• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Debbie, if you include your American citizen child on your entry you will be disqualified.
Go to DV-Instructions under FAQ and check out Q11:

Q11. WHAT FAMILY MEMBERS MUST I INCLUDE ON MY ENTRY?

A11. ...all unmarried children under 21 years of age, with the exception of children who are already U.S. citizens or Legal Permanent Residents.

The fact that this exception is written in bold letters and the question is a "must do" or "must not do", indicates that failure to comply would lead to system disqualification (mostly computer aided programmes)

Hi Blackgerman,

Can you please send me the link to the DV-Instructions page on the FAQ section? I keep getting an error message that says "No matches are found".

thanx alot J cloud about the vaccination info and prices, pls also i have a question:
1. on the forms sent to KCC,the one in which ur wife filled who did she write as the petitioner becos one my one which am th winner i wrote my name as the petitioner and also in her own i was told she also will be the petitioner of her form.so what do u think about pls?
2:i returned by forms back to KCC 2 May 2007,and i dont understand u all saying{KCC Confirmation: *******, 2007. becos i have not gotten any confirmation letter or mail from KCC expect the online tracking details i used for the DHL that showed my parcel delivered.
Getshorty, you need to create a signature so that we can know your case number, so that the house can profer solution. Refer your question to all and not personalised it, bcos there are a lot of things I don't know, I am also learning. Take the pain and read through this thread and 2007, you will have answers to all your questions.
1. You are the petitioner on your own forms and she is the petitioner on her own forms. If you write yours on both, I believe there is no implication. On the day of your interview the forms will be given to you for possible correction. However inform KCC immediately of the observed mistake.
Good luck.

DV2008 Lucky winners frm Nigeria-Pls I need help on some Information

Case No:2008AF00014XXX
First Pack:07-May-2007
Sent Back To KCC:14-May2007
Pack Received By KCC:21-May 20007
Awaiting 2nd Pack

For evidence of Support,can i used a sponsor's Statement of A/c or must it be my own a/c,hw much do i need to have in an a/c of such?
Can i jet my police certificate this year and keep or should i wait 4 next year?

Port of Entry.

House,
When will I be asked for POE? The officer did not ask me anything on POE.

VANDEN,
Your own bank statement may not be acceptable. You may check the poverty guideline website for a guide to amount. Which part of the world are you from? For your police report, wait till when you are current, because it does expire.

Case No:2008AF00014XXX
First Pack:07-May-2007
Sent Back To KCC:14-May2007
Pack Received By KCC:21-May 20007
Awaiting 2nd Pack

For evidence of Support,can i used a sponsor's Statement of A/c or must it be my own a/c,hw much do i need to have in an a/c of such?
Can i jet my police certificate this year and keep or should i wait 4 next year?

wait till ur are current to get ur police report

read thru the thread for other infor

Hi Blackgerman,

Can you please send me the link to the DV-Instructions page on the FAQ section? I keep getting an error message that says "No matches are found".

Your entry will be disqualified if all required photographs are not submitted. Recent photographs of the following people must be submitted electronically with the Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form:
you
your spouse
each unmarried child under 21 years of age, including all natural children as well as all legally-adopted children and stepchildren, even if a child no longer resides with you or you do not intend for a child to immigrate under the DV program
You do not need to submit a photo for a child who is already a U.S. citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident

if there is any mistake the system will tell, so fill ur form with 2 kids and state america for the place of birth of the citizen, try to preview and see the message the syst will give u.

but the instruction is clear, u do not play for somebody who is a citizen

read page two of the instruction page that blackgerman sent here

House,
When will I be asked for POE? The officer did not ask me anything on POE.

VANDEN,
Your own bank statement may not be acceptable. You may check the poverty guideline website for a guide to amount. Which part of the world are you from? For your police report, wait till when you are current, because it does expire.

poe is entirely ur biz, when u pick ur visa they will place the address of ur sponsor, u may not go to that country if u wish and change ur address at the poe

Salutations

hey guys i just wanna use this medium to express my love for your oneness in this forum i'm a dv 1999 winner my self, my mum won in 2005 and my older sister in 2006 , and we are all here in the states, lately i've been going through ur tread and i think this is amazing, you guys are doing a wonderful job assisting each other , and words are not enough to explain how much i love your oneness. my advise to those of you who are yet to go for your interview is , just be your self , don't have any worries what so ever, i'v been in the states since dec of 1999 and i realized that the whites are just like anyone else always look them in the eyes when talk to them and always have a smile on your face, this also applies to when you get her, because i believe whoever reads this is for sure gonna be successful during his/her interview. have a good day guys.
Respectful salutations to a most senior member of this forum. Your nice comments are appreciated and any insight you can share will be most welcome as more people join the US-Nigerian "Foreign Legion".

J Cloud, Congrats

Heartfelt felicitations to you and your family. Godspeed as you move to America.
The advanced warning from Orirere about full cash payment and the availability of "Microfinance" from the mallam certainly helped that guy who had the old currency problem at the Embassy. I am shocked that they rejected old notes since this stuff is supposed to be legal tender.
Cogratulations, once again.

thanx to all the Nigerian brothers and sister that has taken time to explain to others how their Dvlottery interview experince was.Am new here and i have few questions to ask pls; when i was filling my forms that was sent to my KCC i made a little mistake in three columns and i cleaned them to make the right corrections,hope it wont affect during the interview day.

hello

Pls,dis Is New Information O...embassy No Longer Accept Part Payment O..............you Are To Make Your Full Payment Before Your Interview I.e S755 Per Applicant. It Nearly Caused An Itch For Me Today..if Not 4 God.dat Sent Favour My Way..............na Anoda Story I 4 Dey Talk Now.cos We Were Not Allowed To Enter.

Don't they tell DV winners the amount they will pay when they come 4 the interview from the package they send,because it seems they do not give a damn abt anything .

na wah oooooooooooo

The changes in dv fees affected my interveiw too cos i have to reshedule my to another date,About 10 of us resheduled.:confused:

The changes in dv fees affected my interveiw too cos i have to reshedule my to another date,About 10 of us resheduled.:confused:

Eeeyaaaaaaaaaaaa/
well thank God all the same.all things work together for ur good.the rescheduling is for good,ok.
Best of luck

the pregnant ladies case was not concluded, becos she had a fake result, so that will not be used as a yard stick.
but look at it this way, if u have an immigrant visa, it means u are genuine,
if u have a baby here, at worst they will give the baby a visiting visa, so that u can regularize the baby when u travel.
so it is ok, i mean those are not issues to bother about

ok,abeg no mind my ignorance.Meanwhile,i no get belle oooooo.I just wanted to know.Thanks for enlightening me.

am going to cane u on this, how can u use ur married name for birth cert/registration, did ur hubby give birth to u?
look madam! careful ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, wetin self?

on the passport, i think u should do it, somebody is doing for my mum inlaw for 18k and they said it will take 2 weeks, not online, so find out how long its going to take and make sure the person is genuine. i dont think the online thing is efficient for now

Noooooooooooooo.Pls dont bring cane ooooooo.
Its not as though i am not aware that i should not use his name.Its just that the guy that told me this is a staff of NPC.The whole thing was so confusing and i had to come here to seek una opinion.
Read my post,u will see that i said that should not be the case.I only want to be doubly sure to avoid making a silly mistake.ok
U know u once told us to come and ask questions even the seemingly silly questions so as to clear all doubts and avoid the had i known that always comes at last.

As for the passport,the guy is geniune.He said it will take abt three weeks.I will ring him soon and arrange for that.
Thanks so much.U are God sent.

hi everyone, have been a member of this forum for a while now but never contributed.

glad to say it was most helpful when i needed it. would have missed my appt date if i had not found this forum cos my 2nd package only came after my appointment date.
i am a medical doctor and i live in trinidad and tobago.

at my interview i was asked d following questions....
name ........
date of birth
present job and duration of my contract
my marital status and if i had somebody in miind at present
relationship with my sponsor
what kind of job do u plan to do in the US?
have u ever been arrested?
how did u qualify for the IV application?
i did not go with a AOS I-134 form cos i didnt have it in my second package which was by the way sent by email. but i had gone with my bank statement which had about 25k but i was still asked to bring an I-134form and i told him i had called kcc and they said if i have enough funds i wont need to submit an I-134 form, and he replied that he agrees with me, but d final say still lies with my visa officer and that since i have to take an exam b4 i start to practice, that even though i have a substantial amt. but that when i settle down in US the money goes really fast,i was also asked to show how i plan to transfer my funds to the US, another police report from nigeria which i didnt know i had to get, cos i had one issued from here and my birth certificate which i had replaced with an old affidavit which was sworn when i was getting into d university (funny cos i thot d age of the document would have impressed the man).i was given a letter which says i cannot be issued a visa until i have all d above documents and to come back on any friday when i have all the documents so they can continue d processing of my visa
my question now is........
my dad had to obtain my birth cert. from nigeria and he obtained it from d NPC in edo state where he lives presently while i was born in abia state even though this was correctly stated in d document i hope d state where it was issued does not matter or does it have to come from d state where i was born?

chedike
AF000031XX
NL RECIEVED13/4/07
INTERVIEW DATE 2ND OCT

Noooooooooooooo.Pls dont bring cane ooooooo.
Its not as though i am not aware that i should not use his name.Its just that the guy that told me this is a staff of NPC.The whole thing was so confusing and i had to come here to seek una opinion.
Read my post,u will see that i said that should not be the case.I only want to be doubly sure to avoid making a silly mistake.ok
U know u once told us to come and ask questions even the seemingly silly questions so as to clear all doubts and avoid the had i known that always comes at last.

As for the passport,the guy is geniune.He said it will take abt three weeks.I will ring him soon and arrange for that.
Thanks so much.U are God sent.

u caught me there, es i said the words in colour , so no cane, forgive me

yes the passport thing is a good decision

hello

hi everyone, have been a member of this forum for a while now but never contributed.

glad to say it was most helpful when i needed it. would have missed my appt date if i had not found this forum cos my 2nd package only came after my appointment date.
i am a medical doctor and i live in trinidad and tobago.

at my interview i was asked d following questions....
name ........
date of birth
present job and duration of my contract
my marital status and if i had somebody in miind at present
relationship with my sponsor
what kind of job do u plan to do in the US?
have u ever been arrested?
how did u qualify for the IV application?
i did not go with a AOS I-134 form cos i didnt have it in my second package which was by the way sent by email. but i had gone with my bank statement which had about 25k but i was still asked to bring an I-134form and i told him i had called kcc and they said if i have enough funds i wont need to submit an I-134 form, and he replied that he agrees with me, but d final say still lies with my visa officer and that since i have to take an exam b4 i start to practice, that even though i have a substantial amt. but that when i settle down in US the money goes really fast,i was also asked to show how i plan to transfer my funds to the US, another police report from nigeria which i didnt know i had to get, cos i had one issued from here and my birth certificate which i had replaced with an old affidavit which was sworn when i was getting into d university (funny cos i thot d age of the document would have impressed the man).i was given a letter which says i cannot be issued a visa until i have all d above documents and to come back on any friday when i have all the documents so they can continue d processing of my visa
my question now is........
my dad had to obtain my birth cert. from nigeria and he obtained it from d NPC in edo state where he lives presently while i was born in abia state even though this was correctly stated in d document i hope d state where it was issued does not matter or does it have to come from d state where i was born?

u will be issued a visa, if u can give them all that they need
how much is the 25k if converted to usd

u talked about sworn affidavit, pls throw more light on this
but in the main time, ur birth cert has to be gotten from abia state
u were born in nigeria and if u left Nigeria after u were 16 u need the police report
pint ur 10 fingers in a paper and label them dhl this to ur dad, he will get a police report for u

for all our members that have not been contributing, this is a lesson
if u contribute to the forum, u will be more committed and will be able to understand all that we discuss, but if u don't contribute, u will just be reading the forum like a novel and u know what that means