• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Does any one knows, where the interview letter is coming from, the local USCIS after they recieve our files or the Chicago Lock box after reviewing the files?

Local office.

Thanks for the reply.
But this might be a problem for me.
Because during my infopass last week, they told me that, my case may take at least 9 - 12 month.
I tried to explain that the time frame of DV cases, but he said, it does not matter..

This is scarey.....

Thanks for the reply.
But this might be a problem for me.
Because during my infopass last week, they told me that, my case may take at least 9 - 12 month.
I tried to explain that the time frame of DV cases, but he said, it does not matter..

This is scarey.....

I don't think they really know about the dv case.They say regular processing time for I-485.It dosen't mean it will take that much longer.But i can suggest if u don't recieve anything in couple months call service center, one of my friend 2008 winner his number was current in october and he got interview in july after he called to center.

I don't think they really know about the dv case.They say regular processing time for I-485.It dosen't mean it will take that much longer.But i can suggest if u don't recieve anything in couple months call service center, one of my friend 2008 winner his number was current in october and he got interview in july after he called to center.

Thanks Mikkaha.
Do you mean, USCIS center?

Thanks Mikkaha.
Do you mean, USCIS center?

ALU4E,

my # was current on October, and still don't have biometric (but looks like biometric is no big deal, as i can get the biometric letter during infopass after showing my interview letter, which i'm still waiting for). They also told me it could take up to 12 months for interview.

ALU4E,

my # was current on October, and still don't have biometric (but looks like biometric is no big deal, as i can get the biometric letter during infopass after showing my interview letter, which i'm still waiting for). They also told me it could take up to 12 months for interview.

So, do you think it is too early to worry, or do we have to start looking for a lawyer to handle our case.

Just to update you AOS guys out there.
In Nepal (Asia) people with case numbers upto 7,000 have already got their visas stamped.
Wow, AOS is really slow.

So, do you think it is too early to worry, or do we have to start looking for a lawyer to handle our case.
We should be worried but not that much.
BTW where is your field office? It really depends on the processing time of I485 for ur field office.

We should be worried but not that much.
BTW where is your field office? It really depends on the processing time of I485 for ur field office.

I'm in East VA.
According to the website, they are processing April 2008.
But I have read in another thread that, these dates are not accurate at all.
So, what is the processing time for your office?
Keep me updated, and I'll do the same thing.

I'm in East VA.

you should be allright then, my processing time is july 2007 so you should be processed faster, I guess. I'll keep updating about my case.

About form I-765

Hi everyone,
Thank you for all the great help.

I have a question regarding section 16 on the form I-765: it's asking for the number and letter of the category that makes us eligible to get an EAD (in the following format:
(-----) (-------) (-------)

Can someone please tell me what to put?

Thank you!

Hi everyone,
Thank you for all the great help.

I have a question regarding section 16 on the form I-765: it's asking for the number and letter of the category that makes us eligible to get an EAD (in the following format:
(-----) (-------) (-------)

Can someone please tell me what to put?

Thank you!

will be (c) (9) ( )

I'm in East VA.

Yes, the local processing date is not accurate.
I live in Southern California and processing date in my local office is Jan 08 but I already received interview appointment for feb.
I think processing dates for DV cases are given priority compare to those regular AOS application.
I found this 485 operating procedure online eventhough it's old, I don't think it is much different now: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/august2002_citation2b.pdf. Hope this helps.

Yes, the local processing date is not accurate.
I live in Southern California and processing date in my local office is Jan 08 but I already received interview appointment for feb.
I think processing dates for DV cases are given priority compare to those regular AOS application.
I found this 485 operating procedure online eventhough it's old, I don't think it is much different now: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/august2002_citation2b.pdf. Hope this helps.

I sent AOS package, one day aftrer you sent yours, 10/21.
I recieved the EAD card but no interview yet.
I don't know if both EAD and I-485 are processed by local office or not.
But if there is something wrong they wouldn't send EAD, am I right?

I sent AOS package, one day aftrer you sent yours, 10/21.
I recieved the EAD card but no interview yet.
I don't know if both EAD and I-485 are processed by local office or not.
But if there is something wrong they wouldn't send EAD, am I right?

As far as I know EAD is processed by the USCIS center office and 485 is partly processed by the center office and then got forwarded to the local office for interview.

If there is something wrong, they would send you a letter saying what's wrong with your application.

If I were you, I would give it some more time, at least until Jan 20 (3 months from date of application) then try to do infopass again and find out what the status is. It seems the average processing time for DV cases is between 3 to 4 months.

As far as I know EAD is processed by the USCIS center office and 485 is partly processed by the center office and then got forwarded to the local office for interview.

If there is something wrong, they would send you a letter saying what's wrong with your application.

If I were you, I would give it some more time, at least until Jan 20 (3 months from date of application) then try to do infopass again and find out what the status is. It seems the average processing time for DV cases is between 3 to 4 months.

Thanks for the info.