• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Police Certificate

There is a new requirement for anyone whose interview is in the UK after the 15th April or has lived in the UK for 2 yrs in the past 5 years. There is a new poilce report that is required by the US embassy, not the old one that cost 10 pounds and takes 4 weeks. The new one cost 35 pounds - standard (10days) or 70 pounds - Premium (3days) and has a lot more requirement. The embassy will not accept the old one after the 15th.

If you do not present the new one, your visa will definatley be delayed.

http://www.acpo.police.uk/Certificates/Application Form.doc

Police Certificate

There is a new requirement for anyone whose interview is in the UK after the 15th April or has lived in the UK for 2 yrs in the past 5 years. There is a new poilce report that is required by the US embassy, not the old one that cost 10 pounds and takes 4 weeks. The new one cost 35 pounds - standard (10days) or 70 pounds - Premium (3days) and has a lot more requirement. The embassy will not accept the old one after the 15th.

Thanks for notifying us .We wish you all the best of luck on the 30th.Do let us have some feedback when you 're done !!!

Police Certificate

thanks

counting the days

I sleep and wake up to think of what 13th - 15th of april will bring..:)
I know am not going to be current by then.. but that will help me alot to know exactly wht next bulletin will look like..
but incase there is a miracle.. that means am going to be current.. wont that be wonderful..?:D

Johnket would have done his prediction..if not that he is current already..:D awhh we misss him ...haha

finger crossed

Good luck...to you all..

I sleep and wake up to think of what 13th - 15th of april will bring..:)
I know am not going to be current by then.. but that will help me alot to know exactly wht next bulletin will look like..
but incase there is a miracle.. that means am going to be current.. wont that be wonderful..?:D

Johnket would have done his prediction..if not that he is current already..:D awhh we misss him ...haha

finger crossed

Good luck...to you all..

haha. am still here guys. am not going anywhere until after september 30th. Anyway, i think it might get to 13,200 in may.

haha. am still here guys. am not going anywhere until after september 30th. Anyway, i tink it might get to 13,200 in may.

I also pray for a very big jump, this whole thing is getting to sliggish for my liking,
but I know Baba will do it

Dear My Naija Brothers & Sisters.

I need advise and opinion. I hold a UK MBA concentrating in finance. I hold a DV visa from DV 2008 just landed in the US. What are my chances of getting a good finance job without having a US MBA and US qualifications?

Can I compete favourably in the US finance market? I'm looking at New Jersey, New York and Connecticut.

Will appreciate any help and advise.

God bless you all.

You are still on track

Dear My Naija Brothers & Sisters.

I need advise and opinion. I hold a UK MBA concentrating in finance. I hold a DV visa from DV 2008 just landed in the US. What are my chances of getting a good finance job without having a US MBA and US qualifications?

Can I compete favourably in the US finance market? I'm looking at New Jersey, New York and Connecticut.

Will appreciate any help and advise.

God bless you all.

I will advice that you should do your evaluation and you will definately need to go back and do a few months refreshial course and then you will be right on track and i promise you the sky will not be ur limit. you can also do intern ship training with some top firms and that will shoot you to where u wanna be.

Urgent Information needed pls

My sponsor is in the process of completing the Form I-134 (affidavit of support).

The page 4, No 11 of the form states that the sponsor should indicate the the exact nature and duration of the contribution he intends to make. He asked me if statement like the one below is okay for my wife and I.

"I will accomodate and give them a monthly allowance of $500 for six months"

Johnkent, Modest and others pls respond.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
My sponsor is in the process of completing the Form I-134 (affidavit of support).

The page 4, No 11 of the form states that the sponsor should indicate the the exact nature and duration of the contribution he intends to make. He asked me if statement like the one below is okay for my wife and I.

"I will accomodate and give them a monthly allowance of $500 for six months"

Johnkent, Modest and others pls respond.

Thank you.

If he(your sponsor) intends to give you guys a monthly allowance of $500 then he should be able to prove that he's earning at least 6 digits figure which will earn him a disposable income of at least $1000 after paying his morgage etc.Personally i feel this will sound too much of a genuine commitment for a clever consular officer who might want to probe for more documentation.To avoid this it will be best for him to just state that he'll rather accomodate you for as long as it will take you guys to find a job and rent an apartment.It's not realistic for a married couple like you and your wife to receive monthly allowance from anybody.As long as you are married , you should be able to meet all your financial obligations even if it takes borrowing from your bank.My final word is that these consular officers are well trained psychologists and sometimes they read your intentions as you speak so please beware of this..
Thanks

If he(your sponsor) intends to give you guys a monthly allowance of $500 then he should be able to prove that he's earning at least 6 digits figure which will earn him a disposable income of at least $1000 after paying his morgage etc.Personally i feel this will sound too much of a genuine commitment for a clever consular officer who might want to probe for more documentation.To avoid this it will be best for him to just state that he'll rather accomodate you for as long as it will take you guys to find a job and rent an apartment.It's not realistic for a married couple like you and your wife to receive monthly allowance from anybody.As long as you are married , you should be able to meet all your financial obligations even if it takes borrowing from your bank.My final word is that these consular officers are well trained psychologists and sometimes they read your intentions as you speak so please beware of this..
Thanks

Thank you Abeku66. That is a brilliant advise.

I dont want to make any mistake, that's why i decided to throw the question to the house.

pls does anyone has more contribution to make to my question as I will be calling my sponsor this evening.

Thank you.

Thanks

Very nice. we that live here in the states know that he would have a hard time giving u guys $500 monthly. thats very unreal. he must be making pretty good money

Hello House,
I need some clarifications.
In one of the requirements expected from the sponsor is 'His reponsibility in social security act. He just wrote me an email telling me he does not have idea what that means. Johnkent, Modest or any body who may have an idea can please let me know how to advice him because my interview is drawing closer and closer. I NEED ADVICE Pleassssssssssssssssssssssssssse

Hello House,
I need some clarifications.
In one of the requirements expected from the sponsor is 'His reponsibility in social security act. He just wrote me an email telling me he does not have idea what that means. Johnkent, Modest or any body who may have an idea can please let me know how to advice him because my interview is drawing closer and closer. I NEED ADVICE Pleassssssssssssssssssssssssssse

i don't know what that means. All USCIS forms are very self explanatory.

Very nice. we that live here in the states know that he would have a hard time giving u guys $500 monthly. thats very unreal. he must be making pretty good money

funny enough, i don't live in the US . I live in England but i know the economic realities of the western world are similar.

hey!

Hello, every one. I arrived Columbus, OH on Sunday at about 3:30pm. I'm lucky the weather is not so cold, about 16 degrees, i.e like you find in split A.Cs in 9ja. I've been to the SSN office yesterday, and i got to fill there forms with the card scheduled to arrive in about 2wks time.

What i've just been doing for the past 3days is watching TV, and working on my notebook computer. Really boring, cos i get to stay at home all day when my host goes to work. Does anyone know if there're restrictions on making money from forex, here in the States

Hello Johnkent
Thanks for your answer. if it a form I must get and send to him (my sponsor) do u know where I can get that form? It was only mentioned in the letter sent to usthat he should show his responsibility in social security act. Kindly look out for more information for me. Thanks

Hello, every one. I arrived Columbus, OH on Sunday at about 3:30pm. I'm lucky the weather is not so cold, about 16 degrees, i.e like you find in split A.Cs in 9ja. I've been to the SSN office yesterday, and i got to fill there forms with the card scheduled to arrive in about 2wks time.

What i've just been doing for the past 3days is watching TV, and working on my notebook computer. Really boring, cos i get to stay at home all day when my host goes to work. Does anyone know if there're restrictions on making money from forex, here in the States

The sky is ur limit. Just don't get involved in any shaddy deals and welcome to the US

I believe its better for you to deal in forex in nigeria or stock exchange, the market is a lot more stable at the moment compared to the usa or euporean markets.

As mentioned be careful that whatever you decide let you action not be misinterpreted by anyone. You mean what to use this time at home to do some exams in the field you are in by doing quick qualification.

Goodluck, it can be boring being home sometime but at least there is light.