• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Re:moon&star

We arrived Atlanta yesterday Saturday, April 19, 2008.

We thank God for a safe trip.

We are currently in Alabama to study USA and know the way forward.

Wishing everyone success and wish everyone come to this God's own country.

Best regards.

Welcome to America

What is CPR? am a registered Nurse and i have not seen anyone being paid $3,000-$5,000 per wk. This is the most false info i've ever seen. So u are saying that some nurses make $20,000 a month. U must be smoking something

i might not go as far as to say the guy is smoking smething,but i kinda wonda hw a nurse can earn that.maybe he mistyped..after all big people are misspeaking!

Johnkent

Believing that noone can do better than you have done in your field is so narrow minded and it just goes to show that some people are so disillusion into thinking that you are all that. You obviously are looking at a nurse in the only traditional way of taking care of patients on a daily, but i see beyond that..maybe you just dont get the concept of how far you can take you nursing degree.

Grow up and better still maybe look into how to do better in your field...stop having a complex...telling other they cant achieve better.

End of story........

What is CPR? am a registered Nurse and i have not seen anyone being paid $3,000-$5,000 per wk. This is the most false info i've ever seen. So u are saying that some nurses make $20,000 a month. U must be smoking something

i might not go as far as to say the guy is smoking smething,but i kinda wonda hw a nurse can earn that.maybe he mistyped..after all big people are misspeaking!

Johnkent

Believing that noone can do better than you have done in your field is so narrow minded and it just goes to show that some people are so disillusion into thinking that you are all that. You obviously are looking at a nurse in the only traditional way of taking care of patients on a daily, but i see beyond that..maybe you just dont get the concept of how far you can take you nursing degree.

Grow up and better still maybe look into how to do better in your field...stop having a complex...telling other they cant achieve better.

End of story........

I try to be very realistic and u telling someone that as an LPN/RN, they will be making $220,000/yr is ridiculous and very naive on your part. I don't know who it is that you know that is an RN and makes $220,000/yr. probably none. But if there is, they are probably doing something suspicious on the side.
Like it told ya, quit giving folks false hopes and info. As an RN in the US, you will have a very decent middle class lifestyle and not the kind of life that you are trying to portray.
I have actually spoken to a few nursing recruiters just to make sure that i was pretty sure about what i was talking about and they think whoever was making the argument about an RN making $220 grand/yr no matter how much they work in a wk must be hallucinating.

This is what you said " The wife usually studies for about 1-2 years to be a Nurse, depending on how hard she works after getting her certificate she can earn as much as 3,000-5,000 per week (yes you are right per week)"
1-2 yrs of Nursing classes here would get ya to LPN level which i don't see any LPN even making $80,000 a yr regardless of how hard he/she works.
U could argue that An Associates degree in Nursing is 2 yrs but it does take a yr of prereq's before you can get into any nursin progam which is a total of 3 yrs if you don't flunk out that is.

This another comment from ya " You obviously are looking at a nurse in the only traditional way of taking care of patients on a daily, but i see beyond that..". This is exactly what i was arguing about. U just went you there and said that anyone as an RN would be making $220 grand/ yr without explaining to them that a masters or even a Ph.d degree might be required to be able to make that much.
Get your facts straight before you put it out there.

Apparently, it seems like its not a typo as he thinks he knows what he is talking about. I challenge him to enroll in a nursing school when he gets here and let me know what his first paycheck looks like when he gets outta sch since he thinks he can be an RN in a yr and make $220,000/yr.
Who knows where his getting all these false info's from.

Heiiiii heiiiiiiii

Heiiiii heiiiiiiii You guys what is wrong with you People??????
This is not why we are here.
Johnket, I must be sincere to you I don’t like how you attack and challenge peoples idea at times in this forum. Even if the person said some thing that is not right, I mean there so many polite and respectful manner you can use to correct some ones mistake. Telling some one that he must be smoking some thing is out it..
I don’t like it.. it doesn’t represent your Integrity.
Please The two both of you should stop all this exchange of words.. I know down deep in you guys , you are trying to render help to people. But that doesn’t mean you guy should start fighting.

Heiiiii heiiiiiiii You guys what is wrong with you People??????
This is not why we are here.
Johnket, I must be sincere to you I don’t like how you attack and challenge peoples idea at times in this forum. Even if the person said some thing that is not right, I mean there so many polite and respectful manner you can use to correct some ones mistake. Telling some one that he must be smoking some thing is out it..
I don’t like it.. it doesn’t represent your Integrity.
Please The two both of you should stop all this exchange of words.. I know down deep in you guys , you are trying to render help to people. But that doesn’t mean you guy should start fighting.

LOL. When i said " he must be smkoing something" i didn't mean it in a derogatory way. its just an expression folks use over here.

You never said anything wrong

LOL. When i said " he must be smkoing something" i didn't mean it in a derogatory way. its just an expression folks use over here.

JohnKent do not explain yourself to anybody cos u are have not said anything wrong, i av been here for a year now, there is no RN with that earns $5,000 A week, no matter the qualification. I dont know some people will be misleading other people with false info. American dollar is not that easy. Maybe MD(medical Doctors) will now earn $20,000 a week, My advise for those that are on their way coming pls if u have a very lucrative job in Nigeria, pls do not resign just take leave and come see things for yourself, get ur greencard and go back.

Ok my mistake, when i said that some will get more certificate, i shld have gone into more details to mention Masters/PHD. When i said 1-2yrs, i was talking about getting on the medical ladder and then taking your certification as far as you can take it usally mean going for Masters/Phd.

So for agrument sake, i will rephrase by saying that depending on how far you decide to go in your Nursing qualifications (Master/Phd) it is possible to have a high earning protentials indeed. That is the reason that low - high figure was mentioned but our Johnkent keeps holding on to the highest figure mentioned unless an RN even without MS/PHD can not make 144,000 a year working some good shifts.

Green card

JohnKent do not explain yourself to anybody cos u are have not said anything wrong, i av been here for a year now, there is no RN with that earns $5,000 A week, no matter the qualification. I dont know some people will be misleading other people with false info. American dollar is not that easy. Maybe MD(medical Doctors) will now earn $20,000 a week, My advise for those that are on their way coming pls if u have a very lucrative job in Nigeria, pls do not resign just take leave and come see things for yourself, get ur greencard and go back.

Getting your green card and going back, it is possible to loss your green card indefiniately. The immigration law is getting strict with people not living or using the opportunity given. They will be very happy to withdrawl your greencard at point of entry when coming, that you obviously do not need it. Although i will say that if one is earning good money in 9ja and cant get more a better job when they could in, then it might be a chance/risk that they might be willing to make.

I know someone that never lived in the usa until about 5months before you want to fill for her passport, came in and worked, the processing took about 4months. She was scared stiff that they will know but she was lucky, noone was the wiser and she now has a passport. At the same time i have heard stories of other that it is greencard was collected, and that was that-gone.

Ok my mistake, when i said that some will get more certificate, i shld have gone into more details to mention Masters/PHD. When i said 1-2yrs, i was talking about getting on the medical ladder and then taking your certification as far as you can take it usally mean going for Masters/Phd.

So for agrument sake, i will rephrase by saying that depending on how far you decide to go in your Nursing qualifications (Master/Phd) it is possible to have a high earning protentials indeed. That is the reason that low - high figure was mentioned but our Johnkent keeps holding on to the highest figure mentioned unless an RN even without MS/PHD can not make 144,000 a year working some good shifts.

Gotcha.

Getting your green card and going back, it is possible to loss your green card indefiniately. The immigration law is getting strict with people not living or using the opportunity given. They will be very happy to withdrawl your greencard at point of entry when coming, that you obviously do not need it. Although i will say that if one is earning good money in 9ja and cant get more a better job when they could in, then it might be a chance/risk that they might be willing to make.

I know someone that never lived in the usa until about 5months before you want to fill for her passport, came in and worked, the processing took about 4months. She was scared stiff that they will know but she was lucky, noone was the wiser and she now has a passport. At the same time i have heard stories of other that it is greencard was collected, and that was that-gone.

U mean this person that applied for a passport only lived in the US for 5 months?
She could unless she was working for a US based company overseas.

yes was lucky, she was terrified when she went for her interview-she went in about about 1 or twice a year on holidays, but she used to pay the immigration officier in Nigeria to stamp that she was in and out within a short time.

It was a risk, in her husband case he has not filed because in his own case he has not even lived there at all in 6 years only goes there 2-3times on holiday. He has too scared to file for his passport even when he goes on holiday he is alway waiting for his greencard to be with held. It hasn't happened yet, but he thinks it might be a matter of time if he doesnt take the time to live there and file soon. The officer usually ask him lot of questions on POE, how long he has been out, he really have to keep a detailed depending on what is stamped on his passport in Nigeria.

yes was lucky, she was terrified when she went for her interview-she went in about about 1 or twice a year on holidays, but she used to pay the immigration officier in Nigeria to stamp that she was in and out within a short time.

It was a risk, in her husband case he has not filed because in his own case he has not even lived there at all in 6 years only goes there 2-3times on holiday. He has too scared to file for his passport even when he goes on holiday he is alway waiting for his greencard to be with held. It hasn't happened yet, but he thinks it might be a matter of time if he doesnt take the time to live there and file soon. The officer usually ask him lot of questions on POE, how long he has been out, he really have to keep a detailed depending on what is stamped on his passport in Nigeria.

US immigration do stamp passports of US citizens and non-citizens whenever u come into the country and also do keep a record of it so i can't see how she could have gotten away with that. She must have been pretty lucky. i don't think it has anything to do with her having an immigration guy in nigeria stamp her passport.

US immigration do stamp passports of US citizens and non-citizens whenever u come into the country and also do keep a record of it so i can't see how she could have gotten away with that. She must have been pretty lucky. i don't think it has anything to do with her having an immigration guy in nigeria stamp her passport.

Noone is saying they do not stamp you in when you are coming in but noone signs you out so if you have been in nigeria for a year without living in the us but get the immigration officer in Nigeria not to stamp you passport when you enter but when you are coming to the usa, your passport will be stamped that you have just entered nigeria maybe 2-4weeks before, and when you get to usa immigration you are stamped in coming. Altogether with all the calculation, it will only show u out for that 2-4 weeeks not the one year u have been out. No-one will know ecxactly when you left only they only go by what the stamping on your passport says.

The down fail of the issue is that if you get into trouble in the usa for something or the other or just badluck, they could ask all the airline to submit, inventory of all your travel with them. ofcourse this will not tally with your passport stamps and u could be in a lot of trouble.

It something that a lot of Nigerians do in London too, they over stay by months, but when they get to 9ja, they get thier passport back stamped by tipping the officers at the aiport. That way thier passport never shows they over stayed and they can renew their visa always without problems. Untill all passenger have to go through immigration when they leave the us/uk, it is someone lots of Nigeria will continue to do. Now in the uk they do random stamping of passport on exit, but it only once in a while, when they stamp you then you will need to return within a few weeks and hope you dont get stamped again.

Noone is saying they do not stamp you in when you are coming in but noone signs you out so if you have been in nigeria for a year without living in the us but get the immigration officer in Nigeria not to stamp you passport when you enter but when you are coming to the usa, your passport will be stamped that you have just entered nigeria maybe 2-4weeks before, and when you get to usa immigration you are stamped in coming. Altogether with all the calculation, it will only show u out for that 2-4 weeeks not the one year u have been out. No-one will know ecxactly when you left only they only go by what the stamping on your passport says.

The down fail of the issue is that if you get into trouble in the usa for something or the other or just badluck, they could ask all the airline to submit, inventory of all your travel with them. ofcourse this will not tally with your passport stamps and u could be in a lot of trouble.

It something that a lot of Nigerians do in London too, they over stay by months, but when they get to 9ja, they get thier passport back stamped by tipping the officers at the aiport. That way thier passport never shows they over stayed and they can renew their visa always without problems. Untill all passenger have to go through immigration when they leave the us/uk, it is someone lots of Nigeria will continue to do. Now in the uk they do random stamping of passport on exit, but it only once in a while, when they stamp you then you will need to return within a few weeks and hope you dont get stamped again.

C'mon guys.. this is big big secrets coming out.Lets try and have some of these discussion in private please.

What i mean by getting ur green card and go back is that you would have to be coming in within a year. My elder brother has a green card, but he lives in Nigeria, he come in and go back once or twice a year, he works with NNPC in Nigeria, considering leaving such job and come to the US is not adviceable by me, u will agree with me that paying house rent back home is quite cheaper, what one spend for a month here will pay 6 months rent for the same type of house in Nigeria, so it is my advice for people with such jobs.

Please come off this kind of discussion. You are not doing Nigerians any good. We are not bad and please for God sake stop discrediting our people. I must let you know, your discussion on jobs and talking about divorce leaves much to be desired. Please stop embarrassing Nigerians. I will not let anyone say so much about oneself and thereby generalise that Nigerians are all like that. Possibly you are involved that is why you know. I may simply be hard and I am not apologetic at all about it. Elders in the house pardon me.