• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

take the completed form DS230 to the embassy before your interview date cos your file is already there, i am positive about that.
thanks

But this what they told me after sending a mailto the embassy.
For Diversity Visa entries, if you are inquiring about adding a family member (that was NOT a family member at the time of your Diversity Visa entry) to your DV case, it can be done on the day of your interview at the U.S. Consulate. All normal DV fees apply for this family member.

1.Firstly,on my WAEC Cert my middle name was abbreviated as "K" which mean KUNLE.So i want to confirm whether i should present it like that or i shd go 2 Waec Office to get back-up letter 4 it? Cos i used KUNLE during d online DV lottery entry and aswell forms sent back to KCC.

Answer: It doesn't matter they know we do abbreviations without any notice and not even doing it correctly.

2.Secondly,on my NCE Certificate,my middle name was written as OLAKUNLE,So,can i present it like dt so far it is not d major requerement docs?[/QUOTE]

Answer: It doesn't matter also, all you need do is get an NPC certificate stating your full name and not abbreviated and this will cover the whole thing.

Good luck.

1.Firstly,on my WAEC Cert my middle name was abbreviated as "K" which mean KUNLE.So i want to confirm whether i should present it like that or i shd go 2 Waec Office to get back-up letter 4 it? Cos i used KUNLE during d online DV lottery entry and aswell forms sent back to KCC.

Answer: It doesn't matter they know we do abbreviations without any notice and not even doing it correctly.

2.Secondly,on my NCE Certificate,my middle name was written as OLAKUNLE,So,can i present it like dt so far it is not d major requerement docs?

Answer: It doesn't matter also, all you need do is get an NPC certificate stating your full name and not abbreviated and this will cover the whole thing.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

what is d meaning of npc certificate? where can i do it? is it in lagos again or anywhere? how much pls?

Good luck.

what is d meaning of npc certificate? where can i do it? is it in lagos again or anywhere? how much pls?[/QUOTE]

It is National Population Commission certificate which ascertain your birth date and some other things. You should be able to get it at the NPC office near you if
1. You don't have an original birth certificate already
2. You have any issues with any name abbreviations or not spelt correctly.

How much it cost i don't know again but it shouldn't be more than 5,000Naira.

Enjoy

what is d meaning of npc certificate? where can i do it? is it in lagos again or anywhere? how much pls?

It is National Population Commission certificate which ascertain your birth date and some other things. You should be able to get it at the NPC office near you if
1. You don't have an original birth certificate already
2. You have any issues with any name abbreviations or not spelt correctly.

How much it cost i don't know again but it shouldn't be more than 5,000Naira.

Enjoy[/QUOTE]

thanks, i have d original birth cert. issued 2my parent d second or next day i was born.
the names are not abbrev. but my english name is not on it but it is on all my other cert.
4real4u, pls i email kcc about them sending d 2nd letter via my email but d response i get frm them was dat they have send it since 16th june. but i haven't seen it. what shld i do? pls cos i only have d whole mth of july 2 do all that preparatn and my sch is there...

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, i have d original birth cert. issued 2my parent d second or next day i was born.
the names are not abbrev. but my english name is not on it but it is on all my other cert.
4real4u, pls i email kcc about them sending d 2nd letter via my email but d response i get frm them was dat they have send it since 16th june. but i haven't seen it. what shld i do? pls cos i only have d whole mth of july 2 do all that preparatn and my sch is there...[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I think you should exercise some patience 'cos most times you don't get the letter until one month after it left KCC. So just wait till 2nd week in July and then email them for a copy via email if you don get it by then. They gave you that response bcos they knew they just sent it.

I think the only thing you need it for now is the medical examination and i think if they see that you have a little time left they can do it quickly for you. So be patient and good luck.

Please Help Me Out !!!

I need advice from those that have gone for their interview already,
My WAEC Certificate is not yet ready from waec office for correction of mistake.I want to confirm whether online waec computer print-out is acceptable by the embassy for interview?

Secondly,did applicant need to stamp or attested his/her waec certificate or online waec computer print-out as true of the original by a Notary Public (i.e.by Lawyer) and as well whether confirmation of result from waec is neccessary,for someone that will go with online waec computer print-out?
Thanks Await your response............

i greet every member of this forum for the good job you are doing. this is my story and i want as many response as possible:my brother won 2009 visa lottery and because of any assistance that he might needs,he when to jonathan king a popular travel agent in ibadan.before the man could attend to him ,he collected 10k as consultancy fee and another 6.5k to send the filled forms to kcc which he actually did and we confirm it.
come this august his number is current and he went to this agent as per the promised he made concerning sponsor but was surprised when this agent said that he does not need any affidavit of support because he applied as a single person that its only married person that this applied to.he said all he needs is where to reside in america.
i am somehow confused.should he follow what the man said base on his experience and go for the interview without any aos or try to get one which we dont have.
every member of this forum has become one family.please we need help as per sponsor and place to reside in america.

gbengeoosa,
Sorry, I'm responding late but it be usefull.
Yes, single applicant may not need the AOS, however, you still need to get one.
In my case I had the AOS from my sponsor; took it for the interview- it was not demanded of me; I was asked my relationship with the sponsor.
AFTER THE INTERVIEW MY SPONSOR CALLED FROM US THAT US OFFICIAL CALLED HIM ON THE DAY OF MY INTERVIEW.
So see if your agent filled anything in DSP 230 Questions 10 and 11; if he/she did, what was filled.
Good luck pls.

I need advice from those that have gone for their interview already,
My WAEC Certificate is not yet ready from waec office for correction of mistake.I want to confirm whether online waec computer print-out is acceptable by the embassy for interview?

Secondly,did applicant need to stamp or attested his/her waec certificate or online waec computer print-out as true of the original by a Notary Public (i.e.by Lawyer) and as well whether confirmation of result from waec is neccessary,for someone that will go with online waec computer print-out?
Thanks Await your response............

Nucleus,

If you are going with you go with an online print out, just buy a WAEC scratch card along with it, cos they will verify it instantly from the internet, you dont need to stamp any stuff.

Ps
What was the mistake on your waec cert.?

Original birth certificate or Not you need to go and make NPC birth certifcate as that is safer for you and the best option & make sure you use exactly the same name you won the lottery with (1st, middle & last names most coresspond with that on NPC or else ...???)

4real4u, pls i email kcc about them sending d 2nd letter via my email but d response i get frm them was dat they have send it since 16th june. but i haven't seen it. what shld i do? pls cos i only have d whole mth of july 2 do all that preparatn and my sch is there...

You dont have to wait for KCC to send your 2nd letter before you start your medicals & police report, once they can send you a mail that a date has been fixed for your interview, PRINT it out and take it to Kamorass for your Medicals, also go to Alagbon for your police report, infact if you dont get it before interview date, you can still use the mail print out to get into the embassy, no shakings at all, the best mail you got was the 1st notification letter.

all d best.

Plz I need to find out whether police report and police character certificate are the same thing.Just want to be sure I did the right document.

Greetings to every one in the house. Thanks for the good job you are doing. God will take us all to the place of our destiny.

To all our brothers and sisters that have gotten theirs and travelled, thans for still keeping in touch, to 4real4u, you are wonderful!

For those of us current in the month of July, we shall laugh at last.

Please i want to ask the ff questions:

1) How many days or weeks does it take for medicals to be through in kamorass?
2) how is the payment made on the day of interview, is it in naira or dollars?
3) How many people interviews on that day? i mean how many consular officers interviews you?

Thanks and god bless.

Original birth certificate or Not you need to go and make NPC birth certifcate as that is safer for you and the best option & make sure you use exactly the same name you won the lottery with (1st, middle & last names most coresspond with that on NPC or else ...???)

We only took our "original birth certificate" for our interview and not the NPC certificate, its really up to you!

We only took our "original birth certificate" for our interview and not the NPC certificate, its really up to you!

I also used my original birth certificate for the interview.

Greetings to every one in the house. Thanks for the good job you are doing. God will take us all to the place of our destiny.

To all our brothers and sisters that have gotten theirs and travelled, thans for still keeping in touch, to 4real4u, you are wonderful!

For those of us current in the month of July, we shall laugh at last.

Please i want to ask the ff questions:

2) how is the payment made on the day of interview, is it in naira or dollars?
3) How many people interviews on that day? i mean how many consular officers interviews you?

Thanks and god bless.

Hi,

Answer: It depends on location. In the UK you'll spend one day but i think in Nigeria it takes 2days spaced over 1-2weeks which also depends on how sooner your interview is to when you go to Kamorass for the medicals.

2) How is the payment made on the day of interview, is it in naira or dollars?

Answer: I think you can use any of the two ways. .

Answer: One i suppose but you'll give your documents/payments to somebody at another window. I don't think you should worry about this just get yourself prepared.

Good luck.

Thanks

Nucleus,

If you are going with you go with an online print out, just buy a WAEC scratch card along with it, cos they will verify it instantly from the internet, you dont need to stamp any stuff.

Ps
What was the mistake on your waec cert.?

Thanks livewire007,
The mistake is incorrect Date of Birth,although Date of Birth did not appear on online waec print-out.So i think i'm safe i'll go with online waec print-out plus WAEC scratch card,i just return it for correction incase of any future application.

Thank you very much for your reply.......

Last edited by a moderator: