• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Hello Frola,
I am sorry i did not get the message.Pls can u re-send it if it is possible.Thank u very much for your usual help.

Okay. I will send you a private mail later. But know that I am not in Atlanta or any town in Georgia. I only used the city as my POE. I am in the state of California.

hi all,

Thanks for keeping the forum active. I have a friend who is a DV2009 winner and going by the bulletin,his number was current in October 20xx. but up till now his case has not being scheduled for an interview. He has mailed and called KCC several times an they keep telling him his case has not being scheduled.
Please can anyone tell me what he can do or what would have gone wrong? I will appreciative your responses.

Hi,

That wasn't good at all. It's insane to know that they ask people ridiculous questions spanning years in Nigeria/Africa as to other areas. At the same time we won't blame them 'cos our system is so much bastardised that they never trusted us both home and abroad.

My advice is to just let it go bcos if you check your 1st NL very well , it was categorically stated that the fact that you were selected doesn't mean you'll be issued a visa, so based on that i don't see any court you'll go that you'll be justified.

If i remember correctly, the guy that was called back after refusal did not do anything he was only called back properly after they found out they made a mistake refusing him.

So in order not to waste your time and valuable resources, i advice you not to file any case, it might worsen or jeopardise you future dealings with US. It is not the end of life and so far you're not bound from applying to go to US in future, you're very fine.

That's my advice, i refused to be crucified.

Good Luck.

4REAL4U,
Thanks for ur sound advice.....i will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.thanks once again

Hi La Chic,
It depends on when your friend sent the 1st NL back to KCC. My number was 2008000000xx but didnt send it back until August 2007. Consequentially, I wasnt scheduled for an interview till January 2008. Approximately, it takes 5 months to process, and then schedule an applicant for interview, from the date of receipt of the 1st NL.

It may be helpful to let us know when s/he sent the form back to KCC.

Hope this answers your question.

Is it beta for one to use a US addy to fill the dv for this 2009 cos i want to do the one of this yr and am thinking of using som1 i know who lives there to use d addy. So i wont use dat d electronic means to fill it? Pls reply ASAP

Dear Favour1 and SB2008,
I share in ur moment of joy!it is the Lord's doing.may this good news continue to every member of the house,Amen

I Want to use this opportunity to thank God and every member of this forum for all the assistance and experiences that guided me to this time,i had gracious interview from window 9 with a black american;

consular ; good morning
me ; good morning
consular ; raise ur hand and repeat after me that all information is correct
me ; yes
consular ; where did u have ue nysc
me ; ......
consular ; where was ur primary assignment?
me ;.......
consular ; what qualified u to teach mathematics
me ; ........
consular ; where do u work?
me ; ......
consular ; excuss me?
she went out and came back wth the green paper,
consular ;u are welcome to the US
me ; thank u

i hope some1 can lean sometins from here

Congrats

I Want to use this opportunity to thank God and every member of this forum for all the assistance and experiences that guided me to this time,i had gracious interview from window 9 with a black american;

consular ; good morning
me ; good morning
consular ; raise ur hand and repeat after me that all information is correct
me ; yes
consular ; where did u have ue nysc
me ; ......
consular ; where was ur primary assignment?
me ;.......
consular ; what qualified u to teach mathematics
me ; ........
consular ; where do u work?
me ; ......
consular ; excuss me?
she went out and came back wth the green paper,
consular ;u are welcome to the US
me ; thank u

i hope some1 can lean sometins from here

Hi,

Congrats on the success of your interview. I think this might be helpful to all of us following our successful interviews.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Congrats on the success of your interview.

4REAL4U,
i have read through all ur contributions in the forum and i must say that i have much respect for ur opinions.i urgently need ur candid advice at this point.someone adviced that i should get an immigration Lawyer.Do u advice i do that?it's rather criminal and wrong just to denial someone on frivolous bases.my credentials are clear and valid[why would someone just dash my hopes and dreams just like that?]i have nothing to hide,should they want to investigate.....so,what do u sincerely think?

Later today

4REAL4U,
i have read through all ur contributions in the forum and i must say that i have much respect for ur opinions.i urgently need ur candid advice at this point.someone adviced that i should get an immigration Lawyer.Do u advice i do that?it's rather criminal and wrong just to denial someone on frivolous bases.my credentials are clear and valid[why would someone just dash my hopes and dreams just like that?]i have nothing to hide,should they want to investigate.....so,what do u sincerely think?

Hi,

I am going through the dv2008 thread again to see if what the guy said was through or not. I'll get back to you later today.

Enjoy

My advice

4REAL4U,

Hi,

I've gone through the dv2008 threads and i couldn't find the post sunnyaje was talking about. Nevertheless, i'll still stick with my initial advice but if you'll want to go by the idea, 'No crime in trying', and you have the money to engage a lawyer, you could give it a trial.

I hope it helps?

Good luck.

At last

I landed Atlanta last night October 23, 2008.

I want use this opportunity to thank everyone in the forum for all their contributions to see some of us through.

My prayer is that we should not abandon this forum.
Thank you ALL.

Hi,

I've gone through the dv2008 threads and i couldn't find the post sunnyaje was talking about. Nevertheless, i'll still stick with my initial advice but if you'll want to go by the idea, 'No crime in trying', and you have the money to engage a lawyer, you could give it a trial.

I hope it helps?

Good luck.

Thanks as always for ur candid advice.i have resolved to engage the service of a Lawyer[i will blaze the trail evenif no one has ever done it before].i will keep intouch.do have a successful interview.

I landed Atlanta last night October 23, 2008.

I want use this opportunity to thank everyone in the forum for all their contributions to see some of us through.

My prayer is that we should not abandon this forum.
Thank you ALL.

Navigator, I welcome you wholeheartedly to the United States of America. Thank God for the safe flight from Nigeria.

Hope you are settling down fast and easy. Never mind the cold at this time. You will soon get used to it. Just make sure you dress warmly and drink hot tea.

I pray your expectation will not be cut short. Be focused, be patient, take advice from good and responsible people and don't do anything that will put you against the law of the land. If you take to these advice you sure will succeed in this land.

Again, welcome and God bless you.

My dear people,
This is not an advert, however, I beleive that the forum is meant to advice/suggest and help one another during and after the interview.

It is based on these that I am posting this Travel Agent's address that I have personnally used on Oct 23, 2008. They will be helpful to all-would immigrant to USA.

Below is the agent that I used:
ADETOM TRAVELS & TOURS LTD
14 ODUYEMI STREET,
ANIFOWOSHE. IKEJA
LAGOS

TEL: 7937971; 08033060702; 08054015276

They are good, I recommend them to you. though you are not obliged to use them.

Thanks
Navigator

My dear people,
This is not an advert, however, I beleive that the forum is meant to advice/suggest and help one another during and after the interview.

It is based on these that I am posting this Travel Agent's address that I have personnally used on Oct 23, 2008. They will be helpful to all-would immigrant to USA.

Below is the agent that I used:
ADETOM TRAVELS & TOURS LTD
14 ODUYEMI STREET,
ANIFOWOSHE. IKEJA
LAGOS

TEL: 7937971; 08033060702; 08054015276

They are good, I recommend them to you. though you are not obliged to use them.

Thanks
Navigator

just wish to say hello to members of this forum.i will update my profile and then tell u more

Last edited by a moderator:
i am in Maryland.i went to the Social Security Adminstration office to inquire about my SSC but was told to wait until afer 26 days.if i do not get it within that period i can then come and apply.is this what happens in all states?lookinh thro the posts i realise some people had theirs quite early.there is so much talk here about a driver license as prerequisite 4 jobs.are there no jobs which do not demand driver licenses?

i am in Maryland.i went to the Social Security Adminstration office to inquire about my SSC but was told to wait until afer 26 days.if i do not get it within that period i can then come and apply.is this what happens in all states?lookinh thro the posts i realise some people had theirs quite early.there is so much talk here about a driver license as prerequisite 4 jobs.are there no jobs which do not demand driver licenses?

u don't need a driver license to get a job.its just that u need a license to drive yourself to work if you happen to live in a place without public transportation.

Hi All, I back again, though it was difficult for people like us who won the lottery but couldn't attend the interview because they did not get to our case number. Any such is life, that is why is not good to rely on some thing. I want to thank every one of you that has been a great contributor to this forum and I pray as you help others may God send helper to you. In this line I will like all that have been great contributor to please show great concerns towards other things pertaining to our country. In this view I will want this great mind to please visit this nigeria forum and post new advice to others.
The new site is www.gumnigerians.com. This is great site to discuss about what is going on in our country both at the federal level and local level. I believe together we can make nigeria proud. ("www.gumnigerians.com" click on the forum to add new post.")A