• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

This forum rocks!! I have an F1 visa but been out of status 5 yrs but was still going on with my studies and graduated May 2009. My I 94 does not have a return date, but has Duration of Stay (DS). My lawyer told me I should do CP and they could still offer me a visa if am invited for an interview since technically DS means that I was not offered a return date per se. I was further advised that as long as I never got any letter to depart the US am ok. Unlawful Presence only occurs by an F1 if they get a deportation letter. For me to just have an inkling of confidence with my lawyer's advise, I just need to hear of just one case where this was succesful. My # is AF20100014xxx. Any advise out there? Any examples.

information about additional baby to family

Hello everyone in the house , My wife just gave birth and am the principal applicant, I want to know if i should send a notification email to both KCC and American embassy in Lagos telling them about the additional baby. But my appoint is first week on July and the naming of the baby is going to be on the 19th of june,2009. which after the name i will scan and send his birth cerificate. I want to know also if i have to send is DS230 Form to kcc by DHL or i should take it along to the embassy on the day of my interview.
Hope to hear from the house.

Hello everyone in the house , My wife just gave birth and am the principal applicant, I want to know if i should send a notification email to both KCC and American embassy in Lagos telling them about the additional baby. But my appoint is first week on July and the naming of the baby is going to be on the 19th of june,2009. which after the name i will scan and send his birth cerificate. I want to know also if i have to send is DS230 Form to kcc by DHL or i should take it along to the embassy on the day of my interview.
Hope to hear from the house.

Congrats my brother. I'll suggest you scan those docs to KCC via email with some other evidence and also go to the embassy with the baby's passport, birth cert., other naming photographs and copy of the email you sent to KCC.

I am very sure you will be fine.

Good luck.

hi 4real4u ,thanks a lot man for replying. do kcc reply our mail or call? I ve send through express air mail and they must reached to usa by now.

KCC reply emails sent 2 them but they don't call u.
just send an email to KCCDv@state.gov
that u want to confirm if they saw ur form but mind u, u must state ur name, case number and ur date of birth in every email u sent to them and it may take them 2 - 3 working days b4 replying u. hope it help

Dear Toluwase,
Pls i need you to clarify the issue about AOS(I-134).
1. Where you asked to produce it?
2. Did you submit separately for each of your family(Wife n baby) members?
3. About how much did your sponsor fill in the form? I know this is confidential pls just give me a range?
4. Apart from the form, did you go with statements of account from your sponsor?

Pls i want to know in order to get a similarity from my sponsor too.
Thanks a lot.

Wekere!

Dear Toluwase,
Pls i need you to clarify the issue about AOS(I-134).
1. Where you asked to produce it?
2. Did you submit separately for each of your family(Wife n baby) members?
3. About how much did your sponsor fill in the form? I know this is confidential pls just give me a range?
4. Apart from the form, did you go with statements of account from your sponsor?

Pls i want to know in order to get a similarity from my sponsor too.
Thanks a lot.

Response:
1.The stardard is if you have a family you need to have this document.I think ist just to prove to the consular that you will not bw a public charge most especially as a family is involved. My advise is you get this handy if you have a family its better to be over prepared.
2.I submitted for each person though the principal applicant must have all the required docs. my wife 's educational certificate were not required while my kids just needed medicals.birth cert and immunization docs same foe me and my wife.
3. He attached his copies of his Tax return papers and the value of his property. As per amount the only figure I remember is the value of the house $170k. while the Tax return is a text book on its own so i didnt bother to read it- (see the guidance on how to fill the I134 form it would give you details of what is needed)
4 yes i went with it and valuation of my stocks etc- Though the lady didn't collect it however like i said above i had all this ready should the consular ask for it.

Bye and Gods favor

Response:
1.The stardard is if you have a family you need to have this document.I think ist just to prove to the consular that you will not bw a public charge most especially as a family is involved. My advise is you get this handy if you have a family its better to be over prepared.
2.I submitted for each person though the principal applicant must have all the required docs. my wife 's educational certificate were not required while my kids just needed medicals.birth cert and immunization docs same foe me and my wife.
3. He attached his copies of his Tax return papers and the value of his property. As per amount the only figure I remember is the value of the house $170k. while the Tax return is a text book on its own so i didnt bother to read it- (see the guidance on how to fill the I134 form it would give you details of what is needed)
4 yes i went with it and valuation of my stocks etc- Though the lady didn't collect it however like i said above i had all this ready should the consular ask for it.

Bye and Gods favor

Tolu,
Plz, for a single individual,would all that be necessary? Please what would you advice?

wuz up everybody,
Have you heard about the bill sponsored to eliminate or replace the DV lottery program with a program that issues visas to aliens with an advanced degree?
here is the link:
govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=s110-2868
govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-2305

wuz up everybody,
Have you heard about the bill sponsored to eliminate or replace the DV lottery program with a program that issues visas to aliens with an advanced degree?
here is the link:
govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=s110-2868
govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-2305

Old news!

Old news!

My pady your doing very well I like that, keep it up and you will go places. 2010 is your year.

CN:#2009AF00014XXX
NL recieved 18th April
Letter posted to KCC 5th May
sent mail to KCC in July 10
KCC comfirmed reciept of form July 11
Current in December
Police Cert completed
KCC confirm interview for 19/12/08
2ND LETTER RECIEVED 14/11/08
Interview reschedulled to 23/2/09
successful fisrt interview 23/2/09
medicals completed
second interview 16/04/09
Sucessful second interview 16/04/2009
visa pick up 24/04/2009
Picked up visas for the Two 24/04/09
POE JFK 25/05/09
SSN Applied 27/05/09
First SSN recieved 06/06/09
State ID recieved 08/06/09
Wife's SSN recieved 12/06/09
Wife's Welcome letter 12/06/09
Prov. 21:31 Horses are made ready for battle but vitory is in the hands of God
Edit/Delete Message

4real4u, thanks. but which document again? i've all doc and cert. intact. but am yet to do d medical and police cos am waiting for second letter. did i have 2 go with d form230 photocopy to d interview?

Response:

Bye and Gods favor
Toluwalase,
Thanks a lot for you quick response, i do really appreciate. keep praying for all of us, so we can succed too as ours is by the corner.

Dear Friends,
Finally i am relieved. I called KCC n they confirmed my interview date for 17 August. Truly the prayer is working. All those current for August i will advice all to call KCC cos they have started scheduling for interview.

Dear Friends,
Finally i am relieved. I called KCC n they confirmed my interview date for 17 August. Truly the prayer is working. All those current for August i will advice all to call KCC cos they have started scheduling for interview.

THANK U GOD and to everybody on this thread. my date have been fixed and it is 4th august. 2 weeks before i start my examination. thank u GOD AGAIN AND AGAIN. thanks 2 4real4u, livewire and wekere.

THANK U GOD and to everybody on this thread. my date have been fixed and it is 4th august. 2 weeks before i start my examination. thank u GOD AGAIN AND AGAIN. thanks 2 4real4u, livewire and wekere.

Congrats man. Good to know you have your date already. I didn't mean any other docs i meant your normal interview docs.

Good luck.

Dear Friends,

Congrats.

Congrats my brother. I'll suggest you scan those docs to KCC via email with some other evidence and also go to the embassy with the baby's passport, birth cert., other naming photographs and copy of the email you sent to KCC.

I am very sure you will be fine.

Good luck.

Thanks very much for your reply. I want to know if i have to send the DS230 form by email to kcc or I should just fill another and take it along on the interview day.

Hi Guys, I'm very happy to inform the honorable members of the house that my son's interview has been scheduled for August 24. Got the good news today when I put a call through to KCC. I'm very grateful to y'all for the invaluable input that's made on this forum. Lots of Kudos to y'all folks. My profound gratitude goes to our Almighty Father in heaven.
I've got a question though. Besides the $775 which has to be paid either in Naira or US Dollars at the embassy/consulate, would one be required to pay a visa issuance fee as well ?
I sincerely hope & pray my son eventually secures an immigrant visa.

I serve a God who never fails. To Him be the glory.