• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

a big kongratulatn 2 our brother who entered usa with his family successfully and those of us waiting and d new winners dat we be our portion in jesus name. amen.

congratulations 2 d new winners 2010.
ur ssce result is very important with minimium of 5 credit including gud grade in main subjects.

d man with d issue of not sure with d date of birth used during d online registration. what of ur confirmation of letter? dat u printed out, ur date of birth must be on it with ur name and a code dat u can use to check ur status. act now 2get d correct date but u start investing money into it.
CONGRATULATION 2 u guys again and gud luck d process.

august visa bulletin is in d next few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't get it exactly one month to your interview date email them and ask them to send it to you via email.

Good luck.

hi funmexxy,
when did u sent back d form 230 to kccdv? d time u sent back d form matter most in d processing of ur case number.
but i'll advice u to call kcc around 1pm btw mon to thur to confirm if they have send it or not and if not tell them 2 send it 2u via ur email b'cos u don't much time again.
hope dis help? gud luck

Hi,

Gbengaoosa's told you the requirements all you need do now is to see how you can work towards getting the results settled may be by registering for another exam. If you don't have WAEC which the minimum if you like have BSc i don't think it solves it 'cos you do not have the required minimum qualification.

Secondly, the date of birth is very important for you to progress and contact kcc. I'll suggest to have your way round it just send an email to kcc just to request something with one of the date of birth may be her real one 23rd or 24th, if they respond to it, it means it is the right one but if they say no info matches that, it most likely will be the second one.

Good luck with it.

thanks 4real4u you your wise contribution pls i don't have a clue on what sort of question i can ask kcc with respect to the age issue pls can you assist me with the kind of question i can mail to them.Also if we have to enroll for another waec now it will have to be nov/dec the result will probably be out by feb/mar 2010 when then will you advise i return the forms so that we can have a late interview.Finally considering we have a low CN 008XX do you think it will raise any problems submitting late?Thanks house.

Any Q.

thanks 4real4u you your wise contribution pls i don't have a clue on what sort of question i can ask kcc with respect to the age issue pls can you assist me with the kind of question i can mail to them.Also if we have to enroll for another waec now it will have to be nov/dec the result will probably be out by feb/mar 2010 when then will you advise i return the forms so that we can have a late interview.Finally considering we have a low CN 008XX do you think it will raise any problems submitting late?Thanks house.

Hi,

You can ask them any question be it on the form filling or just to find out when to submit your form. They will get back to you and from there you will be able to figure out the date of birth.

It won't raise any issue, lots of people submit late for one reason or the other. If the Nov/dec will solve it just enrol but i think they do this NECO thing now may be you should just try that, although i don't know the time of the year they do it.

Just hold on to the form for now till you figure out something as per the age and result issues.

Good luck.

Consistency matters

i am grateful for your reply 4real4u, as a matter of fact i am in the process of organising my documents,most especially WAEC & GCE results.Is it possible to combine both results meaning 5 Credits@ 2 sittings.The second issue is that i did not remmember if there was an aliases column in the EDV i filled online but in the DS form i filled in my aliases,due to the fact that i have changed my surname, although my new surname is the one i used in the EDV form, but my certificates bear my former surname,what will be your take on these? please help.

Hi,

You can combine 2 WAEC results so far you have 5credits. In this visa lottery, consistency matters and if you're not it might jeopardise your chances. As per your change of surname it doesn't matter if and only if you have documents backing it up.

Good luck.

d man with d issue of not sure with d date of birth used during d online registration. what of ur confirmation of letter? dat u printed out, ur date of birth must be on it with ur name and a code dat u can use to check ur status. act now 2get d correct date but u start investing money into it.
CONGRATULATION 2 u guys again and gud luck d process.

august visa bulletin is in d next few days.

i have the confirmation letter but there is no where in the conf. letter that has the date of birth therein.only name and code was stated in the Conf. letter.

Hi,

You can ask them any question be it on the form filling or just to find out when to submit your form. They will get back to you and from there you will be able to figure out the date of birth.

It won't raise any issue, lots of people submit late for one reason or the other. If the Nov/dec will solve it just enrol but i think they do this NECO thing now may be you should just try that, although i don't know the time of the year they do it.

Just hold on to the form for now till you figure out something as per the age and result issues.

Good luck.

4real4u, thanks for keeping it real. thumbs up my man. i'll send them a mail and see what the response is.

Also i shall make inquiry into neco and if enrollment is still on will enroll immediately.
thanks once again.

hi brothers I've finished my graduation from another country I was there for few years so do i need a police certificate from that country or the certificate only from my native place will do

And after sending back the 1st letter to kcc do they send any notification? after how many days I can expect the 2nd letter? plz answer me brothers.

CASE NO:2010 AS000002XX
1ST LETTER : MAY17
1ST LETTER SEND BCK: JUNE 01

My People,I don’t really know how to thank you all,your contributions have help souls.I am really grateful to memebers here that have offered their last breath in helping us.

My situation is similar to that of UNCLESEGE,but the only difference is that my friend knows her date of birth and also the complete form she filled during the entry period(Oct-Dec) last year.My friend had her OND in 2007 with 3credits and a pass in some subjects.Though her admission letter was conditional stating that she must get the require number of credit before the expiration of her program, and failure to provide it wont be given certificate.She finished the program and she has not collected the certificate because she has not completed her SSCE.Though her CASE NUMBER would be current by next year JUNE.So there is time to get the SSCE or GCE done.
She is writing NECO right now. And hope to get the require number of credit before DV current date.She has filled the form and submitted .She also included her OND Certficate and her 3 credits. Thought her admission letter stated that her admission is provisional and certificate would be given during the end of her program and failure to bring it wont be given a certificate.She called a top management in the school and he said the OND certificate wont be given if she brings a complete SSCE.

.She said she would be going to the embassy with her admission letter to the the embassy during the interview.Though she vow to read hard to get the require credit. Her fear is that wont the embassy say is contradictory of having OND before the complete SSCE.Will the admission letter clear the air??? She is into trading and that was what she filled as her occupation.Is there anything wrong with trading as an occupation???..

Please the honorables,I need your candid advice on this issue please.I will be glad to receive any useful information.

Thanks

hi brothers I've finished my graduation from another country I was there for few years so do i need a police certificate from that country or the certificate only from my native place will do

And after sending back the 1st letter to kcc do they send any notification? after how many days I can expect the 2nd letter? plz answer me brothers.

CASE NO:2010 AS000002XX
1ST LETTER : MAY17
1ST LETTER SEND BCK: JUNE 01

Hi,

You must get a police certificate from any country you've stayed for over 6months and you have to get your certificates as an evidence that you studied there.

The next fiscal year starts in October 09 so visa bulletine will start coming out from August09 for dv2010. So getting your 2nd NL is a matter of months.

I hope that helps?

please where are you people livewire07,4real4u.bammyrichie.I need your candid advice on this issue.I am always on to get any reply.Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks 4real4u,
How do i know its exactly a month to my interview date?
MY case num is AF2009000138xx.
Regards.

The earlier you mail kcc the better because your case is already phasing out. Of course you are under 14400 and guys are already waiting for the new visa bulletin.

Thanks 4real4u,
How do i know its exactly a month to my interview date?
MY case num is AF2009000138xx.
Regards.

Hi,

You didn't put up your case number before now, that's why it is always good to do that. Visa bulletin comes out middle of every month for you to know whether you're current or not and for the last month bulletin your case no is current. You can check on this link http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4497.html

The current no for Nigeria is case no below 14,400, so you're already current and you should send them an email right away to request for anything you've not seen.

Good luck.

My People,I don’t really know how to thank you all,your contributions have help souls.I am really grateful to memebers here that have offered their last breath in helping us.

My situation is similar to that of UNCLESEGE,but the only difference is that my friend knows her date of birth and also the complete form she filled during the entry period(Oct-Dec) last year.My friend had her OND in 2007 with 3credits and a pass in some subjects.Though her admission letter was conditional stating that she must get the require number of credit before the expiration of her program, and failure to provide it wont be given certificate.She finished the program and she has not collected the certificate because she has not completed her SSCE.Though her CASE NUMBER would be current by next year JUNE.So there is time to get the SSCE or GCE done.
She is writing NECO right now. And hope to get the require number of credit before DV current date.She has filled the form and submitted .She also included her OND Certficate and her 3 credits. Thought her admission letter stated that her admission is provisional and certificate would be given during the end of her program and failure to bring it wont be given a certificate.She called a top management in the school and he said the OND certificate wont be given if she brings a complete SSCE.

.She said she would be going to the embassy with her admission letter to the the embassy during the interview.Though she vow to read hard to get the require credit. Her fear is that wont the embassy say is contradictory of having OND before the complete SSCE.Will the admission letter clear the air??? She is into trading and that was what she filled as her occupation.Is there anything wrong with trading as an occupation???..

Please the honorables,I need your candid advice on this issue please.I will be glad to receive any useful information.

Thanks

Hi,

I think there are no cases in this, you know what to do because the requirement said 5credits so let her do everything possible to get our result in place. Her OND does not matter to them and she doesn't need to claim she does any trading if she's claiming under education. What i meant is you can either claim under education or occupation but since she wants to claim under education she does not need to fill anything that relates to occupation.

Finally, she doesn't need to worry herself, all she need do is get her WAEC sorted and the 2 things (OND cert. and visa lottery) she's pursuing will be in her hands without struggling.

I hope that helps?

just call them, that is the fastest way to know ur fate

You guys are saying he should call them up, agreed but what is he going to use to enter the embassy on the day of the interview isn't it the visa interview letter?. What if there are other problems and he needs to show evidence will he show verbal one?

Abeg, u can only call if you want to find out the exact interview date prior to them sending you the paper copy of your visa letter but in your situation try do everything black and white.

Good luck

You guys are saying he should call them up, agreed but what is he going to use to enter the embassy on the day of the interview isn't it the visa interview letter?. What if there are other problems and he needs to show evidence will he show verbal one?

Abeg, u can only call if you want to find out the exact interview date prior to them sending you the paper copy of your visa letter but in your situation try do everything black and white.

Good luck

Hello there,
I will advise you send a mail immediately and then call them so as to know the exact date and start preparing towards it. I guess you need the mail from KCC to start the medicals as well.

Since this is how it works back home, we just have to live with it and I will not blame the embassy as well.
The embassy, where I had my interview, called me as soon as they got the copies of my docs. The docs didnt even arrive by post until after one month. Hope this clears the issue.

God bless America !!!

Last edited by a moderator: