• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

3 to 6 months! that is unbelievable! if Pittsburgh takes that long, I will never get my biometrics done as I am sure that New York is just as long if not longer! What are we supposed to do?

Does this mean Ausmatt7 that you will not get to go home for the holidays? Or will they be able to do something for you after the interview?

this is not good at all!!!
DC office is the slowest one across the nation, that means by the time i get FP lette october 2009 deadline will be gone. this sucks big time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that for many people the process is moving pretty slow. Maybe there's budget cuts or staff shortage in USCIS, considering the overall economy situation. Last year seemed to be much smoother and faster. However, the current numbers are higher this year. Who knows what's going on.

However, the current numbers are higher this year. Who knows what's going on.

Not for every region though. SA only got 40 numbers on January and 10 on February :confused: I was hoping my number to become current in January or February. I guess I'll have to keep waiting.

Good luck to all of you that have already submitted your documents.

Hi Guys, Don't forget the holiday season started.it means process will take slower than usual.I think...Good luck all.

I have heard of some people going through the AOS processes without going through an actual interview. One guy mentioned that after the biometrics he just recieved a letter in the mail saying that he had been approved and a few days later a welcome letter in the mail. their GC followed in mail another few days later.
Now my question is: Whats this all about?? Is this guy pulling my leg?
I've never heard this for DV case. But for EB applications they don't need to show up for a interview most of the time.

Thank you all of your greetings first.

For those who are worring about the biometrics stuffs, when I was doing my I-485's biometrics, I brought my I-131 and I-765's notice letter and they said I can do biometrics for all of them at the same time, just using the notice's barcode. So I assume they can do biometrics just using the notice's barcode instead of the appointment letter's barcode? So bring all the notice letters on the date of your interview, try asking them if you can do the biometrics on the same date. I think that may be faster than just waiting for the appointment letter.

I've never heard this for DV case. But for EB applications they don't need to show up for a interview most of the time.

This is correct. My brother-in-law employment based GC was like that. He doesn't even received any letter for interview, just biometric and few months later he received the card by mail.

But for DV I'm pretty certain that you need to attend the interview.

HELP Application Rejected!!

Hey everyone,

Today we received a notice from USCIS that my husband's application has been rejected and they returned the fees.

The reason they said is that "The package was submitted with a single remmitance and one or more application were unacceptable AND the priority date could not be established". They said we should fix the problem and re-submit.

**I included the notification letter on my side with my documents and the copy of marriage certificate was on my side too. Since I didn't include the Notification letter on his side of application could be the reason of his rejection??

Any ideas will highly be appreciated.

Hey everyone,

Today we received a notice from USCIS that my husband's application has been rejected and they returned the fees.

The reason they said is that "The package was submitted with a single remmitance and one or more application were unacceptable AND the priority date could not be established". They said we should fix the problem and re-submit.

**I included the notification letter on my side with my documents and the copy of marriage certificate was on my side too. Since I didn't include the Notification letter on his side of application could be the reason of his rejection??

Any ideas will highly be appreciated.

Santay, yes, that is most probably the reason. REMEMBER THAT YOUR HUSBAND'S AND YOURS ARE TWO SEPARATE APPLICATIONS and it seems that you treated them as one. Make sure you attach the copy of the notification letter and marriage certificated to his application, and also make sure your husband application is complete (meds, afidavit/letter of employment, work/education experience, etc).
But don't worry, you can re-send everything, you have not lost too much time, it is just a bump on the road !! :)

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear about that santy,
Just thought I should add something else you could check on. The "priority date could not be established" part could be due to incorrect completion of Part 2 - Application Type section on one or both I-485. See the 2007 AOS thread, someone else had a similar experience.

Help!! What does this mean?!?!

As all you faithful DV 2009 AOS only readers know, I have been waiting on my silly biometrics since 10/7/08, the date they sent my NOA.

On 11/19/08 I opened a service request because more than 30 days had elapsed since the NOA and still no biometric.

Today there was an envelope from USCIS in my mailbox and I was looking forward to telling you all it had arrived but lo and behold- a surprise was in store.

The letter reads as follows:

On 11/19/08 you contacted us re your case. Some of the key info given to us was:

(and here they list my name, my case type, my filing date, the receipt number, the A number (guess I have one now- never knew what it was) and the type of service requested.)

The letter continues:

The status of this service request is:

Correspondence regarding your adjustment of status I485 was sent to the National Benefits Center. The systems show that had biometrics taken at a local ASC within the jurisdiction of your local District office, however the application is awaiting an interview. Your local district office will contact you once they are able to schedule the appointment. Should you not be contacted by your local District Office within 90 days of this notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at the number listed below.

Now the issues are:

1) I have not had my fingerprints taken- or rather, I did once have them taken the first time I entered in the US on my H1B (in 2004) but I sincerely doubt that is what they mean... or is it? could it be that my fingerprints are considered to be already in the system? but if so, how are not everyone else's who has an H1B or a visa like it?

2) if my prints are in the system, why did they cash my check for the biometrics? and why did the customer service rep on 11/19 tell me that I should have received the biometrics by now and that a service request was therefore necessary? Was she not looking at the same "system" as the people who wrote this letter?

I AM SO CONFUSED!!

I have an infopass scheduled for 12/23 but now I fear that they will just confuse me further!

Anyone ever hear of this letter? Anyone else get one (particularly another H1B?)

Could this mean (best case scenario) that H1Bs do not need biometrics if they have been fingerprinted before?

Any suggestion/advice/shoulder to cry on is appreciated!

.... Should you not be contacted by your local District Office within 90 days of this notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at the number listed below.....[/I]
Could this mean (best case scenario) that H1Bs do not need biometrics if they have been fingerprinted before? ....

The whole thing is strange! So what do they expect you to do? Sit around for another 90 days waiting to be contacted?...this is messed up!

Anyway, about fingerprinting & H1Bs, I don't think that could be the case since I had my biomex done a couple of weeks ago. I'm also on H1 and I was fingerprinted mid last year.

The whole thing is strange! So what do they expect you to do? Sit around for another 90 days waiting to be contacted?...this is messed up!

Anyway, about fingerprinting & H1Bs, I don't think that could be the case since I had my biomex done a couple of weeks ago. I'm also on H1 and I was fingerprinted mid last year.

I know!! There is no way I am sitting put till March!

I am just hoping that the infopass clears some stuff up for me...

matutelandia,dematra..

matutelandia,

Thank you for your reply,we've included all the documents and now have ADDED a copy of our marriage certificate and a copy of the notification letter.
Will wait and see.

dematra,
Thank you for the reference,I went and check that,the guy did put (a)-on part 2 which says:An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has been
approved. (Attach a copy of the approval notice, or a relative, special immigrant juvenile, or
special immigrant military visa petition filed with this...

We put (b)-on his application which says:My spouse or parent applied for adjustment of status or was granted lawful permanent
residence in an immigrant visa category that allows derivative status for spouses and children.

Isn't this the one for the derivatives?

Thank you guys for your input.

I just received an interview appointment letter from local USCIS. My date is end of Jan, a month and a half away --- a bit disappointed

I just received an interview appointment letter from local USCIS. My date is end of Jan, a month and a half away --- a bit disappointed

SUPER !!!!! :D It will be January in no time. Before you know it you'll be sitting outside the IO's office sweating, waiting for your name to be called.

Goodness, it seems like just the other day that the NLs came through.

matutelandia,

Thank you for your reply,we've included all the documents and now have ADDED a copy of our marriage certificate and a copy of the notification letter.
Will wait and see.

dematra,
Thank you for the reference,I went and check that,the guy did put (a)-on part 2 which says:An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has been
approved. (Attach a copy of the approval notice, or a relative, special immigrant juvenile, or

We put (b)-on his application which says:My spouse or parent applied for adjustment of status or was granted lawful permanent
residence in an immigrant visa category that allows derivative status for spouses and children.

Hi,
I chose "h" for my dependants, wife and kids, and put in the space below " Dependant of (my name), DV case # ........)
and had no problem, so far, we are done with our Biometrics and waiting for the interview letter.

lindina254,
sorry about ur whole situation. it shouldnt be this stressfull. But my only advice is, after ur infropass appointment, if it doesnt really give you solid information, or help at, i would consider faxing kcc a letter saying u choose to do cp. and they will tell u when they can schedule u. I am still keeping that in mind too. I called kcc and they said if u send us a letter 'today' we can schedule u for an interview in march. I feel like an idiot for doing it this way. cp looks a lot easier. but a stupid lawyer said aos is better and i listnd to him. Had i found this forum before meeting him i would have not paid the 1010.
Keep cp in mind, but ull have to act right after ur infopass meeting.

matutelandia,

Will wait and see.

dematra,

I chose (b.) in Part 2. , being the spouse of an AOS applicant but i guess selecting (h.) with explanation works too.