• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

First, she has to answer "yes" even if she only participated in the lottery, not even necessarily won it.
Second, H-1 visa is a dual intent visa. Even if you have a much stronger immigrant intent (like submitted I-485 or DS-230), you cannot be disqualified from H-1 because of that. Another visa with dual intent is L-1. Dependents of H-1 and L-1 have dual intent too. Between pure dual intent visas and pure nonimmigrant intent visas there is a wide spector of visas, that all have various degrees of tolerance to immigrant intent. For instance, K-visas and O-1 visa are almost pure dual intent visas. E-1 and E-2 visas are also close to the high end of the spector.

Raevsky is right. With H1 visas the consulate can't disqualify you because you show immigrant intent. In fact the vast majority of H1 holders have an immigrant AOS petition filed in one category or another.

Thank you guys for your help

Last edited by a moderator:
what about if you decide to go for CP? will sending the forms in september delay the interview?
That depends on your rank number. If it becomes current close to the end of the year, it could affect the date of interview (because of quota limitations). Also, if your number becomes current very early in the year, it will delay it too, because of processing time. Otherwise most likely your interview date will not be affected.

Hi Guys,

I will be sending the following to KCC with my NL, requesting for AOS(Just typed "BCIS" for number 4 entry):

1)NL and Barcode
2)DSP-122

Please let me know if I am missing anything.
Also, Will KCC send any receipt after receiving DSP 122, and when can I send payment to DoS and how much is it?

Thanks and appericate a lot.

Thanks,

Also, Will KCC send any receipt after receiving DSP 122, and when can I send payment to DoS and how much is it?

In some posts, I've seen
"although I got an email from KCC that they received my application and it's processed"

I didn't see any entry for email address in DSP 122, how are we supposed to get an email notification?

Will KCC send any receipt after receiving DSP 122, and when can I send payment to DoS and how much is it?
Unless you shoot them an email, KCC guys will not send you any receipts. Remember, they write in the NL that once you decide to do AOS, they will not contact you any more. As for the DOS fee, it seems to be $375, but I am not sure. You can send it anytime before applying for AOS.

Are you saying...we don't get any receipt if they processed our AOS case as mentioned in DSP 122 unless we shoot them an email??
I thought we'll receive some sort of notification in mail.
if this is the case what shall i write in email saying >>>just provide the case status..

Thanks again.

Are you saying...we don't get any receipt if they processed our AOS case as mentioned in DSP 122 unless we shoot them an email??
Yes, exactly. KCC does not process your AOS application, it is USCIS who does it. And you were asking about KCC.

Thanks,

I'm DV2008, doing AOS. After I've sent KCC DSP-122 indicating I am going to do AOS, I received a letter from KCC stating "thank you for informing us of your intention to adjust status with USCIS" and a few more paragraphs of instructions (nothing really new).

In the original notification letter, it wasn't clear if we should include DS 230 or not, so I included that too just in case. Other people only sent DSP-122 and it seems they received the same letter, and it worked fine for them too.

Unless you shoot them an email, KCC guys will not send you any receipts.

Folks, I'm just curious - if you don't know, what exactly makes you provide answers with such confidence??? :eek:

Thanks,

After your send your payment to DoS (note that the address for the payment may be different from the address for DSP-122), you will get another receipt from DoS, indicating you've paid the fee. At your interview with USCIS, you will need to show the officer this receipt.

It's a good idea to pay a few months in advance of filing your AOS application (I-485) with USCIS. At some point after receiving your I-485, USCIS will request your file from KCC. If you haven't paid the fee to DoS, KCC will not release your file and this will delay your application.

Folks, I'm just curious - if you don't know, what exactly makes you provide answers with such confidence??? :eek:

I know people who send DSP-122 to KCC and did not receive any confirmations, letters, emails, etc. For me it is enough to answer with confidence.

Like Plus07, I hope I'll get notification from kcc after sending DSP-122,NL, and Barcode to KCC, just in case.

ALU4E, as long as you are going to CIS in person on 5/6 on infopass, you could try to figure out the officer's thoughts on the subject of the following post of mine: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1900881&postcount=1133 and on the possible occurance of an AOS case WITH forms DS-230 sent to KCC as well.

The officer might not know this policy immediately (because he is not the one who does adjudications and is not prepared to answer the question on the fly), but he or she will at least try to give you the answer before you leave (whether this policy is still in effect since it was published several years ago), or in the worst case will try to notify you of the policy later (by mail)

You could print the info from the original source beforehands and give it to the officer together with the link to it to simpify understanding your question.

Regarding these forms, she advised me to talk to KCC.
When I called KCC they told me to send DSP-122 and DS-230 even if I'm going with AOS.

Regarding these forms, she advised me to talk to KCC.
When I called KCC they told me to send DSP-122 and DS-230 even if I'm going with AOS.

I think i might have mentioned this before, but thats the same answer that I got at my local USCIS office. The lady officer said to send both ds230 and ds122 back to KCC because it all ends up back in your file. I called KCC the same day and they told me the same thing, AOS or CP to sent back both the forms.
So my $0.02: they say they want the forms......I send them the forms.

I guess, if a USCIS officer asks you to submit DS-230, you should present the concern and the quote from the lawyer's opinion and listen for the answer. As I said, the answer might not be immediately available - the officer might need to find out the answer from the superiors.

Hey Guys,
Sent DSP122 to KCC today. -->didn't include photos and DS 230, hope everything will work out good. lil worried.

Crossing my fingers now...
Good luck to you all...do keep posting ur updates..