• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

pray 4 me

hi everyone in the house,i received a call 4rm the embassy today that i should re-apeared next month.i will like the house to remember me in prayer cause i cannot wait to share my testimony too.congratulation to all the one that have successful interview and i wish the coming up God mercy.
niyi
Case Number:200800000+++
:):):):):):)

hi everyone in the house,i received a call 4rm the embassy today that i should re-apeared next month.i will like the house to remember me in prayer cause i cannot wait to share my testimony too.congratulation to all the one that have successful interview and i wish the coming up God mercy.
niyi
Case Number:200800000+++
:):):):):):)

God will go with you. HE has not brought you this far to abandon you.

You will have a success story to tell......

Good day to all in this great,My Family had our interview on Tuesday. I want to thank God almighty for our successful interview. I thank everybody in the house for their time and great contributions to every question been asked and once again every one should commit his/her interview to the hands of God. As we were waiting for our number to be called to the window we saw families been denied for one reason or another and also some people that came without O`level results claiming they had one skill training,and at this time room was getting quite and tension was everywhere[also please everyone note that if u going for ur interview with kids please do wear good clothing for them because if u are not called to the window on time the waiting room freezing temperature i tell u:D even when i almost complained my wife joked with me that this is American weather in Niaja},but we thank God ours went successful and it went like this:

Interviewer: Good morning
Me: Good morning Ma
Interviewer: whose is standing by u over there
Me: my wife
Interviewer: raise ur right hands both of u and take this oath
Me : bla bla
Interviewer: how old?
Me : xxxx
Interviewer : where were u born?
Me : xxxxxx
Interviewer : what qualification do u have?
Me : B.Sc
Interviewer : what school and what course of study?
Me: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Interviewer : madam{my wife}when did u meet this man?
my wife: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Interviewer : where did he take u on ur first date?
my wife: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Interviewer : when did he propose to u?
my wife: xxxxxxxxxxx
Interviewer : how much did he pay as bride price?
my wife: 24 naira
Interviewer :24 naira for a beautiful lady like u thats nice:)

Then she started typing on her computer and i started praising God almighty, shortly she stood up and went around her corner and brought back a blue paper stating when we should come for our visas,and she said these words: congrats WELCOME TO AMERICA.

Congrats to and your family. And Thanks for the infomation on kids dressing, it's quite a good info for those of us going with babies less than a year.

and she said these words: congrats WELCOME TO AMERICA.[/QUOTE]

Big congratsssssssss to you and your house. May the good lord Keep blessing us all with Good testimonies. Amen.

Last DV lottery

Does anyone know just how true it is that this is the last DV lottery 2009 and it will be cancel? After that there will be a point scoring system like HSMP(UK) and it will be for people with Masters etc

Its going to be a shame for some many people, although for other who are really educationally qualified, it might open a new opportunity for them.

Everyone that have been given opportunity year or the next to win really need to make sure, that they join this forum and get thier visa or do anything. It might be the last way to easily get into the usa.

I even think that anyone who has a number that look as if they might never get the change, if it is possible to acquire a visa and do a change of status shld take it.

Let's keep fingers cross, and hope ......

well its seems the are always rumours that every DV is the last,until its official i do not think one needs to give much credience to that gist...

We r all hoping that they will not even cancel the 2009Dv as most of us have tried for very many years n have got the chance now.

Hello everybody, I'm new to this house.
My interview is in the month of June 2008, I have done my medicals but I was asked to come back for the physical examination and the result.

I have a question, is it possible for me to go with only my G.C.E result and every other required documents bcos in me form I filled in GCE, SSCE and my present university(Unilag) but I am still an undergraduate.

My GCE Certificate is out with 5 good grades including Maths and English but my SSCE is not out though I had 6 good grades there too, I have been to Jamb office to see if I can collect my Admission letter to show proof that I am an undergraduate but the officers keep posting me to come tomorrow and next week.

Should I go with Only the G.C.E or Pleeeeese can sombody in the house tell me what to do?

It's Like you didn't understand my question, my questions is, will there be any arm if I go to the interview with only my G.C.E, since I have 5 credits in my GCE result and every other documents.

Note: I wrote the GCE in the year 2004 while my SSCE in the year 2005 and I entered into the University 2006/2007, I am in me 2nd year studying Sociolgy.

The GCE 2004 result is out but the SSCE 2005 is not out because it has not being printed and sent to the school.

Please I need an advice from anybody in the house that will guide me properly.
Thanks!

Hello,
It has been long i visited here. Just to let you all know that one of my cousin for 2008 DV winners received his GREEN CARD last early this month (May). He didn;t go twice other than to pick up his green card after paying for the first day. The affidavit of support i sent to him was returned back to him. My second cousin will be having his interview on July 14th and i know God will continue to do his miracles. Goodluck all and i will continue to pray for you all. Remain blessed

Please everybody in the house I have a question for those who had interviews in this month of May and last month April 2008!

How was the payment at the embassy like, did you pay all the $775 at once or you paid half of it? cos some people paid in full while some paid half and later paid the balance on the day they collected their visas.

I would want to know so that I can prepare myself before my interview day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please everybody in the house I have a question for those who had interviews in this month of May and last month April 2008!

How was the payment at the embassy like, did you pay all the $775 at once or you paid half of it? cos some people paid in full while some paid half and later paid the balance on the day they collected their visas.

I would want to know so that I can prepare myself before my interview day!

My family and I paid the $775 x 3 in full on that day,i think if you sure of your application and you have the cash just pay all on your interview day,so that after then you know its just to pick up the visa.Best of Luck

Thanks everybody for wishing me a happy birthday, I pray that all those of us who are yet to go for interview, that God in his infinit mercy will grant us all success in Jesus name. AM..EEEEE...NN!

10K you trodat, for your quick response, that simply means it is not mandatory that we pay all the money in full.

Thanks everybody for wishing me a happy birthday, I pray that all those of us who are yet to go for interview, that God in his infinit mercy will grant us all success in Jesus name. AM..EEEEE...NN!

10K you trodat, for your quick response, that simply means it is not mandatory that we pay all the money in full.

I will advise you go with the complete amount. i paid $1550 for my wife and i. They didnt ask us if we wanted to make part payment or not.

Hi every one, just introducing my self to the forum. I am a Dv 2008 winner AF000097xx, I am currently doing AOS. Was surfing the net when I stumbled across this website. It has lots of information, Thanks guyz.:D

DV 2008 Ends on September, 30 2008

Dear Forumnites,
Could anyone old or new colleagues throw more light on this ISSUE: People who will have thier interviews in say; between 15 and 30 September, 2008, and are successful, how long will they stay in Nija before the visa expires?

Dear Forumnites,
Could anyone old or new colleagues throw more light on this ISSUE: People who will have thier interviews in say; between 15 and 30 September, 2008, and are successful, how long will they stay in Nija before the visa expires?

Irrespective of when you obtain your immigrant visa. It will expire after six months of issuance.

Hi every one, just introducing my self to the forum. I am a Dv 2008 winner AF000097xx, I am currently doing AOS. Was surfing the net when I stumbled across this website. It has lots of information, Thanks guyz.:D

hi what city and state are you in?

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE!!!!!!
Before i start i want to say a Big Thank you to everyone on this forum, especially the person God gave the vision to start this, and everyone else who has always made time to answer questions, say prayers, encourage others, God will continue to increase you.

Ok, here goes... I had a very unusual experience!!!!
First of all, if you go back u'll see i had a small issue with my third name used, But praise God it never came up once.
My Appiontment was for 7am, got there for 6.30am, given no 15, went in made my payment, was called to submit, my birth cert, sec school cert, university cert and nysc cert, i did and was asked to move into the inner hall for my no to be called for interview.
After after about an hour of sitting( all dv candidates) they began to call pple's nos. The ladies in cubicles 7 and 10 seemed quite nice, cubicle 9 was tough...she was asking a lot of questions esp from sec school.
Anyway, after a while the lady in window 7 started calling for dv no 13, she called the no like 4/5 times, noone answered, pple were looking round and checking their nos again, no one appeared.she now said she wont call the no again, and she called someone else... about 8mins later, the lady in window 10 started calling this no 13 again, no one apppeared, she called it severally, then she too now said for the last time, i'm calling you, dv no 15!!!! i was shocked!!! do you know instead of 15, they had been calling my no as 13??? Anyway i ran up to the window and said i'm here, but you've been calling no 13, she said no, i said yes, you've been calling 13, then the other pple sitting there, echoed that you have been calling 13, and the lady went quiet.
She asked me to take my oath, fingerprints, i did.
For my interview she asked me when i left school i told her, she then asked if i've been in banking since then i said yes, she asked me what is a balance sheet i told her, she asked when is a bal sheet balanced, i told her...she excused herself, and a min later, she came back with my Blue congratulations form!!!!!
My pple, commit it all to God and he will be right there ok.
I'm still very overwhelmed by how my own interview went, but i return all the GLORY back to GOD.
All the best Everyone, and God Bless.