• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Thanks sunny 4 ur advice. I called kamorass n they said i should print the mail that kcc sent to me and come for the medicals.

Can one still apply for the current lottery(dv 2010) despite the fact that the person is a winner of the dv 2009 edition?

Can i change my sponsor during the interview day different from the one i wrote in my application form sent to kcc.
Do i still need to notity kcc if i want to change my sponsor before the interview day

hello every body in the house. its been quite a while since l visited the house. the issue been that l have not been opportuned where l am to access the internet. nevertheless, it always my pleasure to be on the forum.

l discovered that my cp is current this december and have contacted KCC on my interview scheduling only for them to informed me to call back in six weeks time. l guess that put paid to my having the interview this december. All the same, no regret as this will still buy me a little time to get my documents ready.

l say a big thank you to the wonderful men and women keeping this forum going. thank you all verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry much.

Can one still apply for the current lottery(dv 2010) despite the fact that the person is a winner of the dv 2009 edition?

yes u can.i won the 2008 and palyed f0r 2009 and also won.i have already had my interview and already in the US.so the second interview wh is in this November is useless.u are quite free. i will encourage all members especially those with high CN to apply now for 2010

Hi Ofomat, relax and call after 15th.You'll surely have a positive answer.the same thing happened to me when my number became current.

Thank you all for the response especially Valton,U are too much!I will go ahead and apply now for dv 2010 and keep praying that my high case number becomes current before the door closes in sept.2009.

Hi sunny,
You can change your sponsor on the interview day.A friend of mine was in the same situation.They are just interested whether the sponsor u provided is real and can actually provide you the much needed accommodation so that you will not become a public charge over there.So have a relaxed mind and go with all the required documents.

Hi 2 everybody in da house.
I started d medicals yesterday n was surprised that most of d people i met there didn't know about this forum n they had many questions to ask. I answered d ones i could and also gave them the link to d thread. Lets try and spread d word about this thread becos there r a lot of us out there that r doing d wrong thing. I also met a couple who didn't know they were supposed to get an evidence of support. So lets spread d good word.

Hi 2 everybody in da house.
I started d medicals yesterday n was surprised that most of d people i met there didn't know about this forum n they had many questions to ask. I answered d ones i could and also gave them the link to d thread. Lets try and spread d word about this thread becos there r a lot of us out there that r doing d wrong thing. I also met a couple who didn't know they were supposed to get an evidence of support. So lets spread d good word.

Obiageli, thats a very good effort from you, please kindly let more people to know about this forum its helpful.
And as per your medical good to hear that you have started it.

My passport has an expiry date of August 2009, and my interview is January 2009, can i use this same passport since i still have 8months b4 it expires?

Yeah

My passport has an expiry date of August 2009, and my interview is January 2009, can i use this same passport since i still have 8months b4 it expires?

Hi,

I think you can use it for the interview. My own suggestion is that you get another one (e-passport) b4 the day so that you can have your visa on the new one. This won't give you any problems, if in the future you want to come back to Nigeria on visit.

I would have suggested renewal but i don't think the authority concerned will do for the old one, they might just ask you to get the new e-passport.

So i'll suggest you get the new e-passport with the old one, to save urself the stress in future.

I hope it helps?

Hi,

I think you can use it for the interview. My own suggestion is that you get another one (e-passport) b4 the day so that you can have your visa on the new one. This won't give you any problems, if in the future you want to come back to Nigeria on visit.

I would have suggested renewal but i don't think the authority concerned will do for the old one, they might just ask you to get the new e-passport.

So i'll suggest you get the new e-passport with the old one, to save urself the stress in future.

I hope it helps?
I agree with ya. if you can afford an e-passport, get it now so that u don't have to worry about renewing/applying for e-passport when u get to the US.

Secondly: my international passport.
The issue is, last year i applied for a student visa at the british embassy but i was denied the visa bcos of insufficient fund, i still have the appeal refusal document with me.
Now , I dont know if using same passport for this DV lottery will bring any problem. Please i need an advice on what to do.
I Hope to hear from you or any body reading this thread. thanks.

thanks.
This wont be a problem, my wife and five children was refused Holland visa last year and l have been refused US visa three times but we still got our visa:)[/QUOTE]
@ Flavour was there any questions to been refused non-immigrant visa 3 times, as I got someone close to me with the same situation and he is worried about it. Please advise

Please is there any way i can go for the interview without the 2nd NL or any other way i can get the 2nd NL becos my interview is just 2weeks off n d 2nd NL has not arrived yet. I dont know what to do. Pls help.

Call them up

Please is there any way i can go for the interview without the 2nd NL or any other way i can get the 2nd NL becos my interview is just 2weeks off n d 2nd NL has not arrived yet. I dont know what to do. Pls help.

Hi,

I suggest you call them up or email them to inform them that you've not got your 2nd NL and that your interview is fixed for a particular time in December. Ask them to send you the 2nd NL via email, so as to give you access into the embassy on the day of the interview.

I suggest you email them this morning and call later in the day also to make your request known to them.

Good Luck.

Is 2009 Dv lottery entry application is DOUBLE or NOT ?

Hello House,
Please help me to judge this case & REPLY me whether this 2009 ENTRY APPLICATION is DOUBLE ENTRY OR NOT ?

I was aslo among successful dv2009 applicants that received Notification Letter from KCC (USA),but i have little problem during my application.
Around october last year 2008,i received a mail from an association called American Association Immigrant(AAI) that i can apply for dv lottery for free and with some others free benefit if i register with them for free.But this association will collect all the applicants data and apply at Federal Gov. Official site (dvlottery.state.gov).It is not a fraud site when i glance through their site to see the service that they are rendering, etc
Then i did so,but after some weeks that i applied via this site i received a message from this association.Here is the message i received from AAI below:

AAI:

Dear Bunga,

We have been unable to upload your US. Green Card Lottery application to the US. Government web site as submitted.

To confirm you are entered in time for the current DV-2009 program, you must re-submit your entry directly to the US. Government site at www.dvlottery.state.gov.

Do not worry, THIS WILL NOT RESULT IN A DOUBLE ENTRY.

We apologize for this inconvenience. However, we want to be certain you are entered well before the deadline of December 3rd.

TO BE SURE, PLEASE GO TO www.dvlottery.state.gov AND RE-ENTER NOW!

Good luck and best wishes,
Customer Support Team

Diamond_009:
So House when i received this message,i did so and i re-applied at www.dvlottery.state.gov,unfortunatly I was among successful dv2009 applicants and also some of my friends that applied during that period received this message aswell.
So my mind is not at rest because i'm not sure whether they apply for me through their site or not.
So guzy,
Please help me to judge this case & REPLY me whether this 2009 ENTRY APPLICATION is
DOUBLE ENTRY OR NOT ?
Please House await your suggestion

Diamond_009

I dont think its a double entry. If I understand you correctly,the mail from AAI says they could not upload your entry hence you were advised to do it yourself.