• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Has the issue of place of birth resolved?

I av read on this forum where winners reported people that were denied because of irregularities in their place of birth.
Most of us write Lagos as our place of B,but in the DSP form that we all filled the colon has province/city and we wrote our real PoB in Lagos ,the consulars i hope they don't deny pple base on that anymore

It's the Lords doing

I got to the embassy at about 5.45 am to my surprise their were about twenty people already waiting. By 6.15am one of the security men came and said we should open all sealed envelop.

By 6.30am they asked all DV and IV applicant to queue. The inspecting officer collected my letter and asked how much I was paying and I told him $775 and I was given a ticket and payment slip.

Within 5mins I was already in the Hall and made the payment to the cashier. After about 15mins, I was called to window 11 and the lady I met there asked for my document. The only document she collected from me was NPC Birth Cert, WAEC Cert, NYSC Cert, Degree Cert, and Police Report and My offer Letter of Employment. (Original and Copy) I was not asked for my sponsors document although I had it with me and my WAEC verification was not collected from me since I had the Original WAEC Certificate So the money I paid for verification was a seed I sowed to WAEC. After I submitted the documents, I went back to my to the hall. All my worries about name arrangement in my degree and NYSC cert was no issue to them. Anyway it was God at work. After about 1 hour, I was called again to window 11 (an old white man) and I took the oath

Interview Proper

Interviewer: Good morning
Me: Good morning sir
Interviewer: Can I have your receipt?
Me: I gave it to him and he gave me my form DS-230 to sign
Interviewer: What are your full names
Me: Bla Bla Bal
Interviewer: What is your date of birth and Place of birth
Me: XYZ
Interviewer: which University did you attend?
Interviewer: Why
Me; Because It was close to home
Interviewer: laughs
Interviewer: What course did you study?
Me: Mass Communication
Interviewer: what is it all about?
Me: Bla Bla Bla
Interviewer: What course did you do under mass communication?
Interviewer: where did you do your NYSC
Interviewer: What exactly did you do there?
Me: Taught English Language
Interviewer: Did you enjoy it?
Me: not really.
Interviewer: Laughs and ask why?
Me: It was very stressful because some of the children couldn’t speak English well so communication with some of them wasn’t easy.
Interviewers: Laughs again
Interviewer: The place you work what are they into?
Interviewer: Ok Just hold one for a second

At this point I knew the Lord has done it. He left and returned with the blue paper and asked me to come and pick up next week. It is the Lords doing. The whole thing lasted for 8mins.

Advice
For people that have WAEC statement of result please get a WAEC Scratch card and couple was asked to go back and come any other Friday with that. I also witnessed other people that were disqualified for one reason or the other. A woman and her family was disqualified because she wrote she was qualifying by job experience and the interviewer told her occupation which is trader trading does not qualify her. Others were disqualified for one reason or the other. For married people go with enough pictures of your engagement and wedding. If you have kids, take their pictures too and any family picture you have and arrange them well.

Above all it’s all about Gods favour. I did a lot of fasting and prayer and am encouraging you to do the same and the good Lord will see you all through. Amen
Many thanks to Modest, Admiral, Johnkent, Onyi, Adebayo and everybody that has contributed to this forum

I got to the embassy at about 5.45 am to my surprise their were about twenty people already waiting. By 6.15am one of the security men came and said we should open all sealed envelop.

By 6.30am they asked all DV and IV applicant to queue. The inspecting officer collected my letter and asked how much I was paying and I told him $775 and I was given a ticket and payment slip.

Within 5mins I was already in the Hall and made the payment to the cashier. After about 15mins, I was called to window 11 and the lady I met there asked for my document. The only document she collected from me was NPC Birth Cert, WAEC Cert, NYSC Cert, Degree Cert, and Police Report and My offer Letter of Employment. (Original and Copy) I was not asked for my sponsors document although I had it with me and my WAEC verification was not collected from me since I had the Original WAEC Certificate So the money I paid for verification was a seed I sowed to WAEC. After I submitted the documents, I went back to my to the hall. All my worries about name arrangement in my degree and NYSC cert was no issue to them. Anyway it was God at work. After about 1 hour, I was called again to window 11 (an old white man) and I took the oath

Interview Proper

Me: It was very stressful because some of the children couldn’t speak English well so communication with some of them wasn’t easy.

At this point I knew the Lord has done it. He left and returned with the blue paper and asked me to come and pick up next week. It is the Lords doing. The whole thing lasted for 8mins.

Advice
For people that have WAEC statement of result please get a WAEC Scratch card and couple was asked to go back and come any other Friday with that. I also witnessed other people that were disqualified for one reason or the other. A woman and her family was disqualified because she wrote she was qualifying by job experience and the interviewer told her occupation which is trader trading does not qualify her. Others were disqualified for one reason or the other. For married people go with enough pictures of your engagement and wedding. If you have kids, take their pictures too and any family picture you have and arrange them well.

Above all it’s all about Gods favour. I did a lot of fasting and prayer and am encouraging you to do the same and the good Lord will see you all through. Amen
Many thanks to Modest, Admiral, Johnkent, Onyi, Adebayo and everybody that has contributed to this forum
Congrat!!! so happy for you.

Congrats!

Interview Proper

Advice

Congrats! May the good Lord do ours too in Jesus' name=amen

Interview Proper

Advice

That is so good to hear.. you really had some good discussion not interview..Congratulations.. and may God bless you the more.

You said you were asked how much you wanted to pay. Does it mean that one can still make a choice on whether to pay half of full payment?

Modest the birth attestation i got recently carried my names and my husband`s name then in bracket my maiden name.please is that the right format

it is ok, just make sure your mother and father names are there
la chic comqrats
nelly p miami is ok wt tropical weather condition but a lot of job in texas

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulation

La Chic,
A very big congratulations. That was God's favour. We pray for more favour for all of us left to be interviewed.

Pls don't let ignore this issue!

I av read on this forum where winners reported people that were denied because of irregularities in their place of birth.
Most of us write Lagos as our place of B,but in the DSP form that we all filled the colon has province/city and we wrote our real PoB in Lagos ,the consulars i hope they don't deny pple base on that anymore

i asked this Q and nobody has responded,it's a serious issue,a lot of pple have been denied because of this.

Interview Proper

Advice

Congrats La Chic and success to all now current

Interview Proper

Advice

Congratulations La Chic its the lord`s doing and the may the blessing and good news go round all this house:). La chic how come you got one week for your visa pickup,is that the method now the embassy or yours is just an exemption

Congratulations La Chic its the lord`s doing and the may the blessing and good news go round all this house:). La chic how come you got one week for your visa pickup,is that the method now the embassy or yours is just an exemption

i think its been a week gap.i know personally two individuals who wer to pick up in a week,that is for this april.

HaPpY fOr YoU

Congrats o La Chic.

Pls pray for those of us that are under AP. we have been waiting earnestly for the Embassy call.

i think its been a week gap.i know personally two individuals who wer to pick up in a week,that is for this april.

Thats nice to hear that the visa are been picked up in a week now:),lets hope it continues like that. Wishing you success in your coming interview in May

Congratulations La chic... ur blessed

Thanks Modest,Nelly P, Onyii,Getshorty,Syntaxpro, orere, Davall, nedichuks, Aywire, admiral and all brothers in the house. Its Gods favour and contribution from great people like you guys that made it a reality. It takes one week to get the visa now.

The Lord that did it for me will do it for you all.

Hi Modest

we probably will need more detail obyoby, dat will help us to qive advise

let me commend Bossom and Johnkent, dey are really doinq very qood job, big up to you guys

i want to obeserved, we have not heard of people being interviewed of late, what exactly is happeninq

what happened to my case that resulted to administrative processing was that i was asked to list all the courses i did in my higher institution from year 1 to final year and explain each. I tried my best but i could not remember all at that moment. I was also asked questions on my Maths and physics which i did well in my o level but the woman said she was not satisfy with the answers i gave her on list of courses in the University. I also tried to let the woman know that i graduated five years ago and totally out of my field. I read biochemistry (5yrs ago) and i have been practicing administration ever since i graduated but the woman insisted i should remember at least 80% biochemistry since that was the course i read.

The truth is that i least expected the questions I was asked. i was thinking i will be asked about my work or stuff like that only. i have not joined this forum before then. i did not have the idea of the questions they normally ask.