• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

I don't know what everyone else did, but I simply detached that receipt page made a copy of it, completed the copy and sent it in.

Side note: when you send in your DS-122 they send you another payment sheet thats more - shall we say - professional looking.
dematra,

Congratulations for your successful interview. I'm sure that made the holidays even better for you.

If I send the detached receipt page now, then whatever receipt they send me with the answer to my DS-122 - I won't need it anymore, I guess. I sent the DS-122 about a month ago. They said, it would take about two months to process it. Should I wait for that receipt instead?

Thanks again.

dematra,

Congratulations for your successful interview. I'm sure that made the holidays even better for you.

If I send the detached receipt page now, then whatever receipt they send me with the answer to my DS-122 - I won't need it anymore, I guess. I sent the DS-122 about a month ago. They said, it would take about two months to process it. Should I wait for that receipt instead?

Thanks again.

Thanks ItsoFototo.

You can just send the one you have now , I'm sure that what most folks do, and thats what I did. That way you can save yourself some waiting time. Hey... then you can keep the second one as a momento. :)

Dematra is right, you don't need to wait for the "more professional looking one" from KCC, just detach the page from the package, I did that and had no problems. They then returned me the same page with a uggly looking stamp saying "Paid month Day Year", that becomes your receipt.

I don't know what everyone else did, but I simply detached that receipt page made a copy of it, completed the copy and sent it in.

Side note: when you send in your DS-122 they send you another payment sheet thats more - shall we say - professional looking.

dematra;
Have u received the wellcome letter yet???if not did they tell u when u would be receiving the card by mail???

*update - Biometrics Notice received and scheduled for Jan 15th! :) You don't have to set up an Infopass for this do you? Just show up at the date and time right?

dematra;
Have u received the wellcome letter yet???if not did they tell u when u would be receiving the card by mail???

kakaco,
No, I haven't received one yet. The IO said to expect one in a "couple of days" and the GC in 30 days. Have you received yours?

For that matter I wonder if Happy09DVWinner received one, we haven't seen an update yet. On this thread and as far as I can tell, only E2B has gotten that far.

*update - Biometrics Notice received and scheduled for Jan 15th! :) You don't have to set up an Infopass for this do you? Just show up at the date and time right?
Nice! More progress for you. No, you don't need to schedule an Infopass appointment. Just show up as instructed in the letter. :)

kakaco,
No, I haven't received one yet. The IO said to expect one in a "couple of days" and the GC in 30 days. Have you received yours?

For that matter I wonder if Happy09DVWinner received one, we haven't seen an update yet. On this thread and as far as I can tell, only E2B has gotten that far.

Nope:( Same as u... I had my interview by 23th of december, she told me to expect smth by mail in 2-3 weeks, so I will be waiting for couple more weeks, I will keep u posted...

I am guessing USCIS is working on a totally skewed timeline this year. With the delayed biometrics and what not, who knows whats going on over there :confused:

I had my interview over two weeks ago and haven't heard a peep from them. CSSO still says "Case Pending". Hmmmmm.....makes me wonder.....:confused:

HI Guys,
I am still going thru the thread so ( excuse me if my question is there somewhere, just point me to it)..
my Wife and I got the Letter for DV2009, she is the winner I send back the DS 122 form, and looking for AOS , also send the money to DOS not chashed yet,
My question is about the Background check or the security clearance, how long it will take, I read somewhere about the 6 month time, but the reason I am asking is I have another I485 thru my employer and since I filed it on Aug 2007 I didn't hear back from them not even for a fingerprint, so I am trying to see if I can start this background check earlier?

also what other tips I can use to start my filing as early as possible.
Thanks

HI Guys,
I am still going thru the thread so ( excuse me if my question is there somewhere, just point me to it)..
my Wife and I got the Letter for DV2009, she is the winner I send back the DS 122 form, and looking for AOS , also send the money to DOS not chashed yet,
My question is about the Background check or the security clearance, how long it will take, I read somewhere about the 6 month time, but the reason I am asking is I have another I485 thru my employer and since I filed it on Aug 2007 I didn't hear back from them not even for a fingerprint, so I am trying to see if I can start this background check earlier?

also what other tips I can use to start my filing as early as possible.
Thanks
My suggestion is to read all the threads, from this year and last year, to learn about the whole process. I'm not sure if there is any relation with your other AOS case. DV cases are usually processed faster, 3-4 months from the time you file. I don't know if anybody can say for sure how long the background check takes. To file, you have to wait for your number to become current. Some people have filed earlier in the past, but you risk to get your papers returned.

For current numbers, check the visa bulletin http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

I hope that helps.

Happy New Year and best of luck to everyone!

Biometrics Done ! Just one advice for people who still has to get their fingerprints taken: MAKE SURE YOUR FINGERS ARE HEALTHY AND CLEAN !! They are very picky with the quality of the fingerprints.

Hi guys I'm new but have been checking out ur posts for while....

I didnt send my DS122 to Kcc to inform them that I am doing AOS will this be a problem?
My number will be current in Feb or March 09

And one more thing....I really need to confirm the following:
1) Do i pay$375 for my spouse and and I each to DOS
2)Who exactly do I write out the check to?
3) The exact address of The Chicago Lockbox...I've Come across two and got confused

Yes I have Read All the threads but I need to just verify this stuff with people who have done it first hand

Cheers for the new year..
hope to make new freinds too:)

Hi guys I'm new but have been checking out ur posts for while....

I didnt send my DS122 to Kcc to inform them that I am doing AOS will this be a problem?
My number will be current in Feb or March 09

And one more thing....I really need to confirm the following:
1) Do i pay$375 for my spouse and and I each to DOS
2)Who exactly do I write out the check to?
3) The exact address of The Chicago Lockbox...I've Come across two and got confused

Yes I have Read All the threads but I need to just verify this stuff with people who have done it first hand

Cheers for the new year..
hope to make new freinds too:)

-If you decided to do AOS. you have to send DS122 and DS230 as soon as you can to inform them you will do AOS.
-the fees: $375 each.
- check payable to to Dept. of State, must write your DV case number on the check and the address is on the reciept inclosed in the package you have recieved, you must send the receipt too.

I believe the address is given in i-485 instructions. PO box address is for regular usps mail, other physical location address is for usps express or ups,fedex etc.

I am guessing USCIS is working on a totally skewed timeline this year. With the delayed biometrics and what not, who knows whats going on over there :confused:

I had my interview over two weeks ago and haven't heard a peep from them. CSSO still says "Case Pending". Hmmmmm.....makes me wonder.....:confused:

Dematra dont worry about it, it was holiday time so in last two weeks USCIS offices were closed 2 days this week and 2 days last week, so I am sure that you will be receiving it soon...wishing u the best!!!
by the wa7 my online status says the same, only thing has changed there is EAD and AP status (since I have received both),so we r on the same page...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dematra dont worry about it, it was holiday time ......

yeah..I hear ya! I'm actually not too worried about it. It's just that I was reading posts in the other categories (employment & family based AOS) and it seems things are pretty rough over there. Thank God for DV!!

Last edited by a moderator: