• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

To further add to what John and Oga Modest have said.

I think we Nigerians always want "Kia Kia" answer to everything!

We lack the ability to spend time and read or make a research(e)s

I am sure if all members took their time to read through DV 07 thread, there will be less questions to be asked here.

All most people do, is just ask and never bothered to read!!!

I go begin carry cane come here now:mad:

:confused: i dont have a sponsor or anyone at the united states. pls will this spoil my chances

Didn't I just say, you should read through the thread???????

OMG!!! where is my cane!!!:mad:

For the last time,if you are single then you don't, but if married, you do...:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pressure does not work that way for the embassy, believe it, they are very focused and trained, all they look for is lapses and they all report to kcc on monthly bases (world wide). that report determines the visa bulletin, so that they do not over- shoot, DV visa is centrally controlled, they know what they are looking for, and tell u what they all have similar way of attending with people.
The only diff is that in Nigeria, the security men and the first set of people that take ur package are so rude and piss u off, making u nervous, other countries it is not like that, even when they deny u visa, they will still trat u like a human being and not a fraud star.
What we should be concerned about now is to pray that all numbers are current by sept 2008, and our own part is to make sure that our documents are intact.

I receive my notification letter in may and returned to kcc by sept and made an addition after my number was current, i still was able to scale through, so i dont think submission period has anything to do with it

Mobolaji, what happened is very possble, i have experienced it before on about two occasions, the only good job u have to do is to get ur family doucments and photographs and prepare ur self for some extra questions, since they gave u form for everybody it means u have filled the pricipal applicant portion correctly.
My brother,l think as a Nigeria our mentality toward certain issues is really affecting us,may be we are too eager,probably that is why this pple believe we are lieing in all our dealings with them hence it resulted to maltreatment of which we do not deserve. Sincerely they needed Nigerians more than others 'cos of our potential which they normally tap. Honestly ,l don't know somebody in the house can believe my story, remember it's all about programming. like you said God shall favour us all and guide those who are current

My brother,l think as a Nigeria our mentality toward certain issues is really affecting us,may be we are too eager,probably that is why this pple believe we are lieing in all our dealings with them hence it resulted to maltreatment of which we do not deserve. Sincerely they needed Nigerians more than others 'cos of our potential which they normally tap. Honestly ,l don't know somebody in the house can believe my story, remember it's all about programming. like you said God shall favour us all and guide those who are current

Mobolaji, to be honest with ya, we do not derserve what we go thru at US embassies but we are the cause of our problems. Don't come up here and try to act like you don't know wussup. There is so much sham going on and advance fee fraud is something else thats killin us. almost every kid in Southern Nigeria is going in fraud which i think is rediculous. We have to hold the Nigerian govt responsible for the poverty and high unemployment rate and not try to blame it on the US government when they don't issue visas to nigerians who they think might be presenting false documents.
You need to visit Houston, TX and see whats going on in nigerian communities.
And there's a comment you made about" they need Nigerians cuz of our potential".haha.
Do u know that an average Nigerian has about 3 passports with totally different informations?
Yeah, i know the embassies down there might be jacking up nigerians by not refunding atleast part of their visa fee when visas are denied, but there's nothin anyone down there wants to do about it because the economy isn't gettin any better.
We need to understand that winning the DV lottery is not a right to be issued a US visa.

Provoked?

Yes you can and pls take the time out to read through all the threads, you will find yourself alot more useful informations there.

Thank God I have been able to provoke the SENIORS in the house by my question which actually bothered on been double sure. It is good for us to read thru all the threads, but the time may not just be there also for us to do that (There are busy Nigerians too). I tell you quick solution to problems is an attitude we all inherited and I want to say sorry if I have angered the seniors. I want the house to understand something that as we communicate on this forum people also speak to us on phone, and many of us believe this house is the only place where issues will be tackled with all honesty. Many winners do not have access to internet as some of us do. Such ones brings their questions and I am sure getting your valued opinion is not a sin. As Jrcies said, may be we are anxious for nothing, but we must understand that in every investment, no stone must be left unturned and that issues may not be exactly the same with that on previous threads. Let us take time to listen and assist, I have my doubts if people like Oga Johnkent can be a teacher. Again, we must understand something that many winners don't take America as a do or die affair (many had opportunity to defect in past travels, but just refuse too), bcos sincerely, the future is also bright here in Nigeria for many that work hard and that is why I said Nigerian can fit in anywhere in the world. Oga Johnkent talked about $6 per hour sometime ago, this is nothing to many Nigerians today. I tell you friends we have Nigerians that earn as salary monthly $8600. I said earlier this expedition becomes important because of ones family and nothing more. We must not look down on ourselves.

Haaaaaaa.

Mobolaji, to be honest with ya, we do not derserve what we go thru at US embassies but we are the cause of our problems. Don't come up here and try to act like you don't know wussup. There is so much sham going on and advance fee fraud is something else thats killin us. almost every kid in Southern Nigeria is going in fraud which i think is rediculous. We have to hold the Nigerian govt responsible for the poverty and high unemployment rate and not try to blame it on the US government when they don't issue visas to nigerians who they think might be presenting false documents.
And there's a comment you made about" they need Nigerians cuz of our potential".haha.
Do u know that an average Nigerian has about 3 passports with totally different informations?
Yeah, i know the embassies down there might be jacking up nigerians by not refunding atleast part of their visa fee when visas are denied, but there's nothin anyone down there wants to do about it because the economy isn't gettin any better.
We need to understand that winning the DV lottery is not a right to be issued a US visa.

Oga Johnkent,
Thank God you are a Nigerian, and please bcos of your position and the opportunities you have, help put up good reputation for Nigerian. If some Nigerian in down turn Houston have average three passports, this does not make all Nigerians bad and fraudulent people. I think we need to believe in ourselves as a people before we will expect Americans or any other nation to trust us. Sincerely, I am not happy with your summed up believe of your fellow countrymen. To me it is very unfair.

i knw nigerians are into so many fraudulent things.still it hurts wen u paint evrybody wit same brush.wen u pick up the average nigerian daily, ur eyses are assualted wit the unrelenting fraud.but still ..wetin? .i think the white man overdoes things.we screwed ourselves ..just read the threads see how excited we ar cos of the lottery.we all want out.we will keep trooping to the embassies..consular officers not half as educated will give us shit..after all who dey beg na im hand long pass.it hurts

Oga Johnkent,
Thank God you are a Nigerian, and please bcos of your position and the opportunities you have, help put up good reputation for Nigerian. If some Nigerian in down turn Houston have average three passports, this does not make all Nigerians bad and fraudulent people. I think we need to believe in ourselves as a people before we will expect Americans or any other nation to trust us. Sincerely, I am not happy with your summed up believe of your fellow countrymen. To me it is very unfair.

Nah, I mean Nigerians in Nigeria has so many passports that embassies sometimes don't even know who the heck they are issuing the visa to.
That has nothin to do with folks in Houston

i knw nigerians are into so many fraudulent things.still it hurts wen u paint evrybody wit same brush.wen u pick up the average nigerian daily, ur eyses are assualted wit the unrelenting fraud.but still ..wetin? .i think the white man overdoes things.we screwed ourselves ..just read the threads see how excited we ar cos of the lottery.we all want out.we will keep trooping to the embassies..consular officers not half as educated will give us shit..after all who dey beg na im hand long pass.it hurts

I was not painting every nigerian as being fraudulent. I was just making a point about why the US embassy has a hard time issuing visas to nigerians.

yeh

To further add to what John and Oga Modest have said.

I think we Nigerians always want "Kia Kia" answer to everything!

We lack the ability to spend time and read or make a research(e)s

I am sure if all members took their time to read through DV 07 thread, there will be less questions to be asked here.

All most people do, is just ask and never bothered to read!!!

I go begin carry cane come here now:mad:

:D :D
Madam I laf soteeeeeeeeeeeeee, I tire, if u carry cane, students go run oh, me i dey fear cane no be small.

How ur yankee preparation, are u coming back or settling down
then which sate u dey enter, i hope ur hubby is preparing well u, as per flight money and other stuff, i beg carry enough egusi and dried bitter leaf

Nah, I mean Nigerians in Nigeria has so many passports that embassies sometimes don't even know who the heck they are issuing the visa to.
That has nothin to do with folks in Houston

Better. I however urge you to help wherever you are and will be to assist Nigeria and Nigerians better our image. For me, I believe we have good and upright people in Nigeria. As Orere said in term of education, qualifications, e.t.c. Nigerians are not empty heads. Genuineness of passport will come with the advent of E passport, it is a gradual process.

O yeh

Better. I however urge you to help wherever you are and will be to assist Nigeria and Nigerians better our image. For me, I believe we have good and upright people in Nigeria. As Orere said in term of education, qualifications, e.t.c. Nigerians are not empty heads. Genuineness of passport will come with the advent of E passport, it is a gradual process.

Nigeria we hail thee, sincerely we are blessed, it is just that our leaders have refused to take us to the promise land. But God knows that very soon, we will be free from being slaves in our own land.

Nigerians may be involved in fraudlent activities truely but they are the worst set of people in the world. Mexican, people from Peru, they all jump fence to enter US becos they are close and there are about 6million of them that are illegal alliens in US (50% of the total illegal alliens in US), they steal and commit murder, and all sorts of criminal activities u can think of, people will not mention them, becos they are not black.

Look my brethren we just need to pray for Nigeria, becos as a country we are not poor, but as citizens meeeeeeeeeeeeeeen we are very poor:mad:
No thanks to our leaders. Nigerians have more than one passport becos our record keeping is not good, and u know people dey always like short cuts.
Lets just encourage ourselves, try as much as we can to do the right thing and clear what is possible. You will all get to US, then u will realise that US is not a paradise, but they sabi maintain and weting remain, life is all about management.

:D :D
Madam I laf soteeeeeeeeeeeeee, I tire, if u carry cane, students go run oh, me i dey fear cane no be small.

How ur yankee preparation, are u coming back or settling down
then which sate u dey enter, i hope ur hubby is preparing well u, as per flight money and other stuff, i beg carry enough egusi and dried bitter leaf

If student do wetin go make teacher carry cane,then teacher must carry cane!:D

Settling down? I don't think so for now. The truth is,my husband is kind of having a cold feet towards moving over to the States, his reasons been,:p if he will be able to make what he is making here in Nigeria in states and he can't stand this intercontinental food...
He is an African man to the core that would like to have his fufu and Okro soup 3times a day.
Aside from these,I hope to be back next year let say, April for my exams.

These factors here gives my husband alot of concern...he even suggested that I go while he stays but I objected. So I guess we both will leave by Oct to experiment, stay till we receive the GC then, we decide.

As for flight ticket and the rest GOD has taken care of that long before now.

Thanks for asking....I hope Madam and the kids are doing good?

Thank God I have been able to provoke the SENIORS in the house by my question which actually bothered on been double sure. It is good for us to read thru all the threads, but the time may not just be there also for us to do that (There are busy Nigerians too). I tell you quick solution to problems is an attitude we all inherited and I want to say sorry if I have angered the seniors. I want the house to understand something that as we communicate on this forum people also speak to us on phone, and many of us believe this house is the only place where issues will be tackled with all honesty. Many winners do not have access to internet as some of us do. Such ones brings their questions and I am sure getting your valued opinion is not a sin. As Jrcies said, may be we are anxious for nothing, but we must understand that in every investment, no stone must be left unturned and that issues may not be exactly the same with that on previous threads. Let us take time to listen and assist, I have my doubts if people like Oga Johnkent can be a teacher. Again, we must understand something that many winners don't take America as a do or die affair (many had opportunity to defect in past travels, but just refuse too), bcos sincerely, the future is also bright here in Nigeria for many that work hard and that is why I said Nigerian can fit in anywhere in the world. Oga Johnkent talked about $6 per hour sometime ago, this is nothing to many Nigerians today. I tell you friends we have Nigerians that earn as salary monthly $8600. I said earlier this expedition becomes important because of ones family and nothing more. We must not look down on ourselves.

Yes,we are here to help ourselves but each and everyone of us also must endeavour to help him or herself too by trying to read through the thread, repetition of questions and answers isn't good to me.

My cane still kampe ooooo

Settling down? I don't think so for now. The truth is,my husband is kind of having a cold feet towards moving over to the States, his reasons been,:p if he will be able to make what he is making here in Nigeria in states and he can't stand this intercontinental food...
He is an African man to the core that would like to have his fufu and Okro soup 3times a day.

These factors here gives my husband alot of concern...he even suggested that I go while he stays but I objected. So I guess we both will leave by Oct to experiment, stay till we receive the GC then, we decide.

This si good to here, i think u guys are making a very good decision.
pls tell ur hubby that there are a lot of african and spanish stores in the states and they sell all the stuff, so food is not a problem, it is settling in that is the big deal and all these depend on the type of infor u get in the states, it is not bad after all and it is worth all the stress, it is just that u need time to settle in.
God bless ur decisions

Madam, when I see you talk about cane, I begin beg say softly, softly oo, make you no vex.:D :D
I think your husband can make the same amount he is making in Nigeria in US. It will involve getting the right contacts and searching on the internet for opportunities. It may involve taking some exams [from his performance in the visa interview he will pass the exams quick, quick] just to get the right certification and the right job.
However, he may not even need any exams. You remember one of the earlier families that went [Temi/2T/wld; I am not sure], the wife left Nigeria, with a job already waiting in Atlanta. The family was flown to the US first class. [I think most Nigerians will only pay for "attach" seats if they will allow them on the plane--just a joke]. That is God's blessings; which cannot be limited.
As one Man of God said "The future is as bright as the promises of God".
Bottom line is that he needs to go there and look at the ground for himself.

Thanks guys are far too kind!!! I'm so lucky to be a member of such a great family.

Oga Modest, you asked,where I will be settling down.My Oga, sister and brother dey MD, so na there we go tanda!!!

Guys, if you need Police report, I have a contact in Alagbon that can get you one for as low =N=2500 compare to the regular =N=10000 or =N=5000 .

Also, I advise one wait for his/her number to be current before applying for one.

Thanks guys are far too kind!!! I'm so lucky to be a member of such a great family.

Oga Modest, you asked,where I will be settling down.My Oga, sister and brother dey MD, so na there we go tanda!!!

Guys, if you need Police report, I have a contact in Alagbon that can get you one for as low =N=2500 compare to the regular =N=10000 or =N=5000 .

Also, I advise one wait for his/her number to be current before applying for one.
Please can l have the contact details as to contact him or her when l become current:)