• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

HI Everyone,
I didn't receive any notice for interview and even my other I485 thru employment was transfered to local office, so I contacted my Congress man office and they contacted local office and this is the reponse they got

“The files are here, but we are awaiting documentation from the State Department. Once received, we will schedule them for an interview.”

any idea what kind of documentation they might be looking for. I remmber 9 years ago when I applied for my visa I was also delayed for 3 month for documents from state department for name check not sure if this is the same or not

Have you called KCC to find out if they have sent your DV file to USCIS?

confused

hello there,

I went for my interview on the 25th of june, it went pretty smooth as the officer only asked a few questions and just mainly verified my I 485.

my confusion is that , the officer didnt stamp my passport, nor did she take my I-94, she just gave me a letter titled: AOS continuation notice... specifying that they are still waiting for diversity packet from KCC.She said a visa number is available and I also have my A#.

I asked the officer if I needed to come for another interview and she said no .

so it has been three weeks and I have had no response , neither has my online status changed to CPO.

Iam wondering if the packet does arrive and my card production is ordered, will my passport remain unstamped and wont have to surrender my !-94??.

and since they have already issued or allocated me my A#, should I still beworried about sept 30???

please advise
:eek:

the officer didnt stamp my passport, nor did she take my I-94 [...] since they have already issued or allocated me my A#, should I still beworried about sept 30???

Why don't you ask KCC, make an infopass, and write to your congressman? Your DV papers have to be in the file at the time of your interview. If they are not there, it is wrong. Even if visa number is available, until your case is approved (passport is stamped, or the IO just told you so), 9/30 deadline is still something to consider. And the A# is assigned automatically to any accepted I485 application, it is not a sign of approval. Good luck!

Congratulations masematn! Enjoy!

bhshvKTMpk,

You should read through this forum and see other people's interview experiences.

As of the I-134, if you don't have a job and income higher than $17K, you should find an American friend (or a GC holder) to do that form for you. Good Luck!

ItsFototo: Thanks for your advice.

HOWEVER, I REPEAT our I-134 query:
We did not submit I-134 with our AOS application. This forms is submitted with AOS application. If the USCIS wanted our I-134 they would have asked for through RFE.
Therefore, DO WE NEED TO PREPARE ONE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW?

What if someone is legally employed (both applicant & spouse) and making around $40k will we still need this?

Thanks for answering/advising.

Excellent Forum

This forum is really an excellent one. I have been reading the post since last year on receipt of my notification letter. I was really lost when I received the notification letter and had no idea where to begin. Thanks to this forum I learned everything I needed to know and in a few days I will be attending my interview. You are all doing a really great job.....Thank you

ItsFototo: Thanks for your advice.

HOWEVER, I REPEAT our I-134 query:
We did not submit I-134 with our AOS application. This forms is submitted with AOS application. If the USCIS wanted our I-134 they would have asked for through RFE.
Therefore, DO WE NEED TO PREPARE ONE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW?

What if someone is legally employed (both applicant & spouse) and making around $40k will we still need this?

Thanks for answering/advising.

You should be fine if you and your spouse have jobs. However, in some previous cases, the IO asked for I-134 even if the applicant had submitted an employment letter.

To be on the safe side, I would suggest trying to get a I-134 if you can get one. I was in your same situation and I asked a relative to fill out an I-134. At the end, the IO did not ask for that form, but I wanted to have every possible document at the interview just in case.

The bottom line is that it is up to you if you want to have that form.

Do you guys know: Is tax-return copy and few recent pay-stubs copies good enough as supporting documents to the I-134 form? Thanks.

This forum is really an excellent one. I have been reading the post since last year on receipt of my notification letter. I was really lost when I received the notification letter and had no idea where to begin. Thanks to this forum I learned everything I needed to know and in a few days I will be attending my interview. You are all doing a really great job.....Thank you

This is good to hear but it will nice if you could post your signature and any experience so others who are reading the forum can benefit from it!!

I have posted my signature for eveyone to see. I was asked to submit a new medical on the day of the interview other than that my case went smoothly....I'm hoping that i'll have a smooth interview (next week) process as well. I'm anxious yet nervous but hope and pray that it all goes well.

Calls to USCIS

I noticed from my own experience, and from some other stories, that a call to USCIS, even a very simple one, with a question about either your status or whatever, may result in some action of the officials. I mean situations when the case seems to be stuck without any obvious reasons. Can anybody comment upon it? Has anybody called, but nothing has changed within a few days?

June filers

Guys -

Anybody filed in June (number current in June) and already received interview letter?

I did not get mine yet. Please share your experience.

Thanks!

Cpo?

My status finally changed to CPO:D on the 17th of july, however , after the interview(25th june), i still didnt get my passport stamped and I still have my I-94, so iam wondering I will get my card and not worry about the stamping stuff???

and how long does it usually take for the card to arrive after the status changes to CPO online?

My status finally changed to CPO:D on the 17th of july, however , after the interview(25th june), i still didnt get my passport stamped and I still have my I-94, so iam wondering I will get my card and not worry about the stamping stuff???

and how long does it usually take for the card to arrive after the status changes to CPO online?

Congratulations HEARTBEAT09. In my case it took about two weeks (see my signature). Do not worry about the stamp, you will get the card pretty soon.

Hi ,
I just want to know what is the police certificate?
Is that the same as police report?
My local police doesn't know whats that is ,some could describe how it should be so I can explain them .
What about court report ? how to get that?
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Interview

I had my interview yesterday morning I was seen some 15 minutes after the scheduled interview time. The officer asked several questions mainly from I-485 and I was also asked to produce the original of several documents. There was one document I didn't have and I was allowed until 3:00pm to get it back the office. I got the document and delivered it within the given time frame, even though i thought the interview went smoothly I wasn't given a definite answer regarding my approval, so I was a little miserable yesterday after delivering the document:confused:. However I checked my status this morning and my card production was ordered yesterday so I'm feeling great now:)... I want to say thanks to all in this forum because without you guys I probably would have hired an attorney. Good Luck to all those who are yet to attend an interview and please make sure you have all your original documents and copies of your sponsor's documents.:)

Carib,

Congrats! You got over the painful waiting, which we are going through..

By the way, will you please list what original documents you missed and were asked to show on the interview date? We want to be prepared for the interview...

thanks
:)
soms

Thank you soms...

The orginal documents i was asked to produce were:

All passports(including expired ones) and all employment cards
Original letter from KCC
Proof of DV Fee Payment (stamped receipt)
Birth Certificate
I-20s
I had to get a second medical so i was asked to produce that
High School Diploma
Masters Program Diploma

The officer asked if I was employed I said no and so I was asked for my affidavit of support (the original) . I produced it with other supporting documents but i did not have proof that my sponsor was a US Citizen so i was given until 3:00pm to submit the certificate of naturalization.

Does anyone know how to get a social security card, is it sent automatically or do I have to apply for one..

Quick Question

This is a great forum and i'm really sad that i wasn't aware of it from the beginning.

Anyways, i had my interview today, it went pretty smooth. the officer asked me the same questions on the application and asked me to for i-134 which i gave him he also asked me for my diplomas and my grades which i provided as well. after all of this the officer too my I-94 and told me that he will review my file and send me a notice in 1 or 2 weeks. (he didn't stamp my passport.

Well my question to you guys is, should i be worried about anything or this the normal interview process?

Thanks a lot.

Mirou

If you provided all the documents and information the officer asked for I don't think you should be worried, just give it some time and check your status online.

When I left the interview yesterday i had to return documents and on return I did not see the officer I had to leave them with someone else. I never recevied a definite answer about my case, the officer kept my I-94 and my passport didn't get stamped. However when i checked this morning my online status had changed.