• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Scanty

my cousin's wife played the lottery when she was single, but got married before she got the letter, (like 3 months) then went for interview recently both of them were told to come back the next day,they went and had a written interview, after that, they were told they will be contacted, does anyone has an idea of what is happening..... i think they may deny them, pls shed light on this, thanks......is it normal to have 2 interviews?

Hi,

The story you presented is so scanty and one can only give a reasonable answer when you have at least 3/4 length of the story.

When did they get married before the 1st NL or the 2nd NL?
When they got married did they inform KCC by filling out another form?
For the interview did they go with docs like marriage certificate, pictures before wedding, during and after wedding as an evidence of courtship? etc.

To me i think they missed out lots of those information/docs and they were suspected of coming for an interview with an arranged/false marriage.

My advise is to let us know the real thing that transpire at the embassy, what they were asked, there response and what they went with before we can give a sound advice.

I hope it helps?

Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
hi HOUSE
PLS I JUST WHANT TO NO IF IS POSSIBLE FOR ME AND MY FAMILY, TO SEE A SPONSUR. COS I NEED MONEY FOR THIS THING AND AM DOING MY INTERVIEW THIS MARCH 3RD WEEK. AM FINANCIALLY DOWN FOR NOW AND I MUST NOT LOOSE MY VISA.DID ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY THAT CAN HELP OR SOME PRIVATE BODY THAT CAN HELP. PLS HELP ME HOUSE, I NEED UR URGENT REPLY.

My guy

hi HOUSE
PLS I JUST WHANT TO NO IF IS POSSIBLE FOR ME AND MY FAMILY, TO SEE A SPONSUR. COS I NEED MONEY FOR THIS THING AND AM DOING MY INTERVIEW THIS MARCH 3RD WEEK. AM FINANCIALLY DOWN FOR NOW AND I MUST NOT LOOSE MY VISA.DID ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY THAT CAN HELP OR SOME PRIVATE BODY THAT CAN HELP. PLS HELP ME HOUSE, I NEED UR URGENT REPLY.

Hi,

When you fail to prepare, you have to prepare to fail. Mind you, i don't pray for your failure. You knew already that your interview will be soon and you haven't find a way around Nov./Dec 08 to see if you can start putting something into your account either from yourself or from someone else. It's 3weeks to the D-day and you're now looking at funding, that's very wrong. They are not stupid to know you just put the money in your account if you go for the interview, if someone helped you with some change now.

Moreso, i think as a person with family and kid(s) you must have a sponsor from the US who will fill the I-134 form for you 'cos they expect you to go straight into somebody's house with your family when you enter, as a proof that you won't be a public charge. So i think 98% of the time they ask families for sponsor from the US which you have to get within the time left.

That's my candid advise for you to stay above the water. You might be lucky though.

Enjoy

4 real I am vinesoft from Ghana can you read my post above and share with me your view.
The concelor said we should bring more to proof our relationship over time.

4 real I am vinesoft from Ghana can you read my post above and share with me your view.
The concelor said we should bring more to proof our relationship over time.

what else?

can anybody tell us some of the things we need to proof our relationship appart from our pictures and certificate?

Hi,

Firstly, i'll like to find out if the only pictures you took there were just your traditional/wedding pix or not?

If yes, try and go with some other things like

1. Joint Bank account statement or individual showing your address as same
2. Pictures prior to your wedding, i mean while courting and ones for your honey moon if you had one (I should think that will clear there mind)
3. Properties you have in your names
4. Utility bills showing your names and same address
5. Pictures 2 of you took with your families

In short you have to take along so many other things they wouldn't have imagined. Although, the pregnancy should have done it but they just needed more proofs 'cos they know we can do anything in Africa. They should issue the visa when you produce some of those things.

Another thing is did you get married after you got the DV lottery result or before? if after i think that was the problem.

I hope it helps?

Enjoy

Hi,

Firstly, i'll like to find out if the only pictures you took there were just your traditional/wedding pix or not?

If yes, try and go with some other things like

1. Joint Bank account statement or individual showing your address as same
2. Pictures prior to your wedding, i mean while courting and ones for your honey moon if you had one (I should think that will clear there mind)
3. Properties you have in your names
4. Utility bills showing your names and same address
5. Pictures 2 of you took with your families

In short you have to take along so many other things they wouldn't have imagined. Although, the pregnancy should have done it but they just needed more proofs 'cos they know we can do anything in Africa. They should issue the visa when you produce some of those things.

Another thing is did you get married after you got the DV lottery result or before? if after i think that was the problem.

I hope it helps?

Enjoy

Thanks 4real
As for pictures we sent divers as you proposed. We got married 16/09/07.
wehen we came home, we have been able to retrieved bank reciept of monies we both deposited into each others accounts be4 we won the lottery. we also have funeral donation reciepts. infact we are in a compound house and therefore no bill in our name. I personally designed a calander with her pitures for her on valentine 2007. I am still searching for more.

Thanks 4real
wehen we came home, we have been able to a bank reciept of monies we both deposited into each others accounts be we won the lottery. we also have funeral donation reciepts. infact we are in a compound house and therefore no bill in our name. I personally designed a callender for her on valentine 2007. I am still searching for more.

Hmm funy, I printed some emails we exchanged at the beginning of our relationship but the problem is she used Rita Kessewaa to register email but her official name is Hannah Kessewaa. can we use these mails

I guess

Thanks 4real
wehen we came home, we have been able to a bank reciept of monies we both deposited into each others accounts be we won the lottery. we also have funeral donation reciepts. infact we are in a compound house and therefore no bill in our name. I personally designed a callender for her on valentine 2007. I am still searching for more.

Hi,

I guess you should be fine, they just need proofs to issue the visa, had it been they wanted to deny you they would have done that outrightly but i assure you, you're still on course.

I think the calendar makes it a lot better for you guys. So put everything together for them and send or did they give you another date to come in with the proofs?

If you think you can get more try do, so as to convince them beyond doubt.

Does she have any of her names as Rita and on docs/certificates to back it up? if so use it.

Good Luck

Hi,

I guess you should be fine, they just need proofs to issue the visa, had it been they wanted to deny you they would have done that outrightly but i assure you, you're still on course.

I think the calendar makes it a lot better for you guys. So put everything together for them and send or did they give you another date to come in with the proofs?

If you think you can get more try do, so as to convince them beyond doubt.

Does she have any of her names as Rita and on docs/certificates to back it up? if so use it.

Good Luck

Our next date is 16/04/09. No the name Rita is Nick name and does not have any document with that name.They say they are waiting for administration process report. what is the implication?
we appreciate your advice.God bless you.

Our next date is 16/04/09. No the name Rita is Nick name and does not have any document with that name.They say they are waiting for administration process report. what is the implication?
we appreciate your advice.God bless you.

Hi,

Further administration process is a sort of confirmation process they do to ascertain the authenticity of whatever document(s) you submit in support of the area they deemed fit as fake or unclear. So far your marriage is real and the marriage certificate you presented is not fake, you should be fine.

If that is the case for the name print along for complex situation but if it doesn't come out to be complex just keep it to yourself.

Good Luck

hi house,
pls i will like to no if they will check my waec too on the interview day cos my wife is the principal applicant. should i go whit my own too or not.
thanks.

Predict.

Hello House,
The next visa bulletin will be released in about 6 to 8 days from today.Who can predict correctly what the next cut-off will be for Nigeriia and africa etc?:)

Prediction! May 2009

Okay
wild guess!
Look at what happened in 2005 in the attached file as a guide for the optimist.
And, the 2004 trend may apply to the pessimist!

Go

hi house,
pls i will like to no if they will check my waec too on the interview day cos my wife is the principal applicant. should i go whit my own too or not.
thanks.

Hi,

My guy go with all your documents it doesn't take anything away from you. You've spent a lot of money and time up to this stage don't allow them put you on further administartion which will put more pressure on you, so just try and carry as much documents you have to prevent that. Although, since you're not the principal applicant your results are not the major thing they will check if it is alright or not but they might want to collect yours too.

You spent so much time trying to prepare so don't let them deny you in no time. You've spent little money compared to the non-refundable money you'll be paying on that day before the interview, so don't waste it. Try prepare for the worst case and go with most things you have.

Good Luck.

Cn 2009af00015xxx
nl dated 26 mar 08
nl rcvd 30 apr 08
sent to kcc 2nd june 08
awaiting 2nd letter

hello house,

pls can you enlighten me on my high school qualifications, i did gce and my grade are, english d7, maths c6, geography b2, economics b3, commerce c4, and i proceeded to college of education and obtained nigeria certificate in education ( nce) pls i want the able house to advise me whether to withdraw or continue the processing because of my discrepancy in english language. Your advices are very important. Thanks

ALBERT,

Pls, u need further information on ur case. Thus, the minimum requirement is 5 credits including ENGLISH LANGUAGE.

Cn 2009af00015xxx
nl dated 26 mar 08
nl rcvd 30 apr 08
sent to kcc 2nd june 08
awaiting 2nd letter

hello house,

pls can you enlighten me on my high school qualifications, i did gce and my grade are, english d7, maths c6, geography b2, economics b3, commerce c4, and i proceeded to college of education and obtained nigeria certificate in education ( nce) pls i want the able house to advise me whether to withdraw or continue the processing because of my discrepancy in english language. Your advices are very important. Thanks

Albert,

You have a very good result but have you started working with your NCE?

no probs.

Cn 2009af00015xxx
nl dated 26 mar 08
nl rcvd 30 apr 08
sent to kcc 2nd june 08
awaiting 2nd letter

hello house,

u don't have problem at all but hope in all u have up to credit passes in 5 subjects, if u have the small birth certificate u can use it ok, US does not reject any doc issued by any arm of Govt. in a foreign land but does in their country u undy? go bro, go pick the visa, but go and read your geography wella ooo, saw that u had B2, u might wanna defend that , success wishes!!!!!

Am back again!

Just playing around with figures!

Simple arithmetic applied see what could happen in this months bulletin.

The operative word here is "COULD"

Have a look at this!::D