• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Hello,can someone please help me on which airline to follow.my husband and I are going to Texas and i have been trying to get info an airlines to no avail.pls can anybody help?I will also be grateful if i can get info on the airfares/

Last edited by a moderator:
pls can someone help me with the possible available flights to US from Nigeria as well as the fares.We are headed to Texas,I guess Houston Texas and i have been trying to get info on the flights to no avail.

hello people in the forum pls can u help me out about this, am one of the 2008-2009 visa lottery, i have being waiting for my letter of interview,also how can i check for my rank number on visa bulletin my CN is 2009AF00012XXX.
pls help me for this am from Nigeria

Hi

hello people in the forum pls can u help me out about this, am one of the 2008-2009 visa lottery, i have being waiting for my letter of interview,also how can i check for my rank number on visa bulletin my CN is 2009AF00012XXX.
pls help me for this am from Nigeria

Hi,

I advice since you’re dv2009 winner you should check the link below, this forum is for dv2008 though you might get answers to your questions here also:

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=276910&page=23&highlight=dv2009+winners+in+nigera

Your interview should be some months away but if you'll want to check in the future for monthly dv2009 cut offs go to the link below:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

I hope it helps?

Good Luck

Hi

how can i check my Case Number on Visa Bulletin pls someone help pls.
God bless

Hi,

You cannot check your case no as an individual, all you can do is check the cut off no and if your case no falls in good for you.

Please do move to dv2009 lucky winners in nigeria threads.

Enjoy.

On my way

All,

I'm on my way to the US having left Lagos last night.
Should arrive later in the afternoon today.
Cheers

In USA

I arrived at the POE which is JFK on Thurs Jan 8th safely though missed one of my baggage hence i missed my next flight to Boston anyway i am yet to get my missing baggage till now.
The cold here na die ooooooooooooo
The following day, I went to the Social Security office to apply for the SSN card for my family and I. I was told it takes between 10 to 14 days to get it.
Basically, there's not much one can do until the SSN card arrives, I'm told.

I arrived at the POE which is JFK on Thurs Jan 8th safely though missed one of my baggage hence i missed my next flight to Boston anyway i am yet to get my missing baggage till now.
The cold here na die ooooooooooooo
The following day, I went to the Social Security office to apply for the SSN card for my family and I. I was told it takes between 10 to 14 days to get it.
Basically, there's not much one can do until the SSN card arrives, I'm told.

SB2008,
Welcome to the USA. Thank God for the safe flight.

how is America treating you all?

na wow!!!!!!!! collect visa enter yankee,u go con dey hear am lol
US is not what it's used to be again,most of the pple that wrote on this thread do not even have the time agn to check back and write,it's gone anyway this 2009.
let's share our experience so far as green card holders.

Ssn

Hello all,
Pls what is the procedure to getting a social security no?I arrived the states via Houston Texas on the 27th of January.5 days later my husby and i went to the social security office for our SSN but we were told we don't need to apply but have to wait for 3wks.According to them,the US immigration will send our info direct to them so they will issue us SSN card.Meanwhile,my husby went for his driving license but they requested he go to the SSN office and get a two page print out(whatever they meant by this I dont know)b4 they can process his application.He got to the SSN office but the officers told us that our data is yet to get to them from the immigration.I called the immigration office only to be told that it takes them 2 months to enter the applications into their system.
the whole thing is so confusing and i dont know what to do.Pls does anybody know the way out?

na wow!!!!!!!! collect visa enter yankee,u go con dey hear am lol
US is not what it's used to be again,most of the pple that wrote on this thread do not even have the time agn to check back and write,it's gone anyway this 2009.
let's share our experience so far as green card holders.

Right now am bored cos we cant do much without the SSN and the US immigration and SSA office are not doing much to help.

le's do it like this

Right now am bored cos we cant do much without the SSN and the US immigration and SSA office are not doing much to help.

try and see if the particular one u went to was not the issuing office of SSA, SO search agn & agn to find out the SSA that actuall issues the SSN cos i came in in Dec. 2008, my uncle took me to one SSA office but was told we had to go to the SSA off. that issues SSN wc we did and my appplication was received, mailed my SSN after 17 days (13 working days)
You must apply irrespective of the fact that USCIS will send ur info, wtout SSN u can't not do anything, go back ooo,it's only ur green card that will be ,ailed to u not SSN if u dont apply.
let me know what's up later.
best of luck!!!!!!!!!!

Re:ssn

Hello all,
Pls what is the procedure to getting a social security no?I arrived the states via Houston Texas on the 27th of January.5 days later my husby and i went to the social security office for our SSN but we were told we don't need to apply but have to wait for 3wks.According to them,the US immigration will send our info direct to them so they will issue us SSN card.Meanwhile,my husby went for his driving license but they requested he go to the SSN office and get a two page print out(whatever they meant by this I dont know)b4 they can process his application.He got to the SSN office but the officers told us that our data is yet to get to them from the immigration.I called the immigration office only to be told that it takes them 2 months to enter the applications into their system.
the whole thing is so confusing and i dont know what to do.Pls does anybody know the way out?

I concur with Aywire.

My wife entered the U.S on the 9th of december and applied for her SSN the very next day. You might want to make sure that you are going to the right office (the SSA).

I concur with Aywire.

My wife entered the U.S on the 9th of december and applied for her SSN the very next day. You might want to make sure that you are going to the right office (the SSA).

aadepetun,

Pls do you mean to say you & your wife entered US at different dates? Cos from your Signtaure i can see POE: Atlanta October 22. and now you said your wife came in Dec. 9. Pls help me clarify this issue.

Can Husband & Wife travel on seperate dates with their visas / enter the united states on seperate date where husband is the primary applicant?

10x.

Try Another SSA office

You do need to apply for your SSN, it is not sent to you automatically after you get to the US.
In our case, my family and I arrived on Thurs 8th Jan and went to the SSA office the next day Friday 9th Jan at the nearby city, to apply for the SSN. A lady took our personal information and informs me that the applications will be processed in one after the other with a day interval mine done first for security reasons, they do not the SSN to follow one other for one family.
A receipt was given to me immediately which states the SSN card will arrive in 10 days time. If you don’t receive after 10 days, you should contact through a given toll free telephone number. The receipt for the applications for the rest of my family arrived in the mail after few days. I received my SSN card on Sat 17th after 9days and the rest ones for the family arrived on 20th Jan 3 days after I got mine. The previous day being Jan 19th was public holiday for Martin Luther King; mails are not delivered on such days.

I’ll advice that you visit another SSA office possibly bigger than you had visited earlier and attempt to apply for the SSN there