• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Hey Congrats lindina254 !!!, you did it :).
I visited this forum today after a while and saw, urs wait is finally over. I am glad for you.
My case is still stucked because of the slow processing of district office....well just wish me luck ;-)...

Enjoy your moment !!!

Well my dear AOS family,

the day finally arrived! Late last night as I was sorting through the junkmail, I saw another envelope from USCIS and at first I thought, great, another fingerprint notice, but then I opened it and lo and behold, my Welcome to the United States Letter!!!!

I was so excited! So so happy! I could not believe it! and of course I could not wait to share the good news with everyone on this forum that has been of invaluable support to me!

Of course (as is to be expected of course as we have all learned that USCIS is anything but infallible, often times gives unreliable information, is definitely NOT consistent and makes mistakes all the time!) my LUD still gives a date of 2/3/09.

Thank you thank you all for your help! A particular shoutout to dematra, windv, ALU4E, kakaco, DVWinner09 and good luck to Itsofototo and NataliaS who are dealing with the very strange NYC district office!

Well my dear AOS family,

the day finally arrived! Late last night as I was sorting through the junkmail, I saw another envelope from USCIS and at first I thought, great, another fingerprint notice, but then I opened it and lo and behold, my Welcome to the United States Letter!!!!

Congratulations !!! enjoy your new status !!
I'm so glad everybody in this forum is being succesful so far, it is so important to keep us updated since, as we all know, USCIS is a mess and nobody knwos on what mood or what experience the person who handle your case has.
PERSEVERE AND TRIUMPH !!!!!!!:)

Congratulations !!! enjoy your new status !!
I'm so glad everybody in this forum is being succesful so far, it is so important to keep us updated since, as we all know, USCIS is a mess and nobody knwos on what mood or what experience the person who handle your case has.
PERSEVERE AND TRIUMPH !!!!!!!:)

thank you all for the good wishes!

matutelandia is correct- we have cleared the biggest hurdle by being picked, now we just need to be patient (though at times it is REALLY hard!) !!!!

:D

i HAVE SOME GOOD AND BAD NEWS, WHICH ONE SHOULD i start with first?

Let's start with the good news;
Me and my family recieved the GCs yesterday and every one was happy and excited.

Now the bad news:
In the eveining I checked again our GCs and found out that, they misprinted the "SEX" of my son and wrote down "F" instead of "M".
I called the 800# and the lady told me to send the card and I-90 form and if they found the mistake was from my side, they may reject the case, if it was from their side, they will issue another card.
this scared me.

I hang up and called again.
I talked to a guy who told me that I have to send again with the I-90 form.
I asked about the rejection of my son's case, he said no, the worest case is that you have to pay $370 as fees.
Now I'm preparing the forms to send it to them....

Any suggestions???????????

I doubt that they would reject the case. Did you check the forms to see whether or not the mistake was accidentally done by you or your lawyers?

It was probably just a typo- I think you would have noticed if they had written the wrong sex down during the process up until now....

Is anyone else here doing AOS in San Francisco? As you can see from my sig, no movement on the I-485 since I went in for biometrics on 12/2/08. Just curious whether they are a slow office or not. The Field Office Process Dates (which I know are not directly relevant) say they were processing June 08 in November 08.

I called the National Customer Service Center but they were not helpful (said that DV cases are not given priority, even after checking with a supervisor).

GC received

My husband and I received our GCs' on the 9th & 12th respectively.i want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone in this forum. you all made this processing easy for us. we had no idea of where to start from or what to do until we found this forum. THANK YOU ALL. i wish those that have not completed their processing the best of luck.

F-1 & online classes

Was wondering if someone can point for me the immigration rules governing online classes for F-1 visa holders. Like if you take 15 credit hours online and none in traditional class will you jeopardize your status. My ISO seems not to understand this.

Was wondering if someone can point for me the immigration rules governing online classes for F-1 visa holders. Like if you take 15 credit hours online and none in traditional class will you jeopardize your status. My ISO seems not to understand this.

8 C.F.R. § 214.2(f) (6) (i) (G) States that:
G) For F 1 students enrolled in classes for credit or classroom hours, no more than the equivalent of one class or three credits per session, term, semester, trimester, or quarter may be counted toward the full course of study requirement if the class is taken on-line or through distance education and does not require the student's physical attendance for classes, examination or other purposes integral to completion of the class. An on-line or distance education course is a course that is offered principally through the use of television, audio, or computer transmission including open broadcast, closed circuit, cable, microwave, or satellite, audio conferencing, or computer conferencing. If the F 1 student's course of study is in a language study program, no on-line or distance education classes may be considered to count toward a student's full course of study requirement. (Revised effective 1/1/03)

It's always heartbreaking to see people who are supposed to be immigration experts but are just as oblivious to the rules as the rest of us. A lot of internation student advisors (and immigration lawerys) simply don't know jack!

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt that they would reject the case. Did you check the forms to see whether or not the mistake was accidentally done by you or your lawyers?

It was probably just a typo- I think you would have noticed if they had written the wrong sex down during the process up until now....

I discovered that it is a mistake from my side.
All the forms has the correct gender, except the I-485.
I already sent the card with I-90 form and cover letter along with the supporting documents.

AOS Package

HI EVERYONE,

My number will be current this March and I am tring to get all my paper works done before that time so I send my package, but I am not able to get any appointment with my local office, everytime I go to info pass they say there are not appointment avialable.
so

1) What forms exactly I need to prepare ?
2) Can I prepare the forms without meeting with local office or not?

Thanks

Inteview

Does the interview schedule depends on the Biometrics ( NC ) being cleared or a certain period of time say 8 weeks from the biometrics date?

HI EVERYONE,

My number will be current this March and I am tring to get all my paper works done before that time so I send my package, but I am not able to get any appointment with my local office, everytime I go to info pass they say there are not appointment avialable.
so

Thanks

See attached pdf , it should help.
You can just go ahead and file for AoS provided your status in US is 'clean' and you never had a J1 visa which need a waiver to apply for a green card.

Cr to BabaraLamb for the attachment.

good luck

Dfdo/

HI EVERYONE,

so

Thanks[/QUOTE

انت مصرى؟

Hi Everyone,
We got our medicals done...both of us had to have a Tetanus and MMR done again even though we've had them in the pastand gave proof...
It cost us $280 each.

It took us two visits. The first visit was for the TB skin test,they inject some fluid in your skin and on the second visit they check to see the reaction. I was told that if it is very red and swollen then u have TB..we were both clean.

Well,we had two shots each for Valentines...and somehow we were happy about it:)

Well my dear AOS family,

I was so excited! So so happy! I could not believe it! and of course I could not wait to share the good news with everyone on this forum that has been of invaluable support to me!

Of course (as is to be expected of course as we have all learned that USCIS is anything but infallible, often times gives unreliable information, is definitely NOT consistent and makes mistakes all the time!) my LUD still gives a date of 2/3/09.

Thank you thank you all for your help! A particular shoutout to dematra, windv, ALU4E, kakaco, DVWinner09 and good luck to Itsofototo and NataliaS who are dealing with the very strange NYC district office!

lindina254!!!
I am so so happy for u, you should be so happy!!! Just enjoy it and good luck with everything!!!!

I discovered that it is a mistake from my side.
All the forms has the correct gender, except the I-485.
I already sent the card with I-90 form and cover letter along with the supporting documents.

ALU4E,
I hadn't noticed you finally received your GC, but a big CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family nonetheless. Best wishes to y'all. :D

8 C.F.R. § 214.2(f) (6) (i) (G) States that:
G) For F 1 students enrolled in classes for credit or classroom hours, no more than the equivalent of one class or three credits per session, term, semester, trimester, or quarter may be counted toward the full course of study requirement if the class is taken on-line or through distance education and does not require the student's physical attendance for classes, examination or other purposes integral to completion of the class. An on-line or distance education course is a course that is offered principally through the use of television, audio, or computer transmission including open broadcast, closed circuit, cable, microwave, or satellite, audio conferencing, or computer conferencing. If the F 1 student's course of study is in a language study program, no on-line or distance education classes may be considered to count toward a student's full course of study requirement. (Revised effective 1/1/03)

It's always heartbreaking to see people who are supposed to be immigration experts but are just as oblivious to the rules as the rest of us. A lot of internation student advisors (and immigration lawerys) simply don't know jack!

Thanks Dematra for pointing this out for me, this semester this ISO allowed me to enroll for 3 online courses and one traditional class ( total 12 credit hours). Will this put me in trouble in future?