• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Actually my husband registered me for this forum,but my nature of job hardly permit me to add one or two things and at the same i've tried in so many occassions to chip in someting..........but couldn't get a way out.
Infact i've been trying to pass this information across since from the time i came back from the interview.Plssss i'm sorry i've not been posting all dis while.........accept my apology houseeeeeeeeeee.

Back to discussion,i was made to understand that all applicants are to make a full payment b/4 d interview today.In my own case,we are 3 in no.i.e myself ,husband & a child,n we paid S755 each b/4 we were allowed in.
On ao we went about it.......it wasn't funny at all.........but all glory to God.

We were at the embassy around 5am n by 6.30am we were all call to line up.Then while filing- in,one of the security personel just asked evrybody if we ave up to S755 per applicant,i looked at my husband in the eyes as we were only prepared for s355 each.
I told my husband to disregard that announcement,afterall i've read here abt part payment and all dat.
We were directed in and to my dismay,we were given receipt for S755 each to go n make payment.At dat point we we confused n asked one of d security if we can quickly go out n look 4 solution,but she said we sud go n re-schedule our appointment(i rejected it immediately).so we quickly dashed out to a mallam in one of the Bdc around,narrated all our plights,we pleaded with him to give us d balance n gave him our car key with an open cheque for the value of the dollar(wc he gave us at a very high rate i.eN145/dollar).
And dat was ao God saved us.....narrowly :p

Case No.........2008af6xxx
06/04/07..........nl Rec:d
24/04/07...........sent Back To Kcc
15/09/07..........interview Dat Confirmed
03/10/07...2nd Pkg Rec
06/10/07..........medicals Started
17/10/07....medicals Completed
06/11/07.........interview Succesful
06/12/07..visa Pick Up Date.:

congratulations, but still waiting for the p3

hi everyone, i am a dv winner 2008 with case no 200800000***. i had my interview on last month.i took only my verification of result to the embassy on that day,due to this i was refused issueing of visa by the officer incharge.they told me that my case is under addminisrative procesing.can anyone tell me how long will this take?moreover is there any means person can make this snapy?i won't mind if i can get direct phone contact with the embassy.i have mailed to inform them that my certificate is ready but they seem too busy to reply me.i need urgent reply pls

addministative processing,how long?what's the meaning?

hi everyone, i am a dv winner 2008 with case no 200800000***. i had my interview on last month.i took only my verification of result to the embassy on that day,due to this i was refused issueing of visa by the officer incharge.they told me that my case is under addminisrative procesing.can anyone tell me how long will this take?moreover is there any means person can make this snapy?i won't mind if i can get direct phone contact with the embassy.i have mailed to inform them that my certificate is ready but they seem too busy to reply me.i need urgent reply pls

Please click on the link below and read the info in the thread.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=267780

hey yo !!!!!!!!

Congrats ORIRERE on your successful interview. It's also good you are confirming what i said earlier about the chic at window 12, so that people like "LiveForum" would just keep shut. Some people just generalize their own experience thinking that it all like that, probably because they had it easy. If you guys heed the advice of people like that, then you'll be in for shit.

MODEST, whatzup? I'm not yet hooked up, so their's no gal praying. Still searching. I don't think it a great idea announcing this yankee stuff bcos naija gals would get you chased unnecessarily. Cheers!!!!

Congrats ORIRERE on your successful interview. It's also good you are confirming what i said earlier about the chic at window 12, so that people like "LiveForum" would just keep shut. Some people just generalize their own experience thinking that it all like that, probably because they had it easy. If you guys heed the advice of people like that, then you'll be in for shit.

MODEST, whatzup? I'm not yet hooked up, so their's no gal praying. Still searching. I don't think it a great idea announcing this yankee stuff bcos naija gals would get you chased unnecessarily. Cheers!!!!

u need a very beautiful babe now, i hope u are old enough (financially)

i dont really enjoy the way u feel about live forum, we should learn to take criticism u know, common u are a big boy right?

blessings

hey,
whoever don carry belle should just relax

I am not saying this to scare, but from the people's experience last dv lottery, it is like if u re pregnant, they may ask u to come back after having the baby.
But if ur interview falls into Sept, they have have another story to tell u

Also let me say categorically that, there is no age too small for ur baby to get a passport, even a day old can get passport.

Now if u ask me i will ask and advice that u get Nigerian passport for ur kids before u leave Nigeria. Nigeria passport cost $150 in US.
Joy no airline will refuse to take u if u are 7months even if u are 9 months, but if u begin to behave as if u are going to put to bed there, u know how pregnant women behave, then they will demand for a doctors report.

Thank u modest and others for clarifying me.Actually,I was just wondering what happens in such case cos i realise it might apply to some people.I have previously read from other threads that if u are pregnant u could still go for ur interview but will not have to do X-ray examination but my main concern is waht happens if a baby comes after u have collectd the visa.Onyii has told us abt a pregnant woman was interviewed in this current dv although she was denied the visa cos she falsified her documents.at least we understand from the story that she went for her interview while pregnant,We also unfderstand that the denial has nothing whatsoever to do with the pregnancy.

Passport and birth certificate

Hello all,pls what exactly is the proceedure and cost of getting a passport here?I am aware u can do the application online i want to know how fast this could be.I went to the Immigration office in my state and they told me i shoud not the online application myself cos it could be so slow and inefficient.They requested i pay #21000 and thay will do it for but my,thats too costly.
Pls somebody should enlighten me.I am tempted to do the online application but am not too sure abt the whole thing.

Also i can somebody clarify me on what name to use on the NPC birth certificate.somebody told me it shld be my married name but am of the opinoin that it should be my maiden name since that is the name i was given at birth and a birth certificate is supposed to be issued at birth.am right?

like this

Thank u modest and others for clarifying me.Actually,I was just wondering what happens in such case cos i realise it might apply to some people.I have previously read from other threads that if u are pregnant u could still go for ur interview but will not have to do X-ray examination but my main concern is waht happens if a baby comes after u have collectd the visa.Onyii has told us abt a pregnant woman was interviewed in this current dv although she was denied the visa cos she falsified her documents.at least we understand from the story that she went for her interview while pregnant,We also unfderstand that the denial has nothing whatsoever to do with the pregnancy.

the pregnant ladies case was not concluded, becos she had a fake result, so that will not be used as a yard stick.
but look at it this way, if u have an immigrant visa, it means u are genuine,
if u have a baby here, at worst they will give the baby a visiting visa, so that u can regularize the baby when u travel.
so it is ok, i mean those are not issues to bother about

joy

Hello all,pls what exactly is the proceedure and cost of getting a passport here?I am aware u can do the application online i want to know how fast this could be.I went to the Immigration office in my state and they told me i shoud not the online application myself cos it could be so slow and inefficient.They requested i pay #21000 and thay will do it for but my,thats too costly.
Pls somebody should enlighten me.I am tempted to do the online application but am not too sure abt the whole thing.

Also i can somebody clarify me on what name to use on the NPC birth certificate.somebody told me it shld be my married name but am of the opinoin that it should be my maiden name since that is the name i was given at birth and a birth certificate is supposed to be issued at birth.am right?

am going to cane u on this, how can u use ur married name for birth cert/registration, did ur hubby give birth to u?
look madam! careful ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, wetin self?

on the passport, i think u should do it, somebody is doing for my mum inlaw for 18k and they said it will take 2 weeks, not online, so find out how long its going to take and make sure the person is genuine. i dont think the online thing is efficient for now

congrats

congrats to Orirere,may God perfect ours too,thank God for this forum,i dont know that visa fees is now $755,wow!

I Need More Responses

My cousin & her husband were interviewed the last week of sept.for DV 2007 winners,the WAEC certificate of the husband being the principal applicant was held on to 4 verification & a form was given to them,up till now the embassy has not contacted them,will they still be issued visa?[/QUOTE]:eek:

Otise o! Baba tise o, oun to bami leru, Baba tise o. Let somebody shout Halleluyah.

Felow good people of this forum, How can I ever explain the Awesomeness of our God. Simply put, HE is too much.
Today, the 8th of November, 2007, my family was at the embassy for our scheduled appointment, and behold, it is another unprecedented favour. Find below my account.
5.12am. Left our home in Ebute Metta West area of Lagos Mainland.
5.32am. Got to the NAPEX car park with the gate still closed with just a car parked at the main entrance, so we pulled up beside the car at the main entrance.
5.45am. Other cars and taxi began to come in.
6.00am. Those photographs guy were on prowl, looking for vulnerable people with the idea of one eared, two ears photographs.
6.50am. The draw box line was formed.
7.00am. The IV/DV line was formed from where we all now marched to the proper waiting line.
7.02am. Instruction to open all sealed envelopes without exception were communicated.
7.20am. The line began to move.
7.51am. My family got to the screening gate. The passport photographs were checked and certified o.k. Then the 2nd notification letter was collected and crossed check with the list. A look at the officer ticking our names on his list will possibly put us in the 2nd position on the DV list for the morning batch. The officer asked, Oga do you have all the money for the three applicants? I answered Yes. He said $755 in three places, and I again answered Yes. We were registered as DV 25, 26 and 27, but only my yellow slip was handed over as the principal applicant.
7.59am. We got to another desk where a contact information slip was handed over to me (to be filled). Our passport was collected and returned. Payment slip handed over to me.
8.03am. Entry into the waiting hall.
8.20am. Payment for the three was made. The dollars were screened thoroughly. Please note that a DV winner was asked to change about $30 that was not printed recently. Ensure your dollars are printed within the last five years and made possibly without $1 denomination. I advised this guy to go outside and look for the malam for exchange and he may have to compensate them. He did and God helped, as he was been called, he came and rush to turn his documents.
9.20am. Our number was called to appear in window 5. A nice man who screened my documents and returns many originals back to me, but took the photocopies. Note, only two passports are required. Behold, the forms submitted to KCC were live in front of me. The passports used were removed and returned to us. He asked me why I collected a letter from WAEC, and I explained that there was a letter error in my surname, instead of N, WAEC wrote W. He asked whether I have a photocopy and I said No, bcos I did not open the letter until I was asked to open all sealed envelopes this morning at the embassy. He now requested I remove it from the envelopes and give to him, which I did. He now asked us to return down stair and listen for our number to be called.
9.37am. We returned down stair and sat. At this time my baby girl started showing the stuff she was made of, playing and even roughly too.
10.18am. A number was called, I only heard 25, put don’t know whether IV or DV.
10.19am. The number was called again and behold it is our number, but at this point my little daughter prevented me from hearing the window. I asked people upstair if they hear the window, and all said no.
10.20am. Our number was called again and the Lady said emphatically, FOR THE LAST TIME. It was window 7.
10.21am. We quickly move there.
The conversation began.
Officer: Why did you not come up the first time I called?
J Cloud: My baby was playing loud, so I could not hear well.
Turn to my wife.
Officer: Lift up your right hand and say after me……the oath, we pledged to tell the truth alone.
Officer: How did you meet this man and when?
My wife: I was deployed to his dept in 1997.
Officer, cut in: you were his boss?
My wife: No.
Officer: He was your boss?
My wife: Yes.
Looks at me, and I nod my head in affirmation. She smiled.
Officer: When did you get married to this man?
My wife: October, 20xx.
Officer: Did he pay dowry?
My wife: Yes, but was returned.
She looked at me with an enquiry mind and I cut in “My in-laws returned the dowry, bcos they were not prepared to sell their daughter”. She laughed.
Officer: You must have given lot of Star?
My wife cut in: No star.
Officer: Plenty of yam tubers, malta, ‘mineras’.
We both answered Yes and corrected her, ‘malta guinness’.
J Cloud: We have photographs.
Officer: I know, we will get there.
Officer: This is your only daughter for now?
Officer: Where did you give birth to her?
My wife: At the RCCG hospital here in Lagos.
Officer: What does she weigh at birth?
We both answered ….3.xxxkg.
Officer: Was he there at delivery? Pointing to me.
We both said Yes. She was surprised. I told her it is our church hospital policy for every man to be beside his wife at delivery.
Officer: That is nice.
She then asked my wife to sign her form and as well sign for our daughter. She gave me handkerchief to clean the face of the finger print machine which I did. We (My wife and I) both did our finger prints. We did not have any pen on us. The officer now told us to use the pen placed for applicants. She said my wife could go and sit down, but my daughter protested. The officer smiled and said she is the father’s favourite, that they both can stand with me. We both nod our heads.
Officer: You won the DV lottery and that is why you are here.
J Cloud: Yes.
Officer: If we find you eligible, you will be issue visa.
J Cloud: That will be fine.
Officer: Where were you born?
J Cloud: Feb xx, 19xx.
Officer: Where?
J Cloud: Lagos.
Officer: Your wife birth date and place of birth?
J cloud: Answered.
Officer: Your daughter date of birth?
J Cloud: Answered.
Officer: What did you buy for daughter on her last birthday.
J Cloud: New dress and a tricycle.
Officer: Not okada?
J Cloud: I said No, with all of us laughing.
Officer: Show me the weddings picture you liked most and that of your daughter.
J Cloud: I did.
Officer: Please give me a minute.
She turned away and started typing. At this point I know God has done it.
Officer: Please come Nov., 27th for your visa pick up and welcome to America.
J Cloud: Thank you.
The officer then gave us the pick up slip. The time was 10.40am (Twenty solid minutes of fun). We were through.
From my observation, we are the first DV for the day.
Somebody once said, tell God how you want your interview to be, and be rest assured, so shall it be. No question was asked on qualifications or work experience. So ours may be unique.
God bless this house forever. Jrcies, Modest, Baba Aladura, Adebayo, Mrunique, Thonia 2, Mama J and every members. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Felow good people of this forum, How can I ever explain the Awesomeness of our God. Simply put, HE is too much.
Today, the 8th of November, 2007, my family was at the embassy for our scheduled appointment, and behold, it is another unprecedented favour. Find below my account.
5.32am. Got to the NAPEX car park with the gate still closed with just a car parked at the main entrance, so we pulled up beside the car at the main entrance.
6.00am. Those photographs guy were on prowl, looking for vulnerable people
e called.
9.37am. We returned down stair and sat. At this time my baby girl started showing the stuff she was made of, playing and even roughly too.
10.19am. The number was called again and behold it is our number, but at this point my little daughter prevented me from hearing the window. I asked people upstair if they hear the window, and all said no.
10.20am. Our number was called again and the Lady said emphatically, FOR THE LAST TIME. It was window 7.
The conversation began.
Turn to my wife.
Officer: Lift up your right hand and say after me……the oath, we pledged to tell the truth alone.
She looked at me with an enquiry mind and I cut in “My in-laws returned the dowry, bcos they were not prepared to sell their daughter”. She laughed.
We both said Yes. She was surprised. I told her it is our church hospital policy for every man to be beside his wife at delivery.
She then asked my wife to sign her form and as well sign for our daughter. She gave me handkerchief to clean the face of the finger print machine which I did. We (My wife and I) both did our finger prints. We did not have any pen on us. The officer now told us to use the pen placed for applicants. She said my wife could go and sit down, but my daughter protested. The officer smiled and said she is the father’s favourite, that they both can stand with me. We both nod our heads.
The officer then gave us the pick up slip. The time was 10.40am (Twenty solid minutes of fun). We were through.
Somebody once said, tell God how you want your interview to be, and be rest assured, so shall it be. No question was asked on qualifications or work experience. So ours may be unique.
God bless this house forever. Jrcies, Modest, Baba Aladura, Adebayo, Mrunique, Thonia 2, Mama J and every members. Thank you.

Priaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee God!!!.... J_cloud..this is wonderful.....I love your explanations so unique and the way you created the whole picture of every little thing that happened.Congratulation Brother...Now you can have rest of mind...start planing for your Trip to USA.......

Dear Modest,

This question is for you and all the others who can help out. We're about to apply for the DV 2009 Visa lottery but I have a question that has been bugging my mind. I'm married with 2 kids. The first one was born in the US while the 2nd was born in Nigeria. In filling the Online Form, do i have to include the first child's entry since He's my Child? He already has an American Passport. If I don't include his entry, will I declare that I have just 1 CHild? What happens if we eventually win and need to go do all of the verifications, show family Album etc?

Please let me have your advise on this.

6.00am. Those photographs guy were on prowl, looking for vulnerable people with the idea of one eared, two ears photographs.
6.50am. The draw box line was formed.
7.00am. The IV/DV line was formed from where we all now marched to the proper waiting line.
7.02am. Instruction to open all sealed envelopes without exception were communicated.
7.20am. The line began to move.
7.51am. My family got to the screening gate. The passport photographs were checked and certified o.k. Then the 2nd notification letter was collected and crossed check with the list. A look at the officer ticking our names on his list will possibly put us in the 2nd position on the DV list for the morning batch. The officer asked, Oga do you have all the money for the three applicants? I answered Yes. He said $755 in three places, and I again answered Yes. We were registered as DV 25, 26 and 27, but only my yellow slip was handed over as the principal applicant.
7.59am. We got to another desk where a contact information slip was handed over to me (to be filled). Our passport was collected and returned. Payment slip handed over to me.
8.03am. Entry into the waiting hall.
8.20am. Payment for the three was made. The dollars were screened thoroughly. Please note that a DV winner was asked to change about $30 that was not printed recently. Ensure your dollars are printed within the last five years and made possibly without $1 denomination. I advised this guy to go outside and look for the malam for exchange and he may have to compensate them. He did and God helped, as he was been called, he came and rush to turn his documents.
9.20am. Our number was called to appear in window 5. A nice man who screened my documents and returns many originals back to me, but took the photocopies. Note, only two passports are required. Behold, the forms submitted to KCC were live in front of me. The passports used were removed and returned to us. He asked me why I collected a letter from WAEC, and I explained that there was a word error in my surname, instead of N, WAEC wrote W. He asked whether I have a photocopy and I said No, bcos I did not open the letter until I was asked to open all sealed envelopes this morning at the embassy. He now requested I remove it from the envelopes and give to him, which I did. He mow asked us to return down stair and listen for our number to be called.
The conversation began.
Turn to my wife.
CONGRATULATIONS...May GOD'S favour rest on the rest of US:)

hey guys i just wanna use this medium to express my love for your oneness in this forum i'm a dv 1999 winner my self, my mum won in 2005 and my older sister in 2006 , and we are all here in the states, lately i've been going through ur tread and i think this is amazing, you guys are doing a wonderful job assisting each other , and words are not enough to explain how much i love your oneness. my advise to those of you who are yet to go for your interview is , just be your self , don't have any worries what so ever, i'v been in the states since dec of 1999 and i realized that the whites are just like anyone else always look them in the eyes when talk to them and always have a smile on your face, this also applies to when you get her, because i believe whoever reads this is for sure gonna be successful during his/her interview. have a good day guys.