• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Congrats to ALL whose CN is current. Pls, do not be afraid of upcoming interviews.....becos God is looking at us from a distance....

Dv winners are lucky people........

Happy New year Highly Esteem House Members,
I really appreciate the way you guyz have been contributed your opinion and advice member of the house that have one or two different kind of problems.
I have two(2) things that are keep beating in my heart and i want you guyz to advice me on the issue.

(A) WAEC:
On my original waec certificate that want i want to present during my interview have little error! The middle Name of my name was speeled wrongly i.e

Surname:GOD FirstName:IS MiddleName:ABLLE. Instead of

Surname:GOD FirstName:IS MiddleName:ABLE.

So there was Double "LL" instead of Single "L" in the middle name.

So,when i discovered that i was among those that won & selected for further processing and i know the implication of it during interview,i quickly return it to Waec office at Yaba.So i was sent back to my previous school to get the following documentslisted below to truly confirm whether they are the one that made mistake or not:
(1) OMR Sheet (2) Letter from the school (3) The Sum of NGN 5000 for correction.

So,i did so and i was able to get all the documents needed.The problem that i have now,is that they have collected my Original Waec Certificate for correction so that they can re-issue out new to me and i have submitted it since last year May (i.e 8 months ago),and they haven't rectify or correct it since then(evenself,i still follow it up with the assistant of one of their staff).So there is no Original Waec Certificate that i can present during my interview,and my interview is around the corner i.e some months to come. Although,inside the instruction forms to us,we were told that we can present "Online waec Computer Print-out result" if the Original Waec Certificate is not availabe or ready.
Although,i complained that i want to use the Original Waec Certificate for interview at the embassy and i was told to request for a back-up letter with waec letter headed paper which will directed to the embassy that my Original Waec Certificate is still on process due to so so so........ error.
So,i want different contribution from all member of the house on this Waec Certificate issue that am i 100% safe if i go to embassy with a back-up letter from waec alongside with "Online waec Computer Print-out result" ( So far it is acceptable) if another new Original Waec Certificate is not yet ready?

(B) Mother's Family Name At Birth:
I also made mistake on my DS-230 form on the issue of mother's family name "at Birth".

My Father's Family Name:Olusegun Musa Smith.
My Mother's Family Name at Birth:Olusegun Mary Kate.

i.e i wrote her marital name instead of maiden name,it was 3 weeks later that i discovered the mistake and i have returned the DS-230 form back to KCC.So can i mail KCC for correction or i should leave it like that?Hope i am safe if i decide not to mail KCC for correction or what do you think house ? i can mail them for correction or leave it like that?

Hello House,
i mail KCC to correct mistake on my mother's family name and aswell to confirmed whether my parcel that contain all my DS-forms have been received.

Here is the replied from KCC:

Thank you for your inquiry.

The information you provided will be included in your case file.

Williamsburg, Kentucky
KCCDV@state.gov
(606) 526-7500

So does that mean that my parcel have been received......................?

Last edited by a moderator:
hellow house,
pls i need some explanations on this case, due to the rate per dollar i cant get the money for my baby of 5 mouth old.and the interview is just 10days to go from now, pls what did the house surgest that i can do to help the poor baby of geting her visa. i can only paid for me and my wife for now, but i trust my GOD that he can make a way were their is no way, but i need all house help for what to dooooooooooooo.
bammyrichie
livewire
benzobenzo
AND ALL.
THANKS

hello house,
anyone who needs a contact at alagbon to process their police report should send me a pm.did mine for 3k on monday(same day collection).

hi paulash,
pls can u give me the name and phono no of that man for the police report? Cos i will like to du my from him my wife own cos 5k. If that one is 3k i will like that. Pls cornet me to him.

hellow house,
pls i need some explanations on this case, due to the rate per dollar i cant get the money for my baby of 5 mouth old.and the interview is just 10days to go from now, pls what did the house surgest that i can do to help the poor baby of geting her visa. i can only paid for me and my wife for now, but i trust my GOD that he can make a way were their is no way, but i need all house help for what to dooooooooooooo.
bammyrichie
livewire
benzobenzo
AND ALL.
THANKS

congratulation 4d baby and 4ur schedule interview, well to my own understanding u have to apply 4 international passport 4d baby and u have 2 pay d baby embassy fee which is d same amount u are paying 4 urself and ur wife. the only thing i think d baby did not require is d medical test since d baby is still too young but u have to go with d birth certificate.
to me u are luck 2 have d baby cos it will serve as an endvient dat ur wedding is not an arrange one.

hi paulash,
pls can u give me the name and phono no of that man for the police report? Cos i will like to du my from him my wife own cos 5k. If that one is 3k i will like that. Pls cornet me to him.
sir, this is internet and it's open 2d general public.
d name and fone number of d officier is on page 32. under a message sent to me (bammyrichie). check it out and u will see it. gud luck and pls don't 4get us on dis forum after ur interview 2 post in ur experience at d embassy with respect to d baby issue. pls try and go with d baby's fee so dat u will not encounter any problem.

brother, am so sorry is like d name and fone number of d officier has been deleted 4 security purpose so if u still want it.
i'll send it 2u immediately.

pls, can someone discribe ao to get to this US embassy to me. 2,ELEKE CRESCENT. Also do i need to go with my primary school leaving certificate for my interview since i claimed degree?

pls, can someone discribe ao to get to this US embassy to me. 2,ELEKE CRESCENT. Also do i need to go with my primary school leaving certificate for my interview since i claimed degree?

clementfemi,

You don have to go with your Primary School certificate, bcos it wont be needed, but if you have some space in ur folder you can take it along.

Going to Eleke Crescent aka Walter Carignton from CMS.
With Bike aka Okada
Just tell them US Embassy, they'll will charge you between N120 - N180

With Private Car (From CMS)
On your way into VI dont climb the Bridge in front of barracks that leads to ahmadu Bello way (thats the Bridge in front of the Army Barracks) rather go Under the bridge and turn left.
Drive straight until you get to the 2nd turn on your Left (DO NOT MAKE A U-turn) turn Left, you'll see a white Building (dats Eriksson Office, d 1st White building 2 ur right after u turn left) drive straight and ask any passerby for US Embassy its a popular destination 4 Nigerians :):):).

P.S
There's an army car park close to the embassy, they charge N200 to park ur car, its safe there the last time i had my interview.

I hope this little description helps, Pls try and confirm from other sources.

I wish you all the best in ur Interview.

hellow house,
bammyrichie
livewire
benzobenzo
AND ALL.
THANKS

Please try and raise money for your Visa interview, cos u might not get to be interviewd if your payment is not complete and this will cause you to Re-schedule your interview date which will reduce your chances of getting the visa, busalab pls try and hustle for money before then.
I pray for Gods favor on your Life and your family.

Also prepare well for the interview, go through all your documents, try to avoid any mistake.

God will gran u favor.

I wish u all the best in ur interview.

Hi house, pls don't be dismayed or discouraged. we will all do our interview b4 d current dv year ends by 30th. sept. 09

clementfemi,

You don have to go with your Primary School certificate, bcos it wont be needed, but if you have some space in ur folder you can take it along.

Going to Eleke Crescent aka Walter Carignton from CMS.
With Bike aka Okada
Just tell them US Embassy, they'll will charge you between N120 - N180

With Private Car (From CMS)
On your way into VI dont climb the Bridge in front of barracks that leads to ahmadu Bello way (thats the Bridge in front of the Army Barracks) rather go Under the bridge and turn left.
Drive straight until you get to the 2nd turn on your Left (DO NOT MAKE A U-turn) turn Left, you'll see a white Building (dats Eriksson Office, d 1st White building 2 ur right after u turn left) drive straight and ask any passerby for US Embassy its a popular destination 4 Nigerians :):):).

P.S
There's an army car park close to the embassy, they charge N200 to park ur car, its safe there the last time i had my interview.

I hope this little description helps, Pls try and confirm from other sources.

I wish you all the best in ur Interview.

10q. i am really grateful

At last, god is good

All Glory, Honour and adoration to Our GOD ALMIGTHY. I had a successful interview. It was just God. The interview was previously schedule for 2nd Feb 2009. But it was rescheduled to 4th March 2009.
Reason; about two weeks before then, a dollar was equivalent to N125 at the embassy so I was advised to go with Naira equivalent. I did, but unfortunately, a dollar increased to N160 when we got there. As a result of our calculation, the money we took along was not enough so we had to reschedule our appointment. My advices for all that will be going for there own interview is to go with U.S Dollar.

The D-Day. ………………………………On the 4th of March 2009.

We got to the U.S Embassy at about 6: 05 am, we met a long queue and we (I and my hubby) were checked in. The cashier lady was not nice at all. That have been her testimony since I’d ever been reading about her from this forum and I met her that way, what a shame. I think she needs the hand of God.
After the payment, my name was called to window 11 for submission of our documents. The Documents required are;
Principal Applicant (Me) first then my husband

1. Birth certificate (NPC Attestation)
2. Secondary school Certificate. I submitted NECO computer print-out result alone and stapled a scratch card to it.
3. Marriage Certificate.
4. Police Report Clearance.
5. The white envelope from KAMORAS Hospital - medical report and the immunization record.
All these were submitted along side with the photo copies.

THE MAIN INTERVIEW
We: Good morning sir,
CO: Replied with a smile,
CO: You are here because you are chosen for further visa lottery processing
WE: yes
CO: Raise you right hand up and swear that bla, bla, bla.
After swearing, we took our finger print and he told my husband to go and sit down while he attends to me first.
CO: What is your name?
Me: I told him
CO: Date of birth
CO: Place of Birth
Me: I answered
CO: Name of your secondary school
CO: why didn’t you sit for your exam there?
Me: I did, but did not pass my first paper. But I came with the testimonial.
CO: Let me see it.
ME: I showed him
CO: which subject did you hate most?
ME: Government
CO: Why
ME: Because I had F9 in it
The CO began to laugh
CO: How did you meet your Husband?
Me: A friend introduced him to me so that he can teach me mathematic when I was preparing for my NECO examination in Umuahia-2005.
The CO laughs again and asked me if my husband know mathematic. I said yes and laugh too in return
Then the CO called my Husband and asked him just two questions;
CO: How did you meet your wife? And who is this on your picture?
My husband gave him the right answer
CO: Congratulation, You re eligible to become an American citizen.
I couldn’t just control myself; I was just too excited, saying thank you sir, thank you sir……
Then he handed to me a blue paper (Pick-up slip).

I noticed that most pple that were denied that day were not speaking up and of low countenance. Just be bold and know your God. I really mean know your God and please him. Ever since I gave my life to him, He has been a miracle to me. I mean He is real. With Him all disappointments are really a blessing. Please wonderful pple, BLESS THE LORD FOR ME and await your MIRACLE too, life and direct.

All Glory, Honour and adoration to Our GOD ALMIGTHY. I had a successful interview. It was just God. The interview was previously schedule for 2nd Feb 2009. But it was rescheduled to 4th March 2009.
Reason; about two weeks before then, a dollar was equivalent to N125 at the embassy so I was advised to go with Naira equivalent...

Congratulations. Let all glory be God's forever!

pls was the exchange rate still 160 when you returned?

all glory, honour and adoration to our god almigthy. I had a successful interview. It was just god. The interview was previously schedule for 2nd feb 2009. But it was rescheduled to 4th march 2009.
Reason; about two weeks before then, a dollar was equivalent to n125 at the embassy so i was advised to go with naira equivalent. I did, but unfortunately, a dollar increased to n160 when we got there. As a result of our calculation, the money we took along was not enough so we had to reschedule our appointment. My advices for all that will be going for there own interview is to go with u.s dollar.

kongratulations nellivel, i wish you & ur hubby a safe trip to the usa, you will find more of gods favour and prosperity.

I rejoice with you.

Wishing all others success as they attend their interviews.

American Citizen?

American Citizen?

Congrat anyways and i wish you and your husband a wonderful stay in the US.

a successful interview

l had a successful interview with the embassy on the 16th march.
l will keep the house posted on it all.

So lovely!

Reason; about two weeks before then, a dollar was equivalent to N125 at the embassy so I was advised to go with Naira equivalent. I did, but unfortunately, a dollar increased to N160 when we got there. As a result of our calculation, the money we took along was not enough so we had to reschedule our appointment. My advices for all that will be going for there own interview is to go with U.S Dollar.

The D-Day. ………………………………On the 4th of March 2009.

We got to the U.S Embassy at about 6: 05 am, we met a long queue and we (I and my hubby) were checked in. The cashier lady was not nice at all. That have been her testimony since I’d ever been reading about her from this forum and I met her that way, what a shame. I think she needs the hand of God.
After the payment, my name was called to window 11 for submission of our documents. The Documents required are;
Principal Applicant (Me) first then my husband

1. Birth certificate (NPC Attestation)
2. Secondary school Certificate. I submitted NECO computer print-out result alone and stapled a scratch card to it.
3. Marriage Certificate.
4. Police Report Clearance.
5. The white envelope from KAMORAS Hospital - medical report and the immunization record.
All these were submitted along side with the photo copies.

THE MAIN INTERVIEW
We: Good morning sir,
CO: Replied with a smile,
CO: You are here because you are chosen for further visa lottery processing
WE: yes
CO: Raise you right hand up and swear that bla, bla, bla.
After swearing, we took our finger print and he told my husband to go and sit down while he attends to me first.
CO: What is your name?
CO: Date of birth
CO: Place of Birth
Me: I answered
CO: Name of your secondary school
CO: why didn’t you sit for your exam there?
Me: I did, but did not pass my first paper. But I came with the testimonial.
CO: Let me see it.
ME: I showed him
CO: which subject did you hate most?
ME: Government
CO: Why
ME: Because I had F9 in it
The CO began to laugh
CO: How did you meet your Husband?
Me: A friend introduced him to me so that he can teach me mathematic when I was preparing for my NECO examination in Umuahia-2005.
The CO laughs again and asked me if my husband know mathematic. I said yes and laugh too in return
Then the CO called my Husband and asked him just two questions;
CO: How did you meet your wife? And who is this on your picture?
My husband gave him the right answer
I couldn’t just control myself; I was just too excited, saying thank you sir, thank you sir……
Then he handed to me a blue paper (Pick-up slip).

I noticed that most pple that were denied that day were not speaking up and of low countenance. Just be bold and know your God. I really mean know your God and please him. Ever since I gave my life to him, He has been a miracle to me. I mean He is real. With Him all disappointments are really a blessing. Please wonderful pple, BLESS THE LORD FOR ME and await your MIRACLE too, life and direct.

So happy for you people.May God in His infinite mercy protect and lead you people as you move on to reside in USA.Congratulations.