• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Thanks

For a new person you probably need Maryland or New Jersey for job/career opportunities which is critical for your ultimate independence. New Jersey has a slight edge because it is close to the bigger job market in New York. But Maryland is also close to the job markets in Virginia and DC.
I prefer the smaller towns in Tennesse for family life= slow pace, low crime, low cost of living.

Baba Aladura, thanks for this important info.

Medicals

Rashbabee

Please how long did it take to do you medicals?

How much did it cost you, i mean the medicals?

how much did you also pay when you got to the embassy in london?

All in all how much was the overall amount?

Does the embassy accept solo card or strictly master card?

what is the name of the hospital in question and how long will it take to collect the result of the medicals?
\Thanks

jesu nifinisher

it took a few hours for the medical, you need to call them and book an appointment, i think the whole thing took 1hour but i took along all my immunisation from my GP too. They will do ur phyiscal, Xray, Blood test and if necessary give ur immunisations too. You have to go with the same document you will if you went for it in Nigeria.

I believe that the medical was 180pound although 160 was put on the form sent by the embassy, the price has increased. For any addition test or immusation u have to take the prices range from 20pounds - 100pounds each.

We paid 775pounds at the embassy, we went with cash but i believe you can pay with you Visa or Solo.

I cant remember the name of the hospital it was sent with our package by the embassy but it is somewhere near the usa embassy, closest station was Bond street.

we didnt collect the result, it is sent striaght to the embassy for your appointment but if anything is wrong with any test they will call. Basically if you hear from they you are in trouble, if you dont, then its good news and there was no problem with any test result.

I hope these helps

Any document that you will have to show immigration should be carried on your person and never in a checked luggage, since luggages can be lost and damaged. In your travels you should always have a carry-on (personal bag) that contain your important documents and is easily accessible. This include your passport, birth certificate, etc..

Medpharm
Sorry, made a mistake, i actually only wanted to know about the X_RAY envelope. We were told to check it with and shld not be in the hand lugguage becos it will get damage if x-ray by the security machine at the airport.

I wanted to find out how truth this is.

They will never ask you for that X-ray again. If they say it will be demaged then hold it, it is better to be safe than sorry.

and shld not be in the hand lugguage becos it will get damage if x-ray by the security machine at the airport.
Who told you that crap? First you cannot damage the exposed picture with additional X-ray and if you could, radiation for checked baggage is higher than for hand baggage (for that reason, never put any unexposed films in your checked baggage!)

Medpharm
Sorry, made a mistake, i actually only wanted to know about the X_RAY envelope. We were told to check it with and shld not be in the hand lugguage becos it will get damage if x-ray by the security machine at the airport.

I do not think you need to worry about damaging your X-ray during your security check-in. The only time you shoud go through security check-in will be at your departure airport. If you are worried about the x-ray damage, you can always advise the security personnal that you are carrying an x-ray and that you are afraid it will be damage if you put it through the x-ray screener. If there is a real concern they will use a hand screener as well as inspect visually. To make a long story short you have nothing to be worried about and make sure to carry all important documents on your person as you never know what may happen to your luggages. Best of luck and welcome to America the Land of --------- (you can fill in the blank)

Medpharm

Funny old world !! when many people are praying and fasting just to become current in the next BULLETIN, someone's BIGGEST worry is about Xray that will get damaged.I wonder what happens to this opaque piece of paper/plastic after POE.lol.

please does anyone know how much is the processing fees for lottery winners 08 and the place to go for x-rays and other. How much is the deposit and the total payments. I know the answer is somewhere in the forum, alot to search. Any answer is well appreciated.
Thanks
Just for a cousin who won this and have been pushy..."i have not received my interview letter yet, though this has been mailed out to him"

To be honest, i do not think you need to take an x-ray with you to the US. Your medical record that u have in ur passport will tell the immigration officer if you have TB or not.
A US doctor would not read some x-ray that you have. They'll do another one if an x-ray is required. so, just leave the darn thing in Nigeria.

please does anyone know how much is the processing fees for lottery winners 08 and the place to go for x-rays and other. How much is the deposit and the total payments. I know the answer is somewhere in the forum, alot to search. Any answer is well appreciated.
Thanks
Just for a cousin who won this and have been pushy..."i have not received my interview letter yet, though this has been mailed out to him"

Johnkent...please can you help on the above questions from me.

Thanks

Johnkent...please can you help on the above questions from me.

i don't live in Nigeria so i have no idea. sorry

Thanks

If you dont mind reading through some of the previous posts, you will not only find answers to your questions, but will gain more information.

You are blessed to be here.

I have arrived in maryland, usa yesterday and thye never even ask for the damn x-ray. The process for entry was quick staight forward, there were a few other Nigeria filing.

Funny old world !! when many people are praying and fasting just to become current in the next BULLETIN, someone's BIGGEST worry is about Xray that will get damaged.I wonder what happens to this opaque piece of paper/plastic after POE.lol.

Nobody will even ask you for your X ray except probably you are diagnozide to have problem.

When u are not sure .....

To be honest, i do not think you need to take an x-ray with you to the US. Your medical record that u have in ur passport will tell the immigration officer if you have TB or not.
A US doctor would not read some x-ray that you have. They'll do another one if an x-ray is required. so, just leave the darn thing in Nigeria.

Pls,Johnkent never advise anyone when u are not sure abt the subject,he has to take his X-ray to U.S that's the instruction.they check it for immigrant ok. If they did not someone does not mean they could not ask another,they might ask maybe becos thay have seen one carrying it,so don't advise such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Visa Pick up!

:D:I went to pick my visa ysterday and there was something significant abt the whole thing,my visa was issued 25th June which happened to be my birthday as well,still basking....................... u know, Visa + Birthday,lol
My America dream has come true ,thank God.:):D:D:):D:cool:

hello...........house can someone pls tell me how much to be paid in the embassy on the day of interview? help me plssssssssssssssssssssss