• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Hello House

I need your candid advice,my wife is the primary applicant,she was the one that won,our case number would probably be current in July,we just got married last weekend.I just want to know the latest time we can update KCC about her status so that my name as her husband will be added to her beneficiary .I want my name to come with the second letter .Please do advice me on when to send it.Can KCC still update me when we have receive the second letter only for me wife???Please let me know asap.

John

John4u,

Go ahead and fill new DS-230 forms for you & your wife, make new passports with your name as her surname, take new passport photographs of the recommended size then SCAN or FAX to Kcc, they will update your records.
I got married 3 weeks to my interview, and evertin worked out for me. Trust God.

hi 4real4u and d entire noble house, i called kccdv today. they said that they have not receive my form which i have post since last year and d lady that answer said that i should send it again and my cn is current in june.
WHAT SHOULD I DO? IS THERE STILL HOPE TO BE RESCHEDULE BEFORE THE FISCAL YEAR ENDS.
am trouble pls can sum1 advice me on what to do next fastly?

Bammyrichie,

you see that was why i advised you early to CALL KCC rather than sending emails, bcos with a call you get faster & accurate response than mails.

Mails are usually AUTO RESPONDERS & ROBOT THAT JUST READS THE CONTENT OF YOUR MAIL & CHECK THE DATABASE FOR YOUR RECORDS, IT WILL THEN SEND A PRE DEFINED RESPONSE TO YOU."

But all is not too late, you will still get a schedule.

Just fill new forms and send back Via DHL to KCC.. it should arrive in 3 days,
then the next week make sure you call KCC and find out if they have your documents. God will favor you.

cheers.

Hi every one,
If my brother signs the forms instead of me, will this make any problem,and if there is something missing in info. can I fix it on the day of the interview?
Thanks,

Hi every one,
If my brother signs the forms instead of me, will this make any problem,and if there is something missing in info. can I fix it on the day of the interview?
Thanks,

Where exactly did your brother sing on, did he sign on where you as the Principal Applicant is suppose to Sign? If yes!
Did he sign your signature or his?
If he signed your signature you dont have a problem
On the contrary if he signs his, you better go and master that signature, cos ur signature should be consistent on all the forms.

as per missing information, you can fix it on the day of interview but that depends on what the info is, if you can be specific, you'll get a better answer.

cheers

Thank you so much livewire007 for answering my questions.
If I tell them or they know that my brother signed my signature, will this be a problem?
My brother forgot to mention a place I have been for six months. Can this be fixed during the interview?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks bro, d problem is dat am using an agent through which i applied. last week, he requested 4 my digital passport again and i confronted him, he z dat, they z dat my passport is missing dat he shld send another one. when i told him dat i called kcc, he z dat i shouldn't have done that, but i hope to see him 2morow morn'g by GOD'S GRACE. b'cos my family must not hear this. but one thing i know is dat EVERYTHING WORK OUT WELL 4 THOSE THAT BELIEVE. may be GOD is just trying to let everytin work out with my academy since i'll through towards d end of d year so that i can have time to collect my result and transcript of my HND PROGRAMME before going or leaving d country so as to ease me. later

hello Livewire007,

when you did yours,did your wife name came along as the beneficiary??I held that once the KCC had sent you the 2NL they have no business anymore,any related issue will be forwarded to the embassy.Does my wife needs to fill another Ds-230 form again along with my new Ds-230?Please let me know.

Thanks

thanks bro, d problem is dat am using an agent through which i applied. last week, he requested 4 my digital passport again and i confronted him, he z dat, they z dat my passport is missing dat he shld send another one. when i told him dat i called kcc, he z dat i shouldn't have done that, but i hope to see him 2morow morn'g by GOD'S GRACE. b'cos my family must not hear this. but one thing i know is dat EVERYTHING WORK OUT WELL 4 THOSE THAT BELIEVE. may be GOD is just trying to let everytin work out with my academy since i'll through towards d end of d year so that i can have time to collect my result and transcript of my HND PROGRAMME before going or leaving d country so as to ease me. later

Bammyrichie,
Are you sure this agent submitted this form at all? There is something fishing in this story. How did KCC contact him about the missing passport fotograph? I think you need to inform someone older than you to confront this guy and if possible you take over the processing yourself forthwith. Try and see if you can pay him off now and collect all your docs from him immediately.

This is my own feeling though and not binding on you !

Shalom

If I tell them or they know that my brother signed my signature, will this be a problem?

Just adopt your brothers signature and use it, you dont have to tell them about your brother signing for you, dont even mention his name.

My brother forgot to mention a place I have been for six months. Can this be fixed during the interview?

Is the place outside your country? Where you legally in that place?
If Yes, then mention it IF THEY ASK if no, forget about it.

If the place is within your country, you dont have any problem since you're within the country.

During your Interview adopt a strategy of DONT ASK DONT TELL

dont talk to much, answer only asked questions and be honest about it.

Things you need to be concerned about are:
Name on Birth Certificate (should be same name on your winning notification)
Date of Birth must be same
Place of birth must be same
WAEC result
Degree result (optional)
Medicals
Police cert

all your names, birth days should be consistent on your documents.

wish u all the best.

bammyrichie,
Well, since you have already started with the agent, its somehow late at this point to cut off from him as this might jeopardize the whole tin.
Just talk to him and let him know that you have gotten enough information about the process and ask him real truthful questions about what happend to your documents, cos KCC does not request for digital passports on Hard copies.
Talk to him one on one and try not to raise your voice.
God will see u through.
Be favored.

cheers.

hello Livewire007,

when you did yours,did your wife name came along as the beneficiary??I held that once the KCC had sent you the 2NL they have no business anymore,any related issue will be forwarded to the embassy.Does my wife needs to fill another Ds-230 form again along with my new Ds-230?Please let me know.

Thanks

My wife's name did not come with my 2nd NL, if you read my post well.. i got married after my 2nd NL infact my wedding was after my 2nd NL has arrived and then i have finished my medicals and police report.
They will allow you in at the embassy, just tell them that you have notified KCC about your marriage.
also make new pssports for your wife, with your name as her surname.
Read through 2008 winners thread they have similar cases their, i also got my inspiration from this forum.
Just fill new forms and send to KCC, they will update your case file.
Even if KCC does not acknowledge (which happened in my case) the embassy will still go ahead with it.
Just pray to God for favor, thats all you need.

cheers.

I don't know how to thank u dear livewire007,
The problem here is that I applied before for a non-Immigrant visa ( refused :mad:) and I mentioned this place in its application form....

Do please

Hi 4real4u,
Thanks for your reply,
I think it will be nice if i can get NPC Birth Certificates for my parent aswell and take it along with me,if i want to go for interview at the embassy as an evidence,incase if the consular officer want to focus his/her attention on the correction that i made.
House,what do you suggest about this idea?Or it is not necessary to go to embassy with their NPC Birth Certificate?

Hi,

Please do exactly that to help situation in case it is raised at the interview.

Follow

Hello House

I need your candid advice,my wife is the primary applicant,she was the one that won,our case number would probably be current in July,we just got married last weekend.I just want to know the latest time we can update KCC about her status so that my name as her husband will be added to her beneficiary .I want my name to come with the second letter .Please do advice me on when to send it.Can KCC still update me when we have receive the second letter only for me wife???Please let me know asap.

John

Hi,

Follow livewire007's advise since he was in the same situation before.

Sidelined

Hi,

I am sorry you're about to be sidelined, i have heard lots of stories about those kind of agents. All you need do is talk to him respectfully and see how he can help you out with all the issues on ground. Since KCC said you should send it in just try meet him up with an elderly person and yield to all his request.

From my findings it normally takes about 5-6months b4 forms sent to KCC is processed for interview, if you want to find out just check people's signatures for more details. I don't know what to tell you other than to just stay calm while you straighten up things for yourself.

Good luck

Hey

Hi every one,
Thanks,

Hey,

How on earth will you ask your brother to do this kind of a thing for you. From the way you're talking i don't think you need the immigrant visa bcos if you do you will go all out to do most things yourself so that you won't have any problems on the day of the interview. Please, fill the form and sign every necessary places yourself 'cos the smallest discrepancy might get you out and it will result in waste of money and time if they're valuable to you anyway.

What is what doing at all is what doing well.

Good Luck

My guy

The problem here is that I applied before for a non-Immigrant visa ( refused :mad:) and I mentioned this place in its application form....

My guy, i think you're just all over the place, just try put one message together explaining your situation so that you can get a proper advice from this able forum. You said you mentioned one place which place? The fact that you were refused non-immigrant visa doesn't affect your immigrant visa in any way.

Anyways, try and put yourself together for proper advise.

Enjoy

Me

PHP:
Hi every one,
Thanks,

livewire007

PHP:
Where exactly did your brother sing on, did he sign on where you as the Principal Applicant is suppose to Sign? If yes!
Did he sign your signature or his?
If he signed your signature you dont have a problem
On the contrary if he signs his, you better go and master that signature, cos ur signature should be consistent on all the forms.

as per missing information, you can fix it on the day of interview but that depends on what the info is, if you can be specific, you'll get a better answer.

Me

PHP:

livewire007

PHP:
Just adopt your brothers signature and use it, you dont have to tell them about your brother signing for you, dont even mention his name.

ME

PHP:

livewire007

PHP:
Is the place outside your country? Where you legally in that place?
If Yes, then mention it IF THEY ASK if no, forget about it.

If the place is within your country, you dont have any problem since you're within the country.

During your Interview adopt a strategy of DONT ASK DONT TELL

dont talk to much, answer only asked questions and be honest about it.

Things you need to be concerned about are:
Name on Birth Certificate (should be same name on your winning notification)
Date of Birth must be same
Place of birth must be same
WAEC result
Degree result (optional)
Medicals
Police cert

all your names, birth days should be consistent on your documents.

wish u all the best.

Me

PHP:
The problem here is that I applied before for a non-Immigrant visa ( refused ) and I mentioned this place in its application form....[PHP]
[/PHP]

thank u everybody, for ur concern about my issue is just dat is unfortunate dat things like this happen to me, if i had knew dat i'll come across this thread i'll not have stick to d agent but all things being equal.
i was in d agent office and we talked at length yesterday. i quote him' i've paid him to do a job 4 me and he's readly to do it' he z dat he have sent d form again.