• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

My own 2nd Letter Not Yet Received

Hi,
Please, am new to this forum and i will like you to correct me if i made any mistake. The main purpose of my posting here is because of my 2nd Letter,my case no. which is 2009AF00013XXX is current for this month of July and have not gotten any letter for the interview.

And they said we should be expecting our second letter 4/6 weeks before interview date as soon as our case no. is current but i wonder why have not gotten mine.

I went to the embassy in Lagos yesterday and i was asked to contact this address;-[lagosiv at state.gov] and i was also told to contact kcc which i have done but i have not received any reply from them.

Please i don't know if you know someone whose case no. is close to mine and if the person has gotten it's own 2nd letter or not. Or if there is something i still need to know.

I am really happy to get this type of forum because i know i will definetly get some help...

Thanks, I will be expecting your reply soon. Please any mistake kindly let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going by the information on the DV2009 VISA bulletin it would be very difficult to tell if 2010AF16XXX from Nigeria stand any chance of being invited for interview before the 2010 September deadline.

Could anyone kindly assist me with the information is there anybody he knows from Nigeria who has made it to the U.S. via DV with XXXXAF16XXX and above? I mean from Nigeria and not any other country in Africa. I got confused after going through the information on DV2009 VISA VISA bulletin.

because of lack of means , I decided to go to the interview alone . I'm maried , and i added my spouse in all documents sent to KCC , but now we can't do all required things because of expensive costs . I prefer to go to the interview alone with all needed documents .
my question is : since I declare I'm married , will they accept me ,if they don't see my wife with me ???

we don't have enough financial means for 2 persons , that's why I decided to go to the interview alone as the Principal Applicant .

Hey Challenger 2009 your wife definately has to attend the interview with you. KCC requirements clearly stipulates that. If you've got kids, they would have to be present during the interview as well. The fact that financial constraints make it difficult to have your wife physically present during the interview wouldn't be considered an acceptable excuse. She's got to be there with you. There are no two ways about it. I'd like to implore you to endeavor to leave no stone unturned in your quest to raise the funds required. That is if you're truly keen on seeking greener pastures in the States by virtue of the DV program. Once you & your wife have been issued diversity immigrant visas, she doesn't have to travel to the U.S. immediately with you. She can join you later, but within the specified 6-month period.
I wish you the very best & may the Lord be with you.

I have been surfing the net in search of possible jobs one could do in the states and their remuneration.Some were graded $45k-$55k and $60k.Please what does 60k in dollars stand for? Is it $60, or $600 or $6000 as we refer #5000 in nigeria as 5k? I will appreciate quick response thanks.

Hi, I just want to know if anybody with case no. around 2009AF00013XXX has gotten it's own 2nd letter. Please your response is urgently needed.

Thanks,
Cheers bye.

I have been surfing the net in search of possible jobs one could do in the states and their remuneration.Some were graded $45k-$55k and $60k.Please what does 60k in dollars stand for? Is it $60, or $600 or $6000 as we refer #5000 in nigeria as 5k? I will appreciate quick response thanks.

The abbreviation 'k' refers to a thousand just like in Nigeria & most countries when it comes to money. When one is talking about drugs it's used to refer to 'kilograms'. From your post above, it's very obvious that you're referring to money, in this case remunerations for services rendered. $45k-$55k & $60k are all an alternative way of saying/writting $45,000-$55,000 & $60,000. Your hunch was right.

Hi,
Please, am new to this forum and i will like you to correct me if i made any mistake. The main purpose of my posting here is because of my 2nd Letter,my case no. which is 2009AF00013XXX is current for this month of July and have not gotten any letter for the interview.

And they said we should be expecting our second letter 4/6 weeks before interview date as soon as our case no. is current but i wonder why have not gotten mine.

I went to the embassy in Lagos yesterday and i was asked to contact this address;-[lagosiv at state.gov] and i was also told to contact kcc which i have done but i have not received any reply from them.

Please i don't know if you know someone whose case no. is close to mine and if the person has gotten it's own 2nd letter or not. Or if there is something i still need to know.

I am really happy to get this type of forum because i know i will definetly get some help...

Thanks, I will be expecting your reply soon. Please any mistake kindly let me know.

Pls email KCC and they will/should reply you maximum of 3 days, you can also call them to know the exact date of your interview, also proceed to the Kamoras medical centre for your medicals, my brother your interview is this month, you should be rehearsing by now, pls go & get all your documents together.
For the police report you dont need ur 2nd letter , u might only need it at the clinic, but explain to them.
If u dont get ur 2nd letter b4 ur interview, just print out the email reply KCC will send to you, that will do.

I wish u all the best.

pls, did i need my international passport during my medical?
can i call d clinic and book appointment for monday now? i hope 2 travel down 2 lagos during d weekend.

because of lack of means , I decided to go to the interview alone . I'm maried , and i added my spouse in all documents sent to KCC , but now we can't do all required things because of expensive costs . I prefer to go to the interview alone with all needed documents .
my question is : since I declare I'm married , will they accept me ,if they don't see my wife with me ???

u can't go 4 d interview without ur wife, cos if u do, they will reject or disqualify u. when u know all this b4 u shuld have been looking 4 money.
pls just email the lagos embassy to reschedule ur interveiw and tell them d reason why u want to do that.
i hope this help. gud luck.

My own 2nd Letter Not Yet Received

Pls email KCC and they will/should reply you maximum of 3 days, you can also call them to know the exact date of your interview, also proceed to the Kamoras medical centre for your medicals, my brother your interview is this month, you should be rehearsing by now, pls go & get all your documents together.
For the police report you dont need ur 2nd letter , u might only need it at the clinic, but explain to them.
If u dont get ur 2nd letter b4 ur interview, just print out the email reply KCC will send to you, that will do.

I wish u all the best.

Hi livewire007 ,
I am very gratefull for your reply, this will realy help me and i will do exactly as you said my brother. Actually, I have posted KCC 3 days ago . I just got a message from the m this morning asking me to include my date of birth and also my complete case number. I think i have to do that now and i will also try to call them.
Thanks very much for your usefull reply and God bless you too.

Cheers bye.

pls, did i need my international passport during my medical?
can i call d clinic and book appointment for monday now? i hope 2 travel down 2 lagos during d weekend.[/QUOTE

Hey Bammie, you're gonna need your international passport, two passport pictures, your 2nd NL and N16,500 [Naira] for your medicals at Kamorass. You don't have to book any appointments. All you've got to do is go down to Lagos asap to get your medicals started. You'll require 2 sessions to have the medicals completed. The N16,500 [in cash] would have to be paid in two installments : N10,000 during the first session & the balance N6,500 during the second session which would be held about 1-2 weeks later.
If you have a family, do not forget to have them accompany you to Kamorass for the medicals.

Good luck & I wish you Godspeed.

Hello all,
Please I need your help urgently, I need to call the KCC through this no. 606-526-7500 but i do not know how to dial the no. I mean what to as prefix or area code. I tried dialling 00916065267500, all what i could heard for is a voice speaking for like 5 seconds and the phone cut.
Please I will be expecting your reply soon.
Thanks.

u can't go 4 d interview without ur wife, cos if u do, they will reject or disqualify u. when u know all this b4 u shuld have been looking 4 money.
pls just email the lagos embassy to reschedule ur interveiw and tell them d reason why u want to do that.
i hope this help. gud luck.

thank you

thank you

Special case : Spouse does not want to immigrate.

If you are the winner ( principal applicant ), and your spouse does not want to move to the US, then everything’s fine.
However, if the spouse changes his/her mind later on, it's too late. The visa has to be granted by Sept 30th. It will take years for a GC holder to sponsor his/her spouse.
If your spouse is the winner, then the spouse still has to go to the interview, pay for the visa, and go to the US to activate your visa.

Still Waiting for my Interveiw

Am wishing others in the house who are yet to do their own interview that almighty God will surely do it for them . Just don't relent in your prayers.
But my questions now is i was given back the passport photos that we use in sending back our application for to kcc in a White Film by the lady who checked our documents, what are we going to do with the Photos. Can anyone in the house please explain this to me cos am still the the photos.

Hello,
Please I just need to confirm somethings from you, my own case number is around 2009AF00013XXX and I do not know my interview date by now. I have not gotten the 2nd letter, So I don't know if it is too late or not ,I tried to call kcc but i could not reach them. So i had to send a message to them concerning my interview date and 2nd letter.
I also want to know if i can go for the interview without receiving the 2nd NL provided that i have gotten my interview date.
Please i don't know why they are not sending my 2nd NL,am just praying that the date has not passed .
I will be waiting fory your reply.

Thanks.

Delivery of Forms.: I DID NOT CONFIRM THAT
WAITING FOR THE 2ND LETTER.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Just Missed My Interview Date

Hi,
I will like to thank you for your support,but i have a news which seems to be bad.I just missed my interview today, I am suppose to go for it today but i did not just because am waiting for the second letter which was supposed to be sent to me 4/6 weeks before interview date.

I just call kcc, and they told me that my interview is today but is late already. So kcc advised me to visit the embassy inorder to reschedulle the date.

I am scared now, because they may choose date which may be too long and visa may not be available again by then. I just pray that God will help me.

Please I need your reply on what to do next and what can happen next.
Thanks,