• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

I have a question for you guys.

My two old passports have only my first name and my last name. I recently applied for and received (two weeks ago) a new passport with my two middle names included.

Should I carry the old passports to the interview? They have the history of my previous travels to the US and one has my current tourist visa. Will the missing names in the old passports pose a problem :confused:

u should carry all the passports, ur birth cert will sort the name issues out and u wouldn't have problems, if u dindt hav the full name in the nl u sent, they will update it at the embassy, including ur passport number if they are not the same with the old ones.

as a matter of fact u should staplle them together. it is not a big issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ur Signature Helps

:):):)
Now you are so sure:):p

Hi jrcies, am always encouraged by ur signature, ur case number (over 20,000) and yet u got ur Visa. It means I will get mine too and be an encouragement to DV 2009 lucky winners. I notice many of the people that post stuffs here are people with lower case numbers. I hope many of us with higher case numbers are not scared away since we got to know how the current number stuff works. Let’s hope in God that it will SOON be our turn. Under ur message is “I HOPE THIS HELPS” I tell u, not the message at times but that signature. Pls update it well ‘cos it helps a lot. I will soon re-edit my signature too, I just need to confirm some dates when I get home.
I also commend everyone in the house; it’s a gr8 privilege to have this house. Let's not argue, fight or post wild stuffs. Let's hope in God and He will help us. Love u all

Last edited by a moderator:
hello guys.i wish all happy new begining and i pray that we will not have cause to regret ever processing this lottery.good news shall follow us all the days of our lives.(AMEN)
people,i was at the embassy yesterday to collect my medical form.alot of different pple as usual trying to enter yankee thru different means.the gist is;i got talking with a lady that just did her interview.she is dv07.she said when she did her first interview,she couldn't answer a math question that the consular asked and was refused visa becos of that,even with all other document intact,but she immediately wrote a letter to the embassy with the help of a lawyer in yaba and she was called for another interview(cos u re not suppose to be disqualified because of that.its not a job interview,as long as u have ur correct o'level) and she was given a visa..............can u just imagine that.had it been she did not get that info,she will have been denied visa 4 ever.(power of information)
just feeding u with news from the embassy!more good news to come.
chacho reporting live from the embassy.......................:D:D:D

NIce to know

the gist is;i got talking with a lady that just did her interview.she is dv07.she said when she did her first interview,she couldn't answer a math question that the consular asked and was refused visa becos of that,even with all other document intact,but she immediately wrote a letter to the embassy with the help of a lawyer in yaba and she was called for another interview(cos u re not suppose to be disqualified because of that.its not a job interview,as long as u have ur correct o'level) and she was given a visa..............can u just imagine that.had it been she did not get that info,she will have been denied visa 4 ever.(power of information)
chacho reporting live from the embassy.......................:D:D:D[/QUOTE]

Good Information...am happy for the young Lady.

Good Talk

That is good to hear.. So guys the whole issue is get your documents right. I know that case of not answering the maths question right was almost scaring to many. Please house and especially the 2008 winners, cheer up and God will see us through in Jesus Name.
Chacho, God bless you for that info. We pray for all those scheduled for interview this period that God will see you through.

NL RECEIVED:31/03/2006
CASE NUMBER:2008AF00024**

WAITING FOR 2ND LETTER .
Interview Date Confirmed; 29th oct.2007
13/06/2007; Got the second package

I will like to know if i will need an employment letter cos im running a family business and i dont really really know if the consular will reqest for my employment letter.

WAITING FOR 2ND LETTER .

I will like to know if i will need an employment letter cos im running a family business and i dont really really know if the consular will reqest for my employment letter.

Hled, Please can u through more light on this issue. Do you have the minimum Education Requirement of O' level ? or are you saying that you are Qualified under the category of Employment. I mean if you have any degree or O level you are fine. Employment letter is secondary but you can still go with it to prove your claim that you are working.

Clarity required.

WAITING FOR 2ND LETTER .

How come you received NL 2006 and you are a 2008 winner with interview scheduled for 27th October, 2007? Again you got your 2nd package in June, 2007. I think your data is simply amazing. Kindly sinchronise your data.
To answer your question, employment letter is not a requirement, but not bad if you can get one to take along. In case they may ask of your work experience if you are claiming work experience.

u should carry all the passports, ur birth cert will sort the name issues out and u wouldn't have problems, if u dindt hav the full name in the nl u sent, they will update it at the embassy, including ur passport number if they are not the same with the old ones.

as a matter of fact u should staplle them together. it is not a big issue.

Thanks for the advice Modest.

please house, Can a 2008 dv winner with a high CN apply for the 2009 dv lottery without interference to his 2008 dv?

please house, Can a 2008 dv winner with a high CN apply for the 2009 dv lottery without interference to his 2008 dv?

yes.

Onoriode, we are all expecting your experience for sharing in the house. Few Nigerians were interviewed yesterday, as well as some that reschedule theirs.
Members of this house let us continue to thank God for been part of this forum. I talked to some of our people yesterday, I bet you many did not know that anything of this sort is happening. I gave those I met yesterday the forum address for information. I think alot of people will be interviewed on the 16th October.

Live

hello guys.i wish all happy new begining and i pray that we will not have cause to regret ever processing this lottery.good news shall follow us all the days of our lives.(AMEN)
people,i was at the embassy yesterday to collect my medical form.alot of different pple as usual trying to enter yankee thru different means.the gist is;i got talking with a lady that just did her interview.she is dv07.she said when she did her first interview,she couldn't answer a math question that the consular asked and was refused visa becos of that,even with all other document intact,but she immediately wrote a letter to the embassy with the help of a lawyer in yaba and she was called for another interview(cos u re not suppose to be disqualified because of that.its not a job interview,as long as u have ur correct o'level) and she was given a visa..............can u just imagine that.had it been she did not get that info,she will have been denied visa 4 ever.(power of information)
chacho reporting live from the embassy.......................:D:D:D

LOVE THIS SLOGAN 'reporting live from the embassy'

THIS INFORMATION IS VERY KEY AND USEFUL, JOB WELL DONE

hello pals. tust we're all preparing for our interviews. I pray for God's faavour on the day of our respective interviews in Jesus Name.
Wanna know if any dv-2008 winner has gone for interview. If yes do share your experience with us please.

guys,i just got my second package.:D:D:D:D

Chacho, congratulations!!!!. Cheers!!!
I am happy for you. Can you please tell us the content; as in the interview date and all those stuff. Once again , i wish you success during your interview.

KCC Recieved: May 10

Hi guys, one of our own Chacho just recieved his second package. can we all pray for him once again and celebrate with him for we know that in doing that, our own testimonies will come for sure.

KCC Recieved: May 10

english and maths a must?

Please my Dear good people i just came across this forum newly , and i will like to know as a Dv winner if English and mathematics is a must for qualification during interview.

again can i go to the interview with Secondary school certificate which i did not include in my dsp form?

dv2007

my advice to dv2008 dv interview is very simple and easy about 8 minutes
personal quistion name , school , occupation , you must bring all your document if you dont have any document like affidavit of support will delay your visa long time

every thing is easy