• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

i am confused.....................

i greet every member of this forum for the good job you are doing. this is my story and i want as many response as possible:my brother won 2009 visa lottery and because of any assistance that he might needs,he when to jonathan king a popular travel agent in ibadan.before the man could attend to him ,he collected 10k as consultancy fee and another 6.5k to send the filled forms to kcc which he actually did and we confirm it.
come this august his number is current and he went to this agent as per the promised he made concerning sponsor but was surprised when this agent said that he does not need any affidavit of support because he applied as a single person that its only married person that this applied to.he said all he needs is where to reside in america.
i am somehow confused.should he follow what the man said base on his experience and go for the interview without any aos or try to get one which we dont have.
every member of this forum has become one family.please we need help as per sponsor and place to reside in america.

RichieD!

Hi Guys, I'm very happy to inform the honorable members of the house that my son's interview has been scheduled for August 24. Got the good news today when I put a call through to KCC. I'm very grateful to y'all for the invaluable input that's made on this forum. Lots of Kudos to y'all folks. My profound gratitude goes to our Almighty Father in heaven.
I've got a question though. Besides the $775 which has to be paid either in Naira or US Dollars at the embassy/consulate, would one be required to pay a visa issuance fee as well ?
I sincerely hope & pray my son eventually secures an immigrant visa.

I serve a God who never fails. To Him be the glory.

You need to pay just the $775 only for the visa . However,if your son has not done medicals I will advise he starts now 'cos it takes time and cost about N16,500. Also, i guess he is over 16yrs so he needs police report as well.

i greet every member of this forum for the good job you are doing. this is my story and i want as many response as possible:my brother won 2009 visa lottery and because of any assistance that he might needs,he when to jonathan king a popular travel agent in ibadan.before the man could attend to him ,he collected 10k as consultancy fee and another 6.5k to send the filled forms to kcc which he actually did and we confirm it.
come this august his number is current and he went to this agent as per the promised he made concerning sponsor but was surprised when this agent said that he does not need any affidavit of support because he applied as a single person that its only married person that this applied to.he said all he needs is where to reside in america.
i am somehow confused.should he follow what the man said base on his experience and go for the interview without any aos or try to get one which we dont have.
every member of this forum has become one family.please we need help as per sponsor and place to reside in america.

1.I will advise you not to worry too much about the sponsor issue but focus on how to get where he can reside. He does not really need a sponsor since he is a single person but he needs where he will lay his head before getting his own place.
2.Suggestion on how to get this- If you are a christian go on the net and look for Churches in the US send the pastor an email detail the assistance you need and am sure they will be willing to help.( A tip check for Redeem churches in US)
You could also talk to people.

You need to pay just the $775 only for the visa . However,if your son has not done medicals I will advise he starts now 'cos it takes time and cost about N16,500. Also, i guess he is over 16yrs so he needs police report as well.

Thanks a million Tolu for your quick reply to my enquiry. As you rightly guessed, my boy is indeed above 16. However, he's yet to commence his medicals b/c he's still waiting for the 2nd NL. KCC informed me that the 2nd NL was mailed last week Friday, so as soon as it gets to me I'll have it forwarded to him back in Nigeria. He's now processing the Police Certificate as well as other documents. I'll try to get him to swing into action asap as per having his medicals done.
Hope you folks don't mind though, but I'm gonna keep pestering you guys for guidelines & information all the way till we're done with the entire program & have the Diversity Immigrant Visa in the kitty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to know from the house if i have to send the DS230 form for my new baby by email to kcc or DHL or should just fill it and take it along on the interview day because my interview is very close first week of july.

HI FRIENDS ,
I've done my graduation from pune .India and now I'm back in my country (Bangladesh). Now I need to get a Pcc(Police certificate) from India as I was there for more than 6 months.

But U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE website saying :
“Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) applicants applying outside India.”

Plz check the link: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/re...3582.html#docs

Does that mean that I don’t need a police certificate from India??

Please give me some feedback. Thanks.

I want to know from the house if i have to send the DS230 form for my new baby by email to kcc or DHL or should just fill it and take it along on the interview day because my interview is very close first week of july.

It better you send by email and also have it with you at the interview.

Don't bother with DHL the email option is fine.

Affidavit of support documents...

Dear All,
My wife is the principal applicant and we are current for the month of August.I will like to ask the house most especially Toluwase what are the documents that makes up AOS.i.e statement of accounts.etc..i Also want to ask if we are presenting two AOS documents as a principal applicant and spouse or just one AOS will be needed for the two of us.

Railfront!

Dear All,
My wife is the principal applicant and we are current for the month of August.I will like to ask the house most especially Toluwase what are the documents that makes up AOS.i.e statement of accounts.etc..i Also want to ask if we are presenting two AOS documents as a principal applicant and spouse or just one AOS will be needed for the two of us.

You need only one AOS

See the attached AOS form for guidance.

pls, how many days do d medical test required. i.e how many days will it take some to do and finished d medical test and how much is d current price for it?

Bammyrichie

pls, how many days do d medical test required. i.e how many days will it take some to do and finished d medical test and how much is d current price for it?

From my experience you need 2 sessions.(both sessions were 2weeks apart though if you tell them @ Kamoras that your interview is very close they could reduce number of days between both sessions)

Be prepared to spend close to 10 hours for the first session and about 3hours for second session- their is always a crowd there.

As per cost for adults N16500 while children spend less N3500-N10000 depending on number of immunization taking to date ditto for adults

best wishes.

From my experience you need 2 sessions.(both sessions were 2weeks apart though if you tell them @ Kamoras that your interview is very close they could reduce number of days between both sessions)

Be prepared to spend close to 10 hours for the first session and about 3hours for second session- their is always a crowd there.

As per cost for adults N16500 while children spend less N3500-N10000 depending on number of immunization taking to date ditto for adults

best wishes.

thanks, but does that mean that i can finished d 1st session in one day?
if kcc send d 2nd letter. it take how many days b4 u get d letter. they have sent my letter since 16th june and i haven't see it.

First and foremost my thanks and praises goes to GOD ALMIGHTY for all His goodness and mercy over me! And to my brothers and sisters on this honorable house. Today is my day of glory and He has done for me too! My advise to married couples is to be well prepared and be consistent this will help alot. I spent about 20 minutes with CO. details later as I'm on my cellphone browsing the web! 4Real4u u deserve 3 gbosa!!!

first and foremost my thanks and praises goes to GOD ALMIGHTY for all His goodness and mercies over me! And to my brothers and sisters on this honorable house. Today is my day of glory and He has done for me too! My advise to married couples is to be well prepared and be consistent this will help alot. I spent about 20 minutes with CO. details later as I'm on my cellphone browsing the web! 4Real4u u deserve 3 gbosa !

!

my gud friend, congratulation 2 u and ur family. atlast u made it. thank God 4 gud success. pls keep putting d rest people in ur prayer.
we are waiting 4ur experience but u spent too much time with d CO. what happen. congratulation again.

first and foremost my thanks and praises goes to GOD ALMIGHTY for all His goodness and mercies over me! And to my brothers and sisters on this honorable house. Today is my day of glory and He has done for me too! My advise to married couples is to be well prepared and be consistent this will help alot. I spent about 20 minutes with CO. details later as I'm on my cellphone browsing the web! 4Real4u u deserve 3 gbosa !

!

Congrats, we can't wait to read your story that lasted 20minutes. I wish all waiting to be interviewed and current good luck.

Dear All,

Hi,

See below for a more detailed AOS Docs. Meanwhile you have to have a copy each and it doesn't matter if they are photocopies then can always confirm on the spot the authenticity.

If the sponsor is self employed:

1. Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) (Required)
2. Income Tax Return from last year (Required)
3. Certificate of Naturalization or US Passport or Green Card Copy (Recommended)
4. Bank Statement (Optional)
5. Business License (Optional)
6. W2 (Optional, W2 is used to get tax return from the gov. A tax return report from the IRS should be enough because it contains the same information)

If the sponsor is employed by a company:

1. Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) (Required)
2. Employment Letter (Required). It should contain the nature of the job, salary, and the position in the company. This should be written by the company itself)
3. Income Tax Return from last years (Recommended)
4. Certificate of Naturalization or US Passport or Green Card Copy (Recommended)
5. Bank Statement (Optional)
6. W2 (Optional). W2 is used to get tax return from the gov. A tax return report from the IRS should be enough because it contains the same information)

NOTES

Required: You MUST have it with you for the interview
Recommended: It is better to bring it for the interview but it is not an official requirements.
Optional: Not necessary to bring it with you for the interview. Bring this if only you have the time and don't mind asking your sponsor or your sponsor doesn’t mind giving it to you.

The official requirements are in the I-134 form itself. It says the required supporting documents. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf
It basically give you the option to choose either one OR any combination OR all of them:
A: This is if your sponsor is either employed or self-employed or unemployed (unemployed could be someone who is already retired). Required:Bank Statement
B: This is if your sponsor is employed by someone or by a company. Required: Statement of Employer
C: This is if your sponsor is self-employed or own his/her own business. Requried:tax return
D: This is if your sponsor is either employed or self-employed or unemployed (unemployed could be someone who is already retired). Required: Bonds

Good luck.

I am asking if I travel to USA. am I allowed to enter any city of my choice. Later on I go to the State where my sponsor resides. Hence I have two relatives who resides two different State. But only one wrote for me my I-134 form. Reply soon.

I am asking if I travel to USA. am I allowed to enter any city of my choice. Later on I go to the State where my sponsor resides. Hence I have two relatives who resides two different State. But only one wrote for me my I-134 form. Reply soon.

Hi,

You can enter via any state and move anywhere later on, the only thing they'll ask you at the port of entry is where you want your green card to be posted, so you must have a correct address handy.

I hope it helps?