• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

My good friends,

Pls let us share our experiences and ideas on the issue:-

A family friend had already gone interview and visa collected, though, his wife was pregnant during the period, after 2 weeks they had a new born baby in nigeria.

How can they obtain a visa for the new baby.......

If its possible? what is the next step to take......

we need your contributions please...
The family got thier visas two weeks before the lady put to bed.A time frame of two weeks was enough for them to had travelled to USA,seeing that she was actually heavy.They might now face the entire rigmarole of getting a visa for the young baby by going through the normal process of visa application to USA.But with enough evidence that the baby is thiers,they will surely get the visa .:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Venessa2009,

Pls, nothing to worry about....just go thru all the info you sent to KCC and little about your discipline( course of study) in your higer education and also, work experience ....

You will go and come back with laughter.......

Cheers

Diamond,

If this is exactly what happened you are free go on with your visa application proccessing ,cos if these pple sbmitted on your behalf they would not have sent dv lottery official site to you.

This is just a single entry go on with it and have faith in God.

May God bless your hearth desire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_009 View Post
Hello House,
Please help me to judge this case & REPLY me whether this 2009 ENTRY APPLICATION is DOUBLE ENTRY OR NOT ?

I was aslo among successful dv2009 applicants that received Notification Letter from KCC (USA),but i have little problem during my application.
Around october last year 2008,i received a mail from an association called American Association Immigrant(AAI) that i can apply for dv lottery for free and with some others free benefit if i register with them for free.But this association will collect all the applicants data and apply at Federal Gov. Official site (dvlottery.state.gov).It is not a fraud site when i glance through their site to see the service that they are rendering, etc
Then i did so,but after some weeks that i applied via this site i received a message from this association.Here is the message i received from AAI below:

AAI:

Dear Bunga,

We have been unable to upload your US. Green Card Lottery application to the US. Government web site as submitted.

To confirm you are entered in time for the current DV-2009 program, you must re-submit your entry directly to the US. Government site at www.dvlottery.state.gov.

Do not worry, THIS WILL NOT RESULT IN A DOUBLE ENTRY.

We apologize for this inconvenience. However, we want to be certain you are entered well before the deadline of December 3rd.

TO BE SURE, PLEASE GO TO www.dvlottery.state.gov AND RE-ENTER NOW!

Good luck and best wishes,
Customer Support Team

Diamond_009:
So House when i received this message,i did so and i re-applied at www.dvlottery.state.gov,unfortunatly I was among successful dv2009 applicants and also some of my friends that applied during that period received this message aswell.
So my mind is not at rest because i'm not sure whether they apply for me through their site or not.
So guzy,
Please help me to judge this case & REPLY me whether this 2009 ENTRY APPLICATION is
DOUBLE ENTRY OR NOT ?
Please House await your suggestion

Hi Mcdemmy,
Thanks for following up my posting,i'm optimistic aswell that the application cannot be double entry,i just want the house to say their view on the message that received from the organisation.

Again,concerning the issue of wrong "place of birth" on my international passport,i have return it to passport office to change my place of birth from Lagos to Mushin.So i paid for another re-issuing of passport.
So, anybody in this graet house if you know that you little error on your passport,it is better to return it for reprinting,it is acceptable to re-print e-passport,because we human being were perfect,we can make mistake,we are not God.
I saw it on the US official site that observation on passport is not acceptable,that application should re-apply for another passport.
Thanks house for your advice on my problems

Well i know of a green paper which is given to you at the end of a successfuls interview, you'll use the paper to collect your visas.

I think any other color means u're unsucessful or your case is put on administrative processing, am not sure about the colors of theses ones.

other members can contribute to these.

hi livewire,
pls i want to know if its important to go with scrached card, cos i was told they dont us it. that they got there way of cheching result on net.

hi livewire,
pls i want to know if its important to go with scrached card, cos i was told they dont us it. that they got there way of cheching result on net.

If you go with WAEC certificate,they will not check but if you go with statement of result, they will. Either ways, pls go with your scratch card, it doesn't cost you anything. You have gone to far to allow one small thing to hold you back.

All the best

hi livewire,

If you have your Original WAEC result you wont need the Scratch card, but if you have a FREE scratch card you can go with it.

regards

Hello livewire and house, can I take my green card at one state say New York and decide to live another state say Ohio? Is it also obligatory that I obtain my SSN at where I had my GC. I have resolved to stay with a family member in another state rather than my sponsor in another state.

CN:#2009AF00014XXX
NL recieved 18th April
Letter posted to KCC 5th May
sent mail to KCC in July 10
KCC comfirmed reciept of form July 11
Current in December
Police Cert completed
KCC confirm interview for 19/12/08
2ND LETTER RECIEVED 14/11/08
Interview reschedulled to 23/2/09
successful fisrt interview 23/2/09
medicals completed
second interview 16/04/09
Prov. 21:31 Horses are made ready for battle but vitory is in the hands of God
Edit/Delete Message

Visa bulletin.

Hello House,here is the cut off for the month of may.
Africa;32,400 except Egypt,19150,Ethopia17550,Nigeria,11,550.

Asia 22800

Europe 24900

North America(Bahamas) 10

Oceana 825

S.America and the caribeans 1000.

You can visit www.travel.state.gov and search for visa bulletin for the details.

Visitor visa invitation

Please can any one assist with useful information please, I will like to know the processes of visitor visa invitation to United States, what are the processing from step 1 to final stage, plz anyone with useful information too get back to me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Hello livewire and house, can I take my green card at one state say New York and decide to live another state say Ohio? Is it also obligatory that I obtain my SSN at where I had my GC. I have resolved to stay with a family member in another state rather than my sponsor in another state.

CN:#2009AF00014XXX
NL recieved 18th April
Letter posted to KCC 5th May
sent mail to KCC in July 10
KCC comfirmed reciept of form July 11
Current in December
Police Cert completed
KCC confirm interview for 19/12/08
2ND LETTER RECIEVED 14/11/08
Interview reschedulled to 23/2/09
successful fisrt interview 23/2/09
medicals completed
second interview 16/04/09
Prov. 21:31 Horses are made ready for battle but vitory is in the hands of God
Edit/Delete Message
As a GC holder, u can live anywhere u want to. U can apply for SSN at any SSN office.it doesn't matter what state u get it at.

The family got thier visas two weeks before the lady put to bed.A time frame of two weeks was enough for them to had travelled to USA,seeing that she was actually heavy.They might now face the entire rigmarole of getting a visa for the young baby by going through the normal process of visa application to USA.But with enough evidence that the baby is thiers,they will surely get the visa .:)

The baby does not need a visa to the US. All the need to do is show up at the US port of entry with their greencard and the babies birth certificate and the baby will automatically be issued a greencard/will be admitted into the US as a permanent resident.

ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN MAY

For May, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2009 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 32,400 Except:
Egypt 19,150
Ethiopia 17,750
Nigeria 11,550

ASIA 22,800
EUROPE 24,900
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 10
OCEANIA 825
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,000

Please can any one assist with useful information please, I will like to know the processes of visitor visa invitation to United States, what are the processing from step 1 to final stage, plz anyone with useful information too get back to me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I mean someone in US that is trying to invite someone here in Nigeria, what are the processes.

Thank you.

Read up

I mean someone in US that is trying to invite someone here in Nigeria, what are the processes.

Thank you.

Hi,

Do read the website below. It might help you.

http://www.path2usa.com/immigration/visitorvisa/visitor_visa.htm

Good Luck

Hi guys,

Like i told one member of the group that we should expect an increment in the 1500+ range for Nigeria cut off, it as happened even for all. Congrats to those that are current now and i wish you all good luck.

Kongratulation

what a great increament i d case number for may... congratulation 2 those dat there no. is among and 2 those of dat are still too. gud luck.
4real4u is gud 2 have u back, how is ur new environment? may God help u to settle down on time and have gud neigbhours. amen

Thanks so much 4real4U, actually have come across the information before but not sure of myself but am really grateful for the information again and I hope it helps, please keep assisting as you're, may the Lord Almighty continue to strentghing and protect you.

Once again thank you.

Those are the steps

Thanks so much 4real4U, actually have come across the information before but not sure of myself but am really grateful for the information again and I hope it helps, please keep assisting as you're, may the Lord Almighty continue to strentghing and protect you.

Once again thank you.

Hi,

Never mind, those are the steps just follow it accordingly.

Good Luck

Hi

what a great increament i d case number for may... congratulation 2 those dat there no. is among and 2 those of dat are still too. gud luck.
4real4u is gud 2 have u back, how is ur new environment? may God help u to settle down on time and have gud neigbhours. amen

Hi,

The environment is nice and people are friendly. I am always on this forum everyday, the only thing is that i only reply to the important threads.

I am not settling down here yet, i should be back to my work next week in the UK and may be come back again in June/July.

I have not been looking for job yet but i know things are hard here now. People over here are getting laid off and new guys are finding it difficult even getting Walmart/Burger King job, isn't that ridiculous?

Although, it should be expected when one is new in an environment. My advice to everybody is when you get your visa please, please and please don't resign from your job where ever you are, just take some time off to come down to see how things are and to also see if you can get some certifications done or get to know about what will make you fit in properly into the system when you decide you want to come down finally.