• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

interview

I'm in Houston. Let's cross our fingers for a smooth interview ;)

That's good Matutelandia,

You know I am from houston too.I always recieved letters from USCIS couple days after you .So If you recieved interview letter, it means i will get it soon hopefully. Keep posting.

01/06/2009----Biometrics Done
Waiting interview letter.

I hope you get your letter soon Mikkaha. I did not understand what you meant with "cut-off number starts" ???? Do you mean the DV number that appears next to the barcode ?

Thanksss so much guysss for ur support!!! I will be on a plane to go home in 4 hours and I hope i can just take a break from all these madness:) I mailed a letter to my congressman 2 days ago and I am hoping to hear smth soon, I really appreciate for ur support, suggestions and comments....
Specials thanks to Dfdo for all ur suggestions and time, I sent a good one to the congressman ;)
I hope i will give good news soon and take care guys!!!

Thanksss so much guysss for ur support!!! I will be on a plane to go home in 4 hours and I hope i can just take a break from all these madness:) I mailed a letter to my congressman 2 days ago and I am hoping to hear smth soon, I really appreciate for ur support, suggestions and comments....
Specials thanks to Dfdo for all ur suggestions and time, I sent a good one to the congressman ;)
I hope i will give good news soon and take care guys!!!

we will be keeping our fingers crossed for you!!

keep us posted once you return.... and have a great time with your family!

Hi,
My number is becoming current in March and I am planning to do FedEx Overnight tomorrow, so that it will reach them on Monday 1st March. I am little confused between new and old address. Anyone who did FedEx/UPS, Please share the correct address.

... Anyone who did FedEx/UPS, Please share the correct address.

on the I485 instrucions:
for courier/express delivieries:

USCIS
Attn: AOS
131 South Dearborn -3rd floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5520

...and check if your forms are updated.

I applied on December as well, no interview letter yet. If we follow the trend it's been going on this year, we should be getting the letters around mid February +/- few days....:rolleyes:
May 2008: Fist Notification letter

December 2008: Package sent to Chicago office (with medical record)
December 12, 2008: NOA for finger print.
January 07, 2009: Finger print done
Jan 30 2009: EAD order (Only mine)
Feb 07, 2009: EAD received
Feb 15,2009:I-131 received for all
March 2, 2009:EAD received for my spouse

Still, waiting for interview schedule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does any one adjusting status in PA region? My case number was current on December. Still, I did not receive interview letter. Although, I called to KCC and they informed me that our file transferred to local office on Jan 12, 2009. Do you have any suggestion for next step? Is it better to physically contact in local office?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does any one adjusting status in PA region? My case number was current on December. Still, I did not receive interview letter. Although, I called to KCC and they informed me that our file transferred to local office on Jan 12, 2009. Do you have any suggestion for next step? Is it better to physically contact in local office?

We're still waiting on ours,Our case was transferred the same day(Jan 12) to local office.

Is your spouse's EAD approved yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx NataliaS and Lindina254...

Just curious, my package was received by "J.CLYBA"...Anyone else who had their package received by him?

Good to know jaba,did the status online changed to card production ordered before yesterday or nothing changed and you got the card?

I would not rely on the status online too much. I received my green card two weeks ago and according to the status online, it is still stuck to when they cashed the fingerprinting fee check!!

I would not rely on the status online too much. I received my green card two weeks ago and according to the status online, it is still stuck to when they cashed the fingerprinting fee check!!

hehehe...I have to agree with lindina254. A few years ago I had an EAD approved, but the case status was not updated for 3 years. Even funnier is the fact that they actually sent me an approval email after those three years, long after the EAD had expired.

AOS confusion

Hi everybody,

I am 2009 DV winner AS14***. I have opted for AOS. I need your suggestions in these matters.

1. Where to file I-485? Chicago Lockbox or local CIS?
2. For affidavit of support: I am H4, and have money in my bank account in my home country. Will that work ? Also, my spouse has been working under H1(last 6 months) and has some money in his account and has job offer for 6 more months (total one year). Will that serve for affidavit of support?
3. Which form has to be filled for affidavit of support for DV winner opting for AOS?

I appreciate your suggestions.
Thanks
Soms

AOS and affidavit of support

Hi everybody,
I am 2009 DV winner, currently in US and is opting for AOS. I am collecting documents for AOS. I heard I need affidavit of support. I am confused in following matters:
1. Which Form should I use? I-864 or the I-134?
2. Can I get affidavit of support from my husband who is under H1-B visa since last six months?
3. Can I show my money in my bank account in my home country for this?
4. How much money is needed for a family of 3 for support ?
5. where to send the form I-485 Chicago lockbox or local CIS?

Thanks
soms