• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Congratulations, dv09! And a special thanks for your extremely valuable information about dsp-122 and ds-230.

Thanks.
Hope it helps someone. My advice: send at least the dsp-122 back to kcc for your peace of mind. Will save you a lot of worrying, probably for nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
case number AF35XXX my number was current on june i did AOS In new york and i had my interview on august 11 the interview was successful the immigration officer told that once she receives a visa number from Washington she will send me the green card, but nothing happened since then. i went 7 times and met with the same officer to know whats going on but each time she tells me the same story don't worry i have requested a visa number you will receive it soon, now its the 27 and Wednesday is the deadline and no news yet. its still a very long journey for me that did not want to finish.:(

case number AF35XXX my number was current on june i did AOS In new york and i had my interview on august 11 the interview was successful the immigration officer told that once she receives a visa number from Washington she will send me the green card, but nothing happened since then. i went 7 times ......:(

Holy Moly !!

When was the last time you went?

anyways, you got 3 full days bud, go there all 3 days if you have to. Ask to speak with a supervisor.

Email this guy too for its worth
Cisombudsman@dhs.gov (its CIS ombudsman's office)

Find out what is your regional and district office and fax them too!! (http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/88027.pdf)

Hope you'll beat it !!

Good Luck!

i went there last Friday, and i met with that officer and i am planing to go there tomorrow also, buy the way i have hired a lawyer for $5000 for this hole process and let me tell you he did nothing at all, and i am so shocked that he is there sitting in his office while i am going back and forth to the immigration
i thank you man a lot for your post.

i went there last Friday, and i met with that officer and i am planing to go there tomorrow also, buy the way i have hired a lawyer for $5000 for this hole process and let me tell you he did nothing at all, and i am so shocked that he is there sitting in his office while i am going back and forth to the immigration
i thank you man a lot for your post.

Any news?
I was in a similar situation: going back and forth to the USCIS office and them saying there is nothing they can do and I just had to wait... One day, as I was leaving the USCIS office, one of the people who works there and felt bad for me told me that I should write a letter to my senator. so I wrote a letter to my senator explaning my situation and I went to his office and dropped it off to the person who was in charge of receiving his mail requests. 4 days later I got good news!

Thanks Ausmatt07 for starting this thread, I was about to do the same. I got my NL too and I have been reading these post while trying to educate myself on the DV process. I am about 75% sure that AOS is the way to go for my case since by judging from previous years my number would be current in Nov, plus I don't think I can take that much time off work to do CP.

This should be an interesting journey !!!

If you are doing AOS for DV 2009, please share your experience. The folks on the DV 2008 AOS thread have done a fantastic job. Thank you!
Hello please can you help me on how to post on here and congratulations...

DV 2009 winner

I got this site from a friend and i guess a lot of people give there advice .I need you advice .I m winner of DV2009 and i finished everything and now i m in US. I came here on 1st of September and from the information i got i have to get my green card one month from the day i got to US. Now today is exactly one month and i did not get Neither welcoming letter nor green card. Is there any way i can check what is happening to my case?

Thank You

Hi All,

It seems this thread went silent. So just bringing in few topics to share. Now, we have November visa bulletin and it seems the CN is not moving as fast as we expected. Asia is hanging around 8000. When I looked at the last year trend then Asia seem to be moving slow till Feb-March and then it picked up. Not sure if the trend is going to be similar this year. I am asking this question because my CN is kind of far far behind (AS201028xxx). Any thoughts if this CN is ever going to be current. BTW I am doing AOS.

Another question: my wife is primary DV winner and she is in F1 but will graduate in Summer. Then she will start her OPT. Do you think going to OPT will be fine?

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Hi All,

It seems this thread went silent. So just bringing in few topics to share. Now, we have November visa bulletin and it seems the CN is not moving as fast as we expected. Asia is hanging around 8000. When I looked at the last year trend then Asia seem to be moving slow till Feb-March and then it picked up. Not sure if the trend is going to be similar this year. I am asking this question because my CN is kind of far far behind (AS201028xxx). Any thoughts if this CN is ever going to be current. BTW I am doing AOS.

Another question: my wife is primary DV winner and she is in F1 but will graduate in Summer. Then she will start her OPT. Do you think going to OPT will be fine?

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Maila,
We are in the same range as you (AS201027xxx). Hope the cut off numbers will move fast in the coming months. My husband (the winner) is also in F1. His PhD is funded by a Research Assistantship (RA). I wonder whether your wife is also doing a TA/RA. If you are having the same experience, could you please let us know whether we have to answer the 7th question of DSP-122 as "Yes" or "No". It asks whether the winner has done a job which requires two years of training or experience. According to our knowledge, an RA doesn't need that requirement. Also we have to clarify the job and list the employers only if we answer "yes".

Hi Maila,
We are in the same range as you (AS201027xxx). Hope the cut off numbers will move fast in the coming months. My husband (the winner) is also in F1. His PhD is funded by a Research Assistantship (RA). I wonder whether your wife is also doing a TA/RA. If you are having the same experience, could you please let us know whether we have to answer the 7th question of DSP-122 as "Yes" or "No". It asks whether the winner has done a job which requires two years of training or experience. According to our knowledge, an RA doesn't need that requirement. Also we have to clarify the job and list the employers only if we answer "yes".

-----------------------
Chooti,

Yes she is RA.

Of course he working and has work experience. TA/RA is half time. When he graduates normally he can claim his work experience. So his employer is university and you write his job description as his research work. Hope it helps.

-----------------------
Chooti,

Yes she is RA.

Of course he working and has work experience. TA/RA is half time. When he graduates normally he can claim his work experience. So his employer is university and you write his job description as his research work. Hope it helps.

Thanks Maila

AOS FOR F-1 student

Hi all,

This is going to me my first post. I won the diversity visa lottery. My dv case number is 2000 which is this month. I am currently a student studying in maryland (3rd year)

I have some questions regarding the application

1. Are there any other forms other then the i-485 and g-325a that i should submit?

2. The documents that i have collected so far are the following:
-Turkish Birth Certificate with English Translation
-Turkish Passport with I-94 card
-All I-20 forms i have so far
-Turkish High school transcript with English Translation
-College Diploma and Transcript ( Nassau community college, A.S. in computer science )
-Two passport size photos
-Medical Report
-Letter from current school confirming my F-1 status
-1.010 fee money order

3.Do u guys think that this would be enough, btw I am single. Do i need to hire a lawyer for this kind of case?

4. I haven't send anything to kcc at all. Does this matter?

Thank you for your time...

Dv 2010

HELLO!!!
WANT TO HELP ME I AM WINNER OF THE 2010 AND GREEN CARD CASE NUMBER FOR VA 2010SA000004XX KCC SEND MY DOCUMENTS TO THE AUGUST 5, confirmed KCC 7 August. MO EVEN REACHED THE SECOND ME A LETTER, COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW DO I KNOW MY INTERVIEW DATE?:)

HELLO!!!
WANT TO HELP ME I AM WINNER OF THE 2010 AND GREEN CARD CASE NUMBER FOR VA 2010SA000004XX KCC SEND MY DOCUMENTS TO THE AUGUST 5, confirmed KCC 7 August. MO EVEN REACHED THE SECOND ME A LETTER, COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW DO I KNOW MY INTERVIEW DATE?:)

Are you in US or out of US?

Hi all,

This is going to me my first post. I won the diversity visa lottery. My dv case number is 2000 which is this month. I am currently a student studying in maryland (3rd year)

I have some questions regarding the application

1. Are there any other forms other then the i-485 and g-325a that i should submit?

2. The documents that i have collected so far are the following:
-Turkish Birth Certificate with English Translation
-Turkish Passport with I-94 card
-All I-20 forms i have so far
-Turkish High school transcript with English Translation
-College Diploma and Transcript ( Nassau community college, A.S. in computer science )
-Two passport size photos
-Medical Report
-Letter from current school confirming my F-1 status
-1.010 fee money order

3.Do u guys think that this would be enough, btw I am single. Do i need to hire a lawyer for this kind of case?

4. I haven't send anything to kcc at all. Does this matter?

Thank you for your time...

4. You should start by sending the papers that are requested, to KCC to let them know you want to proceed for the GC...You are a US College student, so IMO you should be able to read and understand what the NL is stating....sent barcode + other paper back to let KCC know you want to proceed. The package need to be send after you have paid $ 375.- to do AOS and let KCC know you want to adjust your status....

Good Luck!:)

Hello, Linda555[/B

I do not live in USA I am in Venezuela.
can you help me? as I find out the date of my interview?

Truth thank you for the help they can lend. Thank you!
God Bless

Hello, Linda555[/B

I do not live in USA I am in Venezuela.
can you help me? as I find out the date of my interview?

Truth thank you for the help they can lend. Thank you!
God Bless

Hello eli28,

Can you give us an idea of your case number? We can compare your case number with previous years to have an idea of when your case number would become current.

BTW, I think this is not the correct thread for your question because I understand that you are doing Consular Processing as opposed to Adjustment of Status (AOS).

Good luck

I hope all the DV 2009 winners doing AOS were successful in getting their green card.
It's our turn now. Wishing all the DV 2010 winners luck.

Thank you to all who contributed to DV 2009 AOS thread

Hi all,

Just wanted to thank everyone in 2009 AOS thread for contributing their experiences. It was very helpful in answering the same questions I had and many more. Thank you all. Best regards.