well for your Brother. Am sure that he will do well. I guess he just has to keep his cool and be as truthfull as can be. I will be going for my interview next year i guess. Lets hope more of us participate am tired of reading threads from other countries. Please let me know how much the medicals cost.

As Zimbos i guess its no point trying to prove u hav funds to support yourself. No matter hw much ZWD u have in yr account u can nt convert it 2 USD with regards 2 laws that govern us, so i guess the affidavit of support is é only route.

Affidavit of support is the only route for us,he will do well i am confident,so what city are you in,

Hi guys,

I'm from Zimbabwe and I read postings every day. Nothing much has changed for me so I don't really have much to post. I do have a question though, most people seem to be doing their AOS before they go for their interview. I guess I don't understand whether your status can be adjusted before you receive your visa at your interview. How do they know that your visa will be approved.

Thanks for any replies.

hie guys ,

I am from zim as well my # 2009AF00048XXX , I am currently in the states and hoping to do AOS when my digits become current. Question guys is it really necessary to send the forms to KCC because it says in the packet "It will not be necessary for you to contact the KCC for any further information or instructions if you apply to adjust status in the United States, KCC will not contact you again."

I hope one of us out there in your situation can assist you. I am not well informed about AOS. However i am sure you can get information from KCC its not as if you asking when u going to become current. You have nothing to loose by calling them to better understand your situation. Good luck. The whole point is its just good to acknowledge that u out there even if you do not have much to contribute. If you post anything even a word of encouragement to the silent one who also view the thread it makes better than seeing posts from 3 - 4 moths ago. Trust me if we keep it alive tinowanda. Good luck and don't forget to share the info you get from KCC.