• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

hello Nillevel, congrats on ur successful interview. Pls what are the likely questions. Pls share ur testimonies us those waiting for 2NL and those preparing for interview soon.

Cheers

Sample Interview Questions

hello Nillevel, congrats on ur successful interview. Pls what are the likely questions. Pls share ur testimonies us those waiting for 2NL and those preparing for interview soon.

Cheers

Hi,

Pending hearing back from people that had interviews recently, see attachment for general likely questions.

I hope it helps?

Good Luck.

Hello house i Picked up the VISAs for me & my Wife yesterday, also included were 2 sealed brown envelopes to be handed over @ the Point OF Entry. (POE)

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE ON THE 13TH OF JANUARY, 2009.
we got to the embassy 6:15am, parked in the army's car park (paid N200) joined the que at the entry to the embassy at 6:35am for Immigrants with 7am appointments.
At the entry to the embassy, we asked to put away all battery operated devices and to open up our XRAY and bring out the medical results,before entry an officer checked up the list and found only my name for interview, but i told her i've mailed KCC concerning my wife, she said i should sort that out inside she then gave us a payment notice slip for 2 persons to go in & pay to the cashier, a contact form to fill, and also a brown card (written on it was DV 8).

When we got in, i guees the female cahsier was not having a good day as she was very rude, not entertainig question, could not even answer a greeting (some Nigeria people to get wahala, i wonder if she was the interviewing officer).

I paid N194,000 for me & my wife @ a rate of $1=N125, got back a change of 200, we then proceeded to take our seat in the main hall.

After few mins a woman called us up to Window E, to submit our documents, she collected the payment receipt & the contact information form given to us @ the entry to the embassy me first followed by my wife. The documents were collected in this order:

Primary Applicant (Husband)
1. NPC birth certificate
2. Marriage Cert.
3. Medical result + vacination paper
4. Police report
5. WAEC cert + other degree(s) obtained
6. 2 Passport Photographs
7. International Passport(s)

WIfe
1. NPC Birth certificate
2. Marriage Cert.
4. Police report
5. 2 Passport Photographs
6. International Passport(s)

SHe then asked us to proceed to the interview hall and take our seat.

At the interview hall, me & my wife did a rehearsal of possible questions we might likely face & we also chatted concerning possible windows we might be called to.

@ 8:00am various Immigrants were called up to the windows for their inteview, mostly old women who have their children as US citizens, there was also a small boy that wanted to join his mum int the states, all of them were granted visas, except for one women who did not bring any picture of her and the son in the states, so she was asked to come back any working monday.
It wasnt cold @ the embassy like i was told (maybe because am use to getting cold)

@ 9:15am (DV8 called) we were called to Window 10 for the interview proper.
@ the window was a white young man.

Consular Officer (CO): You're here because you were selected for further consideration.... that does not guarantee you a visa
Me: Yes, I know
Consular Officer (CO): PLs raise up your right hands and say after me (just like a wedding vow [laughs])
The CO gave us our DS230 forms to sign below the lines.
CO: Please place your hands on the finger print machine, starting with the primary applicant.
The CO instructed my wife to go take her seat while he interviews me.

CO: Whats your name?

CO: Whats your date of birth?

CO: Where is your place of birth?

CO: Where do you work?

CO: What do you do?

CO: Whats the work of a System Admin

CO: What kind of network do you run in ur org.?

CO: Whats your server type?

CO: What Operating system do you use?

CO: I see you have a degree, what did you study?

CO: Whats your best course?

CO: What is it all about?

CO: Whats your worst course?

CO: Whats it all about?

CO: I see that you just got married, when was that?

CO: Did you do a traditional wedding?

CO: When was your introduction?

CO: When did u meet your spouse?

CO: Whats her Occupation?

CO: Whats her specialty?

CO: Where does she work?

CO: Do you have Pictures?
Me:I showed him 2 albums containing our pictures (1 for our relationship spanning yrs & the other for our wedding [registry])

CO: Who are those in the pictures?

CO: What places have you travelled to?

CO: Where was the last place you travelled to & when?

CO: What was the purpose of your travel?

CO: PLease take your seat while i ask your wife, some questions

----------------------------------

CO: Whats your specialty?

CO: When did you finish your final exams?

CO: Where was the last place your spouse travel to & when?

CO: What was the purpose of he's travel?

PLease tell your Husband to come over here!

CO: Please hold 1 minute, he went inside & brought a green sheet.

CONGRATULATIONS, Welcome to USA, Your husband should come next week for your visas.
Please dont make any travel plans until you have your visas.

-----------------------------------------
N:B. All answers regarding me & my spouse were correct & accurate.
This is just a PURE miracle from GOD. it is indeed the greatest of favors. I got married approx 3 weeks to my interview date, after my 2nd letter arrived, and i made passports, police report, NPC cert & medicals for my spouse.

I later learnt that the consular officer that interviewd me is fund of refusing people visa, but GOD PASS AM.

The SECRET:
Trust in God, he's the doer of all things.
------------------------
All case is unique in itself. Aadepetun, 2008. (also by 4real4u)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations

CONGRATULATIONS, Welcome to USA, Your husband should come next week for your visas.

This is just a PURE miracle from GOD. it is indeed the greatest of favors. I got married approx 3 weeks to my interview date, after my 2nd letter arrived, and i made passports, police report, NPC cert & medicals for my spouse.

I later learnt that the consular officer that interviewd me is fund of refusing people visa, but GOD PASS AM.

The SECRET:
------------------------
All case is unique in itself. Aadepetun, 2008. (also by 4real4u)[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Congrats on the success of your interview, i am so happy for you. For couples, when you're at the embassy always rehearse your Q & A, talk very well and laugh (but not loudly), i tell you, they might be watching you and it might confirm your wedding is not an arrangement. Even if it is an arrangement, just try do it, it might save you.

Don't get me wrong it doesn't always work for everybody that way but you'll never know your saving grace.

I wish everybody expecting to be interviewed soon the best of luck.

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE ON THE 13TH OF JANUARY, 2009.
we got to the embassy 6:15am, parked in the army's car park (paid N200) joined the que at the entry to the embassy at 6:35am for Immigrants with 7am appointments.
At the entry to the embassy, we asked to put away all battery operated devices and to open up our XRAY and bring out the medical results,before entry an officer checked up the list and found only my name for interview, but i told her i've mailed KCC concerning my wife, she said i should sort that out inside she then gave us a payment notice slip for 2 persons to go in & pay to the cashier, a contact form to fill, and also a brown card (written on it was DV 8).

When we got in, i guees the female cahsier was not having a good day as she was very rude, not entertainig question, could not even answer a greeting (some Nigeria people to get wahala, i wonder if she was the interviewing officer).

I paid N194,000 for me & my wife @ a rate of $1=N125, got back a change of 200, we then proceeded to take our seat in the main hall.

After few mins a woman called us up to Window E, to submit our documents, she collected the payment receipt & the contact information form given to us @ the entry to the embassy me first followed by my wife. The documents were collected in this order:

Primary Applicant (Husband)
1. NPC birth certificate
2. Marriage Cert.
4. Police report
5. WAEC cert + other degree(s) obtained
6. 2 Passport Photographs
7. International Passport(s)

WIfe
1. NPC Birth certificate
2. Marriage Cert.
4. Police report
5. 2 Passport Photographs
6. International Passport(s)

SHe then asked us to proceed to the interview hall and take our seat.

At the interview hall, me & my wife did a rehearsal of possible questions we might likely face & we also chatted concerning possible windows we might be called to.

@ 8:00am various Immigrants were called up to the windows for their inteview, mostly old women who have their children as US citizens, there was also a small boy that wanted to join his mum int the states, all of them were granted visas, except for one women who did not bring any picture of her and the son in the states, so she was asked to come back any working monday.
It wasnt cold @ the embassy like i was told (maybe because am use to getting cold)

@ 9:15am (DV8 called) we were called to Window 10 for the interview proper.
@ the window was a white young man.

Consular Officer (CO): You're here because you were selected for further consideration.... that does not guarantee you a visa
Me: Yes, I know
Consular Officer (CO): PLs raise up your right hands and say after me (just like a wedding vow [laughs])
The CO gave us our DS230 forms to sign below the lines.
CO: Please place your hands on the finger print machine, starting with the primary applicant.
The CO instructed my wife to go take her seat while he interviews me.

CO: Whats the work of a System Admin

CO: What kind of network do you run in ur org.?

CO: Whats your server type?

CO: What Operating system do you use?

CO: I see you have a degree, what did you study?

CO: Whats your best course?

CO: What is it all about?

CO: Whats your worst course?

CO: Whats it all about?

CO: I see that you just got married, when was that?

CO: Did you do a traditional wedding?

CO: Whats her Occupation?

CO: Whats her specialty?

CO: Where does she work?

CO: Do you have Pictures?

CO: Who are those in the pictures?

CO: What places have you travelled to?

CO: Where was the last place you travelled to & when?

CO: What was the purpose of your travel?

CO: PLease take your seat while i ask your wife, some questions

CO: Whats your specialty?

CO: When did you finish your final exams?

CO: Where was the last place your spouse travel to & when?

CO: What was the purpose of he's travel?

PLease tell your Husband to come over here!

CO: Please hold 1 minute, he went inside & brought a green sheet.

The SECRET:
------------------------
All case is unique in itself. Aadepetun, 2008. (also by 4real4u)

Congrats my brother, from all indication they did not ask you for affidavit of support because you did not mention it in all the documents you submitted.

I did NOT have any AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT (AOS), infact my sponsor said hes bank account is low, so i just trust God they wouldnt ask, and there was no mention of it at all, even though i'm married.

But if you can get an AOS, i will advice you to go along with it, i didnt have one thats why, remeber every case is unique.

livewire007, congrats to u and ur wife. the lord really sent u a lifeline. i see u are online now. i sent u a private msg. hopin u'll repla ASAP. take care

Has it happened before?

Greetings to this great house. I present to you my present situation for prayers and advice:

I had plans of leaving Nigeria to practice in another country (Not the USA) before i got my 1st NL. I shared my traveling plans with KCC and they assured me it was possible to schedule my interview in the other country as long as i send them my new 'physical' address. I did travel and complied with the directive, and KCC confirmed the receipt of the info and promised to add it to my case note for review. To cut the story short, my interview was still scheduled to hold on LAGOS! When i called to express my dissatisfaction, they told me the address i sent appeared like a temporary one (because i added 'c/o a friend!) so they had to use my old address. i was asked to call the US embassy in my country of residence so they could contact the Lagos office and effect the transfer of my file. I have called them and im working on it presently. My question is:
  • Does anyone know of any similar incident?
    • If yes, what was the outcome?
      Responses and prayers will be appreciated.

livewire007,

We thank God for your interview, it was a miracle. We also, wish the best. Thus, do not forget that we are one family for now. However, always update about ur travelling arrangement and recommend a good travelling agent to the house to avoid wrong hands is same biz.

Joking...............ur wife should be the most happy person for now becos she is on her way to see the most wonderful man of USA....OBAMA...

CHEERS

Hello All,

I had a successful interview at the US Embassy in Lagos this morning even though I was only married for 2months and 6 days at the time of the interview.

It was pretty straight forward, only two questions:

Consular Officer: When did you get married?

Me: Answer

Consular Officer: Can I see any proof of your relationship?

Me: I showed a few photos spanning our entire relationship, before and after marriage.

Consular Officer: Congrats!

Simple...

Please try to focus on the positive stories and not necessarily the horror stories, every case is unique in itself!

Get your docs right and you'll not have any issues.

Cheers!

Congrats....just 2 questions......! it was miracle.

Pls, which of the window...do you have ur interview and is it white or black that interviewed you.

Regards

Godblesschuks

Pls, which of the window...do you have ur interview and is it white or black that interviewed you.

Regards

Godblesschuks

aadepetun,

Regards

Godblesschuks

Livewire007,

Thanks so much for the information about affidavit of support, pls according to you, you are married, pls how many kids do you have as at the time of your interview.

Pls your urgent reply would be appreciated.

Thanks

Godbless

Livewire007,

Thanks so much for the information about affidavit of support, pls according to you, you are married, pls how many kids do you have as at the time of your interview.

Pls your urgent reply would be appreciated.

Thanks

Godbless

Its approximately 4 weeks today since i got married, i will ask my wife when i get home if she's pregnant!

I hope that answers your question!

N:B.Pls read my testimony carefully.

Interview month and dates

Hello All,
I am really impressed with the level of information and assistance this forum has provided as regards dv-lottery enquiries.
My wife won the dv-2009 lottery and our case number is 2009AF00014xxx.we have not received the second package from kentucky.i will like to ask the house if any one has an idea when we shall be receiving the second package and also if any one has interview tips for couples.

Thank you

Hello All,
I am really impressed with the level of information and assistance this forum has provided as regards dv-lottery enquiries.
My wife won the dv-2009 lottery and our case number is 2009AF00014xxx.we have not received the second package from kentucky.i will like to ask the house if any one has an idea when we shall be receiving the second package and also if any one has interview tips for couples.

Thank you

Railfront,

I think you should hold on till your number becomes current, This means that you wont get a 2nd letter/ u wont be scheduled for an interview until the count gets to you, its like counting from 1-10 an at the moment they are at no (Nigeria 9,900), and your number is 14,*** so u might have your interview scheduled in June, July or August, so just be patient and always check the visa bulletin link as it is always published on the 15th of every month.
click on this link to see numbers that are current.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4417.html

ALl the best.

that was what i said.........

that similar cases are not the same, if it happens to someone it does not mean it will happen to u,just pray for mother luck.
U guy did not care to ask who started this Thread-Onyii, America don almost consume am,lol...:) , i have begged him to stop by to say hi oce in a while.