• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

My People,I don’t really know how to thank you all,your contributions have help souls.I am really grateful to memebers here that have offered their last breath in helping us.

My situation is similar to that of UNCLESEGE,but the only difference is that my friend knows her date of birth and also the complete form she filled during the entry period(Oct-Dec) last year.My friend had her OND in 2007 with 3credits and a pass in some subjects.Though her admission letter was conditional stating that she must get the require number of credit before the expiration of her program, and failure to provide it wont be given certificate.She finished the program and she has not collected the certificate because she has not completed her SSCE.Though her CASE NUMBER would be current by next year JUNE.So there is time to get the SSCE or GCE done.
She is writing NECO right now. And hope to get the require number of credit before DV current date.She has filled the form and submitted .She also included her OND Certficate and her 3 credits. Thought her admission letter stated that her admission is provisional and certificate would be given during the end of her program and failure to bring it wont be given a certificate.She called a top management in the school and he said the OND certificate wont be given if she brings a complete SSCE.

.She said she would be going to the embassy with her admission letter to the the embassy during the interview.Though she vow to read hard to get the require credit. Her fear is that wont the embassy say is contradictory of having OND before the complete SSCE.Will the admission letter clear the air??? She is into trading and that was what she filled as her occupation.Is there anything wrong with trading as an occupation???..

Please the honorables,I need your candid advice on this issue please.I will be glad to receive any useful information.

Thanks

Hi,
My candid opinion is that she should pray that the results of the NECO come out good. With that, she will qualify using the minimum required qualification: O' Level. I wont even bring up the issue of OND, if I am in her shoes......lol.

All the best and see her soon in States:).

Cheers !!!

Thanks very much,but she has filled in her OND and Trading as her occupation.She has submitted it already.She is really reading hard to get the remaining credit.Hope there is no problem with this OND and trading stuff cos she got her OND through weekend part time.

Thanks very much,but she has filled in her OND and Trading as her occupation.She has submitted it already.She is really reading hard to get the remaining credit.Hope there is no problem with this OND and trading stuff cos she got her OND through weekend part time.

Hi,

Just make sure she gets the WAEC others shouldn't be a problem.

Life in Cleveland, Ohio

I need to first appologise for staying silent this long. I hope my appology is accepted?

I got my SSN some days ago, so I decided to go for a Driving test, of which I did successfully. After the test, I was told to go and buy a temporary licence package. But unfurtunately, the lady that attended to me said I can proceed untill I bring my GC knowing that Gc will be nothing less that 2 to 3 months.

With this development i cant get a driver Licence. and without a driver Licence, I may not be able to get a well paying Job.

Please I want to know if anyone know anyother option I can use to get the driver Licence and the State ID having in mind that the GC number is already in our passport(on the stamped visa at the point of entry)

Thanks.

You are even lucky that you were allowed to take the test without the GC and SSN.

I doubt if you can get the licence without these 2 requirements but I stand to be corrected though as there are different rules in different states as regards State ID.

Again, I read on USCIS site that there would be delays in the issuance of GCs in starting from May ??. You may need to check out the site so as to know when to expect your GC.

Hope this helps!

I need to first appologise for staying silent this long. I hope my appology is accepted?

I got my SSN some days ago, so I decided to go for a Driving test, of which I did successfully. After the test, I was told to go and buy a temporary licence package. But unfurtunately, the lady that attended to me said I can proceed untill I bring my GC knowing that Gc will be nothing less that 2 to 3 months.

With this development i cant get a driver Licence. and without a driver Licence, I may not be able to get a well paying Job.

You are even lucky that you were allowed to take the test without the GC and SSN.

I doubt if you can get the licence without these 2 requirements but I stand to be corrected though as there are different rules in different states as regards State ID.

Again, I read on USCIS site that there would be delays in the issuance of GCs in starting from May ??. You may need to check out the site so as to know when to expect your GC.

Hope this helps!

Hello House

Hello House,
I'm very happy to join you guyz,you are really doing a job in this forum.
I've little problem on my educational documents that i'll tender during interview.Here are the problem lists below:

1.Firstly,on my WAEC Cert my middle name was abbreviated as "K" which mean KUNLE.So i want to confirm whether i should present it like that or i shd go 2 Waec Office to get back-up letter 4 it? Cos i used KUNLE during d online DV lottery entry and aswell forms sent back to KCC.

2.Secondly,on my NCE Certificate,my middle name was written as OLAKUNLE,So,can i present it like dt so far it is not d major requerement docs?

Please I want to know if anyone know anyother option I can use to get the driver Licence and the State ID having in mind that the GC number is already in our passport(on the stamped visa at the point of entry)

Thanks.

Hey man I am also in columbus Ohio. How are things? Found job yet?

CN:#2009AF00014XXX
NL recieved 18th April
Letter posted to KCC 5th May
sent mail to KCC in July 10
KCC comfirmed reciept of form July 11
Current in December
Police Cert completed
KCC confirm interview for 19/12/08
2ND LETTER RECIEVED 14/11/08
Interview reschedulled to 23/2/09
successful fisrt interview 23/2/09
medicals completed
second interview 16/04/09
Sucessful second interview 16/04/2009
visa pick up 24/04/2009
Picked up visas for the Two 24/04/09
POE JFK 25/05/09
SSN Applied 27/05/09
First SSN recieved 06/06/09
Got State ID 08/06/09
Prov. 21:31 Horses are made ready for battle but vitory is in the hands of God

Last edited by a moderator:
He has done great thing...

Toluwalase,

I pray that you will come back to this forum to testify of the divine favour of the Most High God. Amen.

Go in the power and might of the Lord. It is well with you.

Shalom.

Well like you said am back o! it was done in less than 6mins.

I will give the house details later as am exhausted now.

I slept at 12.30am and woke up at 3.30am Nigerian time. And am back at work.

But bottom line he did it. All glory to the most high king

congrats Tolu.Plz when giving your details, i beg you mention if anything like affidavit of support was required.

Hi toluwalase,
I had my interview today too. we must have been in the same room without knowing each other.
Mine was successful too.
Bro, God has really done it for us and Im sure He will do it for rest.

9jaemperor and toluwalase,

congrats, i am sure a huge weight has been lifted off ur shoulders. Pls dont forget to share your embassy experiences when u have the time. Did other people get refused when you where there? Your story would be very useful to DV2010 people

thanks

Hi everybody,
I did my interview today, it was successful with hitches here and there. so here it goes. i was called by my number...

Interviewing Officer: Hello, u r selected blah blah...
Me: hi, ok
IO: Swear blah blah...
Me: ok
IO: ur name, Ur DOB, ur highest education level, courses?
Me: answered
IO: tell me the programming languages u studied?
Me: Cobol, C++, basic
IO: C++, what kind of language is it? (shuo)
Me: high level language
IO: there is a programming language close to C++, can u tell me dat?
Me: i dont know (smiling)
IO: u have two O/L level certs, why?
Me: on d first one i had pass in english, so i have to retake the exams.
IO: why?
Me: cos nigerian institutions will not admit u with a pass in english n math.
IO: u study bus admin in which university?
Me: Unilag
IO: do u take an accounting course?
me: Yes
IO: What is a balance sheet?
Me: i dont remember, i did that course in my year 1 (smiling)
IO: i did an accounting course 10 years ago, i still remember balance sheet, i want to know if u really take those courses and im not getting anything. what others course did u do?
Me: mgt, phil, blah blah... IRP
IO: wat is IRP
Me: answ
IO: u r good in english, what is a verb n examples
Me:answ
IO: what is a pronoun
Me: uhmn uhmnn... answ
IO: ur math is high, what is 8 x 7 (imagine yeye question)
IO: what do u do?
IO: do u work freelance or in a firm?
IO: whats d relationship btw ur sponsor and u? is she aware u r coming? will u be staying with her?
IO: what will u do when u get to US?
IO: congratulations, u re blah blah...

Conclusion: no be me, na GOD O!

Note:
there are few things u need to know before u go for the interview.
Some ppl were denied visa or told to come back on another date or reschedule cos of some little reasons.

1. The payment: either u pay in the dollar or naira. combining both currency is unacceptable. u would be asked to reschedule.
2. Be bold and confident.
3. Make sure ur documents are complete.
3. u will be asked questions pertaining to the credentials u submitted, it could come from anywhere esp ur core courses. u might revise if u r olodo like me.
4. exchange rate is still N160 to a dollar. its beta u pay in naira as u pay more buying from malam.
5. do the necessary things like photocopies, arrangements, ur money etc.

But most of all pray to God, He will do it. All is well.
Thank u.

Hi everybody,
I did my interview today, it was successful with hitches here and there. so here it goes. i was called by my number...

IO: i did an accounting course 10 years ago, i still remember balance sheet, i want to know if u really take those courses and im not getting anything. what others course did u do?
IO: whats d relationship btw ur sponsor and u? is she aware u r coming? will u be staying with her?

Note:
Some ppl were denied visa or told to come back on another date or reschedule cos of some little reasons.

1. The payment: either u pay in the dollar or naira. combining both currency is unacceptable. u would be asked to reschedule.
3. u will be asked questions pertaining to the credentials u submitted, it could come from anywhere esp ur core courses. u might revise if u r olodo like me.
4. exchange rate is still N160 to a dollar. its beta u pay in naira as u pay more buying from malam.

Thank u.

9jaemperor and toluwalase,

congrats, i am sure a huge weight has been lifted off ur shoulders. Pls dont forget to share your embassy experiences when u have the time. Did other people get refused when you where there? Your story would be very useful to DV2010 people

thanks

look on the bright side, most of the dv applicant today get their visas at least b4 i left except a guy was told to come back next week with his O/L certificate. i dont know if he had the original or not. but if ur documents are complete, and u can answer the questions correctly, u got nothing to worry about.

Hi everybody,

Note:

Thank u.

congrats. Its sad that the consular officer had to ask you stupid questions like that. Who in the world knows what 8x7 is right on top of their head or wat a verb is and with an example.

look on the bright side, most of the dv applicant today get their visas at least b4 i left except a guy was told to come back next week with his O/L certificate. i dont know if he had the original or not. but if ur documents are complete, and u can answer the questions correctly, u got nothing to worry about.

a big congratulation 2 u guys and ur family. gud luck wit ur next phase of life.
pls don't 4get dis thread cos ur experience count alot 2 d incoming winner. am hpy 4u. God shall perfect our own too. AMEN