• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

everybody

folks
we need to be very careful.
you will all aqree with me that we are here for some serious business, let people share experience and metion data, we also have the riqth to qive positive critisms, but no bad blood

Any way J cloud have a job now and is doinq very well, can you pls tell us d type of job and salary ranqe
we are all aware dat nursinq job is not necessarily d hiqhest paid, it is just lucrative, dat is all, so if we have an option, why dont we qo ahead and survive

Rashy and Johnkent have made very hot arquments and i love d way dey settled it, thouqh i was not comfortable with the choice of words, but all byqone now

enjoy

Please what should i take to NPC inother to get my Birth certificate,the only thing i have is my national ID card,please do dey collect money and how much will it cost,also how many minutes does it usually take so i can be prepared.

Oluwawithusail,
What you usually require for NPC certificate is an affidavit.. ie declaration of age which should bear the names of your parents and place of birth. Also you will be required to pay a token and a passport photograp. In Benin City, I paid N2000 which is the official rate. You may pay more depends . I think that is all you need

Greencard

Please come off this kind of discussion. You are not doing Nigerians any good. We are not bad and please for God sake stop discrediting our people. I must let you know, your discussion on jobs and talking about divorce leaves much to be desired. Please stop embarrassing Nigerians. I will not let anyone say so much about oneself and thereby generalise that Nigerians are all like that. Possibly you are involved that is why you know. I may simply be hard and I am not apologetic at all about it. Elders in the house pardon me.

This is a forum, its to share information about what is going on out there, its happening big time, i am sure it is not only Nigerian that are even doing it. I was not generalising about Nigerians but how some people wiere about to achieve it. I am talking about option that people who decide not to leave in the usa but this want to keep their green card might have to result to. Not only am a legite, i have never had to result to such measures. You had read some of my comments sometime ago, i was in a situation where the usa immigration made such a remark because i was using the 6th month on my visa, on each visit. I had told the embassy what i was doing in usa, but he thought i was working, i dare him to proof, and his reply was that he will makes sure that we never enter the usa again if he found out we have been lying by overstaying or working etc. By the time we were called us back to the embassy, he had a printout of all my travel itierary, from various airlines going for years, it was all display in front of him and so much more. CONCLUSION I GOT MY 2 YEARS VISA and an apologise becos he was so rude about the whole thing initially. There is hardly any country i cant enter because in my 28yrs of travelling, i have never broken the law.

I have said that anyone that is not living in the usa for at least 6mths out of every year or it is 2 years is taking a chance in having their greencard revoke at POE or when they decide to file for their passport. I wouldn't advice anyone that really wants to maintain their greencard to take such chance, because the law is changing everyday and since it might even be mandatory to swipe out when leaving the usa soon, its just a matter of time. I am trying to let some people realise the stress that is involved in such a venture and the fact that you will not have a settled mind everytime your travel anywhere or into the usa.

But if you work place in Nigeria and your boss can give you six months off every year to live in the usa, then go ahead and work in Nigeria, but i do not know any employer that will be that generous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just received the new uk police report that is being issued for usa embassy, very interesting with your picture on it and a few other information...it actually took just about 10days (35pounds) compared with the former that told 4-5weeks.

So if your interview is for the uk and after the 15th, you have to present this new one, the willl be invalid and will hold up your interview process.

Do i need to go to Nigeria

RASHBABEE

pls i also reside in london but sometimes in 2005 i had reason to use nigeria's police report.

1. can this still be presented at the time of my interview?
or
2.do i have to get another one?

3. au did u go about getting ur police report? i mean ur nigeria,s police report

4.did u get it here or travelled down to 9ja to get it?

thanks waiting for ur swift response

folks
we need to be very careful.
you will all aqree with me that we are here for some serious business, let people share experience and metion data, we also have the riqth to qive positive critisms, but no bad blood

Any way J cloud have a job now and is doinq very well, can you pls tell us d type of job and salary ranqe
we are all aware dat nursinq job is not necessarily d hiqhest paid, it is just lucrative, dat is all, so if we have an option, why dont we qo ahead and survive

Rashy and Johnkent have made very hot arquments and i love d way dey settled it, thouqh i was not comfortable with the choice of words, but all byqone now

enjoy

All that I have achieved is GOD that helped me, and I believe God is ever ready to help us all. People you stay with may not divulge informations to you, but you must be on guard and pray very well. Please all looking for office job must re write their resume (CV) in the format appealing, so as to get employers looks at them. Again, I urge everyone coming to atleast bring some money to buy a car even if it is 2 doors, it will definately do you a lot of good, your host may not have time to take you around, and it is necessary you move around to attend interviews. The economy appear too bad now, but with God we will surely survive. I work as an accountant in a telecomm company (a direct and perm job). This job I got through recruiting agent that conducted series of written test. In short that agency owner is God sent. I just have a conviction within me that we can do well here if you come in with clean mind. If you are in MD area and you have accounting and auditing background, please send private message to me so that I can share some websites with you for jobs.

Result Evaluation

Folks please can someone explain to me how to go about evaluating my result. Do I have to forward my transcript to WES?

Nigeria police report

RASHBABEE

pls i also reside in london but sometimes in 2005 i had reason to use nigeria's police report.

1. can this still be presented at the time of my interview?
or
2.do i have to get another one?

3. au did u go about getting ur police report? i mean ur nigeria,s police report

4.did u get it here or travelled down to 9ja to get it?

thanks waiting for ur swift response

Actually i went to Nigeria but my partner did not, so i dropped in to the police station to ask how we needed to get his done. What he was told to do was to scan 2 copies of all his fingers and label it correctly to me by email and his signature, then i told it along with his passport copy, photograph, this was sufficient and the datas needed for the form.

Your former Nig. Police report expires within 6months so you will definiately have to get another, that one is invalid.

But i think a better process is to get someone to go there and pick up the form for you. You can then put your prints on it, fill out the form and sign it and sent with it all the doucment that they require. You can then get someone to drop it in and collect it. That way the finger prints do not have to be cut and pasted in. I got my done with 1 day costed 3,000 each.

All that I have achieved is GOD that helped me, and I believe God is ever ready to help us all. People you stay with may not divulge informations to you, but you must be on guard and pray very well. Please all looking for office job must re write their resume (CV) in the format appealing, so as to get employers looks at them. Again, I urge everyone coming to atleast bring some money to buy a car even if it is 2 doors, it will definately do you a lot of good, your host may not have time to take you around, and it is necessary you move around to attend interviews. The economy appear too bad now, but with God we will surely survive. I work as an accountant in a telecomm company (a direct and perm job). This job I got through recruiting agent that conducted series of written test. In short that agency owner is God sent. I just have a conviction within me that we can do well here if you come in with clean mind. If you are in MD area and you have accounting and auditing background, please send private message to me so that I can share some websites with you for jobs.

J cloud,

Sometimes i am not even sure if the bad economic at the moment is a bless or what? The standard of living was getting so expensive and for someone that will be a new common like us, it was have been nearly impossible to buy a house in a good community area. The accomodation was so expensive for wooden house that can burn to the ground in 30mins if there is a fire.

Current, some builders are offer bigger half the prices it was about 2 year ago and now they are begging buyer by even offer cash back. Ofcourse the only problem now if that the banks are on likely going to borrow us the funds to get in on this goodlucks. For someone who has lots of cash to bring in from 9ja and can buy outright or with minimum amount to borrow, the economy might be said to be offer a lot at the moment.

Moving around in some state is so difficult that the only way to get anywhere is to get a banger at auction, it could safe u a lot of money.

About that website u offered, i am sure my partner who is a accountant and internal auditor will be needing that site, if everything go well with our interview in God name.

Greetings to every member of this great forum.
I am happy to be back online after suffering internet disconnection due to nitel strike. i hav used the last few minutes to read through the recent postings and I want to appreciate Johnkent, Rashbabee, JCloud, mauriceeta and others who have posted valuable information to make us prepare for the life ahead. And to Oga Modest, you are simply wonderful. You are the "Elder" in this forum. Your diplomatic disposition is commendable. God bless u all.

My received a package sent by my sponsor yesterday. the package contains the ffg:
- Notorised Form I-134
- 5 Pay stubs (copy)
- 6 months Bank's statement of account (copy)
- Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement 2007
- Form 1040 Income Tax Return 2007
- copy of Datapage of US passport

Pls note that there is no letter from his employer, except the pay stubs and no letter from his bank, except the bank statement of account.

Pls advise if what i have is ok for sponsorship.

Please what should i take to NPC inother to get my Birth certificate,the only thing i have is my national ID card,please do dey collect money and how much will it cost,also how many minutes does it usually take so i can be prepared.

I did my own in Lagos, i dont know if the requirement is the same with other states. the ffg are required at NPC Lagos:
- Original and photocopy of Affidavit of Declaration of Age from High Court
- Datapage of your international passport or Driver Licence (not sure if national Id is acceptable)
- Application for Attestation Letter (U can type it there for N100)
- 2 passport photograph

You will be asked to pay N2,200 and given 8 working days to come back for your documents.

It is well

Hi guys,being a while since i actually wrote anything on the forum though i ve followed it closely every couple of days.congrates to all our winners and like i once said i believe being connected to this thread prepares one more than most people going for the interviews and with a little of Abba's grace in the mix we can not go wrong! Bosom thanks for your help the other day, hope you are able to connect to the net now,not minding the nitel strike.
meanwhile i had an unusual experience at the medicals the other day:they refused to accept my wife's passport because on the observations page there was a notation made that she had recently married and her surname had changed to so and so.the observation was made at the immigrations office and duely stamp,all legit.so now we are in a rush to get a new passport with her marital name printed on the date page,but we were adviced to also take the old passport on the day of our visa interview....anyone else had this experience?

How far have you gone with your wife's passport? You need to act fast so that she can commence her medicals as well.