• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

You did AOS, right? Stamped with I-551 stamp? Or with what stamp?
I-551, yes. No approval letter, just a stamp. IO kept I-94 and DS-2019's.

What happened with your birth certificate?
Did you provide a Ukraine-issed one? Or a Russia-issed one? Did it raise any questions?
I went through two courts, both confirmed the fact of my being born in Ukraine, although refused to make any corrections because there had been no violations of the existing laws. Place of birth could be a place of a parent's residence, period. I translated all the paperwork, and submitted everything, plus made a personal statement describing the story in a clear way. And as we see, it worked.

Why is it under review?
I would like to know it myself!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are both courts in jurisdiction of Russia, not Ukraine, right?
No corrections, you mean, to the Russia-issued birth certificate?

plus made a personal statement describing the story in a clear way
Statement to the consul? Did you provide it preventively or on the consul's request?
No more questions were asked?
But the status is still "case under review..."
How do you know? From an oral statement? or from a written one? If so, what exactly does the statement say?

Are both courts in jurisdiction of Russia, not Ukraine, right? No corrections, you mean, to the Russia-issued birth certificate?
Courts are in Russia, yes. Ukraine is out of question here. BC cannot be issued more than once - that is the position of Ukrainian authorities, btw.

Statement to the consul?
Which consul? I am doing AOS. My paperwork went to Chicago.

How do you know? From an oral statement? or from a written one? If so, what exactly does the statement say?
USCIS online status: interview completed, but case is under required review by an IO.

I meant CIS officer.
AOS package is not addressed to any particular officer. I submitted an I-485 and all the relevant documents.

Any reference. Exact wording is needed. It might have a very narrow meaning.
Well, my friend, I am sick and tired of that almost a year long story. And I do not need anything else. As you most likely know, courts in Russia accept cases only from the citizens who live in the district of this court. The same with Ukraine. Since I am a formal Russian resident, my case can be accepted only in Russia, in the city and district where I live, or used to live, to be correct. And nothing bothers me less then the width of meaning from the perspective of Ukrainian officials. I am happy with what I have, that is, with a legal court decision regarding my true place of birth.

Congratulations, anyway!

I submitted an I-485 and all the relevant documents.
Do you mean you submitted the documents from both courts at the time of initial submission, not during the interview?

So, during the interview no questions were asked about your chargeability to Ukraine?

Congratulations, Jarev! Enjoy!

rabie80, you have to find an American friend (or a GC holder) to fill out an I-134 form for you. His /her annual income has to be more than $17K and they have to give you supporting documents to prove their income or other assets. Get the form USCIS website and read the instructions.

masematn, can you give us some details about your case? Did you post your interview experience?

Hey guys, can anyone tell me if copies of the sponsor's tax-return form and a few pay-stubs are good enough as I-134 supporting documents?

Thanks.

ItsFototo, I have a job and I have my own income. Why do I need a sponsor? Can't I support my self??

Actually my income last year was $16500. Do you think that is enough so I do not need a aponsor???

I always heard that the Affidavid of Financial Support is not required for DV-based applicants for AOS. Is that true?

Congratulations, anyway!

Do you mean you submitted the documents from both courts at the time of initial submission, not during the interview?

So, during the interview no questions were asked about your chargeability to Ukraine?
Thank you! And yes, you are right, I sent everything to Chicago. At the interview I was asked where I had been born, and that's it, no other questions about my BC. The IO even didn't ask for originals. The only thing he seemed interested in was my title deed for the house - he took it and xeroxed.

Cpo

Aha! Online status changed to "card production ordered." And at the same day I received a welcome letter. Strangely enough, the notice date of the welcome letter is 7/2, which is the date of the interview. However, the online status from 7/2 till 7/9 was "case under review."

rabie80,

My income is about that much too, which is very close to the bottom limit. That's why, to be on the safe side, I got a friend of mine to do an I-134 for me? It seems like last year some people got through without it. However, more often they ask for it. It's in the list, that I received, for required documents.

Aha! Online status changed to "card production ordered." And at the same day I received a welcome letter. Strangely enough, the notice date of the welcome letter is 7/2, which is the date of the interview. However, the online status from 7/2 till 7/9 was "case under review."

Congratulations masematn. Your journey is finally over. Enjoy!

Congratulations masematn. Your journey is finally over. Enjoy!
Thank you, Jarev. It was indeed a pleasure to receive these welcome letters. Now we are waiting for just one last letter, for my wife. Thinking of going somewhere... nice!

Thank you, Jarev. It was indeed a pleasure to receive these welcome letters. Now we are waiting for just one last letter, for my wife. Thinking of going somewhere... nice!

Congratulations masematn. I hope you receive your card soon. I just want to ask you one question. Did they ask you during the interview for affidavit of financial support (I-864 or I-134 or anything else)???

Did they ask you during the interview for affidavit of financial support (I-864 or I-134 or anything else)???
No, they didn't. My set of financial documents was simple: letter from the current employer, job offer, and papers for the house.

card received

The story is over, today I received this piece of plastic that has so much fuss about it. It became a good tradition already, and I am glad to join my voice to it expressing a deep feeling of gratefulness to all those who created this forum, and to all those who shared a lot of valuable information with me.

State department

HI Everyone,
I didn't receive any notice for interview and even my other I485 thru employment was transfered to local office, so I contacted my Congress man office and they contacted local office and this is the reponse they got

“The files are here, but we are awaiting documentation from the State Department. Once received, we will schedule them for an interview.”

any idea what kind of documentation they might be looking for. I remmber 9 years ago when I applied for my visa I was also delayed for 3 month for documents from state department for name check not sure if this is the same or not

PLEASE ADVISE HOW TO PREPARE FOR INTERVIEW. Example: what type of questions to expect at interview? How long is the interview? Do we have to remember exact dates or say just month/year rather then date? DO THEY ASK TRICKY QUESTIONS? etc

Imados already mentioned not to worry about Fingerprint/biometrics as they have these from previous application (about 10months ago). Anyway, we have received Interview letter and but we have not received Biometrics letter!

Did anyone have interview in California? How's the experience?

MOST IMPORTANT QUERY:
Do we need I134 from a sponsor? We thought this is not applicable for DV applicants? Also, as we have not submitted with AOS application they would asked an RFE; PLEASE SOMEONE REMOVE OUR ANXIETY, thanks!

Best of Luck to everyone!
Regards