• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Congrats nlhanhla!!!

I wish my file would have been trasnferred before the interview so I don't have to wait and wait!!

You're free from the EB jungle now, the Oct. visa bulletin came out yesterday and the dates have retrogresssed by 3 years so I am glad I filed thfough DV :)

Congrats nlhanhla!!!

I wish my file would have been trasnferred before the interview so I don't have to wait and wait!!

You're free from the EB jungle now, the Oct. visa bulletin came out yesterday and the dates have retrogresssed by 3 years so I am glad I filed thfough DV :)

Hi Imados,

Are you planning on an InfoPass? Some people have said that the InfoPass sometimes helps to expedite the process.

I too am in a long wait for my Employment-based AOS. I could not believe the October Visa Bulletin. It is frustrating!

I can't wait to file my DV case in November.

Good luck with your case

Hi Imados,

Are you planning on an InfoPass? Some people have said that the InfoPass sometimes helps to expedite the process.

Good luck with your case

The IO gave me his business card during the interview and told me to call him if I don't hear anything by 3rd week of September. So I will call him on Monday if there is no progress still. That's the plan for now!!

Congrats nlhanhla!!!

Thanks Imados

Just keep reminding them. It took about 3 weeks for my case to get to the local office. Am sure they'll be getting yours sometime now. Infopass is not a bad idea though. Especially if the office is not too far.
As for the EB mess, I'm glad that's over with. They had sent me another biometrics notice because the ones they got in 2007 had expired.

Good luck Imados and i2009

Thanks Imados

Just keep reminding them. It took about 3 weeks for my case to get to the local office. Am sure they'll be getting yours sometime now. Infopass is not a bad idea though. Especially if the office is not too far.
As for the EB mess, I'm glad that's over with. They had sent me another biometrics notice because the ones they got in 2007 had expired.

Good luck Imados and i2009

nlhanhla,

Did you get denial notice for your EB case? If yes- when?

Most of the DV cases are CP. Only about 1,400 cases per year are reported to be AOS. It means that the Field Offices don't process much DV AOS cases. Some people have said that small Field Offices are better because the big cities ones are swamped with all kind of cases.

Also, the AOS cases are processed by the National Benefit Center and then they are sent to the Field Offices for interview and final processing. I am sure that the National Benefit Center does know how to handle DV cases but that's just my opinion.

About your infopass experience. Sometimes you take an infopass and you are lucky that the immigration officer knows about your inquiries and is willing to help. Some other times you find that they know nothing and sometimes they are rude. You may need to take another infopass and hope that they assign another IO.

I understand that you already informed KCC about your intention to proceed with AOS. I asked the KCC about switching from AOS to CP in the event that my AOS case takes longer than expected. They told me to call back if I decide to switch and that they will give me instructions of how to proceed. They said that they have to process the CP case so that they need about 2 months until they can schedule the consular interview and send my case to the Consulate.

After you make the switch, and they finish processing your case, the KCC will send you a notification of the location, date, and time of your interview.

BTW, for the Fiscal Year 2009, cut-off numbers for cases ranging in 28,000 in Asia were current in June. It might not be too high for AOS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you i2009 for your comprehensive information. It seems we may stick with AOS and weigh our luck. It seems the CN is walking turtle speed which worries me. Looking at the trend of last year it moved relatively faster even though it started with low number. Any opinion about CN AS 28XXX getting current?

I am going to throw a quick question about police clearance certificate. I have lived in several countries which is nice but did not know those days I spent abroad is gonna haunt me now..when I need to get all those police reports. Anyone had experience getting police report from Belgium?

This blog is backbone of information for the people like us. Thank you guys for sharing such a great resources. Good luck all.

nlhanhla,

Did you get denial notice for your EB case? If yes- when?

I have not had a denial notice yet. The interviewing officer just asked us to write notes that we were withdrawing our EB cases. Maybe its enough to just have it on file.

And Malia.........

No police certificates are required for AOS. They might ask why you've lived in all those countries though.

Hi guys,
I did my medical today. Cost me $125 (I went with a copy of all my immunizations, TB and STI tests). I got the sealed envelope and a copy for my personal records. I have one concern. The civil surgeon said that the mandatory vaccinations were tdap, MMR and Varicella and as a result only filled out dates on page 3 of the form for those vaccines. I carried documentation that I got the other vaccinations listed but they did not fill them out (which does not make sense to me). They listed the others as "Not age appropriate". How was page 3 of the I693 form filled out on page 3 for you guys? Did they only fill out information for tdap, MMR and Varicella?

Finally - Got CPO email!!!

Today, I got Card Production Ordered emails for both me and my wife!!
What a relief, it's finally over!!
Thank you and Good luck everyone!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,
I did my medical today. Cost me $125 (I went with a copy of all my immunizations, TB and STI tests). I got the sealed envelope and a copy for my personal records. I have one concern. The civil surgeon said that the mandatory vaccinations were tdap, MMR and Varicella and as a result only filled out dates on page 3 of the form for those vaccines. I carried documentation that I got the other vaccinations listed but they did not fill them out (which does not make sense to me). They listed the others as "Not age appropriate". How was page 3 of the I693 form filled out on page 3 for you guys? Did they only fill out information for tdap, MMR and Varicella?

--------------
Hi BlueT41,

If I understand correctly, you did AOS. Who sends the 2nd NL: KCC or USCIS?

Thanks for your help.

--------------
Hi BlueT41,

If I understand correctly, you did AOS. Who sends the 2nd NL: KCC or USCIS?

Thanks for your help.

Yes I'm doing AOS. KCC sends the second notification letter, which basically acknowledges your intent to do AOS.

Yes I'm doing AOS. KCC sends the second notification letter, which basically acknowledges your intent to do AOS.

-----

Thank you BlueT41. Yes, I also received letter from KCC acknowledging our intent to do AOS but I did not know if it was the 2nd NL people are referring. So it means now we just need to stay put till our CN becomes available which not sure if we get any visa number left. BTW, my CN is 2010AS 28XXX.
Good luck.

Question: Sponsored on I-134

Our friend will fill I-134 for my wife but I do not want to include me (husband). My questions is: should he put my name on the form because it says spouse, even though he is not going to sponsor me, or skip me completely. I am joining my wife for DV but I have a job so I can sponsor myself.
P.S. We have a daughter but she is born in Texas so I assumed she shouldn't be on the form.

Our friend will fill I-134 for my wife but I do not want to include me (husband). My questions is: should he put my name on the form because it says spouse, even though he is not going to sponsor me, or skip me completely. I am joining my wife for DV but I have a job so I can sponsor myself.
P.S. We have a daughter but she is born in Texas so I assumed she shouldn't be on the form.

There is no harm for all of you being listed on the I-134.

kathmandunp

Hi

My husband (the winner) is in F1 visa and his visa and I-20 expires mid of next year. We plan to do AOS. He hopes to extend his I-20 before sending the AOS package and according to the DV number, he will be able to extend it before the number becomes current.
But we need to send the DS122 and the bar code to KCC and make everything ready by the time our number becomes current.
Our problem is whether the sending of DS122 to KCC will make any impact on the current visa status. (whether he won't be able to extend the I-20 after submitting DS122). According to our knowledge, extension of I-20 is done by the university and it doesn't go through USCIS.
If anyone knows about this issue please let us know.

My husband (the winner) is in F1 visa and his visa and I-20 expires mid of next year. We plan to do AOS. He hopes to extend his I-20 before sending the AOS package and according to the DV number, he will be able to extend it before the number becomes current.
But we need to send the DS122 and the bar code to KCC and make everything ready by the time our number becomes current.
Our problem is whether the sending of DS122 to KCC will make any impact on the current visa status. (whether he won't be able to extend the I-20 after submitting DS122). According to our knowledge, extension of I-20 is done by the university and it doesn't go through USCIS.
If anyone knows about this issue please let us know.

Where is the issue here?
Extending the I-20 has nothing to do with USCIS like you said, and I advice you do it since he'll be doing AOS after he extends it. It is very important that he keeps his legal status throughout.
You can go ahead and send the forms back to KCC so they know you're doing AOS and get that stuff out of the way. It will not affect anything.