• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

thank GOD, am finally current 4 june.
congratulation 2 u. clementfemi.
anybody else within dis range? congrat, i hope 2 complete ulation after d successful interview as u prepare.
pls do i still need npc? am through wit my 3rd semester exam yestaday.
hpy gud friday and hpy easter in adv. 2 everymember of dis noble thread. 1luv

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Congratulations. I think instead of calling them just send them an email next week as a black and white confirmation for starting your medicals at Kamorass. Start getting other docs like police certificate, affidavit of support etc together in preparation for your interview.

I feared they might dash the hope of some people. Fingers crossed.

Good luck

dash d hope of some people HOW? is dat d interview will become hard, tedious or they might not reach their cn b4 d fiscal year end by 31st. sept.
pls throw more light.

Yeah

dash d hope of some people HOW? is dat d interview will become hard, tedious or they might not reach their cn b4 d fiscal year end by 31st. sept.
pls throw more light.

Hi,

I meant they won't get to some people's case number and as the end of the fiscal year approaches they tighten interviews up 'cos they will probably be having fewer visas left for lots of people. Please, if they possibly get to any of our case numbers prepare very well for the interview and don't reschedule.

I wish everybody good luck and happy easter.

thank GOD, am finally current 4 june.
congratulation 2 u. clementfemi.
anybody else within dis range? congrat, i hope 2 complete ulation after d successful interview as u prepare.
pls do i still need npc? am through wit my 3rd semester exam yestaday.
hpy gud friend and hpy easter in adv. 2 everymember of dis noble thread. 1luv
Good, l pray and hope u and everyone attending interview will get the visa but my advice to you is that you finish your final exam b4 relocating finally.

Good, l pray and hope u and everyone attending interview will get the visa but my advice to you is that you finish your final exam b4 relocating finally.

AMEN THANK U Favour1, i hope by GOD'S GRACE lastest nov. my final year result shld be in my hand and since i've six month 2 stay after collecting d visa then i believe i can make it but if not PLAN B will occur.
pls is dollar exchange rate still 160 naira.

What do i do?

Hi,

I meant they won't get to some people's case number and as the end of the fiscal year approaches they tighten interviews up 'cos they will probably be having fewer visas left for lots of people. Please, if they possibly get to any of our case numbers prepare very well for the interview and don't reschedule.

I wish everybody good luck and happy easter.

Hi guys,

I need your advice just now. Prior to winning visa lottery i had applied for Canadian Permanent residency, just exactly 2years and yesterday i got a letter asking me to bring all my docs for further processing. I don't know what to do whether to continue with the processing or not. Please, advice accordingly, i still have 4 months to get the docs to them.

Thanks guys.

I dont think you need it. As a US LPR, you dont need visa to enter into Canada, at least for now. You may not be able to meet the requirement for the residency of the 2 countries @ the same time. I had this good problem and had to withdraw that of Canada. Hope this helps !!!

Many thanks

I dont think you need it. As a US LPR, you dont need visa to enter into Canada, at least for now. You may not be able to meet the requirement for the residency of the 2 countries @ the same time. I had this good problem and had to withdraw that of Canada. Hope this helps !!!

Many thanks for the advice. I am looking at the possibilities of business setting up in both countries in the future, so i don't know whether this might just help out.

Many thanks for the advice. I am looking at the possibilities of business setting up in both countries in the future, so i don't know whether this might just help out.

Hi,
The requirement of spending 5 years in the US prior to Naturalisation will, or may not, allow you to meet up with that of Canada. Their system requires that you live in Canada at least the last 2 years, of the 5 years' immigrant visa, before you can renew the immigrant visa. To file for their citizenship, you must have lived in there for a minimum of 3 years.

This can only be done if and only if you do not plan to naturalise in the US within the next 5 years. You may as well have problem at one point or the other with the immigration while entering or leaving either of the 2 countries when they ask you to declare your immigration status. I read of this extensively on a similar blog.

With American passport, I do not think you should have problem setting up a biz in Canada in the nearest future.

You may still need to consult a professional though as I am not one but I told you what I did already: I just followed my instinct.

Hope this helps, broda.

Happy Easter and stay blessed.

Thanks

Hi,
The requirement of spending 5 years in the US prior to Naturalisation will, or may not, allow you to meet up with that of Canada. Their system requires that you live in Canada at least the last 2 years, of the 5 years' immigrant visa, before you can renew the immigrant visa. To file for their citizenship, you must have lived in there for a minimum of 3 years.

This can only be done if and only if you do not plan to naturalise in the US within the next 5 years. You may as well have problem at one point or the other with the immigration while entering or leaving either of the 2 countries when they ask you to declare your immigration status. I read of this extensively on a similar blog.

With American passport, I do not think you should have problem setting up a biz in Canada in the nearest future.

You may still need to consult a professional though as I am not one but I told you what I did already: I just followed my instinct.

Hope this helps, broda.

Happy Easter and stay blessed.

Hi,

Thanks a million, i agree with you 100%. I have read a lot about it on other immigration threads and websites. I also read about commuting resident but what i'll do is contact a lawyer and then make my decision.

Once again thanks.

Canadian LPR

Hi guys,

I need your advice just now. Prior to winning visa lottery i had applied for Canadian Permanent residency, just exactly 2years and yesterday i got a letter asking me to bring all my docs for further processing. I don't know what to do whether to continue with the processing or not. Please, advice accordingly, i still have 4 months to get the docs to them.

Thanks guys.
Just curious; which month did you submit your initial application for Canadian LPR.
My sister submitted the new / simplified application to the Canadian embassy in Accra in March of 2007 and we are still waiting for a response.
Did you submit to the Accra embassy. Their processing time is the longest in the world -- up to 85 months [7 years !!!:eek:]

Hi guys,

Thanks guys.

All have been said, i think you should just focus on getting naturalised in the USA and you would not have problem setting up your business in canada.

cheers.

Same time

Just curious; which month did you submit your initial application for Canadian LPR.
My sister submitted the new / simplified application to the Canadian embassy in Accra in March of 2007 and we are still waiting for a response.
Did you submit to the Accra embassy. Their processing time is the longest in the world -- up to 85 months [7 years !!!:eek:]

Hi,

I submitted March 2007 to the London Canadian embassy since i'm based in the UK. The timeline is 48months for the office as stated in there letter, they started my own processing in June 07 according to my online account and i got this letter 10th April 09.

Accra is one of the worst, one of my friend submitted in 2004 and he's still waiting though he's submitted his docs last year, he's not been called for interview and medicals yet not to talk of approval.

Meanwhile, another friend of mine started in accra 2004 and moved to the UK in 2005, so asked for his file to be moved to London office in 2006. In 2006 he was called to submit his docs attended interview and 2007 he got his approval and visa and since then in canada. So it's a lot faster in Europe compared to Africa. See link below for the timeline:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/01-all.asp

Overall, it is less than one year now if you apply from February08 and you are a professional.

Same here

hi house,
we have to reschedule the interview date due to some things that came up that day. the problems new is that no reschedulement at that embassy again there will ask u to go to the net and send them a mail to lagosiv.state.gov, for them to reschedule u.and it takes some time cos my former date was 23 of march 2009 since then till now they have not reschedule me. am confuced of what to dooooo? can somebody help me out.

I had a similar problem. my interview was scheduled for 30th march but... I sent the mail as they directed, but i have not heard from them since then. i guess we have to wait it out prayerfully. I intend to call them tommorow, but i have sent them a reminder already, just in case. Do keep me abreast with developments, as i most definitely will. Keep faith. Its just a delay, not denial. Cheers.

Dv 2010 is out!

I just got a call today. A package has arrived for one of the persons i applied for. Any confirmation?

I had a similar problem. my interview was scheduled for 30th march but... I sent the mail as they directed, but i have not heard from them since then. i guess we have to wait it out prayerfully. I intend to call them tommorow, but i have sent them a reminder already, just in case. Do keep me abreast with developments, as i most definitely will. Keep faith. Its just a delay, not denial. Cheers.

hi PROMIX,
i got a message from them on monday last week so i think they took like 3weeks befor replyd. but u just have to ba prepard cos only 2 weeks notice was given to me so am rescheduled to 22 of this mount u can call me if u like on 07030272499 ok so we can talk more. u will be rescheduled just be at alet.

Tanks house.
i had a successful interview on 31st March and i collected my visa 7th April. To God be the glory. i really appreciate all ur contributions and advice u gave to me during my preparations, God bless u all.

it was really a favour 4rm God and i was only asked a few questions:

my full name
where i serve
title of my project at school
av i married
where did my spouse meet me
which year.

that is all.

And i pray 4 all those awaiting 4 interview dat God will indeed prepare the ground 4 them.
thanks

Clementfemi,

Congratulations to you and your entire household.

I'm anxious of mail sent to KCC for correction of mistake on DS-230 forms !!!‏

I sent mail KCC for correction of mistakes that i made on my already sent DS-230 forms some few months ago.
So i want to confirm from those members of the house that have gone for their interview whether the correction of the mistakes can pose "any problem or negative effect" on me during my interview at the embassy for me to secure my visa.

Kindly,reply....

Hello People!!

4real4u thanks for all your contributions here.

well as advised I sent a mail to KCC see the response below:

An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American Consulate/Embassy of Lagos on June x, 2009. A notification letter was sent to you on April 14, 2009. Please direct any further questions regarding the processing of your case to this embassy.

Based on this email i got today how can I start the Medicals?

Thank you all!