• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Yeah! am very surprised you ve not got your SSN as well, because it should take a week to get it. When i arrived on a sunday, the next day i went to SSN office and i was told it will be sent to me in 8-10 days and i got it truely as they said.

I think the mistake you did was that you were waiting for them to send it, but it does not work that way, you have to first go and apply for it, its not automatic. So if you have not gone to their office, that is what you need to do. Infact, a friend told me she got her SSN within 3 days.

Hope these helps.

Best wishes!

Hello seekarim, did u go to the local SSA office to aply for the SSN after u arrived

can u believe this.i went to the Social Security Administration office and was told there that my name as it appears on my visa is not found in their system.after several attempts they could not still locate my name.the lady gave me her number and promised she will call me but that i could also call.is that the same kind of problem u faced.if any forum member has ever faced such a problem please tell me how u went about it.someone told me that at the POE when the passport is stamped there is a number written on the stamp.no such number was written on my passport.what is the significance of that number

I had the same problem. Just send me ur phone number so that I can explain how u could go about it.

Yeah! am very surprised you ve not got your SSN as well, because it should take a week to get it. When i arrived on a sunday, the next day i went to SSN office and i was told it will be sent to me in 8-10 days and i got it truely as they said.

I think the mistake you did was that you were waiting for them to send it, but it does not work that way, you have to first go and apply for it, its not automatic. So if you have not gone to their office, that is what you need to do. Infact, a friend told me she got her SSN within 3 days.

Hope these helps.

Best wishes!

i actually went to the office when i came and the receptionist derailed me by telling me to come after 26 days if i do not recieve it.even when i applied my name was not there in the system from the main office.i got my welcome notice and was told inside that my forms where recieved from the port of entry on Nov 3, ie one month after my arrival.after a series of inquiries ive realised that i passed thro the wrong port ot entry ,ie Dulles in DC.they work at a snail's pace.there is a friend in Virginia who is suffering the same fate and also passed thro Dulles.I may be presuming but i will advice all members who are scheduling their flights to aviod Dulles in DC

Hello, every one in the house, am sorry have not been contributing to the forum recently, have been busy.

I want to congratulate those that have gotten their Visas and those who have successfully entered yankee, wish you guys best of luck.

I got my Green Card on Monday, am glad because God never stops performing his work, even more than my expectations.

I wish everyone all the best in life.

Hello Seekarim, check your box. I sent you a private mail.

u disconnected ur phone. I have tried to reach u without success.

Hello Nelly,sorry for the inconvinience.i dont know really what happened with the phone.it is the house phone not my personal.am still pleading,if u can spare some minutes give me a short note on the e-mail address and tell me what to do.thanks

Is 2009 Dv lottery entry application is DOUBLE or NOT ?

Hello House,
Please help me to judge this case & REPLY me whether this 2009 ENTRY APPLICATION is DOUBLE ENTRY OR NOT ?

I was aslo among successful dv2009 applicants that received Notification Letter from KCC (USA),but i have little problem during my application.
Around october last year 2008,i received a mail from an association called American Association Immigrant(AAI) that i can apply for dv lottery for free and with some others free benefit if i register with them for free.But this association will collect all the applicants data and apply at Federal Gov. Official site (dvlottery.state.gov).It is not a fraud site when i glance through their site to see the service that they are rendering, etc
Then i did so,but after some weeks that i applied via this site i received a message from this association.Here is the message i received from AAI below:

AAI:

Dear Bunga,

We have been unable to upload your US. Green Card Lottery application to the US. Government web site as submitted.

To confirm you are entered in time for the current DV-2009 program, you must re-submit your entry directly to the US. Government site at www.dvlottery.state.gov.

Do not worry, THIS WILL NOT RESULT IN A DOUBLE ENTRY.

We apologize for this inconvenience. However, we want to be certain you are entered well before the deadline of December 3rd.

TO BE SURE, PLEASE GO TO www.dvlottery.state.gov AND RE-ENTER NOW!

Good luck and best wishes,
Customer Support Team

Diamond_009:

So House when i received this message,i did so and i re-applied at www.dvlottery.state.gov,unfortunatly I was among successful dv2009 applicants and also some of my friends that applied during that period received this message aswell.
So my mind is not at rest because i'm not sure whether they apply for me through their site or not.
So guzy,
Please help me to judge this case & REPLY me whether this 2009 ENTRY APPLICATION is
DOUBLE ENTRY OR NOT ?
Please House await your suggestion

Fear Not

Hello House,
Please help me to judge this case & REPLY me whether this 2009 ENTRY APPLICATION is DOUBLE ENTRY OR NOT ?

I was aslo among successful dv2009 applicants that received Notification Letter from KCC (USA),but i have little problem during my application.
Around october last year 2008,i received a mail from an association called American Association Immigrant(AAI) that i can apply for dv lottery for free and with some others free benefit if i register with them for free.But this association will collect all the applicants data and apply at Federal Gov. Official site (dvlottery.state.gov).It is not a fraud site when i glance through their site to see the service that they are rendering, etc
Then i did so,but after some weeks that i applied via this site i received a message from this association.Here is the message i received from AAI below:

Hi,

Fear not, if you've applied twice they would have noticed at the initial selection stage and disqualify you. But since you got the notice/letter you're safe. See the yellow section of the attachment for more details.

Good Luck.

hello nelly,sorry for the inconvinience.i dont know really what happened with the phone.it is the house phone not my personal.am still pleading,if u can spare some minutes give me a short note on the e-mail address and tell me what to do.thanks

if u have received ur wellcome letter, just call the number on it to correct the typergraphical error and check back at the ssn office. Good luck

if u have received ur wellcome letter, just call the number on it to correct the typergraphical error and check back at the ssn office. Good luck

hello nelly,i got the docs.but the SSN came with the name errror.i gave it back 4 correction tho my folks here told me it doesnt matter.but ive had that problem with my name since my school days.so i do not want to take any chances in uncle sam's homeland.now is to look 4 a job which i do not seem even to see.i amstill looking.hello to ur kids

hello nelly,i got the docs.but the SSN came with the name errror.i gave it back 4 correction tho my folks here told me it doesnt matter.but ive had that problem with my name since my school days.so i do not want to take any chances in uncle sam's homeland.now is to look 4 a job which i do not seem even to see.i amstill looking.hello to ur kids

Yes, name error on Social security card can be a problem when u retire. make sure that the correction is made at the social security office. Goodluck in finding a job.

Hello again,
Thanks everyone for all your quick replies and answers to problems.This forum has helped me a great deal! and i am really gratefull.I owe my gratitude to every single person in the house even those who don't give answers (like me) cos i even learnt from questions raised by pple.Tanx once again to everyone.
My question now is pls, does anyone know how much tuition is per term in a private elementary school in America.Thanks once again for your quick response.

Try joggle around

Hello again,
Thanks everyone for all your quick replies and answers to problems.This forum has helped me a great deal! and i am really gratefull.I owe my gratitude to every single person in the house even those who don't give answers (like me) cos i even learnt from questions raised by pple.Tanx once again to everyone.
My question now is pls, does anyone know how much tuition is per term in a private elementary school in America.Thanks once again for your quick response.

Hi,

Try joggle around with the link below till you get to the school for the area you wanted and then your needed answer.

http://www.privateschoolreview.com/

Go to link to school and click on go to profile. You can then copy the school link to google to check properly eg

http://www.abclittleschools.com/

Enjoy