• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

affidafit of support

hi all,

need your advice with respect to my sponsors profile.
I received the affidavit of support this week, but I am a bit worried about what it contains.
my sponsor income is about $37,000 annually salary plus $5000 salary differential. he owned about $500,000 worth home, but with about $460,000 of mortgage encumberance. the family is 4 in number and we are three. the wife also work, thus he indicated that she was partially dependent on him.
he also had sponsored a family 2 years ago.
also he did not fill the income directly on the affidavit form, however the leter from the employer detailed the income.
now with his family we are seven, not sure wether his own income is enough for seven people according to the poverty guildeline. not also sure what the implication of omitting his income in affidavit can be, although the employer letter detailled that. Also do not understand what the $5000 salary differential mean. Even though the wife works ,nothing in the affidavit refered to that , athough they the tax return was filled together as indicated by the tax return form he sent.
please advice me.

Dv2010

I am a winner of the DV2009 but as my # is high, I am not really sure that I will be current for an interview as I am living in Egypt. Am I able to apply for the DV2010?

a lil help

hi guys. thanks for this highly informative forum. i am a
dv2009 winner from nigeria with case number 2009AF00005XXX.
1st NL -
Forms returned - 22nd July 2008
KCC confirmed package - 18th August 2008
2nd NL - being awaited.

my questions are as follows:
1. what are my chances of being currest, based on my case No.
2. how many nigerians won dv2009?
3. how soon am i likely to hear from kcc?
Your response will be appreciated.
Promix

affidafit support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi all,

I received the affidavit of support this week, but I am a bit worried about what it contains.
my sponsor income is about $37,000 annually salary plus $5000 salary differential. he owned about $500,000 worth home, but with about $460,000 of mortgage encumberance. the family is 4 in number and we are three. the wife also work, thus he indicated that she was partially dependent on him.
also he did not fill the income directly on the affidavit form, however the leter from the employer detailed the income.
now with his family we are seven, not sure wether his own income is enough for seven people according to the poverty guildeline. not also sure what the implication of omitting his income in affidavit can be, although the employer letter detailled that. Also do not understand what the $5000 salary differential mean. Even though the wife works ,nothing in the affidavit refered to that , athough they the tax return was filled together as indicated by the tax return form he sent.
please advice me, I have posted this since 3 days ago but no response please help me.

hi guys. thanks for this highly informative forum. i am a
dv2009 winner from nigeria with case number 2009AF00005XXX.
1st NL -
Forms returned - 22nd July 2008
KCC confirmed package - 18th August 2008
2nd NL - being awaited.

my questions are as follows:
1. what are my chances of being currest, based on my case No.
2. how many nigerians won dv2009?
3. how soon am i likely to hear from kcc?
Your response will be appreciated.
Promix

Hi,

You're very good and infact current for interview in November 08, see the link below. I think you should have your 2nd NL any moment from now. Start getting your docs together and prepare for interview. As per how many Nigerians won DV2009, i can't really tell.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4357.html

I hope it helps.

Good luck.

You see

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi all,

please advice me, I have posted this since 3 days ago but no response please help me.

You see why we asked you to open it, how would it have been opening it on the interview day. The salary is good for 7people but you have to add the other family's filed for 2years ago 'cos he's still responsible for them, which actually worsen the case. So try get the size of the family he helped and conclude whether he's right for him to sponsor you in the first place.

To me i think he has to refill the form without omitting anything and if possible ask him to combine his income with his wifes' no matter how small, it might help.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks a lot

Hi,

You're very good and infact current for interview in November 08, see the link below. I think you should have your 2nd NL any moment from now. Start getting your docs together and prepare for interview. As per how many Nigerians won DV2009, i can't really tell.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4357.html

I hope it helps.
Good luck.

Thanks a million. you are a lifesaver. pls tell me what the medicals entail. any thing i need to do before then?
Thanks once again.

Medicals

Thanks a million. you are a lifesaver. pls tell me what the medicals entail. any thing i need to do before then?
Thanks once again.

Hi,

Most times people don't start medicals until they receive the 2nd NL but if you'll like to start send an email to kccdv@state.gov to find out when your interview is scheduled and with that you call Kamorass for an appointment, download the medical form then go to Kamorass in Lagos for your medicals. That applies if you're based in Nigeria, but if not let me know and i'll try to give you more info based on your region.

The earlier the better for you 'cos you might get your 2nd NL late, so send them an email now.

Please update your signature with your Case no 2009AF00005XXX via USER CP top left, so that you won't have to write it every time and we can always know you.

You have to get the following before your interview day
1. Police Certificate
2. NPC birth certificate
3. WAEC Certificate/verification
4. Marriage certificate (if applicable)
plus other things listed in your 1st NL.

I hope it helps.

My AOS

I dont no what is happening, my sponsor in newyork sent this mail below to me......

....."You may have to look for a local sponsor as time is not on your side.I had it rough while processing my family dv some years.My account was questioned? It's no big deal locally."......

My question is that can i use a sponsor residing in Nigeria who is a deputy manager in one of these banks and he is married with a child or my sponsor must be in the state. Please any other advice will be appreciated. Thanks all with love.

hello friends in the room , its me sunnyaje please tell those who won the dv 2009 nto come join the room , its helpfull and educative before the interview.

help

what if a mistake was made in the DOB on the form ds-230 and it was noticed and a new form ds-230 was filled with the correct DOB and sent to KCC.Do u think this will affect the interview in any way? Please respond.

Thanks

thanks, more advice needed

hi all,

thanks for all your advice on affidavit of support. I have asked the wife to fill also an affidavit for us. Beside we should have evidence of our personal resources in cash, stocks and land.
the other clarification relates to NPC birth certificate. My wife is the selectee. I am not sure which name should be used on the NPC certificate.
should we used her maiden name or the married name
? please keep in mind that the date the certificate was issued will be indicated.
please i need your advice urgently

medicals b4 2nd NL

hi everyone, u guys are doing great by the way. i hav read about some people having their medicals before arrival of their 2nd NL. from the bulletin, i will be current in november. the issue now is that kcc is still processing forms recieved in july and mine was recieved in august. is there a way i can proceed with medicals meantime? do u guys think i'll still make the nov interview? pls reply'

6 months expiry period

No, he can't 'cos he has to wait till his number becomes current and get the 2nd NL either via post or by email.

I think he might not be current till like April 2009, so he should cool down for now on other docs too 'cos they have 6months expiration period.

Enjoy.

please which documents expire in six months? i only know abt the police certificate which expires in 3 months. pls clarify

Mail

hi everyone, u guys are doing great by the way. i hav read about some people having their medicals before arrival of their 2nd NL. from the bulletin, i will be current in november. the issue now is that kcc is still processing forms recieved in july and mine was recieved in august. is there a way i can proceed with medicals meantime? do u guys think i'll still make the nov interview? pls reply'

Hi,

Did you call or mail them and they said they're processing forms till July or you just assumed? I think what you should do is send them an email to ask when your interview is and if they reply with a definite date then you can print that out, download the medical form and call Kamoras to start your medicals if you're from Nigeria.

Don't bother urself about making it or not, just mail them to find out about your interview and they will advice you accordingly. That will save you a lot of worrying and people telling you different things here.

I hope it helps.

Hi Promix, i asked the same question onthis forum and the answer was the same! call kcc,email kcc bla bla bla!!! I called KCC and was told my case was being processed! i told them my CN will be current in november,then she informed that all interviews for november has already been scheduled and that i should call back after 15th of this month. So if you'll be current in november like me,then please let wait a couple of days more! where do you come from? I'm from Ghana and doing my CP in Germany.

Hi,

Today is the 10th of October 08 and we've not seen much of DV2009 interview experience. What does that imply, no interviews in Nigeria, Africa, UK etc or what?

Please, if you've gone for your interview, let us have your experience so that we can all learn from one another.

Good Luck to everybody.

NPC birth certific

hi all,

thanks for previous advice. stiil need your advice however
My wife is the selectee. should we obtain the NPC birth certificate in her Maiden name or the married name ( my surname)? please I need your advice urgently as we delay getting the NPC certificate untill we are sure of the right name to use

Birth Certificate

hi all,

thanks for previous advice. stiil need your advice however
My wife is the selectee. should we obtain the NPC birth certificate in her Maiden name or the married name ( my surname)? please I need your advice urgently as we delay getting the NPC certificate untill we are sure of the right name to use

Hi,

I guess she must have her birth certificate before you guys got married, if so let her get the NPC certificate in her maiden name.

I don't think it matters even if she wins the DV lottery in her married name but her NPC certificate which should or is suppose to represent her birth certificate at birth must present her father's name and not yours.

That is my thought, i should be right.

Good Luck.

well,
in my own case...my wife's NPC was made in my name.There is a provision where her parents names and state origins would be stated on the attestation letter.logically,since we r married,her documents should read my name.