• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Livewire is right.....

I dont think you can have your interview in the UK except if you're legally residence there. (You might need to verify this pls, as am not really sure.)
You'll hvae to do the police clearance here, depending on how long you've left Naija.

A family can sponser herself, if you can show enough evidence.

all d best.

livewire is right. since your Case Number is 2009AF00----, the AF signify that you are African and thus every other processing like the Medicals, Police certificate etc will be in Nigeria. Am sure ur interview will be in Nigeria.

Did you guys

livewire is right. since your Case Number is 2009AF00----, the AF signify that you are African and thus every other processing like the Medicals, Police certificate etc will be in Nigeria. Am sure ur interview will be in Nigeria.

Hi,

I'm not sure you guys understood the guy, he said he lives in London with his family, i think b4 somebody can say that he must be a legal resident. All he needs is answer to his question.

You can sponsor yourself if you can meet the poverty guideline for DV may be with money in your account and/or assets. Go through the CP experience below and you'll confirm people do that a lot. As per medicals if you're based in the UK as claimed you can do your medicals in London at Knightsbridge Doctors and your UK police certificate at scotland yard but for Nigeria police certificate you'll apply via nigeria embassy in london who will ask you to do your finger printing with your local police then send to Alagbon in Nigeria for PC issuance. Also, it doesn't matter if your case no starts with AF, even if it starts with AF and you're resident in UK you can decide to have you interview in London. I am from Nigeria with AF case no and my interview is in London, so no hassles as per that too.

Guys lets try and give the right information 'cos people are here to get that and nothing less.

http://www.visa-talk.com/personal-experiences/205-my-cp-experience-london.html

Someone else's used the same thing of recent but i couldn't get my hands on the thread. I hope it helps.

Meanwhile, do we have people in the house who will like to give us the 1st set of experience for the DV2009 interview which commence today.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
I had mine today. It was just 30 mins but good.
Q. Why the US depite recession
A. ...........

The most interesting thing abt it was that the asked only my high school certificate despite the fact that, i mentioned other higher degrees in the form.

I could have been shouting praises with my visa now but for the fact that, i did not have my AOS and police certificate for current resident. Was however congratulated as they took my passport and aslked me to send missing docs when i get them. Will get my visa by mail when the docs are recieved

Wish many others the best

I will differ on that fact of processing being done in America. It depends on the choice he made in his first NL. Am also AF but decided to do my CP in my current country of resident which did not pose a question. I just presented my Police certificate for my country of changeability and dat was it.

Exactly

A. ...........

The most interesting thing abt it was that the asked only my high school certificate despite the fact that, i mentioned other higher degrees in the form.

I could have been shouting praises with my visa now but for the fact that, i did not have my AOS and police certificate for current resident. Was however congratulated as they took my passport and aslked me to send missing docs when i get them. Will get my visa by mail when the docs are recieved

Congrats.

As per your question, i think it is better to enter US now if you have money 'cos with the recession you can get things cheaply especially houses and when it is over you're made. I just believe the recession will only last for few more years and things will start booming again, for people who make use of the opportunity. I have a friend in US now he's bought 4 houses with the money he would have used to buy 1/2 houses. So to me i think it is the best time for foreigners to come in and invest.

I would like to seek an advice from everybody,someone very close to me won the DV 2009 Lottery;But has the following challenge:
The principal Applicant has only three credit from her high school but meets the Occupation Requirement.
she Is Going to write the forthcoming GCE exams in september 2008,with the result set to be out by January/february 2009.
She Has received her notification since April 2008.
Please we need your advice on whether she should send the Forms to KCC with the Occupation Option.

Hope To Hear from You soon. Thanks in anticipation for your support.

SENT FROM KCC: APRIL 4 2008
NL RECIEVED MAY 5 2008
CASE NUMBER : 2009AF00008XXX
SENT : YET TO SEND

Please advice us on what to do,plssssssssss Help...............

Uhmm

I would like to seek an advice from everybody,someone very close to me won the DV 2009 Lottery;But has the following challenge:
The principal Applicant has only three credit from her high school but meets the Occupation Requirement.
she Is Going to write the forthcoming GCE exams in september 2008,with the result set to be out by January/february 2009.
Please we need your advice on whether she should send the Forms to KCC with the Occupation Option.

NL RECIEVED MAY 5 2008

Guy,

I'm not really sure what she can do but i know if you go through dv2008 you will get your answer 'cos it happened to somebody on the forum.

My own advice is she should hold on to the form till around mid January 2008 leaving about 1month prior to the result coming out and then send the form. With that i think her case no won't be current till around March/April 09 and she can then present the GCE result.

I think the most important thing is making sure the results are fine this time around.

Meanwhile, what's her occupation and how did she know she meets the occupational requirements?. Has she checked at the right place for the right occupations?. If she's 100% sure then she can send the forms in and wait for her case no to be current for may be January09.

I hope that helps and good luck.

Good Luck.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm not sure you guys understood the guy, he said he lives in London with his family, i think b4 somebody can say that he must be a legal resident. All he needs is answer to his question.

You can sponsor yourself if you can meet the poverty guideline for DV may be with money in your account and/or assets. Go through the CP experience below and you'll confirm people do that a lot. As per medicals if you're based in the UK as claimed you can do your medicals in London at Knightsbridge Doctors and your UK police certificate at scotland yard but for Nigeria police certificate you'll apply via nigeria embassy in london who will ask you to do your finger printing with your local police then send to Alagbon in Nigeria for PC issuance. Also, it doesn't matter if your case no starts with AF, even if it starts with AF and you're resident in UK you can decide to have you interview in London. I am from Nigeria with AF case no and my interview is in London, so no hassles as per that too.

Guys lets try and give the right information 'cos people are here to get that and nothing less.

http://www.visa-talk.com/personal-experiences/205-my-cp-experience-london.html

Someone else's used the same thing of recent but i couldn't get my hands on the thread. I hope it helps.

Meanwhile, do we have people in the house who will like to give us the 1st set of experience for the DV2009 interview which commence today.

Good Luck

I would like to thank those who took time to answer my question, most expecially 4real4u. I really appreciate it. Also, I like what you guys are doing and I will henceforth continue to contribute in my own little way to this forum, that is the least I can do for the benefit of all of us. God bless.

NL RECIEVED MAY 5 2008

Why hold on to the form? Please send the forms as soon as possible. Time is of essence in Diversity Visa processes. If you are really sure that you have checked the U.S Dept of Labor website and you found that the person qualified with the occupation requirement then I don't think that there is need to be afraid because base on that the person can be issued the visa. I know someone who also qualified with only the occupation requirement. But that should not stop the person from sitting for the GCE exam. If the result comes before the interview, good. It can be taken along. Only he/she will have to inform KCC before the interview date. But Please fill and send the forms back to them. It is important.

NL RECIEVED MAY 5 2008

In my candid advice, it is better you send your forms as soon as possible but nevertheless I would suggest you use the work experience. But before you do, please clarify the work experience in the aspect of the DV Lottery that rates the jobs experience based on what job experiences are urgently needed (very high) to job experiences are almost not needed (very low).
Based on what I am seeing, you may be current by December. Please send your forms as soon as possible.
As someone had suggested if you eventually get the result before the interview, praise God.

A. ...........

Congratulations. I wish we all have such an opportunity.
Success to all current this month.
Kongis, by your ID, you have 2009AF*2****. Does it mean your number is about 20,000? Else I suggest you correct your ID

I am a DV winner for 2009. I completed and sent d forms in may. I don't know if i am expected to do anything except wait for d second letter. Someone said i am to apply for a visa while waiting.

I am a DV winner for 2009. I completed and sent d forms in may. I don't know if i am expected to do anything except wait for d second letter. Someone said i am to apply for a visa while waiting.
No just wait and pray your number becomes current

Hi,

Obviously, the person that told you that gave you a wrong information. Firstly, when next you log on again, go to USER CP on top left hand corner, click on signature to put your details like mine below. After that we'll let you know the next stage after having seen your signature and most likely when your interview will likely be.

Please, don't apply for visa o.

To me

Why hold on to the form? Please send the forms as soon as possible. Time is of essence in Diversity Visa processes. If you are really sure that you have checked the U.S Dept of Labor website and you found that the person qualified with the occupation requirement then I don't think that there is need to be afraid because base on that the person can be issued the visa. I know someone who also qualified with only the occupation requirement. But that should not stop the person from sitting for the GCE exam. If the result comes before the interview, good. It can be taken along. Only he/she will have to inform KCC before the interview date. But Please fill and send the forms back to them. It is important.

Over the years I’ve learnt through education and work not to go for fire brigade approach ‘cos you might get fired. I don’t think you should fill and send it immediately based on occupation without getting assurance that it is safe to do so. I reckon if you don’t mind you let the house know the occupation she’s claiming and if possible years of experience she’s had on it.

Since she's not current as of now you can make the necessary verifications before sending it. If you rush in you’ll definitely rush out, so take your time I advice. Moreso, your number is not current yet and if it becomes current they can always treat it anytime, so far it’s been current.

So just give us more information on the occupation she's claiming and more details for the house to access her situation and advice accordingly.

Please, do not rush, DV2009 interview is just starting, sending to KCC will only take couple of days and processing too shouldn't take time.

Good Luck.

Over the years I’ve learnt through education and work not to go for fire brigade approach ‘cos you might get fired. I don’t think you should fill and send it immediately based on occupation without getting assurance that it is safe to do so. I reckon if you don’t mind you let the house know the occupation she’s claiming and if possible years of experience she’s had on it.

Since she's not current as of now you can make the necessary verifications before sending it. If you rush in you’ll definitely rush out, so take your time I advice. Moreso, your number is not current yet and if it becomes current they can always treat it anytime, so far it’s been current.

So just give us more information on the occupation she's claiming and more details for the house to access her situation and advice accordingly.

Please, do not rush, DV2009 interview is just starting, sending to KCC will only take couple of days and processing too shouldn't take time.

Good Luck.

Hello,
I have been a silent reader of this forum for more than a year but unable to register. I was lucky to get it done today and decided to chip in. My response is below:

It takes minimum of 5 months to process a case by KCC either the number is current or not. If she waits till feb for the result to be out, it means she should be expecting her 2nd NL around August 2009. They treat the forms on first come first serve basis. This is from my own experience. I would advise she sends it in and then write KCC when and if the results come out good. Meanwhile, let her tell us the field of specialization as that may help us better in the decision making.

Hope this helps !!!!

BEN

Wishing all DV 2009 Winners best of luck in your interviews.God will see you all through and put smiles on your faces.Thanks

2007 DV Winner
POE (New Jersey)

Points to remember.

Dv 2009 winners please when going for your various interviews arrange all your documents very well,make sure they are complete,always tell the truth when you are being interviewed no matter the situation,dont hide your faces,look directly to the consular when you are being interviwed(eye ball to eye ball).i dont want what happened to me to happen to you guys/babes.my administrative processing lasted for almost six months because there was an error in my waec certificate,but as god would have it after 3 different interviews concerning my case atlast i was issued a visa.
Best of luck

2007 dv winner
poe(new jersey)