• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

The saga continues....

First of all, Congratulations Kakaco!

Lots of new developments for us this past week! We received our much awaited appointment letter on Tuesday and on Thursday I received my AP! Yay!

What we were not expecting though was to receive another Biometrics appointment notice on Friday! The notice came from the Vermont Service Center, had the same I-485 application numbers but different A#. And to add to the confusion, the appointment was scheduled at a different Application Support Center (still in NJ though).

Our appointment was scheduled for next Saturday (4/18) but we decided to try to sort it out right away and go to the ASC this weekend. We went on Saturday (4/10) and explained our situation. After a quick check with the center's supervisor, we were told that our biometrics had already been captured, our background check was cleared (bonus!) and we could just discard the notice. They then asked us why we filed twice, to which I replied that we did not and I brought up the fact that the 2nd notice had been issued by the Vermont Service Center (the 1st one was issued by the NBC in MO) and more importantly our A#s did not match the one on the NOAs or the 1st biometrics notice. It turns out we each got assigned two numbers - we still don't know why/how - but on the system they are both linked to the same application number so he assured us this should not be a problem. By the way, my A# on my EAD matched the one on the 2nd biometrics notice not the first one, even though they used my fingerprints from the 1st biometrics on the EAD! Interesting isn't it?

Long story short, we did not have to redo biometrics and everything should be fine for the interview. The ASC supervisor we spoke to was extremely nice and friendly and really took the time to check our cases, answer all our questions and advise us for our upcoming interview. That was quite a change from the USCIS agents I spoke to on the phone last Monday...

Hopefully we won't have any more surprise until the interview....

I went to the local office today and asked an update on my case and the officer went inside and took the copies of the last document that I submitted and came back and told me that I have been approved and will receive the card in mail in 2 weeks but he also added that they say two weeks but it could be more. I was way happy but my online status has not been changed and I have not received any emails since there has been no change on my case so I dont know if it is normal, I asked that to the officer and he told me that it is normal but from ur experiences guys I heard that LUD changed right away so what do u guys think???

congrats Kakaco! I am glad everything worked out for the best!! don't worry about the status online- I checked mine today for laughs and it still says that they have accepted my fingerprint fee... which was on October 7, 2008!!

let us know when the card arrives!

I can't find my case online! PLZ HELP!!!

Hi,
When I go online and enter my receipt number I get a message saying that the number is not in the system :mad:.
So I called their 1800 number and I got the same message... Is that normal?
(Knowing that I did my biometrics yesterday).
Thank you!

Update-Successful Interview

We had our interview on Wednesday Apr 8th,and the guy didn't approve us right away and he didn't take our I-94's or EAD's and gave us a piece of paper to contact them in 60 days.

Today we got the email that card production ordered, and also we have received our welcome letters!!

Thanks everyone...especially Johnkent,Dematra,Matutelandia,kakaco and everyone else...I can't thank you guys enough.

Goodluck to everyone who is still in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
interview experience

We had our interview on Wednesday Apr 8th,and the guy didn't approve us right away and he didn't take our I-94's or EAD's and gave us a piece of paper to contact them in 60 days.

Today we got the email that card production ordered.

Thanks everyone...especially Johnkent,Dematra,Matutelandia,kakaco and everyone else...I can't thank you guys enough.

Goodluck to everyone who is still in the process.

Can you pleease post your interview experience?

Finally:)

heyyy guysss!!!! I received my wellcome letter today and my online status has changed today:) can u believe that?? after dealing with me local office for 4 months i received it. I can not explain how happy i am, so i should receive my card in couple days... I can't believe that i am saying that!!! How good it is:)
i just wanted to thank eveybody for all the support, advice in this forum. I could not do it without u...
As being one of most unlucky applicants in this forum, i have couple advices to the new applicants based on my horrible experience.
--first after u receive the notice letter do not forget to send the forms back to Kentucky even if u receive a letter from them stating not to send anything to them(since it cost me 4 extra months)
--do not trust the inexperienced lawyers or the immigration officers at ur local office. trust me you will be more knowlegable than them if u read this forum and the experiences.
-- Your congressman can really help u if u your case is stuck at ur local office so dont hesitate to contact with him/her.
-- Bother ur local office b scheduling infopass appt. to make them work!!!
--After the interview if the officer says that she/he needs to figure out stuff about ur case or further investigation, if it is not releated with the background check try to get her/his contact info if possible, because a phone number from inside will really help u out.
--Finally please share all parts of ur experiences even the problems or actions that u r taking seems not important to u, it can really help somebody else for the future.

i think those r the ones that comes to my mind for now.But i really really want to thank u all from the bottom of my heart for everything...
Ohhh man!!!! i can't believe that it is finally overrr!!!!!!!

Congratulations

heyyy guysss!!!! I received my wellcome letter today and my online status has changed today:) can u believe that?? after dealing with me local office for 4 months i received it. I can not explain how happy i am, so i should receive my card in couple days... I can't believe that i am saying that!!! How good it is:)
i just wanted to thank eveybody for all the support, advice in this forum. I could not do it without u...
As being one of most unlucky applicants in this forum, i have couple advices to the new applicants based on my horrible experience.
--first after u receive the notice letter do not forget to send the forms back to Kentucky even if u receive a letter from them stating not to send anything to them(since it cost me 4 extra months)
--do not trust the inexperienced lawyers or the immigration officers at ur local office. trust me you will be more knowlegable than them if u read this forum and the experiences.
-- Your congressman can really help u if u your case is stuck at ur local office so dont hesitate to contact with him/her.
--After the interview if the officer says that she/he needs to figure out stuff about ur case or further investigation, if it is not releated with the background check try to get her/his contact info if possible, because a phone number from inside will really help u out.
--Finally please share all parts of ur experiences even the problems or actions that u r taking seems not important to u, it can really help somebody else for the future.

i think those r the ones that comes to my mind for now.But i really really want to thank u all from the bottom of my heart for everything...

Congratulations kakaco!!!!!!!!I am soooooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!

heyyy guysss!!!! I received my wellcome letter today and my online status has changed today:) can u believe that?? .....

...Ohhh man!!!! i can't believe that it is finally overrr!!!!!!!

:D SUPER CONGRATULATIONS kakaco !!!! :D
T'was a bumpy road but all's well in the end. Thank you for your participation, updates and best wishes as you move forward.

We had our interview on Wednesday Apr 8th,.... also we have received our welcome letters!!.

:D :D Congratulations to you too santy.

Knowing where we've all been with this process, it's heartening to see success. Best wishes in the U.S of A to you and the hubby!!

Congratulations kakaco!!!!!!!!I am soooooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!

Congratulations to u too santay!!! isn't it a great day!!!We received our welcome letters on the same day:) hope the card will arrive soon...Good luck to u with everything!!!

haha! good things come to those who wait!!

congratulations kakako and santay!

CONGRATULATIONS KAKACO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Man, I feel like we should all celebrate big time ...:) In the mean time let's keep pushing for the gusy that still have to start/coninue the process !

heyyy guysss!!!! I received my wellcome letter today .......
As being one of most unlucky applicants in this forum......

Hey...congrats!!, But pl define 'unlucky' :rolleyes: (like....beating the odds from pool of ~5mil applicants and getting the GC??:confused:)
Anyways, I know what you mean;).....relax and enjoy it, post back when you get the piece of plastic!
All of you 'original' 09 AoS ppl are thru....but what happened to Ausmat7?, the creator of this 09 forum....hope he too is in the 'all clear' lot!

Congratulations kakaco (once again) and to you too santay! It's finally over for you guys. Party time!!!!

Now, question: I am about to file taxes for 2008. My income is pretty low for now (F-1 student, graduated last year, working part time now). I might be eligible for tax credit, but, if I take it, would that make me look bad for the AOS? Also, last year, I got a stimulus checks when I filed my taxes. Is it bad that I take this money from the government? A friend of mine did I-134 for me to cover my low income. However, the purpose of that form is to guarantee that I won't be getting any help from the government. I feel like those tax credits and stimulus checks are exactly that. Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

A friend of mine did I-134 for me to cover my low income. However, the purpose of that form is to guarantee that I won't be getting any help from the government. I feel like those tax credits and stimulus checks are exactly that. Any other thoughts?
I don't think it is exactly that. It is obviously something different. Help is what you ask for (with or without a piece of cardboard "anything helps"...). Tax credit and stimulus check are given out regardless of your need - if you qualify, you get it, but even if you do, you do not need to ask for it.