• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Winners from ZIMBABWE

M havin trouble getting affidavit of support, but can show cash (money orders) and assets valued over the minimum required. Anyone heard anyone who has gone thru the interview in Harare? How much are the medicals in Harare?

How is it coming out Noe. Please post, we are eager to know of your progress and maybe help where we can.

Medicals

Medicals are now a bit expensive in Harare. $100 for the exam, $100 for chest Xray, $50 for blood work, $10 for Aids/HIV testing and then vaccinations for hepatitis A&B.

All the documents are fine.Whats left is for the Embassy to confirm the date.But we had been given an earlier date of January 13th.So will give you guys an update soon of how things go.

Is it true that you have to hand in your paperwork first before you get the interview date at the embassy? I know someone who said they had to go back for the actual interview about 3 weeks later. They apparently had to get a clearance from the FBI first. Maybe it was because the person was already in the US.

Its for real that you send documents to the embassy first.My young brother in Zimbabwe,Bulawayo has been called over the phone to first send Passports,Affidavits of support and alll the certificates,educational and birth.They said they needed these before they can schedule an interview.For now he has done all this and its been three weeks.They should be scheduling his interview sometime next for a date in January.I think its all procedural ,and it saves you the hustle of going back and forth in case you pitch up at the interview with missing info.They schedule the interview after they are satisfied that you have sent in all the documentation and you are ready for the interview.

Medicals are now a bit expensive in Harare. $100 for the exam, $100 for chest Xray, $50 for blood work, $10 for Aids/HIV testing and then vaccinations for hepatitis A&B.

Thats $260! a lot of money. Hope you`ll be able to go through that hurdle. Thats the sad thing about a our situation in Zim at the moment. Some of these fees may be prohibitive and cost you an opportunity to cross over to the good land of plenty. Soldier on, you`ll make it Noe, praying for you.

My brother got his visa at the Harare Embassy,Zimbabwe today.The Interview lasted exactly 1(one) minute.
The only questions asked where the relationship between Affidavit of sponsor and my brother,what my brother will do in the States,and the Officer at the Embassy shared info abt the State where my brother is coming to, that is it is cold , and she also highlighted that my brother's O-Level grades where very good, 6A's plus other subjects.So guys go for it.And welcome to America.

The DV-visa lottery interview is the easiest as long as you have the requested documentation.Try to submit the information two weeks before the confirmed interview date.

Congratulations Zimbabwe

Amhlope Zimbabwe to your brother!!!!!!!!!!!! Man how I wish that was me. Almost sent you an email on the 13th. Couldn`t wait to hear the outcome. He`s one luck man. There`s no better time to leave Zim than now. Hope I`ll make it someday.

Rimwe you will get it,lets just keep our tabs on the keyboard,and guess what he will be here in less than a week,will give you an update on what happens at the port of Entry (Washington D.C)

POE & Questions

Thats record time for entering the US after the interview. Did he get the his Visa imprinted passport the same day? Yah give us the POE report from Dulles. I want to know more about the interview though. Do they consider O or A Level results for the High School Education requirement? What documents did you provide alongside the Affidavit of Support? How much did he pay? I understand there is a USD$40 Affidavit of Support review fee but most people from most consulates talk about paying just the USD$775. Did he see many other DV applicants on his interview day?And out of interest are you a past DV winner yourself Zim?

Noe how did your cp go? Please do share. Anyone else from Zim who has gone through cp thus far?

THey looked at the O-level results, in Zimbabwe Wednesday is set aside for Immigrant visas only, he paid 755 i think and the entry at the Dulles was Flawless on January 22,2009.He did interview on 14 January and collected passport on the 21st of January and went straight to Joburg then Zurich Swirtzerland then washington D.C arrived on the 23rd,easy..............................

THey looked at the O-level results, in Zimbabwe Wednesday is set aside for Immigrant visas only, he paid 755 i think and the entry at the Dulles was Flawless on January 22,2009.He did interview on 14 January and collected passport on the 21st of January and went straight to Joburg then Zurich Swirtzerland then washington D.C arrived on the 23rd,easy..............................
Will call you this evening. I think all went well.

Noe how did your cp go? Please do share. Anyone else from Zim who has gone through cp thus far?
Interview was supposed to be on 27th (Tues), but thanx to Zimbabwe, we found out that documents had to be submitted in advance and the embassy schedules the interview themselves when they are satisfied with your documentation (which is good). So, due to a minor mixup with sponsor, it was rescheduled to today, and interview went well (took less than 10 minutes; only because I had to re-fill a DS-230 which had errors); to collect passport on Monday. Will give details soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Noe!!!

Ey Noe thats good news man, you have maintained the winning formula. This is great guys.

Amhlophe,Makorokoto,Congratulations Noe,we proud of our record.Lets get talking later on tonight......we getting ready to pick the brother from the Airport................Swiss Air is the cheapest one way.......later when you call

Noe, I knew you would make it. Thats great man. Really am happy for you. As for me its still a long wait. AF41***.

Noe, I knew you would make it. Thats great man. Really am happy for you. As for me its still a long wait. AF41***.

Don't worry, your turn will come, and when it's all done, you will wish you didn't overstress yourself over it. Looks very easy when its all said and done. In my opinion, the "interview" is just a verification step to make sure that you are the person you claim to be and that you your qualifications are what you claim them to be.

Thanks man. Will keep you posted via this forum on my progress. Ps do remain active on this page so we keep it going.