• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Hi everyone, does any one know what the procedures are for someone that need to change his/her address.I want to know how someone can go about it. I have moved to UK and I want to change my address and place of interview to UK.
I will appreciate it if anyone can tell me in details what the procedures are. thanks

Re:rashbabee

You mean what to use this time at home to do some exams in the field you are in by doing quick qualification.

Goodluck, it can be boring being home sometime but at least there is light.

Thanks for your advice. Yep, i guess instead of staying idle, i should just start reading for some exams.

Yep, there's light, but when you're used to going out, it's gets boring being stationary. I think i should start thinking of getting a small car, bcos i've noticed that public transport here are very few. You can count the taxis, and buses. Most people prefer private vehicles, than public here compared to other places like NYC.

Thanks for your advice. Yep, i guess instead of staying idle, i should just start reading for some exams.

Yep, there's light, but when you're used to going out, it's gets boring being stationary. I think i should start thinking of getting a small car, bcos i've noticed that public transport here are very few. You can count the taxis, and buses. Most people prefer private vehicles, than public here compared to other places like NYC.

Yup, most cities in the US do not have good transport system which means most people get around by private car. Again, even if you do get a car, there are very limited places to go. To be honest, this is a boring place and not a whole lot to do.

onyii
I feel the same way as you too, I am also looking forward to the May bulletin in my mail box in the next couple of days. I have looked at all kinds of case number scenarios and concluded that I will not be current in the next bulletin; my best bet is to be current is in the June/July Bulletins which has the advance notification for August/September i.e. “ All things being equal”. Only time will tell.

House,
Does anyone know what the CP success rate is for our 9ja folks who have been interviewed so far?

Demoddon

Transport system is terrible in most part of america, everyone has 1 or 2 cars.

Getting a car this early on might not be a good idea, because there are so much other things you need to pay for, it's not just buying the car, there are taxes, insurance, mot, etc and petrol is so expensive currently.

Another option is to go motor vehicle to fill form to do your driving test, they will give you a highway code book to read so you can do your theory test. You will also have to do a written test on drug and alchol after watching a video. That will definately keep you busy for a week, then do you driving test pratical if you can but you might need to take one or 2 lessons which is what i did so that you understand what the test will be all about.

Aboard can be so boring if you are home alone, but its up to you what you can achieve in that time. Another way you can entertain yourself is to go open your bank account now, it will take about 2 weeks to receive your bank cards etc.

Now i get what you mean. This is the form your sponsor needs to fill out
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-134.pdf
hay John,
Thank you for all the responses you have rendered. The web link you sent is the affidavit of support form that bears I-134. HIs reponsibilty under social security act is listed in addition to the form you are refering to.Below is the list of things required from my sponsor as was listed in the letter sent.
1. Affidavit of Support
2. Your responsibility under social security act
3. Your job verification letter from employer
4. Bank letter
5. Most recent US W-2 form and 1040 Tax return.
My Sponsor has gotten all items above except No 2. I am a bit confused about the whole thing. What is your advice.

hay John,
Thank you for all the responses you have rendered. The web link you sent is the affidavit of support form that bears I-134. HIs reponsibilty under social security act is listed in addition to the form you are refering to.Below is the list of things required from my sponsor as was listed in the letter sent.
1. Affidavit of Support
2. Your responsibility under social security act
3. Your job verification letter from employer
4. Bank letter
5. Most recent US W-2 form and 1040 Tax return.
My Sponsor has gotten all items above except No 2. I am a bit confused about the whole thing. What is your advice.

I don't know what the means if it does at all mean anything.i hope someone on here who did CP can help ya out.
How much did the medical test cost ya and how long would it take to get the result back.
I can't remember then name of the other stuff the embassy asks for, but i think it has to do with criminal history check. How much did that cost ya to get one of those and how long did it take??

Hi everyone, does any one know what the procedures are for someone that need to change his/her address.I want to know how someone can go about it. I have moved to UK and I want to change my address and place of interview to UK.
I will appreciate it if anyone can tell me in details what the procedures are. thanks

best bet.... call KCC direct and tell them about it. They will advise you what to do.Their number should be on one of the forms you received in the NL.

Hello House,

My sponsor is sending the following documents:
1. Affidavit of Support (form I-134)
2. Tax returns
3. Bank Statement of Account (Not Bank Letter)
4. Pay stub
5. Photocopy of data page of his US passport

Pls note:
Job verification letter from his employer and Bank Letter are not included.

Is he suppose to include those two other items (Job verification letter and Bank Letter) or the 5 items listed above suffice?

Pls advise.

I don't know what the means if it does at all mean anything.i hope someone on here who did CP can help ya out.
How much did the medical test cost ya and how long would it take to get the result back.
I can't remember then name of the other stuff the embassy asks for, but i think it has to do with criminal history check. How much did that cost ya to get one of those and how long did it take??
Hi John,
Thanks for ur answers.. i hope someone in the house will be able to help before my interview.
For the Medical, the total fee is N15,800 but you pay initial deposit of N10,000. You will be given another appointment for about two weeks interval except if your interview date falls before then, you may be considered by making the appointment shorter for physical examinal and consequently, the medical report.
The other document is police report. It depends on who you meet at the police Head qtrs. There is no fixed price for that one.The range is btew N2500 and N4500. It also may take two weeks or lesser.
I just want to add here that any couple taking their children for medicals should go with their international passport and Immunization records. If their records are complete, then you may have to pay only N3500 for each child's medical. If they are more than four years old, you may pay additional. Feel free to ask anything about medical cos i have been there.

Hi John,
Thanks for ur answers.. i hope someone in the house will be able to help before my interview.
For the Medical, the total fee is N15,800 but you pay initial deposit of N10,000. You will be given another appointment for about two weeks interval except if your interview date falls before then, you may be considered by making the appointment shorter for physical examinal and consequently, the medical report.
The other document is police report. It depends on who you meet at the police Head qtrs. There is no fixed price for that one.The range is btew N2500 and N4500. It also may take two weeks or lesser.
I just want to add here that any couple taking their children for medicals should go with their international passport and Immunization records. If their records are complete, then you may have to pay only N3500 for each child's medical. If they are more than four years old, you may pay additional. Feel free to ask anything about medical cos i have been there.

Thanks for the info.

Hi John,

So have u gone to get your police report from Alagbon yet? but the way you wrote it you said to get the final police report takes two weeks or more thats surprising to hear but in the other posts of previous winners they wrote its takes one day{few hours}to get the reports done or is it the new method now?? Then again on the first day of the medicals in Kamoras clinic how does the process go? and if someone coming from outside lagos what should one have in mind.

na God hand we dey oooo

bulletin for june

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN JUNE

For June, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2008 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 32,000 Except:
Egypt:
Ethiopia:
Nigeria:

ASIA 11,900
EUROPE 26,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 12
OCEANIA 1,500
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,700

Yesterday i go my 2nd package and my interview is next month,the only documents inside the package is just for medicals,is that always the only thing there????please can any body tell me wat to do?,what hospital do i go to?how much money do i take there?what and what should i go along with to the hospital and what time of the day can i go to the hospital?please there is a colon i have to fill my passwort number and i dont have a passport yet,what do i do to that?
2008AF00010XXX
2nd package received.

Yesterday i go my 2nd package and my interview is next month,the only documents inside the package is just for medicals,is that always the only thing there????please can any body tell me wat to do?,what hospital do i go to?how much money do i take there?what and what should i go along with to the hospital and what time of the day can i go to the hospital?please there is a colon i have to fill my passwort number and i dont have a passport yet,what do i do to that?
2008AF00010XXX
2nd package received.

The name of the hospital is Kamoras, located at No. 236A Muri Okunola Str, Victoria Island. They open 9am - 1pm (Mon - Fri) and 9am - 12noon (Sat). Go with the ffg: International Passport, 2 passport photograph, Medical Forms, deposit of N10,000. The total cost of the medical is N15,800, but you are require to pay a deposit of N10,000 (for each adult) on your first appointment date.

You need to get your passport as fast as possible because you will need it for your medicals and police certificate.

Police certificate

So have u gone to get your police report from Alagbon yet? but the way you wrote it you said to get the final police report takes two weeks or more thats surprising to hear but in the other posts of previous winners they wrote its takes one day{few hours}to get the reports done or is it the new method now?? Then again on the first day of the medicals in Kamoras clinic how does the process go? and if someone coming from outside lagos what should one have in mind.

I got my police certificate last week. It took just about two hours. This is to correct the notion that police certificate takes two weeks or thereabout.

On your first appointment at kamoras, you will be required to pay deposit of N10,000 (out of the N15,800 total cost). You will pay the money in the nearby GTBank. You can do your blood test and x-ray same day while you will be given appointment for the other examinations.

I hope this helps

I got my police certificate last week. It took just about two hours. This is to correct the notion that police certificate takes two weeks or thereabout.

On your first appointment at kamoras, you will be required to pay deposit of N10,000 (out of the N15,800 total cost). You will pay the money in the nearby GTBank. You can do your blood test and x-ray same day while you will be given appointment for the other examinations.

I hope this helps
The correct addres for Kamoross is 238A NOT 236A as earler stated. YOU MUST GO WITH YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT otherwise you will not be attened to. 2 passport photographs and N10,000 deposit

Yes, I have done my police report. I sent it to Alagbon from Benin City and it took one week.
For those going for medicals and staying outside lagos, you can plan two or more days for it. The clinic opens btw 8am and 1pm working days and saturdy 9am-1pm

Affidavit of Support

Hello House,

My sponsor is sending the following documents:
1. Affidavit of Support (form I-134)
2. Tax returns
3. Bank Statement of Account (Not Bank Letter)
4. Pay stub
5. Photocopy of data page of his US passport

Pls note:
Job verification letter from his employer and Bank Letter are not included.

Is he suppose to include those two other items (Job verification letter and Bank Letter) or the 5 items listed above suffice?

Pls advise.

I hope this helps

Thanks for the info BOSOM it was really explanatory, so how does the process of getting the police certificate at Alagbon goes{you know how Niaja police matter get as he be!} and how you paid for yours?