• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Felow good people of this forum, How can I ever explain the Awesomeness of our God. Simply put, HE is too much.
Today, the 8th of November, 2007, my family was at the embassy for our scheduled appointment, and behold, it is another unprecedented favour. Find below my account.
5.12am. Left our home in Ebute Metta West area of Lagos Mainland.
5.32am. Got to the NAPEX car park with the gate still closed with just a car parked at the main entrance, so we pulled up beside the car at the main entrance.
5.45am. Other cars and taxi began to come in.
6.00am. Those photographs guy were on prowl, looking for vulnerable people with the idea of one eared, two ears photographs.
6.50am. The draw box line was formed.
7.00am. The IV/DV line was formed from where we all now marched to the proper waiting line.
7.02am. Instruction to open all sealed envelopes without exception were communicated.
7.20am. The line began to move.
7.51am. My family got to the screening gate. The passport photographs were checked and certified o.k. Then the 2nd notification letter was collected and crossed check with the list. A look at the officer ticking our names on his list will possibly put us in the 2nd position on the DV list for the morning batch. The officer asked, Oga do you have all the money for the three applicants? I answered Yes. He said $755 in three places, and I again answered Yes. We were registered as DV 25, 26 and 27, but only my yellow slip was handed over as the principal applicant.
7.59am. We got to another desk where a contact information slip was handed over to me (to be filled). Our passport was collected and returned. Payment slip handed over to me.
8.03am. Entry into the waiting hall.
8.20am. Payment for the three was made. The dollars were screened thoroughly. Please note that a DV winner was asked to change about $30 that was not printed recently. Ensure your dollars are printed within the last five years and made possibly without $1 denomination. I advised this guy to go outside and look for the malam for exchange and he may have to compensate them. He did and God helped, as he was been called, he came and rush to turn his documents.
9.20am. Our number was called to appear in window 5. A nice man who screened my documents and returns many originals back to me, but took the photocopies. Note, only two passports are required. Behold, the forms submitted to KCC were live in front of me. The passports used were removed and returned to us. He asked me why I collected a letter from WAEC, and I explained that there was a word error in my surname, instead of N, WAEC wrote W. He asked whether I have a photocopy and I said No, bcos I did not open the letter until I was asked to open all sealed envelopes this morning at the embassy. He now requested I remove it from the envelopes and give to him, which I did. He mow asked us to return down stair and listen for our number to be called.
9.37am. We returned down stair and sat. At this time my baby girl started showing the stuff she was made of, playing and even roughly too.
10.18am. A number was called, I only heard 25, put don’t know whether IV or DV.
10.19am. The number was called again and behold it is our number, but at this point my little daughter prevented me from hearing the window. I asked people upstair if they hear the window, and all said no.
10.20am. Our number was called again and the Lady said emphatically, FOR THE LAST TIME. It was window 7.
10.21am. We quickly move there.
The conversation began.
Officer: Why did you not come up the first time I called?
J Cloud: My baby was playing loud, so I could not hear well.
Turn to my wife.
Officer: Lift up your right hand and say after me……the oath, we pledged to tell the truth alone.
Officer: How did you meet this man and when?
My wife: I was deployed to his dept in 1997.
Officer, cut in: you were his boss?
My wife: No.
Officer: He was your boss?
My wife: Yes.
Looks at me, and I nod my head in affirmation. She smiled.
Officer: When did you get married to this man?
My wife: October, 20xx.
Officer: Did he pay dowry?
My wife: Yes, but was returned.
She looked at me with an enquiry mind and I cut in “My in-laws returned the dowry, bcos they were not prepared to sell their daughter”. She laughed.
Officer: You must have given lot of Star?
My wife cut in: No star.
Officer: Plenty of yam tubers, malta, ‘mineras’.
We both answered Yes and corrected her, ‘malta guinness’.
J Cloud: We have photographs.
Officer: I know, we will get there.
Officer: This is your only daughter for now?
Officer: Where did you give birth to her?
My wife: At the RCCG hospital here in Lagos.
Officer: What does she weigh at birth?
We both answered ….3.xxxkg.
Officer: Was he there at delivery? Pointing to me.
We both said Yes. She was surprised. I told her it is our church hospital policy for every man to be beside his wife at delivery.
Officer: That is nice.
She then asked my wife to sign her form and as well sign for our daughter. She gave me handkerchief to clean the face of the finger print machine which I did. We (My wife and I) both did our finger prints. We did not have any pen on us. The officer now told us to use the pen placed for applicants. She said my wife could go and sit down, but my daughter protested. The officer smiled and said she is the father’s favourite, that they both can stand with me. We both nod our heads.
Officer: You won the DV lottery and that is why you are here.
J Cloud: Yes.
Officer: If we find you eligible, you will be issue visa.
J Cloud: That will be fine.
Officer: Where were you born?
J Cloud: Feb xx, 19xx.
Officer: Where?
J Cloud: Lagos.
Officer: Your wife birth date and place of birth?
J cloud: Answered.
Officer: Your daughter date of birth?
J Cloud: Answered.
Officer: What did you buy for daughter on her last birthday.
J Cloud: New dress and a tricycle.
Officer: Not okada?
J Cloud: I said No, with all of us laughing.
Officer: Show me the weddings picture you liked most and that of your daughter.
J Cloud: I did.
Officer: Please give me a minute.
She turned away and started typing. At this point I know God has done it.
Officer: Please come Nov., 27th for your visa pick up and welcome to America.
J Cloud: Thank you.
The officer then gave us the pick up slip. The time was 10.40am (Twenty solid minutes of fun). We were through.
From my observation, we are the first DV for the day.
Somebody once said, tell God how you want your interview to be, and be rest assured, so shall it be. No question was asked on qualifications or work experience. So ours may be unique.
God bless this house forever. Jrcies, Modest, Baba Aladura, Adebayo, Mrunique, Thonia 2, Mama J and every members. Thank you.

congrats... our God is good for ever and ever..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, we collected our visas today. Tomorrow (Friday) is a holiday for us so I am off for a lovely long weekend. Have a great weekend everyone.

Felow good people of this forum, How can I ever explain the Awesomeness of our God. Simply put, HE is too much.
Today, the 8th of November, 2007, my family was at the embassy for our scheduled appointment, and behold, it is another unprecedented favour. Find below my account.
5.12am. Left our home in Ebute Metta West area of Lagos Mainland.
5.32am. Got to the NAPEX car park with the gate still closed with just a car parked at the main entrance, so we pulled up beside the car at the main entrance.
5.45am. Other cars and taxi began to come in.
6.00am. Those photographs guy were on prowl, looking for vulnerable people with the idea of one eared, two ears photographs.
6.50am. The draw box line was formed.
7.00am. The IV/DV line was formed from where we all now marched to the proper waiting line.
7.02am. Instruction to open all sealed envelopes without exception were communicated.
7.20am. The line began to move.
7.51am. My family got to the screening gate. The passport photographs were checked and certified o.k. Then the 2nd notification letter was collected and crossed check with the list. A look at the officer ticking our names on his list will possibly put us in the 2nd position on the DV list for the morning batch. The officer asked, Oga do you have all the money for the three applicants? I answered Yes. He said $755 in three places, and I again answered Yes. We were registered as DV 25, 26 and 27, but only my yellow slip was handed over as the principal applicant.
7.59am. We got to another desk where a contact information slip was handed over to me (to be filled). Our passport was collected and returned. Payment slip handed over to me.
8.03am. Entry into the waiting hall.
8.20am. Payment for the three was made. The dollars were screened thoroughly. Please note that a DV winner was asked to change about $30 that was not printed recently. Ensure your dollars are printed within the last five years and made possibly without $1 denomination. I advised this guy to go outside and look for the malam for exchange and he may have to compensate them. He did and God helped, as he was been called, he came and rush to turn his documents.
9.20am. Our number was called to appear in window 5. A nice man who screened my documents and returns many originals back to me, but took the photocopies. Note, only two passports are required. Behold, the forms submitted to KCC were live in front of me. The passports used were removed and returned to us. He asked me why I collected a letter from WAEC, and I explained that there was a word error in my surname, instead of N, WAEC wrote W. He asked whether I have a photocopy and I said No, bcos I did not open the letter until I was asked to open all sealed envelopes this morning at the embassy. He now requested I remove it from the envelopes and give to him, which I did. He mow asked us to return down stair and listen for our number to be called.
9.37am. We returned down stair and sat. At this time my baby girl started showing the stuff she was made of, playing and even roughly too.
10.18am. A number was called, I only heard 25, put don’t know whether IV or DV.
10.19am. The number was called again and behold it is our number, but at this point my little daughter prevented me from hearing the window. I asked people upstair if they hear the window, and all said no.
10.20am. Our number was called again and the Lady said emphatically, FOR THE LAST TIME. It was window 7.
10.21am. We quickly move there.
The conversation began.
Officer: Why did you not come up the first time I called?
J Cloud: My baby was playing loud, so I could not hear well.
Turn to my wife.
Officer: Lift up your right hand and say after me……the oath, we pledged to tell the truth alone.
Officer: How did you meet this man and when?
My wife: I was deployed to his dept in 1997.
Officer, cut in: you were his boss?
My wife: No.
Officer: He was your boss?
Looks at me, and I nod my head in affirmation. She smiled.
Officer: When did you get married to this man?
My wife: October, 20xx.
Officer: Did he pay dowry?
My wife: Yes, but was returned.
She looked at me with an enquiry mind and I cut in “My in-laws returned the dowry, bcos they were not prepared to sell their daughter”. She laughed.
Officer: You must have given lot of Star?
My wife cut in: No star.
Officer: Plenty of yam tubers, malta, ‘mineras’.
We both answered Yes and corrected her, ‘malta guinness’.
J Cloud: We have photographs.
Officer: I know, we will get there.
Officer: This is your only daughter for now?
Officer: Where did you give birth to her?
My wife: At the RCCG hospital here in Lagos.
Officer: What does she weigh at birth?
We both answered ….3.xxxkg.
Officer: Was he there at delivery? Pointing to me.
We both said Yes. She was surprised. I told her it is our church hospital policy for every man to be beside his wife at delivery.
Officer: That is nice.
She then asked my wife to sign her form and as well sign for our daughter. She gave me handkerchief to clean the face of the finger print machine which I did. We (My wife and I) both did our finger prints. We did not have any pen on us. The officer now told us to use the pen placed for applicants. She said my wife could go and sit down, but my daughter protested. The officer smiled and said she is the father’s favourite, that they both can stand with me. We both nod our heads.
Officer: You won the DV lottery and that is why you are here.
J Cloud: Yes.
Officer: If we find you eligible, you will be issue visa.
J Cloud: That will be fine.
Officer: Where were you born?
J Cloud: Feb xx, 19xx.
Officer: Where?
J Cloud: Lagos.
Officer: Your wife birth date and place of birth?
J cloud: Answered.
Officer: Your daughter date of birth?
J Cloud: Answered.
Officer: What did you buy for daughter on her last birthday.
J Cloud: New dress and a tricycle.
Officer: Not okada?
J Cloud: I said No, with all of us laughing.
Officer: Show me the weddings picture you liked most and that of your daughter.
J Cloud: I did.
Officer: Please give me a minute.
She turned away and started typing. At this point I know God has done it.
Officer: Please come Nov., 27th for your visa pick up and welcome to America.
J Cloud: Thank you.
The officer then gave us the pick up slip. The time was 10.40am (Twenty solid minutes of fun). We were through.
From my observation, we are the first DV for the day.
Somebody once said, tell God how you want your interview to be, and be rest assured, so shall it be. No question was asked on qualifications or work experience. So ours may be unique.
God bless this house forever. Jrcies, Modest, Baba Aladura, Adebayo, Mrunique, Thonia 2, Mama J and every members. Thank you.

PRAISE GOD. CONGRATULATION MY BROTHER.GOD HAS DONE IT AGAIN. WISHING U ALL D BEST.

j cloud

waoh, waoh waoh
God is good, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen welcome to America

J, pls edit ur pick up date to 27 inplace of 7 thanks
Islandgirl, u are now American girl

Dear Modest,

This question is for you and all the others who can help out. We're about to apply for the DV 2009 Visa lottery but I have a question that has been bugging my mind. I'm married with 2 kids. The first one was born in the US while the 2nd was born in Nigeria. In filling the Online Form, do i have to include the first child's entry since He's my Child? He already has an American Passport. If I don't include his entry, will I declare that I have just 1 CHild? What happens if we eventually win and need to go do all of the verifications, show family Album etc?

Please let me have your advise on this.

Children include all biological children, legally adopted children, and stepchildren who are unmarried and under the age of 21 on the date that you submit your entry. Failure to include all children or inclusion of children who are not your biological children, legally adopted children, and stepchildren (regardless of whether they live with you and/or intend to apply for a visa as your derivative) is grounds for disqualification of the entire entry.

Legal Permanent Residents (LPR) and American Citizens should not be included.

so write one child

hey guys i just wanna use this medium to express my love for your oneness in this forum i'm a dv 1999 winner my self, my mum won in 2005 and my older sister in 2006 , and we are all here in the states, lately i've been going through ur tread and i think this is amazing, you guys are doing a wonderful job assisting each other , and words are not enough to explain how much i love your oneness. my advise to those of you who are yet to go for your interview is , just be your self , don't have any worries what so ever, i'v been in the states since dec of 1999 and i realized that the whites are just like anyone else always look them in the eyes when talk to them and always have a smile on your face, this also applies to when you get her, because i believe whoever reads this is for sure gonna be successful during his/her interview. have a good day guys.

nice to have u around
i hope u will regularly contribute to the forum

regards

jcloud
congratulationa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all other things left, the lord will perfect

a big congratulations to Jcloud. The lord will perfect the good work He has started in this house.
Please where is Onoriode? abi him don waka ni?

Additions.

Please I beg all that are yet to attend interview to ensure all new certifications obtained are added, bcos you can never tell. It is good to truly show who you are.
There are two international bodies that I belong, I added all. She said "Did you attend University or polytechnic"? I answered University (LASU). She then asked where I served and I told her no bcos ICAN holder is exempted from service (backed with letter from NYSC to ICAN).

Thank you.

This is to express our appreciation to all in this house for your prayers, counsel and encouragement. The good Lord will reward you all for good. Be calm and all will surely make it. Thank You.
Adetoyin, pls do write to KCC and explain your situation, you will be lucky. I remember a friend of mine lost his 2007 wins because, the country of chargeability was wrongly selected bcos of the window drop down. I think he chose Nigeria, but the mouse scrolled and selected another country. He forgot to preview and just went ahead to submit the online application.
I love this house.

Debbie pls put EVERYBODY in your family on d application
i mean you, your spouse and the kids, no one left out pls.
God help u you win then you will see the usefulness of being truthful, afterall there is nothing to loose.

Congrats Jcloud.

Thanks Adebayo & Modest,

Both of you seem to have different opinions.

Is it wise to Put my Son who has an AMerican passport on my application form? I thought American Citizens are not supposed to apply for the VISA?

The issue is with the fact that the Guys require utmost honesty... If I eventually win and they see that I have 2 kids but stated that I had 1 kid in my form (because the other is an AMerican Citizen), I hope it wont give grounds for a disqualification.

Guru's your responses are needed...

This si getting more complex....

Interview info

pls J cloud, congrat onces again on ur sucess may it go round in Jesus name.pls my questions for you are:
1. how much those the medicals cost in Lagos for one person and how long those it take the results to be out
2.those the Consular interview both you the winner and ur wife or how?

Thanks Adebayo & Modest,

Both of you seem to have different opinions.

Is it wise to Put my Son who has an AMerican passport on my application form? I thought American Citizens are not supposed to apply for the VISA?

The issue is with the fact that the Guys require utmost honesty... If I eventually win and they see that I have 2 kids but stated that I had 1 kid in my form (because the other is an AMerican Citizen), I hope it wont give grounds for a disqualification.

Guru's your responses are needed...

This si getting more complex....

Debbie, if you include your American citizen child on your entry you will be disqualified.
Go to DV-Instructions under FAQ and check out Q11:

Q11. WHAT FAMILY MEMBERS MUST I INCLUDE ON MY ENTRY?

A11. ...all unmarried children under 21 years of age, with the exception of children who are already U.S. citizens or Legal Permanent Residents.

The fact that this exception is written in bold letters and the question is a "must do" or "must not do", indicates that failure to comply would lead to system disqualification (mostly computer aided programmes)

pls J cloud, congrat onces again on ur sucess may it go round in Jesus name.pls my questions for you are:
1. how much those the medicals cost in Lagos for one person and how long those it take the results to be out
2.those the Consular interview both you the winner and ur wife or how?

1. Medicals cost NGN15,800 for adult and NGN9800 per child. Sometime it may be more or less depending on the vaccinations already taken with records. Our result came out less than three weeks.
2. Both of us were interviewed.

thanx alot J cloud about the vaccination info and prices, pls also i have a question:
1. on the forms sent to KCC,the one in which ur wife filled who did she write as the petitioner becos one my one which am th winner i wrote my name as the petitioner and also in her own i was told she also will be the petitioner of her form.so what do u think about pls?
2:i returned by forms back to KCC 2 May 2007,and i dont understand u all saying{KCC Confirmation: *******, 2007. becos i have not gotten any confirmation letter or mail from KCC expect the online tracking details i used for the DHL that showed my parcel delivered.

Debbie, if you include your American citizen child on your entry you will be disqualified.
Go to DV-Instructions under FAQ and check out Q11:

Q11. WHAT FAMILY MEMBERS MUST I INCLUDE ON MY ENTRY?

A11. ...all unmarried children under 21 years of age, with the exception of children who are already U.S. citizens or Legal Permanent Residents.

The fact that this exception is written in bold letters and the question is a "must do" or "must not do", indicates that failure to comply would lead to system disqualification (mostly computer aided programmes)

Thanks a Lot Blackgerman.