• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Winners from ZIMBABWE

With regards to your Question regarding AOS, on the instructions it states that to determine if you can adjust yr status you have to contact USCIS with yr documents from the first package. So maybe your info can come from USCIS! It also goes on to say that if you apply to adjust your status in the US KCC will not contact you again. Meaning perhaps USCIS will have all your answers..

hello Jasonv, when did you get to know that your interview is in 2nd week of december? i called KCC on wednesday and was told december interviews have not yet been scheduled and that i should call back on monday.
i wish you all the best.

I called too and was also told to call back on Monday. I'd previously sent an email off and got a reply on Friday that my interview was scheduled for early December (they did actually give me the date) and that I would receive my documents in 7-10 working days.

best of luck to all!

Affidavit of support is the only route for us,he will do well i am confident,so what city are you in,
M havin trouble getting affidavit of support, but can show cash (money orders) and assets valued over the minimum required. Anyone heard anyone who has gone thru the interview in Harare? How much are the medicals in Harare?

Got my interview date for end of January. KCC says my material should be arriving in less than 10 days. Anyone gone to an interview in Harare yet? What should I expect/prepare for?

Perhaps there are people from Zim who have had interviews but do not know about this site. All I can say to you my Brother is wish you all the best and looks like you will have to gather some idea of the process from peoples experiences from other countries. Please let us know how your interview goes.. Best wishes.

I know the originator of this thread's brother has/had an interview in November, and today is the last day to schedule an immigrant visa interview in Harare. So, I am hoping that after today, we will hear from them. We wish them the best.

Hi,
I am Zim born, currently living in the UK. As you can see from our case # we are a long way from being current (if ever, which would be a major disapointment.) Is anyone else from Zim based in the UK? I would love to hear interview experiences and any tips.

I am a Zimbabwean based in the US. My # is AF00043***. Opted for CP rather than AOS becoz from the information I had, and from talking to the people at KCC, it might be too late to do AOS by the time my case became current in July to August. Apparently AOS is a slower process than CP.Does anyone know this to be true?

Wow this is beautiful! I only found this thread today. Its great to finally see something by my fellow countrymen. Thanks Zimbabwe. I`m not a DV2009 winner but I have learnt a lot thru a site by South Africans www.sausa.org/dvlottery and I recommend it to any of you who may want to know all about other winners "experiences" especially the CP. From what I`ve gathered its just a fomality if your documents are in order. So just make sure you get that right Zimbabwe. I think there are fewer replies because not many Zimbabweans residing in the country know about this Green Card thang. Funny thing considering the number of applications Nigerians send in every year. But lets be the pioneers! Please lets help each other out. Good luck to you all.

Well, as for myself my sad story is I didn`t manage to get my photo specs in time for DV2010! - go figure.Waiting for DV2011 and hoping they won`t have scraped it by then. Pray for me please.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am with you all the way. Yes let up be the pioneers. Very true about the nigerians. I guess there are many Zimbabweans out there who do not know and or believe in the DV lottery. At first I thought it was a scam. But hey this is reall. Anyway lets keep the info coming.