• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Winners from ZIMBABWE

Since I was last here, I have decided to change my processing choice to Adjustment of status. I realized there would be lot of time lost from work plus money I would have to spend going back and forth to Zim, so am just going to try my luck and do everything here. Is there anyone from Zim doing the same?

You can choose CP processing from the Canadian Embassy,AOS might take forever,Noe and the rest correct me if am wrong,you are allowed to choose the nearest Consular if you are resident in the US on another visa.

I had never heard of that one before. Since the letter came I have been on forums looking high and low for a way to make it easier on myself but had not come across that information. The immigration lawyer I consulted told me I could apply for adjustment 60 days before my number became current so will try and do that. Hope it works, otherwise will have to try and get the card another way. Will look into the Canada thing though and will report back.

Thanks

You can call KCC like on Mponday and see what they say...............about changing back to CP but Canada since you are resident here already

You can choose CP processing from the Canadian Embassy,AOS might take forever,Noe and the rest correct me if am wrong,you are allowed to choose the nearest Consular if you are resident in the US on another visa.

Yes, I know a few people who have done it through the Canadian embassy in Montreal. All you need to do is to tell them that you want to do your CP in Canada where you are currently residing.

Arrived USA.................23 January,2009
Received Welcome letter...12 February,2009
Received Green Card.........13 February,2009

Isnt that great Zimbos.................................

Welcome letter and green card delayed as a result of change in address from New Jersey to Virginia ,otherwise should have received everything on February 4,2009

Got my interview date for Next week Wednesday in Harare, Zimbabwe. Kcc had given me a Date for 7 July 2009. Did my medicals last week, Submitted my documentation today, and was told to come for the interview on Wed, like day after tomorrow. Asked them to make it next week, as I am still waiting for my letter of Support, which I should get this week. I did not expect it to be that quick???

Got my interview date for Next week Wednesday in Harare, Zimbabwe. Kcc had given me a Date for 7 July 2009. Did my medicals last week, Submitted my documentation today, and was told to come for the interview on Wed, like day after tomorrow. Asked them to make it next week, as I am still waiting for my letter of Support, which I should get this week. I did not expect it to be that quick???
Told you they could be that quick. For your letter of support, ask the person to email the documents directly to them; that's what we did. It will save you money as well. Once your sponsor emails them, phone to ask if they received them, and you are all set. Good luck.

Thanks Noe. Just confirmed with my sponsor. They will dhl the affidavit of support to the Embassy tomorrow. So I hope that works out. Will let you know the outcome. Keep active on the forum.

Thanks Noe. Just confirmed with my sponsor. They will dhl the affidavit of support to the Embassy tomorrow. So I hope that works out. Will let you know the outcome. Keep active on the forum.

You should also have a copy of the affidavit of support in hand if you are attending the interview.

Good luck with your interview. I am currently adjusting my case in the US and have put my timeline on my signature for those who might benefit from it.

Could have saved yourselves time and DHL fees by just asking your sponsor to scan and email the support documents; that's what we did.

Guess its too late for that now. The associated costs of medicals in Zim is something else frustrating is all I can say. Guys its great to have participation on this page again. How I would love for there to be more of us participants. Its big of those who went through the process and are still contributing.

Had a successful interview in Harare this morning. To Noe and everyone else esp the originator of this thread thank you so much. More info later.

Had a successful interview in Harare this morning. To Noe and everyone else esp the originator of this thread thank you so much. More info later.
Congratulations !!! Lets link up when you arrive. CHeck Qatar airways from J'burg...its usually cheapest :)

Would love to link up Noe. Just send me an Email with your details to albanmus@gmail.com I will be in the City of Steel. Have not decided when I will leave. Still have to leave my business operating.