• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

God Bless America

First of all I will like to thank almighty Allah for making things working out fine for me, Modest and co may we continue give thanks to god in this house, I will like to post my experience at the embassy .i got to embassy around 6 o clock. We were asked to line up around 7am .i later got into the embassy paid the money to the cashier. I was given a slip dv 49, I happen to be the last for that day and I witnessed many interview on that day I was called for interview around 3pm, this pretty young lady in window 12 denied many dv winners due to one reason to another. A girl was refused due to mistake in DOB.another girl who presented hair dressing certificate was denied too. she called my number and this is our conversations.
Lady =ur full name, DOB, place of birth
Me= bla bla bla
Lady =and ur wife……………..
Me= blab la bla
Lady=tell me what you understand about commerce
Me= blab la bla
Lady=what is balance of trade
Lady=what is import
Lady=what is Economics
Lady=what is opportunity cost
Lady=demand and supply
lady= what is government
Lady=arms of government
Lady=Tell me about logarithm in math’s
Lady= what do we use to solve logarithm in math’s
She was surprise that I answered every of her questions. By this time she started smiling:)
Lady= when did you married
Me=02=02=………
Lady=can I see some of ur wedding pictures?
Me= I gave it to her is about 32pics
She then call on my wife,
Lady=why do ur marry him?
My wife=cause i love him so much
Lady=how many children do you intend to have?
My wife=3
Lady=ah ah ah ah ah :D
By then I know god has done it, she then gave us pick up slip and she said welcome to America.my advice is that good things require fasting and prayer with courage plus faith.just be bold and God will see y,all thru Amen;)

wow

house .
am finally done, i picked up my visa with my wife's and we will be leavin thursday. am happy for your encouragements and all . modest and the rest of the crew, i love you all . will contribute my quota of experience for others ,
God's spped

First of all I will like to thank almighty Allah for making things working out fine for me, Modest and co may we continue give thanks to god in this house, I will like to post my experience at the embassy .i got to embassy around 6 o clock. We were asked to line up around 7am .i later got into the embassy paid the money to the cashier. I was given a slip dv 49, I happen to be the last for that day and I witnessed many interview on that day I was called for interview around 3pm, this pretty young lady in window 12 denied many dv winners due to one reason to another. A girl was refused due to mistake in DOB.another girl who presented hair dressing certificate was denied too. she called my number and this is our conversations.
Me= bla bla bla
Lady =and ur wife……………..
Me= blab la bla
Me= blab la bla
Lady=what is import
Lady=what is Economics
Lady=demand and supply
lady= what is government
Lady=arms of government
She was surprise that I answered every of her questions. By this time she started smiling:)
Me=02=02=………
My wife=3
By then I know god has done it, she then gave us pick up slip and she said welcome to America.my advice is that good things require fasting and prayer with courage plus faith.just be bold and God will see y,all thru Amen;)

we all thank God for ur success and full story of the experince, but what urs
qualification that u were asked questions from commerce to govt to economics? i did love to know what about that

Congrats man!

I really thank God for you, I pray and hope the good Lord will do the same for all of us in this house.

Do you mean that nothing about your wife's educational qualification was asked by the Lady?

hi ,
i 'd like to say that . its basically little effort by us and the main bulk by God.
compare this two scenarios that happened on the day of my interview .
a guy was called to window 12, he was a married man with kids , but chose to travel alone . when the interviewer inquired about the rest of his family , the man innocently said he was not financially bouyant and would rather leave them in nigeria. the interviewer looked at him in amasemnet and said ,
\well sir, i find it disturbin that you have a family down here and didnt think it appropriate to co-join your application . i find that atitude irresponsible . am sorry i cant grant you visa into the united states, have a lovely day sir.

scenario two - a tall cool looking guy was called for an interview.
interviewer asked him , sir i understand you are married , but chose to travel alone , why is that? he replies ,well , my wife is very busy here , so i prefer leaving her here with the kids , while i seek for other money making venture abroad, interviewer said - and she agreed to this , the guy said "yes "with a smile .
the rest is history , guys gets to pick his pink form and pick up date ,
so you see, its just ur luck and God's favor/
God luck everyone , you will be successful at the end of the day.

luv you all

house .
am finally done, i picked up my visa with my wife's and we will be leavin thursday. am happy for your encouragements and all . modest and the rest of the crew, i love you all . will contribute my quota of experience for others ,
God's spped

congrats on ur visa pick up man,so can u share wit the house ur interview day experince for others to feel

hi davall

we all thank God for ur success and full story of the experince, but what urs
qualification that u were asked questions from commerce to govt to economics? i did love to know what about that

davall, i went along with my cert Bsc Sociology,And the man i submitted my Documents told me to bring out my WAEC cert,and i gave him only that.It is good to present your WAEC cause they ask too much questions from degree holder.

moon&star

Congrats man!

I really thank God for you, I pray and hope the good Lord will do the same for all of us in this house.

Do you mean that nothing about your wife's educational qualification was asked by the Lady?

No educational qualification was asked,only Birth cert&Marriage cert cause am the primary applicant

moon&star

Congrats man!

No educational qualification was asked,only Birth cert&Marriage cert cause am the primary applicant

congratulations.

Me= bla bla bla
Lady =and ur wife……………..
Me= blab la bla
Me= blab la bla
Lady=what is import
Lady=what is Economics
Lady=demand and supply
lady= what is government
Lady=arms of government
Me=02=02=………
My wife=3

Congratulationssss.

Congratulations

...By then I know god has done it, she then gave us pick up slip and she said welcome to America.my advice is that good things require fasting and prayer with courage plus faith.just be bold and God will see y,all thru Amen;)

Well done Mac and family. You may start dreaming...The American Dream!

Fire-power!!!!!

First of all I will like to thank almighty Allah for making things working out fine for me, Modest and co may we continue give thanks to god in this house, I will like to post my experience at the embassy .
Big congratulations you and your wife, Mac.
It is incredible the barrage of questions that #12 had for you. It is
heart-warming that you went there with an over-whelming fire-power to suppress her onslaught.
Congratulations again.
I must say that I identify with a point raised by Liveforum some time ago. These questions are bizzare, since they have no relevance to US immigration law as far as I understand. It will be sad if the visa officers are going outside the law [which they are sworn to uphold], just to create a bottle-neck for Nigerians. After reading through this forum for over a year, it seems that only Nigerians get ambushed with these types of questions.
Does any one know how we can level the playing field so that we get treated the same way as other folks from other countries?
It will make life easier if you can concentrate on providing proper documentations rather than having to re-take your WAEC and Degree exams on the spot.
"Tell me about logarithm in Maths".....Haba!!!!!!:eek::eek:

do i need affidavit of support?

hello house,i'll be getting married for real in Dec. and i'll like to include my wife in my application now ,do i need affidavit of support & moreover including her now that my case is not current,won't it jeopadise my chance of being successful,i really need to know so that i don't blow up everything.

hi everybody in the house,i have been hed pple saying that they called kcc,what is the number?i have tried the one in the NL but dosen't go through,always saying the number is incorrect.can anyone paste the number kindly how it should be enter on phone for me pls.thanks
niyi
case number:2008AF00000***

hi everybody in the house,i have been hed pple saying that they called kcc,what is the number?i have tried the one in the NL but dosen't go through,always saying the number is incorrect.can anyone paste the number kindly how it should be enter on phone for me pls.thanks
niyi
case number:2008AF00000***

If you are from Nigeria dail:009 1 606 526 7500, 009 is the exit code for Nigeria so if you are not a Nigerian dail your exit code b4 USA code which is 1.

KCC Confirmation

Hello house pls am new here but first things first congrats to all the Dv2007 & new Dv2008 winners that are now in the states.am a Dv2008 winner and my question is that on ur foot notes you all write confirmation from KCC date,so i decided to write to KCc to let me know if they have recieved my package and is been processed[but am sure the package got to them becos the DHL status showed delivered wen i tracked it],but since early this month of November till now i have not gotten any reply from them since i sent KCC the email and am sure that i gave all my right datas in the email i wrote to them,or does it take that long for them to reply sure emails,or shud i just wait or write them again or call tru their phone lines.