• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

first and foremost my thanks and praises goes to GOD ALMIGHTY for all His goodness and mercies over me! And to my brothers and sisters on this honorable house. Today is my day of glory and He has done for me too! My advise to married couples is to be well prepared and be consistent this will help alot. I spent about 20 minutes with CO. details later as I'm on my cellphone browsing the web! 4Real4u u deserve 3 gbosa !

!

my gud friend, congratulation 2 u and ur family. atlast u made it. thank God 4 gud success. pls keep putting d rest people in ur prayer.
we are waiting 4ur experience but u spent too much time with d CO. what happen. congratulation again.

Hey guys. I got notification letter mid April 2010 and sent the form back to KCC on 4th May. May case number 2010AF00052xx, how soon is it likely i get the second package and when is the interview going to be.
thanks.

Hello honorable members of the house, I need your input on this issue. My boy has just collected his official WAEC certificate, but unfortunately there's an error regarding his year of birth as depicted in the certificate by WAEC. When he enrolled for the examinations he filled out his correct D.O.B, but due to gross incompetence & negligence on the part of WAEC officials an error was made. I suggested he should go down to the U.S Embassy/Consulate with a Statement of Result & a scratch card, in lieu of the official WAEC certificate, as proof of his educational qualification. He has 9 credits/distinctions in one sitting. What do you guys suggest he should do ?
Should he try to have the error in the WAEC certificate rectified by WAEC officials or would a Statement of Result & a scratch card suffice ?
I'd very much appreciate it if you guys can come up with some advice asap due to the fact that my boy's interview is just around the corner. 4real4u & Tolu, pls I'm counting on you guys. Thanks for your help so far.

Hey guys. I got notification letter mid April 2010 and sent the form back to KCC on 4th May. May case number 2010AF00052xx, how soon is it likely i get the second package and when is the interview going to be.
thanks.

your case number is low.Try and and check the archive bulletin to know when you may likely be current may be Jan,Feb.And please if you are a nigerian try and make your contributions in 2010 thread by livewire so that we can keep that thread alive because 2009 will soon phase out.

TO All Members

I have won the lottery. I have been given the visa. But I am single. How I am going to do if I am married. How long will my wife joined me.

I have won the lottery. I have been given the visa. But I am single. How I am going to do if I am married. How long will my wife joined me.

After 5 years. Even then, you need to apply for citizenship by passing the required test.

thanks.

kongratulatn, ur case number is quite low so be expecting ur interview btw nov and dec. 09, but have u confirm if kccdv have received ur form? email them to confirm

2010 folks see as a guide!

thanks.

Though September 2009 CN is not out yet this should hit us by 14th July.

Soo enjoy the data hereunder...

Hey guys, I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. I'm eagerly awaiting your input on this issue. My request for advice was made on post #1343.
4real4u and Tolu, where you guys at ? Pls have a look at my question and let me know what you make of it. Waiting & hoping to hear from y'all soon.

Hey guys, I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. I'm eagerly awaiting your input on this issue. My request for advice was made on post #1343.
4real4u and Tolu, where you guys at ? Pls have a look at my question and let me know what you make of it. Waiting & hoping to hear from y'all soon.

Open a new thread, I think that way you will get some forumers to answer you. You can also try the Nigerian thread.

Hello honorable members of the house, I need your input on this issue. My boy has just collected his official WAEC certificate, but unfortunately there's an error regarding his year of birth as depicted in the certificate by WAEC. When he enrolled for the examinations he filled out his correct D.O.B, but due to gross incompetence & negligence on the part of WAEC officials an error was made. I suggested he should go down to the U.S Embassy/Consulate with a Statement of Result & a scratch card, in lieu of the official WAEC certificate, as proof of his educational qualification. He has 9 credits/distinctions in one sitting. What do you guys suggest he should do ?
Should he try to have the error in the WAEC certificate rectified by WAEC officials or would a Statement of Result & a scratch card suffice ?
I'd very much appreciate it if you guys can come up with some advice asap due to the fact that my boy's interview is just around the corner. 4real4u & Tolu, pls I'm counting on you guys. Thanks for your help so far.

RichieD!
I think a original statement of result from WAEC and a scratch card would be fine. However, logon online with the scratch card to see what they have on the data base there.
WAEC might not resolve this issue on time to meet your sons upcoming interview-To get my certificate from them i went to ogba office twicw RED TAPE.

why is dat waec keeping make d mistake wit spelling of names. if they will keep making mistake in entering d student database. they should allow d student 2 b entering their data on d net by themself like d jamb own.

Hi,

Sorry for replying late i travelled and i didn't have access to the internet on the road.

Anyways, since he has a proper statement of result with his name correctly written on it i will advice he goes there with it and with scratch card for online verification. But b4 going to the embassy make sure you verify they have the correct name on the internet. Another thing you can try but which i won't support 100% is asking him to get to WAEC to let them know about the issue and if they can give him a letter in a sealed envelope to back the error up and also let the embassy know he has a statement of result and they're working on it. This might take a while to do but it can also solve the problem and can kick start getting another certificate 'cos your son will definitely need a new one.

Overall, i think the first idea will solve the problem without any issues on the interview day.

Once again sorry for replying late.

Good luck

I want to know from the house if i have to send the DS230 form for my new baby by email to kcc or DHL or should just fill it and take it along on the interview day because my interview is very close first week of july.

take the completed form DS230 to the embassy before your interview date cos your file is already there, i am positive about that.
thanks

Thanks a million 4real4u. I'm very grateful for your input. My son's got an official statement of result from the school where he sat for his WASSCE/WAEC exams, as well as a scratch card. Moreover, the WAEC result posted online doesn't display a DOB, it only shows his names [correctly spelled], exam #, the name of the school where he wrote the exams and his grades in the various subjects he put in for. Based on this I don't expect an online verification of the result to raise any unpleasant issues.
As long as the embassy/consulate would be satisfied with the statement of result [with a scratch card] as proof of his educational qualification, everything should go like clockwork during the interview. At least that's what I'm praying & hoping for.
So once again, thanks 4real4u & Tolu. Kudos to y'all.

Hi

Hello 4REAL4U,all other members of the house,kindly help me to iron this issue out.
I've little problem on my educational documents that i'll tender during interview.Here are the problem lists below:

1.Firstly,on my WAEC Cert my middle name was abbreviated as "K" which mean KUNLE.So i want to confirm whether i should present it like that or i shd go 2 Waec Office to get back-up letter 4 it? Cos i used KUNLE during d online DV lottery entry and aswell forms sent back to KCC.

2.Secondly,on my NCE Certificate,my middle name was written as OLAKUNLE,So,can i present it like dt so far it is not d major requerement docs?

But this what they told me after sending a mailto the embassy.
For Diversity Visa entries, if you are inquiring about adding a family member (that was NOT a family member at the time of your Diversity Visa entry) to your DV case, it can be done on the day of your interview at the U.S. Consulate. All normal DV fees apply for this family member.

take the completed form DS230 to the embassy before your interview date cos your file is already there, i am positive about that.
thanks

But this what they told me after sending a mailto the embassy.
For Diversity Visa entries, if you are inquiring about adding a family member (that was NOT a family member at the time of your Diversity Visa entry) to your DV case, it can be done on the day of your interview at the U.S. Consulate. All normal DV fees apply for this family member.