• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

There is a question i would like to ask . Assuming a married woman who is pregnant and her delivery time falls in the month of her interview and if she gives birth a week after her interview how can she travel with the new born baby .
Or alternatively if she gives birth a week before her interview can she still notify KCC about the inclusion of the baby.
( note she's not the principal applicant)

if you give birth after the interview, u can travel with the baby to the US and at the point of entry, u're child will be given permanent resident status too.

Guys, as a single applicant, do I still need to have a sponsor?

You need an affidavit of support or any financial backing. I went for my interview without any on grounds that it wasn't listed as one of the requirements in my 1st and 2nd NL but my visa issuance had to be delayed until i sent them one. Goodluck

if you give birth after the interview, u can travel with the baby to the US and at the point of entry, u're child will be given permanent resident status too.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply ,I have to ask you two questions.

1.Do you mean the child can travel without visa ?

2. But i will also like you to clear this to me , what about if my wife had the baby a month before the interview and already we have gotten our interview date from KCC, can we still notify KCC about the new born baby?

hello house,
i have spoken to some Lawyers,but i am yet to decide on the Firm to use.is the colour of the paper given at the interview important?as in what does White or Blue stands for?

Thanks Onyii for our welcoming note.I gained a lot of knowledge in completing my DV forms from this forum.Also,am preparing for my interview from the experience shared here.Am praying hard.Athough,I have been a viewer for over 6month.Somehow I was not able to add my signature like everyone else has done.Today I just email the moderator and he has now given permision for me to add my signature.

Called Kcc.

I called Kcc to confirm my interview date, I was told that it is still processing and that i should call back by 6 weeks from now. My question is that is it still possible to be interview by Dec. since 6 wks will be about 18th of Dec.
Pls do anyone have any view to that. Thanks

What i deduced

I called Kcc to confirm my interview date, I was told that it is still processing and that i should call back by 6 weeks from now. My question is that is it still possible to be interview by Dec. since 6 wks will be about 18th of Dec.
Pls do anyone have any view to that. Thanks

Hi,

I think your interview time will be February09 ‘cos I had the same issue when I called them. I called KCC in July to find out when my interview is likely to be ‘cos I do a lot of work traveling and it will allow me plan my time. I was asked to call back mid September which I did b4 the bulletin came out and I was told my interview will be 2months after. When the bulletin came out it confirmed the 2months.

So I believe it takes approximately 2months to have your interview after it’s been confirmed that you’re scheduled by the bulletin for people that submitted on time. This is done to allow ample time to prepare docs and i believe same thing applies even if you submit late. To buttress that the interview letter (2nd NL) is usually dated 2months b4 your interview for example mine was dated 15th sept08 and my interview is going to be November08.

So I think you won’t have your interview in December bcos those scheduled for December would have been arranged by October and sent letter dated mid October.

That is what i deduced.

Last edited by a moderator:
back to base

hi all,

I picked up our passport on Monday, know back in Germany.
wishing all going for interview success in Jesus name.

Hi guys, I want to say this, you guys are doing a very good job. I'm really happy the way nigerians are discussing issues concerning.This is what we need to build our nation and help our neighbours. I will like to draw our attention further, there are lots of people out there that have various issues and they look for answer from people that have similiar experience.
Please Like we all know that this forum is mainly for immigration,visa and lottery. But there are other areas in our life that need a great change.
Lot of people are out there that looking for advice on health , education. business etc. For this purpose www.gumnigerians.com is created to give nigerians the great priviledge to dicuss about issues affect people, industries, religions and the nation herself. I will encourage every great participants in this forum to join and build a forum where nigerians can get answer for their problems.
Please take few minutes to visit the site and click on any image to get to the forum and please feel free to add any question and reply to any post.
Together we can make great Nation

Visa bulletin for January

Visa bulletin is out check the link below for more details:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4384.html

For January, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2009 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 18,300
Egypt 10,800
Ethiopia 10,000
Nigeria 8,400

ASIA 8,300
EUROPE 15,400
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 4
OCEANIA 480
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 790

Error in DSP 122

Hi all,
I so much appreciate every body's effort in this forum.Thank you all.Plz.I filled in 633 in the Dsp 122 form where they asked for rank order number(Case number on envelope).But the case number was clearly specified on the top right hand corner of all the forms as instructed.Will this really be a serious problem?Is it advisable to maill KCC or is it a minor issue or what should I do?I need your advise plzzzzz.Thanks.
case number:2009AF0006xxxx
12 may'08:Received NL
06 jun'08:sent form to KCC
Awaiting the koko.:)

Mail KCC

Hi all,
I so much appreciate every body's effort in this forum.Thank you all.Plz.I filled in 633 in the Dsp 122 form where they asked for rank order number(Case number on envelope).But the case number was clearly specified on the top right hand corner of all the forms as instructed.Will this really be a serious problem?Is it advisable to maill KCC or is it a minor issue or what should I do?I need your advise plzzzzz.Thanks.
case number:2009AF0006xxxx
12 may'08:Received NL
06 jun'08:sent form to KCC
Awaiting the koko.:)

Hi,

I suggest you mail KCC to make the corrections. Menwhile, is your case number over 60,000?

To make your signature go to USER CP then edit signature to fill in your details instead of filling it in every time.

Good Luck.

Thanx 4real4u,
Thanks for the expeditious response,but a bit skeptical about mailing kcc(They hardly respond to such mails,that is with respect to previous experience from past years' thread)Will this actually prevent them from sending my ''koko''?The case number was clearly written on top right hand corner of all the forms.I know they are sometimes funny anyway.Besides,my case number is actually high but my country of chargeability is not Nigeria but Africa.Remember last year final cut off was 63,xxx for africa,just keep my fingers crossed and looking unto Baba God till sept.2009.

Do it

Thanx 4real4u,
Thanks for the expeditious response,but a bit skeptical about mailing kcc(They hardly respond to such mails,that is with respect to previous experience from past years' thread)Will this actually prevent them from sending my ''koko''?The case number was clearly written on top right hand corner of all the forms.I know they are sometimes funny anyway.Besides,my case number is actually high but my country of chargeability is not Nigeria but Africa.Remember last year final cut off was 63,xxx for africa,just keep my fingers crossed and looking unto Baba God till sept.2009.

Guy,

Just do it to be on the safe side and for your record purposes even if they don't reply which i doubt anyway. Good to know you're on Africa side and not Nigeria 'cos it would have been very difficult.

Good Luck.

Hi all,
My interview has been fixed for the first week in december but up till now i haven't gotten d 2NL. I am about to do d medicals and police cert without it but i dont know if i can go for the interview if it does not arrive b/4 then cos they said that they mailed it since october but i haven't gotten it yet.
Pls help.

proceed.

Hi Obigiali,
I will advise you go ahead to get your police cert.the second letter does not prevent you from getting your police cert.moreover,it will still be valid by december.As for your medicals,I will advise you go the embassy or the authorised hospital and get the medical forms,then proceed to do your medicals.This I believe will prevent you from runningg out of time.Hope this helps.

Hi

Hi Obigiali,
I will advise you go ahead to get your police cert.the second letter does not prevent you from getting your police cert.moreover,it will still be valid by december.As for your medicals,I will advise you go the embassy or the authorised hospital and get the medical forms,then proceed to do your medicals.This I believe will prevent you from runningg out of time.Hope this helps.

I also forgot to write my case number at the right hand corner of my forms but when i wrote KCC they replied it will not affect my chance of getting the visa

Hi all,
My interview has been fixed for the first week in december but up till now i haven't gotten d 2NL. I am about to do d medicals and police cert without it but i dont know if i can go for the interview if it does not arrive b/4 then cos they said that they mailed it since october but i haven't gotten it yet.
Pls help.

My own suggestion to you is that , print out the mail sent to by Kcc that your interview is First week in December and take it to the embassy to pick up the forms for medical and go to the hospital to start your medicals.

Thank u guys for your advice but does this mean that i cant do the medicals without the forms cos i heard that at kamorass, they know all the tests we r supposed to do.