• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

pls i need 2 know everytin cos i am about going 4 mine

Sir, i will implore you to take time and read through the thread from beginning to the end as it will do you a lot of good, single or married there are varieties of insights into likely question during interview and when is your interview?also please let us know your case number. God will go before you and you will come back with a success story.:):)

It is my turn of testimonies, my good news is that I am grateful to God and eternally grateful to members of this wonderful house. I had a successful interview on the 2nd of July.Later i will share my interview questions with the house.

congrat !!!
dats a gud news in d new mth. pls feed d house bck wit ur interview questions. d house is waiting and gud luck to those dat there interview is coming up in dis month july...

It is my turn of testimonies, my good news is that I am grateful to God and eternally grateful to members of this wonderful house. I had a successful interview on the 2nd of July.Later i will share my interview questions with the house.

Congrats.

I am asking a friend of my mine won Diversity visa lottery but he can not recall the date of birth he has written in the EDV online. Whenever he emails to KCC they usually request a complete date of birth. Is he stands a chance to be interviewed or expects a second letter because his case is already current in August.

Hi,

This is a critical case and even worst since he's contacted them severally and they're always requesting for the correct DOB. They will definitely send the person the 2nd Letter inviting for interview but he might end up been refused the visa because he doesn't have the proper DOB, which means he won't go for the interview with the right birth certificate and they could have possibly tagged the case number as fraudulent.

Infact, i rest my case. How on earth.... infact i rest my case.

My advice for the person is not to waste his/her money and time if s/he still cannot remember it till s/he receives the 2nd letter.

Good luck

Congrats Sunnyaje !! The Lord has made Himself manifest in your life & He has showered His infinite blessings on you. May He continue to blanket you with His warmth, love & goodwill. May the good Lord continue to bless all the brothers & sisters on this honorable forum in the mighty & everlasting name of Jesus Christ.
Amen.
To God be the glory.

i am thanking God for you because your success has enlivened my hope that probably by the grace of God next year around this time, i will be here to tell my success story aswell because my case number is within your range if not exactly the same as yours- i guess!. Congrats as we await your experience.

I am asking a friend of my mine won Diversity visa lottery but he can not recall the date of birth he has written in the EDV online. Whenever he emails to KCC they usually request a complete date of birth. Is he stands a chance to be interviewed or expects a second letter because his case is already current in August.

Your case may actually be critical as assertained by 4real4u but i still believe all hope is not lost.From my humble opinion, what these people are actually looking for is sincerity.There is no crime mailing kcc and telling them the whole truth that you thought the DOB you filled in the EDV was your original DOB.And that you only discovered this when you sent them mail and it was surprising to you when they replied that your DOB does not march that case number.In other words, claim that the DOB you filled in the EDV was an oversight.But this is under the condition that the DOB you filled in the forms you sent back is the same with what is in your birth certificate.I believe this will solve everything, just trust in God.

Please bro always hit on me when ever you are in the house and how far have you gone with your documentation.

only International passport remaining.Of course police certificate and medical would be next year when we become current by the grace of God.Please do you know how much it cost to do international passport?

Your case may actually be critical as assertained by 4real4u but i still believe all hope is not lost.From my humble opinion, what these people are actually looking for is sincerity.There is no crime mailing kcc and telling them the whole truth that you thought the DOB you filled in the EDV was your original DOB.And that you only discovered this when you sent them mail and it was surprising to you when they replied that your DOB does not march that case number.In other words, claim that the DOB you filled in the EDV was an oversight.But this is under the condition that the DOB you filled in the forms you sent back is the same with what is in your birth certificate.I believe this will solve everything, just trust in God.

Oversight? ''No ignorance in law''. This is like a law because you must not falsify or impersonate any person either by not sticking to your date of birth, names etc.

To me i think as soon as he informs them they will send 2nd Letter inviting him for interview, he'll make all the visa processing payments, do all the medicals and at the point of interview they will deny him based on what he's told them. OK let's pause here, let me ask him a question, what date of birth will he put in the passport he'll be going to the embassy with when he doesn't know the right one?

I bet you it is only God's divine intervention that can solve it.

Fingers crossed.

Please do keep us in the loop and good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
since your case is current.....

But this what they told me after sending a mailto the embassy.
For Diversity Visa entries, if you are inquiring about adding a family member (that was NOT a family member at the time of your Diversity Visa entry) to your DV case, it can be done on the day of your interview at the U.S. Consulate. All normal DV fees apply for this family member.

since your case is current, ur file is in the embassy already, if they told u to bring the completed form on ur interview date, u will pay for the child too, get that.

International passport

only International passport remaining.Of course police certificate and medical would be next year when we become current by the grace of God.Please do you know how much it cost to do international passport?

i think the price varies depending on your location in Nigeria, please prepare to spend about N20,000 if not more and you will get it btw 3-5 days,if you are in lagos, i know someone who can help you get it for N20,000 btw 3-5 days. All the best.:):)

Example of a similar lost case

Oversight? ''No ignorance in law''. This is like a law because you must not falsify or impersonate any person either by not sticking to your date of birth, names etc.

To me i think as soon as he informs them they will send 2nd Letter inviting him for interview, he'll make all the visa processing payments, do all the medicals and at the point of interview they will deny him based on what he's told them. OK let's pause here, let me ask him a question, what date of birth will he put in the passport he'll be going to the embassy with when he doesn't know the right one?

I bet you it is only God's divine intervention that can solve it.

Fingers crossed.

Please do keep us in the loop and good luck.

Birthdate error: reason for visa denial

#1 22nd February 2009, 02:25 PM
janetgal
Registered User Join Date: Nov 2008

Birthdate error: reason for visa denail?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi,
I made a mistake in my online entry (my birthdate). I found out abt dat when i contacted KCC on the phone and they said birhtdate dont match. I dont ve a record of the submission form n everything but got am 2nd letter. i contacted de embassy for advise n de consular said it may be alr, but she cant say a word. do i ve to go de interview or cancel it? i mean, if it is big enough to fail me, i wanna stop it right here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by janetgal; 22nd February 2009 at 03:45 PM.

janetgal
View Public Profile
Send a private message to janetgal
Find all posts by janetgal
Add janetgal to Your Contacts

#2 23rd February 2009, 06:26 AM
darkhorse
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2008

Listen, making a mistake of listing the wrong DOB on the original entry is, unfortunately, a fatal error. This will effectively disqualify you at the interview.

I suggest not going ahead with the process. You may end up wasting $775 for nothing.

Sorry.

darkhorse
View Public Profile
Send a private message to darkhorse
Send email to darkhorse
Find all posts by darkhorse
Add darkhorse to Your Contacts

#3 23rd February 2009, 06:46 AM
winners08
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2008

good reply dark horse, Janetgal dont waste your money they wont issue you the visa. sorry about that better luck next time
KCC CONFRMD RECPT: 2WKS LATER
AWAITING 2ND LETTER
CN CURRENT FOR FEB
INTERVIEW CONFIRMED BY KCC FOR 1ST WK IN FEB
MEDICALS STARTED 5/1/08
2ND NL RECEIVED 13/01/2009
MEDICALS COMPLETED 19/01/2009
POLICE CERTIFICATE DONE 19/01/2009
AOS ARRIVED 30/01/2009
SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW 03/02/09
VISA PICKED UP 10/02/09
POE: BOSTON 31/05/09

He who began a good work in me is able to complete it.

winners08
View Public Profile
Send a private message to winners08
Send email to winners08
Find all posts by winners08
Add winners08 to Your Contacts

#4 23rd February 2009, 09:01 AM
la1
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2006

hi janetgal,

when is your interview? how old are you? what is your case number?
June, 24 Delivered

January,13, current
Januray 15, they send the 2nl NL
February 2, i got 2nl NL ---> March3, Interview- Frankfurtt 8:00
Feb.12, Medical done in München"Munich"
Feb 20 Medical is Ok
Mar.3 Interview in Frankfurtt
Mar.7 Visa in mail
may17 JFK
may 28 Welcome letter
June19 Green card

la1
View Public Profile
Send a private message to la1
Send email to la1
Find all posts by la1
Add la1 to Your Contacts

#5 23rd February 2009, 12:41 PM
janetgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by la1
hi janetgal,

when is your interview? how old are you? what is your case number?

my interview is in March 19
I am 28
Case number is: 19*** (AFRICA)

Last edited by janetgal; 24th February 2009 at 05:15 AM.

janetgal
View Public Profile

#6 23rd February 2009, 01:09 PM
raevsky
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2007

What type of mistake in you DOB did you make?

raevsky
View Public Profile
Send a private message to raevsky
Send email to raevsky
Find all posts by raevsky
Add raevsky to Your Contacts

#7 23rd February 2009, 11:01 PM
janesommy
Registered User Join Date: May 2007

My dear no need to go for the interview becos you will be disqualified.Just take your time and be very careful next time you apply.

DV Winner 07

janesommy
View Public Profile
Send a private message to janesommy
Find all posts by janesommy
Add janesommy to Your Contacts

#8 24th February 2009, 04:16 AM
waks
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2008

all may not be lost

I am not very sure that the message you got from KCC indicating details do not match is fatal to your application. You can change any info before your papers are sent to your contry's embassy. I remember I had a problem with my mums DOB and i contacted them but they told me the information i sent didnt match with what they had i offered to scan a copy of her national id card they told me they have noted the change and put it in my file they never assured me all was well but it was never mentioned in the interview. a prents DOB may be less important but i also dont think yours is as long as you are honest and try to infrom KCC early.
Also please dont put your case no and DOB in the forum instad use 19XXX. all the best

waks
View Public Profile
Send a private message to waks
Send email to waks
Find all posts by waks
Add waks to Your Contacts

#9 24th February 2009, 05:16 AM
janetgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by waks
I am not very sure that the message you got from KCC indicating details do not match is fatal to your application. You can change any info before your papers are sent to your contry's embassy. I remember I had a problem with my mums DOB and i contacted them but they told me the information i sent didnt match with what they had i offered to scan a copy of her national id card they told me they have noted the change and put it in my file they never assured me all was well but it was never mentioned in the interview. a prents DOB may be less important but i also dont think yours is as long as you are honest and try to infrom KCC early.
Also please dont put your case no and DOB in the forum instad use 19XXX. all the best

it is too late to do so, i think cos the KCC already sent me 2nd letter. May b the embassy, tho.

What do you think?

janetgal
View Public Profile

#10 24th February 2009, 05:18 AM
janetgal

I dont know what type of mistake i made in DOB. It could be big difference or small difference of ages. Typing error actually. anything in mind brother?

janetgal
View Public Profile

#11 24th February 2009, 05:19 AM
janetgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by raevsky
What type of mistake in you DOB did you make?

wish i knew. i have no idea. i tried like 10 possible birthdates that i might have entered but none matched wit what i inputted in KCC.

janetgal
View Public Profile

#12 24th February 2009, 06:17 AM
F1winner

hey, go a head and attend the interview, be frank to them, life is a gamble.

F1winner
View Public Profile
Send a private message to F1winner
Send email to F1winner
Find all posts by F1winner
Add F1winner to Your Contacts

#13 24th February 2009, 06:41 AM
raevsky
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2007

It is very unlikely you will be able to get a visa

raevsky
View Public Profile
Send a private message to raevsky
Send email to raevsky
Find all posts by raevsky
Add raevsky to Your Contacts

#14 24th February 2009, 07:21 AM
ahmed711
Registered User Join Date: May 2008

Give it try, maybe it will work ....................

Loosing amount of USD 775 should not be the reason, to stop at this stage, you may lose this amount or more than it because of any other reason in your life, just try to put your birth certificate, online form copy and form DS 230 in front of you, try to catch the mistake yourself, and hope you made this mistake in form DS 230, but in all cases go ahead to the end and don’t look to the money you have to spend as interview fees, remember it’s interview so it’s individual case, and who knows, maybe it will be alright.
May-16-2008 Forms Rvd by KCC 11:51 AM
Sept-11-2008 CN Current, for November Interview
Sept-17-2008 KCC Confirned Interview Nov. 16,2008
Oct-18-2008 2NL Received
Nov-16-2008 Successful Interview
Nov-16-2008 Visa Pending for Admin. Processing
Nov-27-2008 Original 1-134 form & copy of 2007 Tax return received from sponsor
May-19-2009 Visa Stamped

Last edited by ahmed711; 24th February 2009 at 07:25 AM.

ahmed711
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ahmed711
Send email to ahmed711
Find all posts by ahmed711
Add ahmed711 to Your Contacts

#15 24th February 2009, 07:00 PM
wwwh355

I second that....
If 775 is not critical to you
Go, give a shot....
Honest is the best policy.
They should know lying about the DOB brings nothing good to you.
You don have the motive and reason to do that intensionally.
APR 08 Got Married
MAY 20 Received 1st NL
MAY 24 Sent our Docs back
MAY 27 Confirmed received by DHL on
JUL 02 Confirmed received by KCC on
FEB 13 2nd NL Dated on
FEB 19 2nd NL sent on
MAR 03 2nd NL received, my wife included
APR 14 Interview passed
APR 17 1st POE at DFW Finally!!!
MAY 02 Welcome letter received
MAY 27 2nd welcome letter??!

wwwh355
View Public Profile
Send a private message to wwwh355
Send email to wwwh355
Find all posts by wwwh355
Add wwwh355 to Your Contacts

#16 24th February 2009, 10:38 PM
TNDV2008
Registered User Join Date: May 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetgal
I dont know what type of mistake i made in DOB. It could be big difference or small difference of ages. Typing error actually. anything in mind brother?

And that's why I tell people...MAKE COPIES OF WHATEVER YOU SEND, so that you know (or remember) what you sent.

In the case of DV application online, create a summary of anwers which you provided when applying online.

By The Way, could it be that someone applied entered the DV info on your behalf, and that someone did not enter it correctly?...so your blind assumption at the time is now causing you grief?

formerly TN & stressed...
now GC'd & cool

TNDV2008
View Public Profile
Send a private message to TNDV2008
Find all posts by TNDV2008
Add TNDV2008 to Your Contacts

#17 25th February 2009, 05:16 PM
janetgal

10x guys....i thk i am gonna gv it a shot. no money prb at all. like u said, its gamble. individual based..who knows?

janetgal
View Public Profile

#18 28th February 2009, 10:11 AM
ireb
Registered User Join Date: Oct 2008

i support you, give it a shot, becoz

Hi Janet girl, i am also about to go for my interview on 16th march. this is why i think you should go.

when i received my 2NL, i took a lot of time reading it. i remember specifically KCC said, after the transfer of your case number, all communications should be directed to the embassy regarding your case.

i think, if by the time you got your 2NL you hadnt rectified th problem, i would advise you to contact the embassy where your gonna have your interview. Either by mail or phone call and explain about your problem, ask for advise, find out whether it will be fatal or not.

I am sure they have had people who have faced the same problem as your facing. Try to get in touch with embassy before the date for interview. Like the place where am going to have mine from, on the website of the embassy, here was am email on can contact about any problem in regard to your Visa processing. but if it was me, a call would be best or a personal visit if you can.

i will pray for you, dont just give up. mistakes are for all human being, even the consulate. take care, i will pray for you

ireb
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ireb
Send email to ireb
Find all posts by ireb
Add ireb to Your Contacts

#19 28th February 2009, 01:22 PM
janetgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireb
Hi Janet girl, i am also about to go for my interview on 16th march. this is why i think you should go.

when i received my 2NL, i took a lot of time reading it. i remember specifically KCC said, after the transfer of your case number, all communications should be directed to the embassy regarding your case.

i think, if by the time you got your 2NL you hadnt rectified th problem, i would advise you to contact the embassy where your gonna have your interview. Either by mail or phone call and explain about your problem, ask for advise, find out whether it will be fatal or not.

I am sure they have had people who have faced the same problem as your facing. Try to get in touch with embassy before the date for interview. Like the place where am going to have mine from, on the website of the embassy, here was am email on can contact about any problem in regard to your Visa processing. but if it was me, a call would be best or a personal visit if you can.

i will pray for you, dont just give up. mistakes are for all human being, even the consulate. take care, i will pray for you

Thanks a lot! You have gave me more hope than ever. I think I will try to get the best out of the embassy. My prayers are with you too. Agn, 10x!

Janet.

janetgal
View Public Profile

#20 28th February 2009, 05:05 PM
wwwh355

Janetgal, please keep all of us informed, I think your result will be a good references for others.
Hope you get the best
APR 08 Got Married
MAY 20 Received 1st NL
MAY 24 Sent our Docs back
MAY 27 Confirmed received by DHL on
JUL 02 Confirmed received by KCC on
FEB 13 2nd NL Dated on
FEB 19 2nd NL sent on
MAR 03 2nd NL received, my wife included
APR 14 Interview passed
APR 17 1st POE at DFW Finally!!!
MAY 02 Welcome letter received
MAY 27 2nd welcome letter??!

wwwh355
View Public Profile
Send a private message to wwwh355
Send email to wwwh355
Find all posts by wwwh355
Add wwwh355 to Your Contacts

#21 1st March 2009, 02:25 PM
janetgal

I will of course share my experience with you in detail.

janetgal
View Public Profile

#22 28th March 2009, 03:54 PM
robediente

heyy man, what happens with your case??????????????
Confirmation Delivered 1NL by Carol Gimmon June 25 2008
Recived 2NL: April 08 2009
Interview: April 16 2009 The Consular Officer ask about an affidavit of support
2n interview: June 22 2009 give to the embassy affidavit of support - Visa approved
Recived Passport with Visa: June 25 2009

I AM FROM CARACAS - VENEZUELA
NO SPEAK ENGLISH VERY WELL

robediente
View Public Profile
Send a private message to robediente
Send email to robediente
Find all posts by robediente
Add robediente to Your Contacts

#23 10th May 2009, 06:12 PM
abdulhannanmiah
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Present LIve in Dammam 2nd industry area , saudiarabia.

Hi friends

I am Hannan a Bangladeshi who applied for dv 2010 lotto last year and waiting for result. how ever my birth certificate and police clearance not yet make or issued but my school certificate dob 5/july 1973 what is that i written in dv form last year.

if I make DOB and marrige certificate etc document after dv NL it is acceptable for interview or not? pls reply me. I am new pls help me.

Hannan
saudi arabia

abdulhannanmiah
View Public Profile
Send a private message to abdulhannanmiah
Send email to abdulhannanmiah
Find all posts by abdulhannanmiah
Add abdulhannanmiah to Your Contacts

#24 10th May 2009, 06:49 PM
paradox3696
Registered User Join Date: May 2008

Unless you know way ahead that the time taken to issue Police Clearance and other documents will take unusual amount of time, it is not necessary to do that as you are NOT even a winner as yet.

Yes there is no reason why they wont accept these documents in the event that you got the NL and document issuance date thereafter.

Cheers and best of luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulhannanmiah
Hi friends

I am Hannan a Bangladeshi who applied for dv 2010 lotto last year and waiting for result. how ever my birth certificate and police clearance not yet make or issued but my school certificate dob 5/july 1973 what is that i written in dv form last year.

if I make DOB and marrige certificate etc document after dv NL it is acceptable for interview or not? pls reply me. I am new pls help me.

Hannan
saudi arabia

paradox3696
View Public Profile
Send a private message to paradox3696
Find all posts by paradox3696
Add paradox3696 to Your Contacts

#25 15th June 2009, 06:41 PM
abc38
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse
Listen, making a mistake of listing the wrong DOB on the original entry is, unfortunately, a fatal error. This will effectively disqualify you at the interview.

I suggest not going ahead with the process. You may end up wasting $775 for nothing.

Sorry.

Be wary of prophets of doom! Congratutions Janetgal

abc38
View Public Profile
Send a private message to abc38
Find all posts by abc38
Add abc38 to Your Contacts

#26 16th June 2009, 12:48 PM
darkhorse

I'm more than happy to concede and admit defeat if she really got her visa.

I was stating conventional wisdom, and in most cases the outcome does not turn out to be positive like here.

But anyway, best of luck for your new life in the US janetgal.

darkhorse
View Public Profile
Send a private message to darkhorse
Send email to darkhorse
Find all posts by darkhorse
Add darkhorse to Your Contacts

#27 16th June 2009, 12:55 PM
E59th
Registered User Join Date: Dec 2006

Dude, you were basically telling her to keep the $775 in her pocket. You were wrong, plain and simple.

E59th
View Public Profile
Send a private message to E59th
Send email to E59th
Find all posts by E59th
Add E59th to Your Contacts

#28 16th June 2009, 02:58 PM
janetgal

I got my visa, thanks you guys! I had my interview yesterday at 7am in Kenya. Everything went amazin (nothing related to birhtdate asked). Gonna pick up my visa on monday!

janetgal
View Public Profile

#29 17th June 2009, 12:51 PM
DavidTseng

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetgal
I got my visa, thanks you guys! I had my interview yesterday at 7am in Kenya. Everything went amazin (nothing related to birhtdate asked). Gonna pick up my visa on monday!

Good ! Congratulations !!!

DavidTseng
View Public Profile
Send a private message to DavidTseng
Send email to DavidTseng
Find all posts by DavidTseng
Add DavidTseng to Your Contacts

#30 19th June 2009, 12:38 PM
MiroK
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2009

Hi janetgal,
your story is very interesting, congratulations you must be feeling like a 1 milion $. So the conclusion is never give up.
I wish you good new start in US.

Last edited by a moderator:
this story surely have a happy ending as you can see, so Dekow the choice is yours like gasper2000 dont stop now

Nothing is impossible

this story surely have a happy ending as you can see, so Dekow the choice is yours like gasper2000 dont stop now[/QUOTE

15th June 2009, 09:27 AM
janetgal

Janetgal here: successful interview

Hey Everybody!
I hope you remember me. After been thru a lot, I have finally set for interview and will get my visa on Monday.

I suppose my case is a little painful and i think it would be a great lesson for the rest of us. So, here is my information regarding my experience, which I hope you will use for good.

First of all, thanks to all of you who answered my questions and gave your suggestions. Special thanks goes to those ones who urged me to go to the interview no matter the complex issues i had. If it wasn't for you guys, none of this would have become a reality.

A. My word regarding KCC and Consular Offices:

1. KCC people are very helpful and kind. If you have any doubts about your case, please contact them directly and be as clear as possible. Heart-felt thanks goes to those people.
2. Consular services of US Embassy are extermely supportive and hepful. Again, contact them for any doubts you have and they are more than happy to help you out.
3. If your case is complicated like mine, the best way to get the information is by calling them. You pay more for phone, but it really,really worthes.

B. My issues:
Though i have posted only problems associated with my birthdate in this forum, i also had issue with my name. During online entry, I input my third name in both my second and third name. I know I made this error when i got my notification letter. I contacted KCC regarding this and they told me

Quote:
KCC IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS WHAT WAS ORIGINALLY ENTERED ON THE ONLINE ENTRY FORM. BUT SEND US YOUR CORRECT INFORMATION FOR EVALUATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

So, i correct my name and send my forms back to KCC.

That was around the May 2008.

I contacted KCC for the first name regarding my case (After sending them my forms) on September the 13. I was told the information I submitted does not match the case number provided. I thought it was a name problem, but they simply repeated the answer again and again. I contaced several people regarding their answer and honestly, i got the most frustrating answers. One told me (bbsnetting to be specific) it is a lost case and i need to give it up. I made a mistake of not calling KCC in the first place. It was just after i made the call that I know my birthdate was the error

C. 2nd letter came but i moved out:
Before my case regarding birthdate was solved, i left Asmara, Eritrea and moved out to Sudan. My second letter arrived in January 2009. My interview was set for Feburary 5 at 10:00am at US-Asmara consular. I asked for a transfer of my case and the consular service didnt even ask for the wrong birthdate i entered on my e-application. They transfered my case using Fedex to Nairobi.

D. Documents:
I contacted Kenyanan Consular services regarding my birthdate error and asked for advice if i have to move on or not. I have asked the asmara consular center as well. Both of them told me they are not authorized to advise me to continue or not. The kenyan consular center told me that the birthdate may be needed to collect my documents and that i need to have my correct documents with me and explain what was the error. Other than that, i had perfect school, medical and fininicial support documents. After passing medical examination, i contacted the office to set me a date of interview. The interview was set for June 15 at 7am. They gave me exactly a month.

E. The interview:
I was the first to be interviewed, I think. I prepared everything. Just in case they raise the question of my name, i printed out the first email they wrote me to show them that if they hadn't advised me, i wouldnt have moved on with the application. I also had printed the email the kenyan consular center wrote me. To my surprise, the interviewer didnt ask me for this info. I learned that the online entry may be important but the consulars have copies of the forms we fill and return to KCC.

The interview was successful. I will pick up my visa on monday and move to USA very soon.

Again, thanks for everyone. Please contact me if you have any doubts. I have contaced many people online and in person regarding my case and got many,many answers. If you need to hear those, please let me know.

I wish everyone the same luck as me.

Thanks!

janetgal
View Public Profile

15th June 2009, 09:57 PM
robediente

hi, how are you? congratulations.... i have the same mistakes in the initial forms... i have mi interview the next week, what questions make the consul to you at the inteview???? good luck
Confirmation Delivered 1NL by Carol Gimmon June 25 2008
Recived 2NL: April 08 2009
Interview: April 16 2009 (i need a affidavit of support)

I AM FROM CARACAS - VENEZUELA
NO SPEAK ENGLISH VERY WELL

robediente
View Public Profile
Find all posts by robediente

Copyright 1993-2009, All Rights Reserved

In as much as we all endeavour to help one another in the actualization of our dreams lets desist from telling others that their dreams are untenable until all avenue have been used, some of us only have that ONE OPPOURTUNITY, sometimes just as in the case of Janetgal, sincerity and tenacity also counts.IZi where are you?

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE ON THE 02ND OF JULY, 2009.
we got to the embassy 6:15am, parked in the army's car park (paid N500) joined the queue at the entry to the embassy at 6:35am for Immigrants with 7am appointments.
At the entry to the embassy, we asked to put away all battery operated devices and to open up our XRAY and bring out the medical results, before entry an officer checked up the list and found my name, my wife and son for interview and I told her I want to include my new born baby that I will be paying for 4 persons, she then gave us a payment notice slip for 4 persons to go in & pay to the cashier, a contact form to fill, and also a brown card (written on it was DV 7).

When we got in, there was female cashier who demanded for my payment voucher
I paid for 4 of us @ a rate of $1=N160, we then proceeded to the next window where we meet a lady to submit our documents both original and photocopy. The documents were collected in this order:

Primary Applicant (Husband)
1. NPC birth certificate
2. Marriage Cert.
3. Medical result + vacination paper
4. Police report
5. WAEC cert + other degree(s) obtained
6. 3 Passport Photographs
7. International Passport(s)

Wife
1. NPC Birth certificate
2. Marriage Cert.
3. Medical result + vaccination paper
4. Police report
5. 3 Passport Photographs
6. International Passport(s)

Son 1
1. NPC Birth certificate
2. 3 Passport Photographs
4. International Passport(s)

Son 2
1. NPC Birth certificate
5. Newly filled application form

She then asked us to proceed to the interview hall and take our seat.

At the interview hall, me & my wife did a rehearsal of possible questions we might likely face & we also chatted concerning possible windows we might be called to.

@ 8:00am various Immigrants were called up to the windows for their interview, mostly old women who have their children as US citizens.

@ 9:15am (DV7 called) we were called to Window 10 for the interview proper.
@ The window was a white young man.

Consular Officer (CO): Can you and your wife raise up your right hands. You're here because you were selected for further consideration and to tell the truth
Me & wife: Yes,
The CO gave us our DS230 forms to sign below the lines and also asked me to sign for my 2 sons as well.
CO: Please place your hands on the finger print machine, starting with the primary applicant and later with my wife.
The consular was now looking at my new born baby and he asked me how old is she and I told him is he and not she, he then asked me how old is he and I said 3weeks old, he smile and called his other friend to come see and he was showing his friend my baby’s international passport photo pages and the consular was smiling.

CO: What’s your date of birth?
Appt: I answered him
CO: Where do you work?
CO: You work as what in your work place?
CO: I see you have a degree, what did you study?
CO: what is difference between electrical and electronic ?
CO: who is a Technician?
CO: what is the difference between D.C and A.C?
CO: Where did you do your NYSC?

CO: when did you got married ?
Appt: I told him
CO: How did you meet you wife
CO: Did you do a traditional wedding?

CO: Do you have Pictures?
Me: I showed him 2 albums containing our pictures (1 for our relationship spanning yrs & the other for our wedding [registry])

CO: Who are those in the pictures?
Me & Wife: we told him.
----------------------------------
To my wife.
CO: where did you give birth to your first child and to also to the second child?
Wife: she told him
CO: Which church?
CO: Who deliver the baby in your church ?
CO: Hope there was no complications and the prophetess in your has been doing this before?

CO: Out of your 2 baby which one gave you more time before you delivered him
Wife: she told him.
CO: He asked us to go and seat with the baby just for about a minute and later called us and gave us a Blue Sheet.

CO: CONGRATULATIONS, I found you both as a true family and he said to me that my educational qualification also qualifies me for the visa .Your husband should come next week for your visas but I will prefer your husband and you stay at home with the baby so that you don’t stress the baby..
Please don’t make any travel plans or resign your job until you have your visas.

-----------------------------------------
N:B. All answers regarding me & my spouse were correct & accurate.
This is just a PURE miracle from GOD. it is indeed the greatest of favors.

Trust in God, he's the doer of all things.

sunnyaje
CASE NUMBER: 2009AF00013XXX.
07TH MAY 2008:NL Letter Received.
20TH MAY 2008:Mailed Back Form to KCC.
20th JUNE 2008:KCC Confirm Delivery of Forms.
2ND JULY 2009 :INTERVIEW SCHEDULED.
27TH MAY 2009:police Certificate.
28TH MAY 2009:Medicals started(myself & wife,son)
3RD JUNE 2009: 2nd NL RECIEVED From KCC.
12TH JUNE 2009:Wife gave birth a new born baby.
15TH JUNE 2009:Medicals Completed.
24TH JUNE 2009:AOS docs from US.
1ST JULY 2009:Medicals started and completed for New Born baby.
2ND JULY 2009: SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW.

Am wishing others in the house who are yet to do their own interview that almighty God will surely do it for them . Just don't relent in your prayers.
But my questions now is i was given back the passport photos that we use in sending back our application for to kcc in a White Film by the lady who checked our documents, what are we going to do with the Photos. Can anyone in the house please explain this to me cos am still the the photos.

Congratulation

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE ON THE 02ND OF JULY, 2009.
we got to the embassy 6:15am, parked in the army's car park (paid N500) joined the queue at the entry to the embassy at 6:35am for Immigrants with 7am appointments.
At the entry to the embassy, we asked to put away all battery operated devices and to open up our XRAY and bring out the medical results, before entry an officer checked up the list and found my name, my wife and son for interview and I told her I want to include my new born baby that I will be paying for 4 persons, she then gave us a payment notice slip for 4 persons to go in & pay to the cashier, a contact form to fill, and also a brown card (written on it was DV 7).

When we got in, there was female cashier who demanded for my payment voucher
I paid for 4 of us @ a rate of $1=N160, we then proceeded to the next window where we meet a lady to submit our documents both original and photocopy. The documents were collected in this order:

Primary Applicant (Husband)
1. NPC birth certificate
2. Marriage Cert.
3. Medical result + vacination paper
4. Police report
5. WAEC cert + other degree(s) obtained
6. 3 Passport Photographs
7. International Passport(s)

Wife
1. NPC Birth certificate
2. Marriage Cert.
4. Police report
5. 3 Passport Photographs
6. International Passport(s)

Son 1
1. NPC Birth certificate

Son 2
1. NPC Birth certificate
5. Newly filled application form

She then asked us to proceed to the interview hall and take our seat.

At the interview hall, me & my wife did a rehearsal of possible questions we might likely face & we also chatted concerning possible windows we might be called to.

@ 8:00am various Immigrants were called up to the windows for their interview, mostly old women who have their children as US citizens.

@ 9:15am (DV7 called) we were called to Window 10 for the interview proper.
@ The window was a white young man.

Consular Officer (CO): Can you and your wife raise up your right hands. You're here because you were selected for further consideration and to tell the truth
Me & wife: Yes,
The CO gave us our DS230 forms to sign below the lines and also asked me to sign for my 2 sons as well.
CO: Please place your hands on the finger print machine, starting with the primary applicant and later with my wife.
The consular was now looking at my new born baby and he asked me how old is she and I told him is he and not she, he then asked me how old is he and I said 3weeks old, he smile and called his other friend to come see and he was showing his friend my baby’s international passport photo pages and the consular was smiling.

CO: What’s your date of birth?
CO: Where do you work?
CO: You work as what in your work place?
CO: I see you have a degree, what did you study?
CO: what is difference between electrical and electronic ?
CO: who is a Technician?
CO: what is the difference between D.C and A.C?
CO: Where did you do your NYSC?

CO: when did you got married ?
CO: How did you meet you wife
CO: Did you do a traditional wedding?

CO: Do you have Pictures?
Me: I showed him 2 albums containing our pictures (1 for our relationship spanning yrs & the other for our wedding [registry])

CO: Who are those in the pictures?
Me & Wife: we told him.
To my wife.
CO: where did you give birth to your first child and to also to the second child?
CO: Which church?
CO: Who deliver the baby in your church ?
CO: Hope there was no complications and the prophetess in your has been doing this before?

CO: Out of your 2 baby which one gave you more time before you delivered him
Wife: she told him.
CO: He asked us to go and seat with the baby just for about a minute and later called us and gave us a Blue Sheet.

CO: CONGRATULATIONS, I found you both as a true family and he said to me that my educational qualification also qualifies me for the visa .Your husband should come next week for your visas but I will prefer your husband and you stay at home with the baby so that you don’t stress the baby..
Please don’t make any travel plans or resign your job until you have your visas.

-----------------------------------------
N:B. All answers regarding me & my spouse were correct & accurate.
This is just a PURE miracle from GOD. it is indeed the greatest of favors.

Trust in God, he's the doer of all things.

sunnyaje
CASE NUMBER: 2009AF00013XXX.
07TH MAY 2008:NL Letter Received.
20TH MAY 2008:Mailed Back Form to KCC.
20th JUNE 2008:KCC Confirm Delivery of Forms.
2ND JULY 2009 :INTERVIEW SCHEDULED.
27TH MAY 2009:police Certificate.
28TH MAY 2009:Medicals started(myself & wife,son)
3RD JUNE 2009: 2nd NL RECIEVED From KCC.
12TH JUNE 2009:Wife gave birth a new born baby.
15TH JUNE 2009:Medicals Completed.
24TH JUNE 2009:AOS docs from US.
1ST JULY 2009:Medicals started and completed for New Born baby.
2ND JULY 2009: SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW.

I magnify the name of the lord in your life for the great thing He has done in your family, enjoy may God continue to favour you.