• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2009 Winners from EUROPE

Mia22,

I can e-mail, if my scanner is still working....,I can fax you as well without any problem to Bosnia.

Thanks
Jugnu

2009EU00023xxx

April 23, 2008- NL sent (2009EU00023xxx)
May 10 2008 - NL received
July 16 2008 - AOS forms sent to USCIS lockbox Chicago
July 17 2008 - AOS received by USCIS

Question

Aren`t you supposed to wait until number is current? Did you get any response from immigration so far?
Thanks

Your number is pretty high for EU. Why did you decide to go for AOS and not Consular processing?

I am working in the states and can not really leave. I am finishing my PhD and can thus stay. If there were any problems and I could not come back, than that would be a problem. Any ideas? I could still switch to CP, but how many visits would I have to do to go home?

I am working in the states and can not really leave. I am finishing my PhD and can thus stay. If there were any problems and I could not come back, than that would be a problem. Any ideas? I could still switch to CP, but how many visits would I have to do to go home?

I also was in the USA working on H1B but I still chose consular processing. My number was very low and I had an interview in October 2007. I took one week of vacation and finished everything in Europe. Your number will be probably current after March April 2009. This year, your number was current in May. That means that you might have tops 4 months for AOS processing. AOS can get complicated and last a long time. If they do not finish the process in the USA by Sep 2009, you can lose your green card. With such a high number, I would not risk it. I would go for Consular processing.

When you go for consular processing, in most case it takes only 1 day. It took me 1 hour for the interview. Judging from your native country and education, very little can go wrong for you during an interview. Chances that you would be refused are small.

In my opinion, Consular processing is a much better option for you.

If you have any questions, let me know.

I also was in the USA working on H1B but I still chose consular processing. My number was very low and I had an interview in October 2007. I took one week of vacation and finished everything in Europe. Your number will be probably current after March April 2009. This year, your number was current in May. That means that you might have tops 4 months for AOS processing. AOS can get complicated and last a long time. If they do not finish the process in the USA by Sep 2009, you can lose your green card. With such a high number, I would not risk it. I would go for Consular processing.

When you go for consular processing, in most case it takes only 1 day. It took me 1 hour for the interview. Judging from your native country and education, very little can go wrong for you during an interview. Chances that you would be refused are small.

In my opinion, Consular processing is a much better option for you.

If you have any questions, let me know.

True all too true. As you can see from my signature, I have to wait a week or to to see what USCIS will do with my application that jumped the gun completely and was applied for in wrong fiscal year. Hopefully they will just send it back right away so that I could change to CP with DOS, without complications arising from an application being rejected by USCIS (hopefully not).

1) In your experience, how long does it take DOS to change back into CP?

2) Did you have to include tax return transcripts for your interview?

3) Did you have to file Affadivit of Support?

Thanks

True all too true. As you can see from my signature, I have to wait a week or to to see what USCIS will do with my application that jumped the gun completely and was applied for in wrong fiscal year. Hopefully they will just send it back right away so that I could change to CP with DOS, without complications arising from an application being rejected by USCIS (hopefully not).

1) In your experience, how long does it take DOS to change back into CP?

2) Did you have to include tax return transcripts for your interview?

3) Did you have to file Affadivit of Support?

Thanks

USCIS will just return your application. I do not think there will be any complications.

1. I think you need to advise KCC that you want CP. Just email them and they will give you instructions on how to proceed. To be honest, I do not have any experience in this but I know it is not a problem.
2. I had my tax returns just in case they ask for it. They were not needed for the interview and they never asked to see them. Consul did not even look at my bank records or my employment letter.
3. No, no Affidavit of Support.

Hey mia22,

when you did CP how much did you have to pay total (without medical) and where did you pay? This $375 fee that goes to DOS, do you pay that when you are at consulate?

Thanks

Hey mia22,

when you did CP how much did you have to pay total (without medical) and where did you pay? This $375 fee that goes to DOS, do you pay that when you are at consulate?

Thanks
The total for CP is at the moment $775 (that's for the immigrant visa plus the lottery surcharge). This amount needs to be paid at the time of the interview directly at the embassy.

The total for CP is at the moment $775 (that's for the immigrant visa plus the lottery surcharge). This amount needs to be paid at the time of the interview directly at the embassy.

Igmu is correct. All payments $ 775 per person at the embassy. We paid in cash.

Hii Turkey Embassy start to refuse dv case what can be reason last week only get vısa from 2 ppl ???

Many of them have good job and really good evıdence any comments about this..

Thıs subject is gone very deep of portal where are u europen ?? specially persian and tuırkish ..?